• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

DSDark

Breeder
.... I absolutely love this idea. And it be a great "excuse" to give us a new Electric/Ghost type.

I imagine the lore being something like, In times passed most people of the Galar region used candles as well as Litwick for light. As the world began to become more industrialized and electricity and light bulbs became more common place, many homes no longer needed help from Litwick. It's believed that a deep desire to continue to be of use cause a change in Litwick resulting in it becoming part Electric type. Not only are they a source of light, but they also provide small amounts of electricity to homes.

I like the idea of a Electric/Ghost Chandalure. But also, what if we got one that was Ghost/Ice and it's flame was blue, and instead of heat it gave off cold. So travelers in a snow storm would see the light and try to reach it feeling colder the whole way, which makes them want to get to it all the more, not knowing it is the source of the cold.....

I love litwik and these are great

ShadowForce720

Since we haven't seen Ekans, and Arbok in Sword and Shield yet how about a Galarian Ekans and Galarian Arbok that are based off of the Grass Snake, they could even have 3rd evolution which could break down like this:

Galarian Ekans(Grass/Water)--->Galarian Arbok(Grass/Water)--->new evolution for Arbok(Grass/Water)

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I love the idea of a Galarian Ekans line! Especially if it were to be grass and water, one of my favorite duel typings. It would also be cool to see Jessie and James own them in the Galar region, and somehow link them as distant cousins/relatives to their original team.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
In regards to speculation on pokemon that could have evolutions that have Galarian forms, here is a list of pokemon that we haven't seen their final's evolutions in the games yet but have seen the basic or middle stages of the lines(let me know if I miss one or get one incorrect, and if it is incorrect tell me where you saw the final evolution in the game(trailer, screenshot, etc.) so I can look it up):

Gen 1: Machoke, Rhydon, Goldeen

Gen 2: Hoothoot

Gen 3: Wingull, Electrike, Ralts, Duskull, Wailmer

Gen 4: Hippopotas, Croagunk, Budew, Bronzor

Gen 5: Minccino, Frillish, Duosion, Axew

Gen 6: Bunnelby, Inkay, Goomy, Swirlix, Pumpkaboo, Noibat

Gen 7:Grubbin, Steenee, Hakamo-o

also I don't think we have seen Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Froslass yet even though we've seen Hitmontop and Glalie. Oh and in regards to Eevee was it have we seen Eevee and all of it's current evolutions in Sword & Shield yet or was it just one of them and we haven't seen the others yet.

Has any members of the Remoraid line appeared in any of trailers yet?

ShadowForce720

So...Water/Steel Remoraid/Octillery that use the beta designs?

Possibly, although considering Mantyke is in the game and considering it's evolution method requires it to level up while having a Remoraid in the party, would they go out of their way to modify it so that Mantyke could also evolve into Mantine by leveling up while having a Galarian Remoraid in your party or would they just go the route of having a normal Remoraid evolve into a Galarian Octillery?

Oh and an interesting thing to note is in the June 5 direct during the scene where it showed a Wynaut playing hopscotch there is a building that is looks like a fire station near the pokemon center and on that building there is a logo that has a Octillery on it although I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a Galarian Octillery or if it's just supposed to be a Octillery just dressed up in clothes.

KKS-Lapras

That's a cool idea. An industrial take on the Chandelure line but what if the final form of Chandelure ends up being a tall lamp-post with an electrifying mustache as opposed to an chandelier.

I picture either that, a tall lamp type thing, or elegant chandelier with pearls and crystals, like from a royal palace.

Not all ghosts have to be scary. Kind of like a Hogwarts ghost, it could be more of a helpful ghost.

I like the idea of a Electric/Ghost Chandalure. But also, what if we got one that was Ghost/Ice and it's flame was blue, and instead of heat it gave off cold. So travelers in a snow storm would see the light and try to reach it feeling colder the whole way, which makes them want to get to it all the more, not knowing it is the source of the cold.....

This is interesting, and very creepy.

Last edited:

MewsTruck

Just seen the riddle pic posted somewhere and seen the very 1st thing reminding me of a dragon evolution evee... considering galar so far I can now imagine that, but I never thought there would be a dragon and a steep type eevee. It is yet to be confirmed but still last things I would imagine them to do.

I would like a ground or rock type, or a normal evolution. Either way I think eevee evolution is I'm already assuming is coming

I happened to have made a list of Pokemon I would like to see have a Galarian Forme. If you think any typing should be changed, any "backstory", or just one of the regional evolutions name and/or type, please tell me. Some of this I am guessing about Galar. I also believe that parts of the Galarian Skunky/Skuntank backstory may be false (Edit: I found out a Skunky/Skuntank's smell really is considered a contaminent).

Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Flying: Land became too crowded so Ponyta/Rapidash grew wings to use the sky for travel

Koffing: Poison/Fairy: Same as Weezing

Ekans/Arbok: Posion/Water: Land became too crowded so Ekans/Arbok decided to live in water and changed after awhile

Snubbull/Granbull: Dark/Steel: When Galar was at war with Kalos, they gave Snubbull/Granbull gear to help with the war and then adopted with the gear

Ampharos: Electric/Dragon: Ampharos were used for lighthouses, guarding treasure, and protect their kingdom from dragons

Dunsparce: Ground: Too many preditors so they used the ground as a hiding spot

Seviper: Poison/Dark: Galar has too many Zangoose so Seviper became more aggressive

Poochyena/Mightyena: Dark/Fire: Territorial differences made Poochyena/Mightyena change

Pelliper: Ice/Flying: Cold climates in the north made Pelliper have to adopt to it

Carvanha/Sharpedo: Dark/Ground: With Ekans and Arbok taking their territory, they had no other choice but to live on land

Milotic: Ice/Dragon: The water of the north is so chilly, Milotic had to adopt to the cold conditions

Bagon/Shelgon: Dragon/Steel: With larger cliffs in Galar, Bagon had to adopt to them by making its head pure steel

Bidoof/Bibarel: Water/Fighting: Start to live in water more often and wood becomes harder to cut

Skunky/Skuntank: Poison/Fire: Since Weezing's been purifying the air, Stunky/Stuntank countered that by making poisonous fumes

Klink/Klang/Klinklang: Steel/Dark: Because of all the steampunk cities, Klink/Klang/Klinklang love to live there and has adopted to it

Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure: Ghost/Electric: Since no one uses candles in Galar, Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure has little to no souls to burn so they transformed into light bulbs so they can burn souls again

Galarian Evolutions:

Galarian Dunsparce: Grousparce: Ground/Bug

Galarian Pelliper: Isicalp: Ice/Flying

Galarian Shelgon: Either into a normal Salamence or into Glidantuous: Dragon/Steel with Levitate

Galarian Bibarel: Bibafang: Water/Fighting

Last edited:
I know you seem to want this because Mega Ampharos won't be in the game, but giving it a regional variant with the same typing as its Mega Evolution isn't really different and/or creative.
Ya, I kinda just want my Electric/Dragon Ampharos back

JW1004

I would love them to keep adding evolutions and other things to these regional variants

Smoochum/Jynx/Evolution - Ice/Steel - male version
Based on vikings, more physical movepool including ice punch, ice hammer etc.

Glameow/Purugly - Fairy Type
Based on the chershire cat from Alice in Wonderland

Pancham (fighting) - new evolution - Fighting/Fairy
Would have Play Rough and a newly introduced Fairy Type punch. Design of the evolution would be based on a plush animal, still a panda but where Pangoro gives a more menacing look, this one is friendly and fights to protect it's friends and family.

Orphalesion

I was thinking about a Caecelian (https://warriorsofmyth.fandom.com/wiki/Cecaelia)/Sea Witch Ursula inspired regional variant of Jynx.

Basically make her skin pale blue, the lip[s dark blue, her hair like stylized water (or seaweed), the eyes catlike, and her lower half ends in dark blue octopus tentacles.

Could either be water/psychic, a special-oriented water/dark type or even a water/fairy type. It would be a darker fairy type, but I guess a sea witch could still be considered in-tune with the natural sea magic, and they could make her a benevolent sea sorceress as well, or a mischievous trickster who plays pranks on the follies of mankind.
If people want a "British" justification for such a form, then I can tell you that the Sea Mother was/is a prominent figure in some variations of Celtic mythology in the British Island. She's a benevolent goddess (later fairy) who bestows the blessings of the sea on people. If they mix in a bit of Mermaid folklore they could also give it a harp.

Edit: Eh, I guess fairy is too similar to Primarina. So how about Water/Dark?

It is said in ages past the Jynx of Galar had a glittering realm in the glaciers that covered the land. As the climate warmed and the glaciers melted, the Jynx followed them into the sea, where they now dwell in the deepest of sea trenches, mourning their beautiful, lost home.

JLK2707

I would love them to keep adding evolutions and other things to these regional variants

Would have Play Rough and a newly introduced Fairy Type punch. Design of the evolution would be based on a plush animal, still a panda but where Pangoro gives a more menacing look, this one is friendly and fights to protect it's friends and family.
Good ideas!:)

Hanto

Water Addiction

We already have plush bears as Bewear and Stufful