• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

ShadowForce720

I personally think Galarian Weezing will evolve from normal Koffing, as I think they would have shown it off like they did with the Zigzagoon family.

To be fair back when they were revealing the Alolan forms for Pokemon Sun and Moon there was a case where we saw Alolan Muk and Alolan Dugtrio before we found out about there being a Alolan Grimer and Alolan Diglett, so while it is possible that it could be a situation where a Normal Koffing evolves into Galarian Weezing, it also possible that there could be a Galarian Koffing sense we haven't seen a Koffing yet and they could just for whatever reason have chosen to reveal it at a later date or just to keep it hidden.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
To be fair back when they were revealing the Alolan forms for Pokemon Sun and Moon there was a case where we saw Alolan Muk and Alolan Dugtrio before we found out about there being a Alolan Grimer and Alolan Diglett, so while it is possible that it could be a situation where a Normal Koffing evolves into Galarian Weezing, it also possible that there could be a Galarian Koffing sense we haven't seen a Koffing yet and they could just for whatever reason have chosen to reveal it at a later date or just to keep it hidden.
Fair enough point.

Akashin

When did we see Alolan Muk? I know Alolan Grimer was revealed alone in CoroCoro, but it was followed closely by an official reveal for both. And Dugtrio was in the demo if I recall, and not an official reveal.

I'm not saying it's impossible for there being a Galarian Koffing, but unless I'm forgetting details, I don't think either of those situations are comparable with them giving us an official reveal for Galarian Weezing and making no mention of Koffing.

flygon1509

When did we see Alolan Muk? I know Alolan Grimer was revealed alone in CoroCoro, but it was followed closely by an official reveal for both. And Dugtrio was in the demo if I recall, and not an official reveal.

I'm not saying it's impossible for there being a Galarian Koffing, but unless I'm forgetting details, I don't think either of those situations are comparable with them giving us an official reveal for Galarian Weezing and making no mention of Koffing.

Yes, while Galarian Zigzagoon was revealed along with Linoone. Also, I imagine a single Koffing with a tall hat would look ridiculous an unbalanced, while a pair of conjoined Koffing twins wearing tall hats help with the proportion of the design.

ShadowForce720

In regards to speculation on pokemon that could have evolutions that have Galarian forms, here is a list of pokemon that we haven't seen their final's evolutions in the games yet but have seen the basic or middle stages of the lines(let me know if I miss one or get one incorrect, and if it is incorrect tell me where you saw the final evolution in the game(trailer, screenshot, etc.) so I can look it up):

Gen 1: Machoke, Rhydon, Goldeen

Gen 2: Hoothoot

Gen 3: Wingull, Electrike, Ralts, Duskull, Wailmer

Gen 4: Hippopotas, Croagunk, Budew, Bronzor

Gen 5: Minccino, Frillish, Duosion, Axew

Gen 6: Bunnelby, Inkay, Goomy, Swirlix, Pumpkaboo, Noibat

Gen 7:Grubbin, Steenee, Hakamo-o

also I don't think we have seen Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Froslass yet even though we've seen Hitmontop and Glalie. Oh and in regards to Eevee was it have we seen Eevee and all of it's current evolutions in Sword & Shield yet or was it just one of them and we haven't seen the others yet.

On the Alolan Muk situation never mind I got mixed up, Alolan Grimer was revealed before Alolan Muk, I guess because they came the same month as each other I got Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk's reveal order mixed up.

Dragon Pulse

Gen 1: Machoke, Rhydon, Goldeen

Gen 2: Hoothoot

Gen 3: Wingull, Electrike, Ralts, Duskull, Wailmer

Gen 4: Hippopotas, Croagunk, Budew, Bronzor

Gen 5: Minccino, Frillish, Duosion, Axew

Gen 6: Bunnelby, Inkay, Goomy, Swirlix, Pumpkaboo, Noibat

Gen 7:Grubbin, Steenee, Hakamo-o

also I don't think we have seen Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Froslass yet even though we've seen Hitmontop and Glalie. Oh and in regards to Eevee was it have we seen Eevee and all of it's current evolutions in Sword & Shield yet or was it just one of them and we haven't seen the others yet.

We've literally seen the final evolutions of all of them, except for only Electrike (Manectric).

Have we seen pelipper yet or just wingull? Could the new seagull Pokemon be a galarian pelipper or galarian pelipper evolution?
Didn't a leak say that the new seagulls pokemon was called Seagulp. They may be wrong on name but it seems they're right in design. What if this "Seagulp" is actually a Galarian Pelliper or Evolution of said Pelliper?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Didn't a leak say that the new seagulls pokemon was called Seagulp. They may be wrong on name but it seems they're right in design. What if this "Seagulp" is actually a Galarian Pelliper or Evolution of said Pelliper?
That was proven false but the Affleck thing mentioned a seagull in it I think.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think a Galar form for Roselia and Roserade that resemble English roses and are part Fairy instead of Poison would be nice to see but how can you change their looks and flowers to be different? The hand roses are the biggest issue with why I don’t see it happening.

Frostfall

Was hoping for a Galar variant on a hydreigon but we've already seen the usual variant on those. I wonder if they will ever do variants on the starters. I doubt it, but you never know.
As for the current variants they've shown, I'm having that zigzagoon evolution line on my team for a while at least. Whether or not it stays depends on its stat spread as in game I enjoy speedy critters that hit hard to help with the time of wading through encounters. I just hope the poor thing doesn't bite its tongue as it runs around and fights. It's taking a risk having it always hanging out :p

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Galarian Whismur, Loudred, Exploud.
Rock-->Rock/Poison
Stench
HA:Soundproof

G.Whismur
It's believed that some mineral in the rocks found in the caves of Galar caused Whismur to crave them as a snack. This same mineral also resulted in a curious mutation causing their skin to harden.

G Loudred.
Upon evolving their desire to consume the minerals in the rocks of Galarian caves has increased. There body has developed a unique acid to break down these rocks a rapid rate, unfortunately this also gives them terrible toxic breath and burps. Their body has also become like steel to hold this potent toxin in.

G.Exploud.
Their belches are true double edged sword in Galar. The sounds they make brought on a new style of music, as well as the fad of wearing gas masks wherever they perform. The popular heavymetal band 'The Exploud Belches' is known across the world for what most credits have called, "the most rightously toxic melodies the world has ever heard or smelled".

Last edited:

Orphalesion

I think a Galar form for Roselia and Roserade that resemble English roses and are part Fairy instead of Poison would be nice to see but how can you change their looks and flowers to be different? The hand roses are the biggest issue with why I don’t see it happening.

It could be done. Just make the hand-roses more draping and "romantic" (I'm talking like 70s shoujo roses here) make them red with the tips of the petals fading into gold (or maybe glittering dew dripping from the petals). Make the leave "cloaks" Roselia and Roserade have resemble royal ball gowns and Roserade's "hair" longer and more princess-like.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What about a Galarian Klink line that's Grass/Electric. Like before their bodies became metal they were made of wood, and absorbed solar energy to power themselves (photosynthesis plus, hence the /Electric typing). Then when the eventually went to other regions they became Steel type and more durable, but at the cost of loading their ability to absorb solar energy but some of that old biology is still there which is why normal Klink line can use electric attacks.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
This concept was really underutilised in Gen 7, so I really hope they introduce new ones in Gen 8. Majority of them should be from other gens than the first one (Gens 2-5 especially). Some (mostly random) ideas:

Gen 2: Noctowl (Psychic/Flying), Ariados (Bug/Ghost), Granbull (Fighting), Ursaring (Fire)
Gen 3: Breloom (Poison/Fighting), Zangoose (Ice), Seviper (Psychic), Torkoal (Fire/Water)
Gen 4: Luxray (Dark/Electric), Roserade (Grass/Ghost) Drifblim (Ghost/Fire), Gliscor (Steel/Poison)
Gen 5: Swoobat (Rock/Flying), Krookodile (Water/Dark), Darmanitan (Ice), Lilligant (Grass/Fire)

I wouldn't mind if there were a couple of forms for Gen 1 Pokemon as well (I'd personally like to see Ekans (Water/Poison) and Ponyta (Fairy/Flying) lines as well as Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), as long as other generations get more.
Ponytail being Fire/Fairy would make way more sense.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
I'm so relieved it's beyond Gen 1 'Mons and glad it's likely a mainstay for generations to come

And of all Pokemon, Zigzagoon! They were always my favorite Rattata-esque 'mon because of HM utility and Pickup (which was broken in the old Ruby/Sapphire). And yes, Linoone could hold their own vs. the right opponents too.
But since HMs are gone, it lost its main purpose. So this redesign and evolution is exactly what it needed.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ponytail being Fire/Fairy would make way more sense.

I say this again, generally speaking.

Regional forms tend to not be about what's the most logical, or what "makes sense". They aren't about fixing lines that people think shoulda had a certain type combo.

What about Raichu said, it really should've been/Psychic, or Exeggutor that said, oh yeah it's supposed to be /Dragon.

Nothing about Ninetails or Sandshrew screened they really should've been /Ice.

Regional variants tend to be about taking old Pokemon in crazy new ways. If you don't believe me ask Dapper Weezing.