• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

MalcolmBelmontS

My predictions regarding Galar Forms based on speculation by the Image Leaks.

Gen 1:

Galaran Weezing: Poison/Fairy
Galaran Ponyta: Fire/Fairy
Galaran Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (Gets an Evoultion)
Galaran Rapidash: Fire/Fairy (Based on the Scotland's main animal symbol - the Unicorn)
Galaran Venonaut/Venomoth: Bug/Fairy (Based on Mothra)

Gen 2:
Galaran Spinarak: Ghost/Big
Galaran Aridos: Ghost/Bug (Based on Halloween Bugs)
Galaran Snubull: Fairy/Steel (Based on Winston Churchill and WW1/2 Soliders)
Galaran Granbull: Fairy/Steel
Galaran Crobat: Grass/Flying (Fruit Bat Variation of Crobat)

Gen 3:
Galaran Zigzagoone: Normal/Dark
Galaran Linoone: Normal/Dark

Gen 4: (leaning towards no Gen 4 forms because of potential Sinnoh Remakes)
??

Gen 5:
Galaran Kilink: Dark/Steel(Based on Steampunk Gears - used by Team Yell who are considered Punks)
Galaran Klang: Dark/Steel
Galaran Kilinklang: Dark/Steel

Pokemon Power

Gen 1:

Galaran Rapidash: Fire/Fairy (Based on the Scotland's main animal symbol - the Unicorn)

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

??

Gen 5:
Galaran Kilink: Dark/Steel(Based on Steampunk Gears - used by Team Yell who are considered Punks)
Galarian forms of the Klink evolutionary family could work, since there is a steampunk city in Galar.

MalcolmBelmontS

Galarian forms of the Klink evolutionary family could work, since there is a steampunk city in Galar.
Yeah and this image that was found makes me think Galar Form:

1565233159091.jpg

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I want the galar form of Klink very bad, but one thing working against it is that there were other pokemon stylized differently in the icons as well, such as Hoothoot (and we have seen normal hoothoot in the game).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

??

Gen 5:
Y not gen 6?

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Sorry if this sounds dumb but can someone please explain what that supposed picture of Klink is and where it's from?

sketchersmeargle

Sorry if this sounds dumb but can someone please explain what that supposed picture of Klink is and where it's from?

Its a company logo that was shown during the Poke-Jobs segment of the Japanese Trailer from Wednesday.

It could just be stylized, since there is another logo featuring Hoothoot with a book on its head replacing the clock inspired eyebrows, but normal Hoothoot has already been confirmed.

Therefore, some logos are indeed just stylized to have unique mascots like real life.

While I love the design.. the addition of Fairy type seems incredibly odd.
Are there any theories floating around that might justify this or?
I think it should've been Poison/Steel

ShadowForce720

How about a Galarian evolution line for the Poochyena line that is based off of Black Dog from British folklore or Hellhounds. So it could break down like this:

Galarian Poochyena(Dark/Fire)--->Galarian Mightyena(Dark/Fire)--->Hellyena(Dark/Fire)
or
Galarian Poochyena(Ghost/Fire)--->Galarian Mightyena(Ghost/Fire)--->Hellyena(Ghost/Fire)
or
Galarian Poochyena(Dark/Ghost)--->Galarian Mightyena(Dark/Ghost)--->Hellyena(Dark/Ghost)

Oh and I am having trouble thinking up of a good name for a potential evolution of a Galarian Mightyena if we do get one.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I think it should've been Poison/Steel

I think it's more so to represent the cleanness. Like I feel that Poison is an obvious destructive force to nature, and Fairies are often seen as protectors if nature. So in this instance Weezing is taking the toxic air and purifing it. It's kinda fun and clever. Honestly I like it more that Poison/Steel.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What about one of the previous horse Pokemon getting a ghost/water type Galarian form after the mythical Kelpie I believe it was called, a mythical water horse that carries people into the water and drowns them.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What about one of the previous horse Pokemon getting a ghost/water type Galarian form after the mythical Kelpie I believe it was called, a mythical water horse that carries people into the water and drowns them.

That be fun.... The question is though .. Ponyta line, Blitzle line, or Mudbray line.....hmmm....

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
They had two (though only in appearance AFAIK) different versions of the Shellos line either side of Mt. Coronet to be an analogue of a Allopatric speciation, with regional variants in Galar could they not again utilise the idea of geographical isolation causing a species to diverge into two separate groups?

If so would it then be possible for a pokemon to be in the dex both in it's previously encountered form but also a new Galarian form? Or for an even wilder idea could they not then give one Pokemon multiple 'Galarian' forms?

Now I do think this is not at all likely and I am by no means expecting such a development.

However if I were to speculate about such a concept I would first have a look at the map of Galar that has been revealed.
424px-Galar_artwork.png
I would then list any geographical features present on the map that could isolate two groups of a species from one another. Some of the features on the map that I might highlight would be the mountain range at the bottom of the map that separates the starting area(?) from the wild area, the river that runs from the Bea/Allistar town to the red brick city, the icy mountain range that separates 'London' from the rest of Galar, the rock-face that separates the castle city from the mushroom town or even the man-made wall that separates the upper and lower halves of the wild area. I might even go so far as to suggest an example of a grey South Galarian Dark/Electric Pachirisu and a red North Galarian Fire/Electric Pachirisu.

Why if I think this idea is unlikely would I then expand upon it? Well I studied biology in college and I always found speciation and evoultion interesting, that and I'm also I fan of regional forms in pokemon, and I think that (with one exception) regional forms have so far always been an improvement on the original.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I think it be fun if we got a regional variant in the same region as a normal variant, and the reason for that regional variant is the normal variant.

Like I had an idea back in gen7 pre-release for a Fighting/Ground variant of Mankey line, that appeared because the population of normal Mankey was so high there wasn't enough tree tops for all of them to live in. So some groups adapted to living on the ground.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I think it be fun if we got a regional variant in the same region as a normal variant, and the reason for that regional variant is the normal variant.

Like I had an idea back in gen7 pre-release for a Fighting/Ground variant of Mankey line, that appeared because the population of normal Mankey was so high there wasn't enough tree tops for all of them to live in. So some groups adapted to living on the ground.

That's a good idea and I like it. Whilst we got the Shellos line for allopatric speciation have we even gotten any pokemon based off of sympatric speciation (The real world equivalent of what @paipr_christian is suggesting)? cause I can't think of any.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I personally think Galarian Weezing will evolve from normal Koffing, as I think they would have shown it off like they did with the Zigzagoon family.