• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Here are the Galar forms I’d love to see:

Druddigon- Make it larger with functional wings and fiery breath like medieval dragons

Glameow and Purrugly- Turn them into Manx cats that can jump high and rely heavily on slamming their bodies into their opponents while curled into a ball and utilize spinning and most ball attacks barring Shadow, Energy, and Electro Ball as they are energy based attacks that don’t involve the body. Ice Ball would be an Egg Move since it is a Physical Attack. If Meowth and Persian can change breeds in a different region then so could Glameow and Purrugly.

Lapras- Make it larger and more of a greenish blue and pure Water and look similar to the Loch Ness monster. It gets Acid Armor to explain how it disappears so quickly from a sighting because it melts itself in the water much like Vaporeon can do.

Tangela and Tangrowth- Make them a dark green with ivy leaves sticking out from the body. Or even into walking balls of holly.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
All I've been wanting since Gen 6 is some treatment for Dragonite. Let's hope this time round, since it'd be perfect too with the Sword/Shield theme.

I agree! I want something more elegant. Something that resembles an actual
evoloution of Dragonair. I think dragon/water would be a cool typing for it personally. Or maybe even dragon/fairy.

Sabre_King

I’m honestly happy that Galarian forms are happening. Honestly can’t even imagine the possibility of speculating of what Pokémon would get them. Galarian Weezing just looks awesome can’t wait to add that to a team because poison/fairy just makes it interesting type; the Galarian Zigzagoon line just became added to my first play though and the fact that the Galarian forms could potential lead to new evolutions just makes it even better. It’s an amazing concept and explains why certain Pokémon never evolved further then they did in the past. The only two Pokémon who I hope gets a similar treatment as the Zigzagoon line is Farfecth’d and Dunsparce; becoming grass/flying and dragon/fairy respectively with an evolution added

There was one leak/rumor saying Mightyena would evolve and in the process stand up, I kinda wonder if that person had seen Obstagoone and mistook it for that.

Sadness for me though, cause as much as I like this new take on the line. It just means my one raccoon Pokemon has now gotten even less raccoon as it evolves.

At least now it has the same color as a raccoon. It's black and white instead of brown and white.

Luthor

There's the air purification and well I have this theory that it symbolizes the popularity of children's novels that deal with fairies that became popular during Victorian/Edwardian times (when the Industrial Revolution happened and got in full swing) it was during that time that the image of fairies as little people with flower dresses and insect wings that grant wishes was popularized.
So maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it's a reference?

That's possible, its a stretch but so was the air purification. The only fae creature or magical thing I could think of wearing a hat was a leprechaun and that didn't feel quite right. I hope its other ability or evolution method or something else sheds some light.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
At least now it has the same color as a raccoon. It's black and white instead of brown and white.

Same color isn't as important to me as it still being an actual raccoon.

That's like saying, hey listen we know you always wanted a dolphin Pokemon and then we gave you one and it evolves into a jet ski, but hey at least now that jet ski is the right color.

Red and Blue

I never gave a crap about Zigzagoon or it's evolution but now I love them. They are my favorite Galarian variants so far

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Hoping that Dragonite finally gets something. I think a Water/Dragon or Fairy/Dragon Galarian form would be awesome for it! Fairy/Dragon especially since we lost Mega Altaria from 7 > 8.

Other than that, I'm hoping we see some more non-gen 1 mons get Galarian Forms. I would love to see Duosion evolve into a Galarian Reuniclus that is Psychic/Poison type!

Galarian Yanma/Yanmega(or split-evolution) are ones I'd love to see. Especially with Galar being the UK and all, Yanma has got to be in there somewhere, and a Bug/Dragon type regional variant of it would be awesome.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Since Galarian forms are now on the table, here's a few I'd like to see (not really with the British theme in mind, just a few general ideas I had):

Ekans/Arbok become Poison/Psychic with a hypnosis theme
Venonat/Venomoth become Bug/Psychic
Ponyta becomes Fairy and Rapidash becomes Fairy/Flying
Noctowl becomes Psychic/Flying (Hoothoot's already been shown in its original form, but I don't think Noctowl has)
Ledian becomes Bug/Fighting and resembles a boxer
Sunkern and Sunflora become Grass/Fire, possibly with an extra evolution to make it actually viable (Grass/Fire + Drought + better stats could make it pretty useful).

shadowF

I still want my water type Arcanine! When I heard about it in Gen 7 I was so excited so hopefully we finally get it this generation. Or a grass type Arcanine would be cool too.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Someone suggested I post this here, so:

Someone on Reddit pointed out this logo on the Poké Jobs screen:

6wcaahh2a3f31.jpg

This logo also happens to be on the top left of the male Yell Grunt’s black shirt. But that aside, it looks like it could be a new Galar form for Klink.

Thoughts?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Since Galarian forms are now on the table, here's a few I'd like to see (not really with the British theme in mind, just a few general ideas I had):

Ekans/Arbok become Poison/Psychic with a hypnosis theme
Venonat/Venomoth become Bug/Psychic
Ponyta becomes Fairy and Rapidash becomes Fairy/Flying
Noctowl becomes Psychic/Flying (Hoothoot's already been shown in its original form, but I don't think Noctowl has)
Ledian becomes Bug/Fighting and resembles a boxer
Sunkern and Sunflora become Grass/Fire, possibly with an extra evolution to make it actually viable (Grass/Fire + Drought + better stats could make it pretty useful).

Hope I don't come off as harsh or anything.

But regional forms are not all about "fixing" a Pokemons type. Everyone of those is a "it shoulda been this" combo. Not saying they are impossible, but most regional forms aren't like that.

Someone suggested I post this here, so:

Someone on Reddit pointed out this logo on the Poké Jobs screen:

6wcaahh2a3f31.jpg

This logo also happens to be on the top left of the male Yell Grunt’s black shirt. But that aside, it looks like it could be a new Galar form for Klink.

Thoughts?

I like that and hope it's true. I've recently realized that I actually like the the first 2/3 of that lines design, just feel like the last stage dropped the ball. Be fun to see if they could improve it to the point that I like it. Also curious how they would change it's type combo.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Galar forms confirmed. It’s good to see some positive things coming in Sword/Shield. I don’t quite care for the Galar Weezing. But Galar Zigzagoon looks pretty awesome. It may be another earthy rodents turned into a dark/normal type (see Rattata) but I think this is a great improvement on that. I would actually use Obstagoon on an in game team play through (not deciding who to use until the entire Pokédex is out). I’m interested to see what egg moves Galar Zigzagoon will have—hoping it also gets Extreme Speed. It could work fairly well on Obstagoon.

Ekans/Arbok become Poison/Psychic with a hypnosis theme.

Oooh I’d love it if Ekans/Arbok had a Galarian form that was Poison/Psychic!

It would make sense for Arbok because it’s facial markings on its body could have psychic/hypnotic powers while also being a sign of venomous warning.

Leosnake

Hello I am sorry if I missed or forgot. But now the new Galarian forms are confirmed to be a thing I have to ask.
Does anyone else think that the new "Chipmunk" (it has a squirrel tail) pokemon on the kid's shirt might actually be a Galarian Pachirisu? I just checked it isn't on the dex list yet.

Also since a certain leak has been 90% confirmed do you think that if proven real that Farfetch'd will also have a Galarian form thus explaining why it can not evolve else where?

Also I am loving the new Zigzagoon, one of my hopes is that it would be in the dex but now it has a new form and evolution.

I hope keeping with Gen 3 and Blighty that the Poochyena line or at least Mightyena gets a new form, maybe part Ghost. I know they are not supposed to be canines but appearance wise they would make good in game grim equivalents. Well either that or Houndour making it another dark/ghost maybe?

I think a fair number of them will have either steel fairy type added due to both the industrial revolution but also mythology here. Along with maybe anew dragon typing or two.