• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Good Arceus it's going to need an evolution

I would love Ghost type Chimecho where its body resembles the Spell Tag (item that raises ghost type moves).

Good call. Never noticed that before.

Articuno: 90 HP, 85 Atk, 95 Def, 100 Sp. Atk, 125 Sp. Def, 85 Speed
Zapdos: 90 HP, 100 Atk, 90 Def, 85 Sp. Atk, 90 Sp. Def, 125 Speed
Moltres: 100 HP, 85 Atk, 90 Def, 125 Sp. Atk, 90 Def, 90 Speed

I can see those stats, not straying too far from their originals, but still enough to feel new.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Really happy with birds but Moltres looks more like an evil Ho-oh with that curved beak they gave it
Look up Sabredramon on Google Images for a way closer match.

MrJechgo

Anyone here down for a regional Ground/Fighting Riolu/Lucario? Give a more sandy color like an actual jackal, add boney ridges, have it wield a long bone like a staff, give it Bone Club and Bonemerang, in addition of Bone Rush, change its animations so every chopping move is made with the bone, and make it a more Physical attacker.

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Anyone here down for a regional Ground/Fighting Riolu/Lucario? Give a more sandy color like actual jackal, add boney ridges, have it wield a long bone like a staff, give it Bone Club and Bonemerang, in addition of Bone Rush, chnage its animations so every chopping move is made with the bone, and make it a more Physical attacker.

I had it as Rock/Fighting but Ground/Fighting definitely works! Love the idea :)

Last gen I came up with the idea of an Electric/Fighting Alolan Lucario, as a play off of its shiny. The yellow would be brighter with red and orange accents and they would be “disciples of Tapu Koko”.

Luthor

I'm now very intrigued at Galarian Slowking. If it's half as fun as Galarian Slowbrow I can't wait. That being said I really want it not to be a trade with item evolution. I prefer the way Galarian Slowbro evolves with just exposure to item.

ShadowForce720

I'm now very intrigued at Galarian Slowking. If it's half as fun as Galarian Slowbrow I can't wait. That being said I really want it not to be a trade with item evolution. I prefer the way Galarian Slowbro evolves with just exposure to item.

In all honesty from the way they describe how to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro and/or Galarian Slowking it sounds like the only difference in evolution methods between the two is that they just use different items to evolve.

Kingudora

My favourite
In all honesty from the way they describe how to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro and/or Galarian Slowking it sounds like the only difference in evolution methods between the two is that they just use different items to evolve.
I think there will be a new item called Galarica Crown for Galarian Slowking, made by a NPC in the Crown Tundra from Galarica Twigs.

Luthor

I think there will be a new item called Galarica Crown for Galarian Slowking, made by a NPC in the Crown Tundra from Galarica Twigs.

I have to be honest I hope both of you are right. As long it doesn't involve trading with items I'm good with most ways of evolving Galarian Slowbro into Galarian Slowking.

MrJechgo

After thinking about it, how about doing something right with the Galarian fossils?
  • The "Draco-" fossil (Fossilized Drake) could be reworked into Stegolcano, as a Fire/Rock. I can hear you scream "It's supposed to be a Dragon-type!". Well, what if even that was wrong? What if the upper half would have proven to be a stegosaurus living on volcanic mountains? It could lose the Dragon type for a "flavourly more suitable" type. I mean... all of these fossils are wrong, so it wouldn't be impossible that more than the shapes and ecologies were mistakenly classified.
  • The "-zolt" fossil (Fossilized Bird)... could be a speedy Electric/Rock, called Deinozolt (a play on Deinonychus).
  • The "Arcto-" fossil (Fossilized Dino) could be a Ice/Rock Ichthyosaur, called Arcthyos.
  • The "-vish" fossil (Fossilized Fish) could be a Water/Rock Dunkleosteus, called Dunkleovish.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The entire point is that they're mish-mashed abominations. The chances of them actually making proper versions is slim to none as that defeats the purpose of their entire existence.

So? A load of people wanted a raptor for years, it isn't fair we're stuck with an ugly abomination as a 'raptor'

MrJechgo

That they were animals in high demand is probably also part of the idea.
Going solely by missing dinosaurs, we're missing the stegosaurus, ankylosaurus, velociraptor/deinonychus/troodon, ichthyosaurus, spinosaurus, mosasaurus/tylosaurus, elasmosaurus/plesiosaurus, parasaurolophus, dilophosaurus (the Jurassic Park venomous version, or actual non-venomous breed) and dimetrodon.

MrJechgo

On a sidenote, anyone here for more Legendary variants, similar to the Legendary Kanto birds? Think about it, for other generations:
  • Raikou (Electric/Dark), now embodying a thunderstorm
  • Entei (Fire/Rock), now [more] embodying volcanoes, like Camerupt :p
  • Suicune (Water/Ice), now [more] embodying auroras
  • Uxie (Psychic/Fairy), closer to its faerie nature
  • Mesprit (Psychic/Fighting), now embodying rage (emotion) and fighting
  • Azelf (Psychic/Ground), now embodying meditation and earth is often seen as a calm force of nature

Ultra Beast Lover

On a sidenote, anyone here for more Legendary variants, similar to the Legendary Kanto birds? Think about it, for other generations:
  • Raikou (Electric/Dark), now embodying a thunderstorm
  • Entei (Fire/Rock), now [more] embodying volcanoes, like Camerupt :p
  • Suicune (Water/Ice), now [more] embodying auroras
  • Uxie (Psychic/Fairy), closer to its faerie nature
  • Mesprit (Psychic/Fighting), now embodying rage (emotion) and fighting
  • Azelf (Psychic/Ground), now embodying meditation and earth is often seen as a calm force of nature
I'm not sure if having regional variants would work with the lake trio. I suppose if it's just a form they can take when away from their lakes then it'd be fine but since they're each a unique creature with no implied other members of their species it wouldn't work unless Arceus made others.

Gen82

They can still add in a Parasect Galar Form. I hope it's new form will have the Bug side winning over its Parasitical mushroom.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Calling it now, these are gonna be galarian Slowking's stats.
95 Hp, 95 Atk, 100 Def, 75 Sp.Atk, 100 Sp.Def, 30 Spd.

Me, I'd find it interesting if they made Galarian Slowking really fast, and all the time, not just via Quick Draw. Galarian Slowpoke have the potential to move quickly, so maybe Shellder can interact with Galarian Slowbro in such a way as to allow Slowbro to access that speed consciously.