• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Dragon Pulse

Honestly, I'd like those "Armored" Pokemon to be Galar variant of certain old Pokemon. I wouldn't like it to be another Mega evolution, tbh. For example you have Golett( how it looks) then he evolves into Golurk but it's Galar variant( like the pic above, I really like it) in Galar region. Difference from Alola is both forms are Alolan variants( Vulpix and Ninetales) but in this situation one would be normal like Golett but second one would be Galar variant of Golurk.
Alolan Marowak and Alolan Raichu do the same thing as this with their pre-evolutions...

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Alolan Marowak and Alolan Raichu do the same thing as this with their pre-evolutions...
Oh I forgot, well, I'd like that too with Galar instead of Armor evolution.And I hope Mewtwo and Charizard don't get those variants. Other Pokemon deserve them more.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Personally I think this feature was a gen 7 exclusive feature because of where the games where based on. Its nore likely that pokemon may have evolved differently in an eco system seperated from the rest of the world but in Britain? Doubtful.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Personally I think this feature was a gen 7 exclusive feature because of where the games where based on. Its nore likely that pokemon may have evolved differently in an eco system seperated from the rest of the world but in Britain? Doubtful.

I agree. Galar is pretty much similar to the geography of Sinnoh and Kalos. If Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova didn't have variants on these regions, then why would they suddenly have it here?

Not saying that it's impossible, just thinking that it's not likely.

Orphalesion

I agree. Galar is pretty much similar to the geography of Sinnoh and Kalos. If Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova didn't have variants on these regions, then why would they suddenly have it here?

Because that's just how speciation and evolution works? It's random to some degree and can just be a result of populations being isolated. I looked into some aspects of British wildlife and there's for example a songbird that has an Eurasian Subspecies...and a British one that's quite distinctive.

Plus with a lot of the Alolan forms, most of them really, it wasn't the "tropical island" biome that caused the evolution of the regional forms, but other factors (breeding, competition from other species, cultural aspects, some unique substance like pele's hair and pancakes)
The only one that's really a "tropical island" form is Alolan Exeggutor.

KKS-Lapras

It should also be pointed out, the idea of regional variants has been introduced before, just not to the extreme as what happened in Gen 7. Vivillon with all it's regional different coloring's was like regional variant "lite" so to speak. I do think that regional variants will continue being introduced, in small amounts, going forward with new regions.

Kangaflora

I'd like to see Galarian versions of Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam as Psychic/Ghost types, Bellossom as Grass/Water (that is a reference to its Delta version in EX Holon Phantoms), Politoed as Water/Psychic, Pineco and Forretress as pure Grass types, Scyther and Scizor as Water/Flying types, Hoppip Skiploom and Jumpluff as Bug/Dark types, Surskit and Masquerain as Water/Fire types, Whismur Loudred and Exploud as Normal/Poison types, Carvanha and Sharpedo as pure Poison types, Trapinch Vibrava and Flygon as Dragon/Bug types, Bidoof and Bibarel as Fire/Fairy types, Axew Fraxure and Haxorus as Dark/Fairy types, and Flabébé Floette and Florges as pure Grass types.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
iEE1EJ0.jpg

Maybe this is a hint of a regional variant of Klinklang?

D

Deleted member 384931

It would like a ladybug um I mean Ladian galar forme

Luthor

For me I am hoping that regional variants are in the game as it is an easy way of making each region feel different.
iEE1EJ0.jpg

Maybe this is a hint of a regional variant of Klinklang?

It's certainly a possibility and would probably fit well with some reference to the industrial revolution. Definitely plausible.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
For me I am hoping that regional variants are in the game as it is an easy way of making each region feel different.

I agree with ya on that. Plus it makes the idea of returning Pokemon a bit more interesting.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

That still leaves the Alola Pokémon as potential options.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I don’t know if they’ll use regional variants again, but a return to regular evolutions and Mega Evolution is due. We have received one added evolution since Gen IV. One. And that’s Sylveon. That’s far too long. I get that Alolan forms made up for the variety with our classic ‘Mons, but let’s get some evolutions and maybe pre-evs back. Ariados, Arbok, and a split evolution for Baltoy come to mind.

Mega Evolution was sorely missed in Gen VII. Besides the usual team powerhouses, Z-rings stole the show. Please bring back some fresh Megas! Such a nice way to reinvigorate favorites and underdogs alike.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

It's certainly a possibility and would probably fit well with some reference to the industrial revolution. Definitely plausible.
I think that there will be more regional variants. They wouldn't create an umbrella term if it's only in one region.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Make them Sinnoh Pokemon and this way assuming we get D remakes or something next year it would flow well. Galar forms of the fianl evos of the starters could be really nice. Maybe knights or something.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I agree with making them primarily Sinnoh Pokémon (with a bit of Johto in there. Please let Johto have something), it’d flow really well with the presumed remakes. Galarian Roserade, Luxray, Mismagius, etc. would all be incredibly cool.

And this is Pokémon we’re talking about. They don’t need reasons to add new things and yet they do anyways. Galar simply being a different region is enough to justify regional variants.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Are armoured evolutions just a new form of temporary evolutions?

They are a unconfirmed rumor/theory that got started because folks were trying to figure out the gimmick of the gen.

Personally I hope they aren't real.

Make them Sinnoh Pokemon and this way assuming we get D remakes or something next year it would flow well. Galar forms of the fianl evos of the starters could be really nice. Maybe knights or something.

I'd like to see regional variants based on Pokemon from other regions than just one. But a focus on Sinnoh Pokemon does sound fun. Specially with a possible return to that region before then gen is over.