• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Since the G-ponyta line is a Unicorn maybe we could see a Galarian form line for each of the heraldic animals of the 3 countries of the island of great Britain. How about a Red Fire/Dragon Dragonite for the Welsh Dragon, a Fighting/Fairy Pyroar line for the Lion of England. If they wanted them to be more similar they they could give Rapidash and Pyroar new evolutions with the same BST as Dragonite.

What?! That’s so disrespectful. Wtf.

Yeah people in the past were incredibly disrespectful with such things (some people are in the present too ), and that's just the tip of the iceberg, for example it was believed that rubbing powdered mummy on ones body would protect you from diseases.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Since the G-ponyta line is a Unicorn maybe we could see a Galarian form line for each of the heraldic animals of the 3 countries of the island of great Britain. How about a Red Fire/Dragon Dragonite for the Welsh Dragon, a Fighting/Fairy Pyroar line for the Lion of England. If they wanted them to be more similar they they could give Rapidash and Pyroar new evolutions with the same BST as Dragonite.
I actually think Druddigon should get a Galarian variant just so we don’t have to look at its horrible coloration that its own Shiny makes even worse.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I’d take Druddigon any day over anything relating to Dragonite; the latter is genuinely one of the only dragons I dislike. A Fire/Dragon Druddigon could look very cool, maybe sleeker and more streamlined than the normal Druddigon. We’ve only had three Dragon/Fire types; one being a Legendary and one being a Mega, so it’d be nice to see another.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I like this idea, but I'm not sure about a variant for Pyroar, as I think regular Pyroar would fit just fine as representing the Lion of England. I agree with mysticalglacia and Captain Jigglypuff that Druddigon would benefit from a new design and typing.

Nodame

Misty <3
I really want a cute Galarian Spritzee. Maybe a water or a dark type would be nice. I feel it is a very underrated Pokemon, which is sad. It's one of me faves and definitely deserves a treatment.

Luthor

I really want a cute Galarian Spritzee. Maybe a water or a dark type would be nice. I feel it is a very underrated Pokemon, which is sad. It's one of me faves and definitely deserves a treatment.

The one thing I'd definitely want with anything connected to spritzee is for its evolution to not be a trade with item. If it got a regional variant and it had another evolution method that is simpler, already would be great anything else would be a bonus. There's a lot of cool ideas with the Spritzee line in general. Personally I like the poision type to go with the who plague doctor thing or perhaps focus on its bird like features and make it a flying type. But water or dark would be cool too.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There goes any chances of a Galarian Butterfree. That Butterfree from the gigantimax trailer looks like Mothra + Fairy-typing put together. Would've been great as a galarian form.

ShadowForce720

There goes any chances of a Galarian Butterfree. That Butterfree from the gigantimax trailer looks like Mothra + Fairy-typing put together. Would've been great as a galarian form.

Um the chances of a Galarian Butterfree were already dead because we saw Butterfree in a earlier trailer and it wasn't a Galarian form.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I’d take Druddigon any day over anything relating to Dragonite; the latter is genuinely one of the only dragons I dislike. A Fire/Dragon Druddigon could look very cool, maybe sleeker and more streamlined than the normal Druddigon. We’ve only had three Dragon/Fire types; one being a Legendary and one being a Mega, so it’d be nice to see another.

Turtonator is Fire/Dragon.

Creyk

I'm pretty sure Spritzee is not included since Alcremie is very similiar to the gen 6 fairies so it replaces those 2.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It doesn't matter. Slurpuff is already confirmed.
Version exclusive counterparts aren’t always in the games together. The Stunky line was in the Kalos Dex in both games and yet Glameow’s line was absent. Pinsir was in RSE with Heracross before they were considered to be counterparts but Scyther wasn’t.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Version exclusive counterparts aren’t always in the games together. The Stunky line was in the Kalos Dex in both games and yet Glameow’s line was absent. Pinsir was in RSE with Heracross before they were considered to be counterparts but Scyther wasn’t.
I was replying to the comment that said that Slurpuff and Aromatisse aren't in the game because Alcreamie "replaced" them.

keithpetrosky

Why did they make Gigantamax pikachu chubby? I get the nostalgia of it looking like the 90’s anime pikachu, but it deserved to be a regional variant if that’s the case; not Gigantamax form. The story could of been pikachu are so highly regarded and possibly electricity runs through the land so pikachu thrive here thus affecting their body shape.
Why would pikachu get chubby to be stronger???

As for my other galarian idea, I would like see Galarian magikarp and gyarados. How about a more elegant or tougher magikarp with larger fins that it can glide with as it leaps out of water, and these all learn a new physical attack. When they evolve Gyarados will be more streamline and smaller with actual fin/sail like wings so it can truly look flying and learn moves like wing attack and it uses air currents to glide over the ocean.

sketchersmeargle

Why did they make Gigantamax pikachu chubby? I get the nostalgia of it looking like the 90’s anime pikachu, but it deserved to be a regional variant if that’s the case; not Gigantamax form. The story could of been pikachu are so highly regarded and possibly electricity runs through the land so pikachu thrive here thus affecting their body shape.
Why would pikachu get chubby to be stronger???

As for my other galarian idea, I would like see Galarian magikarp and gyarados. How about a more elegant or tougher magikarp with larger fins that it can glide with as it leaps out of water, and these all learn a new physical attack. When they evolve Gyarados will be more streamline and smaller with actual fin/sail like wings so it can truly look flying and learn moves like wing attack and it uses air currents to glide over the ocean.

Regular Gyarados line has already been shown to be in the games.

As for Pikachu, what type would it gain for just increasing its weight? It would also need more of a design rework just like Alolan Raichu. With Gigantamax, it allows simple changes and no type reworks needed.