• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Someone suggested I post this here, so:

Someone on Reddit pointed out this logo on the Poké Jobs screen:

6wcaahh2a3f31.jpg

This logo also happens to be on the top left of the male Yell Grunt’s black shirt. But that aside, it looks like it could be a new Galar form for Klink.

Thoughts?
I feel that the job is actually help Team Yell needs, not any sort of Galarian forme

Some Galarian formes I would love to see are:
Rapidash: Fire/Flying or Fire/Psychic to base it off of a Pegasus or Unicorn respectively
Ampharos: Electric/Dragon because I thought Ampharos should've been dragon and also I won't be getting my Mega Ampharos
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland: Dark/Fairy

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Hope I don't come off as harsh or anything.

But regional forms are not all about "fixing" a Pokemons type. Everyone of those is a "it shoulda been this" combo. Not saying they are impossible, but most regional forms aren't like that.

Anything beside the "it should've been this" is totally unpredictable. You could throw just about any type on anyone and come up with a random "it changed forms to adapt to the environment" excuse to justify it. Some of the "it should've been this" ideas give us a better idea of what typings could sensibly be added to the Pokemon to change it up.

DSDark

Breeder
Anything beside the "it should've been this" is totally unpredictable. You could throw just about any type on anyone and come up with a random "it changed forms to adapt to the environment" excuse to justify it. Some of the "it should've been this" ideas give us a better idea of what typings could sensibly be added to the Pokemon to change it up.
Regional forms feel like they are "it could be this if this"

flygon1509

Regional variants tend to be unexpected. If GF were to design a Galarian Arbok, I bet they wouldn't think "This design looks like it could gain Psychic." It would be more like "Guys, we need a plot twist for Arbok. Electric/Ghost serpent maybe?"

Last edited:

DannyDark

While I love the design.. the addition of Fairy type seems incredibly odd.
Are there any theories floating around that might justify this or?

MalcolmBelmontS

I am going to repost what i said on Era about a potential Regional Form because i think it makes a lot of sense

"Now that i think about it i think there's a Gen 2 Pokemon that would make perfect sense having a Galaran Form

Snubball/Granbull

Here me out on this one - The British Bulldog is one of the most well known Dog Breeds in the United Kingdom and easily the most recongizable but what's important is the British Bulldog's assoication with a historical figure that being Winston Churchill

main-qimg-79ff539bbb4174137af1a0880a69f3d3.webp

Whom he was known as the British Bulldog due to his face resembling a Bulldog by many pepole so why not go with that inspiration and base an Galarian Snubull/Granbull on the peroid of history that Winston was famous for - World War 2. This game clearly takes inspiration for the World Wars in some areas - for example Nurse Joy where's a WW1 Nurse Outfit so why not go with that for the Snuball and Granbull lines. Have an Galaran Snubbull and Graull look like WW1/2 British Soliders complete with Hat that is too large for Snubbull. I think it would be a neat history reference and would make sense for Snubull and Granbull having an Galar Form due to how well known British Bulldogs are. As for it's type - they could go back to Normal and give it a Steel type to make it Normal/Steel or just add on the Steel type for Steel/Fairy - either way it works extremely well in my own opinion."

MalcolmBelmontS

Anyone else find it intresting that Pidgeys - one of the most common Pokemon there is and would make for a great fit for Galar - still hasn't been seen yet in the Reigion. I am honestly thinking we could get an Galarian Pidgey line

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Anyone else find it intresting that Pidgeys - one of the most common Pokemon there is and would make for a great fit for Galar - still hasn't been seen yet in the Reigion. I am honestly thinking we could get an Galarian Pidgey line
It already had a mega evo ( and a beautiful one). Id rather other Pokemon shine

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I am REALLY hoping for a Galarian Klink, with actual moves! Either Steel/Water or Steel/Fire would work. Heck, even Steel/Psychic could work if they say it adapted to be intelligent or something.

I would love to see:
-Galar Sunflora- Grass/Fire with an additional evolution
-Galar Corsola- Grass/Rock
-Galar Tropius- Grass/Dragon (like it should gave gotten LAST gen)
-Galar Hydreigon- Poison/Ground
-Galar Florges- Either Ghost or Ghost/Grass (and rebalance its stats so it loses some special defense but gains some other stats)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't really like the idea of more regional variants and I was against the theories that this gimmick would return in Gen VIII, but I suppose it couldn't be helped. I like the Galarian version of Jiguzaguma (Zigzagoon) at least. It's very KISS-like.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Sorry if this was brought to attention before, but why do you guys think G-Weezing’s other ability is listed as “???”?

They’re obviously trying to hide it from us, but I can’t think of why.
I'm hoping it is a terrain activating ability and we get a poison type terrain. Weird they didnt either show it off or just leave it out.

sketchersmeargle

Sorry if this was brought to attention before, but why do you guys think G-Weezing’s other ability is listed as “???”?

They’re obviously trying to hide it from us, but I can’t think of why.

Could be an ability used to cause/prevent a new status or terrain move or ability related specifically to another yet to be revealed Pokemon who knows said opposing attack/ability