• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I still want Weepinbell to get a split evolution, so a regional split-evolution would be cool, or a g-Bellsprout evolving into g-Weepinbell and then into a new Pokémon
I sort of want to see a Weepinbell that spits out fire like a cannon.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I sort of want to see a Weepinbell that spits out fire like a cannon.
It amazes me that we haven't had a Fire/Grass Pokemon yet. The Bellsprout line as cannons would be a perfect repurposing :)

Also, I saw one other person mention it but calling it now: Galarian Slowbro (and possibly Slowking) will be Psychic/Poison. We've gotten brief partial drawings. as noted by Poketuber Hoopsandhiphop, and we're able to see that the yellow portions of Slowpoke have turned purple and there doesn't seem to be a Shellder involved. My theory is that the seeds made the portions Shellder would usually chomp down on either toxic or extremely bitter.

Last edited:

NeedsAName

New Galar Pokémon I’m hoping for are Glameow/Purugly based on Manx cats and rely on rolling attacks and using their bodies for battling, Misdreavus and Mismagius becoming a dark leaf green and part Fairy to become Banshees with a new Ability where all Sound based attacks inflict damage, and a Drudgion that is more uniformly colored and larger to look more like a medieval dragon.

I still want Weepinbell to get a split evolution, so a regional split-evolution would be cool, or a g-Bellsprout evolving into g-Weepinbell and then into a new Pokémon

Those are all amazing and could really help some old Pokemon. I'm imagining Normal/Rock for Glameow/Purugly, Mismagius (not Misdreavus) being Ghost/Fairy or Ghost/Psychic, Druddigon gaining either a Dark or Fire typing (I would prefer Fire but be okay with Dark), and Weepinbell being Grass/Electric with its evolution being called Bellectric.

Luthor

I'm personally hoping that they continue to give Meowth a new variant in each region, or maybe multiple if we get a new one each expansion pack as well. So far, Meowth has the most variants:
  1. Kanto: Normal, pretty basic cat
  2. Alola: Dark, more fatter and selfish
  3. Galar: Steel, hardier and more aggressive
Also, Galarian Meowth showed off how some Galar forms have split evolutions (like Yamask), while Alolan Meowth just showed off early in Alola how Alolan forms work and how they look different. My ideas for future forms:
  • Isle of Armor: Fire, a docile melty-ish Meowth that lives near geysers, which evolves into a tanky Fire-type Persian variant
  • Crown Tundra: Psychic, a highly intelligent Meowth with a pearl on its head instead of that coin.
  • Sinnoh (remakes): Ghost, Meowth has a wisp of smoke stemming from its head and walks on all fours, with Persian's variant is very creepy. It's attack and special attack are both good, and it learns a wide variety of moves
  • Unova (remakes): Fairy, Meowth has adapted to be much nicer due to pampering and overfeeding. It has a pink coloration and a visible tuft of hair. Also, it gets some OP hidden ability
  • Kalos (remakes): Fighting, this Meowth variant is visibly bulkier and its evolution has great stats in everything but HP and Speed. Kalosian Persian gets a Mega Evolution which goes somewhat upright and has big boxing glove hands
  • Johto (given LGP/E we might actually get Johto remakes) (day): Rock, has adapted to traveling through caves and over mountains, lot of stamina (Has that ability), but it is diurnal and only comes out during the daytime
  • Johto (remakes) (night): Ice, has adapted to cooler mountainous environments and caves, very speedy and acts as a special tank, this Meowth variant is nocturnal however and only comes out during the nighttime

I always wanted one Pokemon to get multiple variants. I though it would be Rattatta as rats are common in a lot of places but Meowth was a good choice for this too as cats are also very variable. I'd be ok with this.

NeedsAName

I really hope we get a lot of Galarian forms in each expansion pack, as we only have 14 so far (Meowth, Slowpoke, Ponyta/Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Weezing, Corsola, Mr. Mime, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Yamask, and Stunfisk). Some of my ideas (a lot are version exclusive counterparts):

• Galarian Psyduck and Golduck: Fire/Psychic, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. Psyduck and Golduck have adapted to life around warm geysers, and have trained their psychic powers. Same stat distribution as their kantonian forms.
  • Galarian Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon: Bug (Trapinch) then Bug/Dragon, exclusive to the Isle of Armor in Pokemon Sword. Due to the rougher, less sandy environment, they have become much more scaly and hardier, getting the ability Rough Skin. Galarian Flygon's stats are much less balanced and instead are focused on Attack, Defense, and HP.
  • Galarian Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite: Dragon/Fairy, exclusive to the Isle of Armor in Pokemon Shield. Due to the pleasant air and sea, they are much nicer and have developed magical powers. Galarian Dragonite's stats have been changed to give it a very high special attack, special defense, and speed.
  • Galarian Simisage: Grass/Fairy, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have become much sweeter and smarter to eating special flowers. It has very high HP and speed compared to its normal form, but low attack and special attack.
  • Galarian Simisear: Fire/Steel, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have toughened their skin by swimming through metal-rich lava. It has very high defense and special defense compared to its normal form, but low attack and special attack.
  • Galarian Simipour: Water/Fighting, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have trained their arms a lot by swinging through trees and now are very strong. It has very high attack and special attack compared to its normal form, but low HP and speed.
  • Galarian Eelektrik and Eelektross: Ice/Ground, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword. When the cave they resided in collapsed and became exposed to the cold, they had to quickly adapt. Thus, they began burrowing into the cool ground to gain energy. Their stats are changed to make them speedy offensive 'mons with good attack and special attack.
  • Galarian Duosion and Reuniclus: Ghost/Poison, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Shield. Duosion and Reuniclus have adapted to the toxification of their environment by becoming much more hostile and sinister. They love pulling pranks and draining people's energy. They have a noticeable stat change turning Reuniclus into a tanky but slow physical attacker.
  • Galarian Anorith and Armaldo: Water/Bug, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword. Due to the cool sea environment, they have thrived in Galar but gone extinct in other regions. Galarian Armaldo's stats are the same as its normal form.
  • Galarian Lileep and Cradily: Water/Grass, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Shield. Due to the cool sea environment, they have thrived in Galar but gone extinct in other regions. Galarian Cradily's stats are the same as its normal form.
  • Galarian Elekid, Electabuzz, and Electivire: Fire (Elekid) then Fire/Fighting, exclusive to the Crown Tundra and more common in Pokemon Sword. Due to crowding by geysers for warmth, they have gained the Fire-typing and become tougher. They train all day by punching boulders and often brawl with the Magmortar line. It's stats are the same.
  • Galarian Magby, Magmar, and Magmortar: Electric (Magby) then Electric/Fighting, exclusive to the Crown Tundra and more common in Pokemon Shield. Due to crowding around generators and other power sources for warmth, they have gained the Electric-typing and become tougher. They train all day by punching boulders and often brawl with the Electivire line. It's stats are the same.

Last edited:

Kingudora

My favourite
I really hope we get a lot of Galarian forms in each expansion pack, as we only have 14 so far (Meowth, Slowpoke, Ponyta/Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Weezing, Corsola, Mr. Mime, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Yamask, and Stunfisk). Some of my ideas (a lot are version exclusive counterparts):

• Galarian Psyduck and Golduck: Fire/Psychic, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. Psyduck and Golduck have adapted to life around warm geysers, and have trained their psychic powers. Same stat distribution as their kantonian forms.
  • Galarian Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon: Bug (Trapinch) then Bug/Dragon, exclusive to the Isle of Armor in Pokemon Sword. Due to the rougher, less sandy environment, they have become much more scaly and hardier, getting the ability Rough Skin. Galarian Flygon's stats are much less balanced and instead are focused on Attack, Defense, and HP.
  • Galarian Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite: Dragon/Fairy, exclusive to the Isle of Armor in Pokemon Shield. Due to the pleasant air and sea, they are much nicer and have developed magical powers. Galarian Dragonite's stats have been changed to give it a very high special attack, special defense, and speed.
  • Galarian Simisage: Grass/Fairy, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have become much sweeter and smarter to eating special flowers. It has very high HP and speed compared to its normal form, but low attack and special attack.
  • Galarian Simisear: Fire/Steel, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have toughened their skin by swimming through metal-rich lava. It has very high defense and special defense compared to its normal form, but low defense and special defense.
  • Galarian Simipour: Water/Fighting, exclusive to the Isle of Armor. They have trained their arms a lot by swinging through trees and now are very strong. It has very high attack and special attack compared to its normal form, but low HP and speed.
  • Galarian Eelektrik and Eelektross: Ice/Ground, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword. When the cave they resided in collapsed and became exposed to the cold, they had to quickly adapt. Thus, they began burrowing into the cool ground to gain energy. Their stats are changed to make them speedy offensive 'mons with good attack and special attack.
  • Galarian Duosion and Reuniclus: Ghost/Poison, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Shield. Duosion and Reuniclus have adapted to the toxification of their environment by becoming much more hostile and sinister. They love pulling pranks and draining people's energy. They have a noticeable stat change turning Reuniclus into a tanky but slow physical attacker.
  • Galarian Anorith and Armaldo: Water/Bug, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword. Due to the cool sea environment, they have thrived in Galar but gone extinct in other regions. Galarian Armaldo's stats are the same as its normal form.
  • Galarian Lileep and Cradily: Water/Grass, exclusive to the Crown Tundra in Pokemon Shield. Due to the cool sea environment, they have thrived in Galar but gone extinct in other regions. Galarian Cradily's stats are the same as its normal form.
  • Galarian Elekid, Electabuzz, and Electivire: Fire (Elekid) then Fire/Fighting, exclusive to the Crown Tundra and more common in Pokemon Sword. Due to crowding by geysers for warmth, they have gained the Fire-typing and become tougher. They train all day by punching boulders and often brawl with the Magmortar line. It's stats are the same.
  • Galarian Magby, Magmar, and Magmortar: Electric (Magby) then Electric/Fighting, exclusive to the Crown Tundra and more common in Pokemon Shield. Due to crowding around generators and other power sources for warmth, they have gained the Electric-typing and become tougher. They train all day by punching boulders and often brawl with the Electivire line. It's stats are the same.
I like a bunch of these ideas, but I doubt we will see Galarian forms for pokémon that are already in the Galar dex (Flygon & Reuniclus) or pokémon that they already shown that their regular form will return in the expansion packs (Golduck & Elekid).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't know if it occurred to anyone but it just hit me that Galarian Slowpoke evolves into Galarian Slowbro in the Isle of Armor and Galarian Slowpoke evolves into Galarian Slowking in the Crown Tundra. I wonder if the locations themselves we'll hint what they may look like, Slowbro getting a more armored look and Slowking getting something revolving around his crown.

Kingudora

My favourite
I don't know if it occurred to anyone but it just hit me that Galarian Slowpoke evolves into Galarian Slowbro in the Isle of Armor and Galarian Slowpoke evolves into Galarian Slowking in the Crown Tundra. I wonder if the locations themselves we'll hint what they may look like, Slowbro getting a more armored look and Slowking getting something revolving around his crown.
From what we can see of Galarian Slowbro, it doesn't look particularly more armored than regular Slowbro. It actually looks less armored, since it doesn't have a Shellder helping to protect itself anymore.
galarian_slowbro.jpg

Galarian Slowking still has something on its head (likely not a Shellder), so it might still look somewhat like crown, like how the Shellder does on regular Slowking.
7d3b4ca466aa1947f80d672e0a7b88b4-1.png

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
From what we can see of Galarian Slowbro, it doesn't look particularly more armored than regular Slowbro. It actually looks less armored, since it doesn't have a Shellder helping to protect itself anymore.
galarian_slowbro.jpg

Galarian Slowking still has something on its head (likely not a Shellder), so it might still look somewhat like crown, like how the Shellder does on regular Slowking.

Those eyes definitely don't belong to Slowking, that's for sure--it's whatever its headgear is!

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
galarian_slowbro.jpg

I was so focused on theorizing about Galarian Slowbro (No Shellder, possibly Psychic/Poison) that I didn't really get a good look at Galarian Slowking. I could see a possible vampire motif with the cape? I thought I saw a popped collar too, but now it looks like the ethereal body of the thing surrounding Slowking's head.

All three members of the original line are Water/Psychic, so I'd be okay with Galarian Slowbro and Slowking sharing a type combination. As mentioned earlier, I think Slowbro might be Psychic/Poison (the first of its kind!) and that would work for Slowking as well. The one thing I don't necessarily want to see is Slowking as Psychic/Ghost; the 4x weakness to Dark has dissuaded me from using multiple legendaries and mythicals already.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That would be awesome. They can finally redeem that design.
I’ve always wanted to see Jynx look like a geisha with a hand fan that it can wave rapidly to create a snowstorm while looking elegant at the same time. I was thinking it sort has a kimono design similar to Froslass except it isn’t the entire body and moves along the ground whenever this version of Jynx walks.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The cry has always stayed the same for regional forms besides Slowpoke so I personally think it's a regional evolution since if you hear the cries of Obstagoon, Mr Rime, & Sirfetch'd (along with the other regional evolutions), their cries are just altered versions of their pre evolutions' fainting cries

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I know there definitely was one Galar form whose cry was different. It surprised me but the Chang was a bit subtle and easy to miss. I just can5 think which one it was. I’m thinking it was Darmanitan but not 10% certain.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I know there definitely was one Galar form whose cry was different. It surprised me but the Chang was a bit subtle and easy to miss. I just can5 think which one it was. I’m thinking it was Darmanitan but not 10% certain.
Slowkpoke’s is different. Maybe all of the expansion ones will be..? But I still wonder why is only Jynx’s found with no others?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Don’t know if it’s real but apparently there’s a new cry for Jynx in the data for Pokémon home. Like there’s the original and another. Galarian Jynx?

If they make one, it'd be pretty neat if they gave her the Psychic/Fairy type combination. It's been used a lot lately, but the idea is that since Galarian Mr. Mime got Jynx's type combination, it would only be fitting that Galarian Jynx got Mr. Mime's type combination.

I’ve always wanted to see Jynx look like a geisha with a hand fan that it can wave rapidly to create a snowstorm while looking elegant at the same time. I was thinking it sort has a kimono design similar to Froslass except it isn’t the entire body and moves along the ground whenever this version of Jynx walks.

Sounds pretty similar to Froslass, honestly.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
As wild as it sounds, the new-found Jynx cry might actually be for a scrapped Mega Jynx. The SFX used for the cry is similar to those used for Mega Evolutions.
My only issue with this is why have we never found this before? This cry hasn’t been in XY, ORAS, SM, or USUM. Why would they all of a sudden add it into Home. Like AZ’s Floette makes sense. It’s data leftover that’s been in every game since XY, but this is new.