• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Poison/Normal Kecleon known for being able to make a variety of colorful poisons. That would be epic
I was thinking Normal/Ghost to emphasize the camouflage chameleons are known for and taking it a step further where purple Keckleon can phase through solid objects while being invisible.

Ultra Beast Lover

Seeing what the Shellos line looked like before the split would be cool. I like the Shellos line, they start out as cute little guys then become really strong. Maybe it could be a purple Dragon/Water type with the wings of the blue variant and the head bumps of the pink variant. And the lore behind it could be that breeders have been trying to revive the original form.

MrJechgo

If they're going to have a Normal/Ghost variant, I would personally give it to Kangaskhan, purely because the eyes on her when angered will make you think you saw a ghost.
How about Girafarig... but with the dark side taking command ;) ?

Orphalesion

Especially since Alolan Eggsecutor is already based on an old TGC artwork.

And tbh I'd love to see Girafarig's (far, far superior) beta design revived as a Regional Form. Psychic/Dark. Two giraffe heads, one nice, one mean.

Luthor

When it comes to a regional Girafarig I want to see it get an evolution that makes it the same sort of size as a real world Giraffe.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Just some regional forms i thought of.

Mankey (poison/fighting) -> Primeape

Abra (Fighting) -> Kadabra -> Alakablam (Fighting/rock)

Poliwag (Fire) -> Poliwhirl-> Poliwrath(Fire/Fighting) or Politoad(Fire/Psychic)

Onix (Rock) -> Coralix (Grass/Water)

Voltorb (Electric/Steel) -> Electrode

Lickitung (Normal/Dragon) -> Lickilicky

Dratini (Dragon/Fairy) -> Dragonair -> Dragonite

Whismur (Normal/Ghost) -> Mutered -> Shutend

Nosepass (Rock/Grass) -> Celtipass

Spoink (Dark/Psychic) -> Grumpig -> Grimmhog

Snorunt(Fire/Ice)-> Glalie or Ashlass (Ghost/Fire)

Bidoof (Water) -> Bibarel (Water/Fighting)

Finneon (Water/Psychic) -> Lumineon

Druddigon (Rock/Dragon)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been thinkng more about the Galar legendary birds now we know their typings. I don't mind the rock/paper/scissors type advantage thing they've went for, but I do think it's a shame that Articuno has went from having an almost unique type combination (Santa Penguin is the only other Ice/Flying-type) to one that's been done quite a few times now. Plus I was hoping Galarian Moltres would be Fire/Dark, because again that type combination hasn't been done as often as Dark/Flying has.

Orphalesion

I agree that I would have preferred Fire/Dark with Levitate for G.Moltres. And maybe Ice/Psychic for G.Atricuno and Electric/Fighting for G.Zapdos?

But on the other hand this way they can have abilities that aren't Levitate (of course if GF made "this Pokemon can fly/floats" an attribute rather than type/ability dependent, then a lot of Pokemon could have more unique abilities than Levitate)

Though I really like how the signature moves of the G.Bird's still recall their original typings.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Galarian Slowbro is my new favorite Galarian form. I absolutely love that thing. It’s signature move is so broken! Can’t wait to use it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Love that Slowbro's a unique type combination, I love it when a non-legendary/mythical gets one of those! (Still wanting a Water/Fire standard Pokemon!)
I'm definitely gonna be using one on my next playthrough, and in the DLC campaign obviously

Red and Blue

I agree that I would have preferred Fire/Dark with Levitate for G.Moltres. And maybe Ice/Psychic for G.Atricuno and Electric/Fighting for G.Zapdos?

But on the other hand this way they can have abilities that aren't Levitate (of course if GF made "this Pokemon can fly/floats" an attribute rather than type/ability dependent, then a lot of Pokemon could have more unique abilities than Levitate)

Though I really like how the signature moves of the G.Bird's still recall their original typings.
Yeah I would have preferred it if the birds ditched the Flying type and kept their primary typings along with the new ones. Galarian Zapdos is already a flightless bird

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
While I'm glad we're getting more regional forms, I hope that if there are any unrevealed ones (other than Slowking), they'll have evolutions, too.

That's what made the Galar forms so much better than the Alola ones.

Then again, Game Freak might not want to put a non-Legendary Pokemon in the section where the Legendary, Mythical, and etc usually go.

ShadowForce720

While I'm glad we're getting more regional forms, I hope that if there are any unrevealed ones (other than Slowking), they'll have evolutions, too.

That's what made the Galar forms so much better than the Alola ones.

Then again, Game Freak might not want to put a non-Legendary Pokemon in the section where the Legendary, Mythical, and etc usually go.

To be fair I think Pokémon being place anywhere in the Dex is free game. Here is how it breaks down in terms of unusual placement:

Dratini line is placed between the Legendary Bird Trio and Mewtwo.

Larvitar line is place between the Legendary Beast Trio and Lugia.

Victini was placed before the Snivy line.

Type:Null and Silvally were place between non legendary Pokémon.

Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Stakataka were placed between Marshadow and Zeraora.

So I’m not sure why some people think that somehow Game freak have a problem with putting some non legendary Pokémon between legendary Pokémon.

No offense to you but I think some people put way to much emphasis on the whole legendary/mythical Pokémon being towards the end of the Dex.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
To be fair I think Pokémon being place anywhere in the Dex is free game. Here is how it breaks down in terms of unusual placement:

Dratini line is placed between the Legendary Bird Trio and Mewtwo.

Larvitar line is place between the Legendary Beast Trio and Lugia.

Victini was placed before the Snivy line.

Type:Null and Silvally were place between non legendary Pokémon.

Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Stakataka were placed between Marshadow and Zeraora.

So I’m not sure why some people think that somehow Game freak have a problem with putting some non legendary Pokémon between legendary Pokémon.

No offense to you but I think some people put way to much emphasis on the whole legendary/mythical Pokémon being towards the end of the Dex.

The National Pokédex order is based on when in the game Game Freak expects you to find wild Pokémon from that line or when that Pokémon is plot-relevant and appears in battle against you (as is with Type: Null, but NOT with Cosmog because Nebby does not battle you until it fully evolves). Species made available after the beginning of the generation are placed at the end of the National Pokédex at the time. To my knowledge, whether a Pokémon is Legendary or Mythical has no bearing on its Pokédex placement. It's just that you find Legendary Pokémon near the end of the games in which they debut, and Mythical Pokémon are not available until later on, so they're placed at the end.

Victini appears to be the exception, since there's no way you'll have Victini on your team before you even get a starter, but it might be that, if you played it during Victini's initial event, the game tells you, "Hey, here's Victini! Come to Liberty Garden and get it!" before you're even shown the Unovan starters.