• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Orphalesion

Fairy/Normal? or Ice type .. what do you think?

A Fairy/Ice one might be cute (the only other Pokemon with that combination is A.Ninetales) basing it off the dance of the Snow Fairies from the Nut Cracker, particularly Guardevoir and Kirila would look very pretty skating across ice. Gallade could become Ice/Fighting or Fairy/Fighting both of which would be very interesting and either unique (Fairy/Fighting) or almost unique (ice/fighting)

Nodame

Misty <3
A Fairy/Ice one might be cute (the only other Pokemon with that combination is A.Ninetales) basing it off the dance of the Snow Fairies from the Nut Cracker, particularly Guardevoir and Kirila would look very pretty skating across ice. Gallade could become Ice/Fighting or Fairy/Fighting both of which would be very interesting and either unique (Fairy/Fighting) or almost unique (ice/fighting)
LOVE this *.*

Nodame

Misty <3
I just want ugly Pokémon to turn cute with regional variants or my faves getting second cute form.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I thought it would be cool if they made Galarian Corphish or something and Ash evolves his

A Galarian Corphish would be awesome. Just not sure on the typing.... But it be great.

Luthor

This would be a Pseudo Regional variant but I'd like it if the Gengar from outside Alola had the ability Levitate and the ones from Alola kept cursed body (even if brought to Galar). That way it would make the Alolan Gengar feel like a variant while being able to bring back Levitate.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
But they changed Levitate to Cursed Body because that was a nerf. It was a way to bring Gengar down a bit and make it less centralizing. Just like how Chandelure's Shadow Tag was changed to Infiltrator before anyone could use it because, as it turns out, Chandelure was a bit too good with Shadow Tag (which, in hindsight, is to be expected of a Ghost-type with a base 145 Special Attack).

Incidentally, the Litwick line would be a good candidate for a Galarian form. Not sure what types it and its evolutions would have though. Normal/Fire?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Galarian Sunflora would be good if it got a evolution that was a Grass Fire type with drought.That would be really powerful

ebevan91

But they changed Levitate to Cursed Body because that was a nerf. It was a way to bring Gengar down a bit and make it less centralizing. Just like how Chandelure's Shadow Tag was changed to Infiltrator before anyone could use it because, as it turns out, Chandelure was a bit too good with Shadow Tag (which, in hindsight, is to be expected of a Ghost-type with a base 145 Special Attack).

Incidentally, the Litwick line would be a good candidate for a Galarian form. Not sure what types it and its evolutions would have though. Normal/Fire?

I think Electric would make sense for the 2nd and 3rd stages. But the name Litwick implies that it would still be fire type. Lampent could just be an electric lamp or lantern and Chandelure could be an electric chandelier.

Galarian Sunflora would be good if it got a evolution that was a Grass Fire type with drought.That would be really powerful

And like +80 on its BST.

ShadowForce720

I think Electric would make sense for the 2nd and 3rd stages. But the name Litwick implies that it would still be fire type. Lampent could just be an electric lamp or lantern and Chandelure could be an electric chandelier.

And like +80 on its BST.

Just pointing this out but Litwick's name being associated with Fire would prevent a potential Galarian Litwick from not having the Fire typing, because if you go back and look at Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Sandslash you will notice that even though they still have sand in their name which implies a assosication with the Ground type, that didn't prevent them from being Ice/Steel type and not having the Ground typing at all.

However the main problem right now with the idea of a Galarian Litwick, is the fact that we've already seen a normal Litwick, Lampent and I believe we already seen a normal Chandelure, so unless we see a case of both Galarian and their non-Galarian counterparts being able to be found in the wild in Galar then it's unlikely that were getting a Galarian Litwick line this region. At this point the best you could really hope in this region would be for Litwick or Lampent to get a branched evolution.

ebevan91

Just pointing this out but Litwick's name being associated with Fire would prevent a potential Galarian Litwick from not having the Fire typing, because if you go back and look at Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Sandslash you will notice that even though they still have sand in their name which implies a assosication with the Ground type, that didn't prevent them from being Ice/Steel type and not having the Ground typing at all.

However the main problem right now with the idea of a Galarian Litwick, is the fact that we've already seen a normal Litwick, Lampent and I believe we already seen a normal Chandelure, so unless we see a case of both Galarian and their non-Galarian counterparts being able to be found in the wild in Galar then it's unlikely that were getting a Galarian Litwick line this region. At this point the best you could really hope in this region would be for Litwick or Lampent to get a branched evolution.

True. Anyways, the Pokemon is still *fairly* new so I don't think it really needs anything new yet. Gens 2 and 4 are the ones that need some work, IMO.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I’d love to see Galarian Sneasel and Weavile. Maybe grass/fighting. The pink/red ears and head thing Weavile has can be turned into leaves or grass or something. That’d be cool

Also ground/steel swinub line. Metal tusks for mamoswine

KKS-Lapras

And like +80 on its BST.

I've brought this potential Galarian form up multiple times, a Ghost/Electric Litwick line that is based on a lightbulb, lamp, and electric chandalure.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I've brought this potential Galarian form up multiple times, a Ghost/Electric Litwick line that is based on a lightbulb, lamp, and electric chandalure.

Or electric/steel, I could see the wick turning into a sparking cable or something, and lampent/chandelure could have metal bodies/cases or whatever. That would be cool

KKS-Lapras

Or electric/steel, I could see the wick turning into a sparking cable or something, and lampent/chandelure could have metal bodies/cases or whatever. That would be cool

While interesting, no no no, it must be a haunted Electric lightbulb for the idea to work. Ghost/Electric all the way, lol.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
While interesting, no no no, it must be a haunted Electric lightbulb for the idea to work. Ghost/Electric all the way, lol.

haha okay I’ll admit that does sound cool.

I am curious to see how far they’re going to double dip with the alolan forms. As in how many Pokémon that got alolan forms will also be getting galarian forms? I would love to see galarian meowth/persian but also galarian vulpix maybe we can finally get that damn ghost-type kyubi ninetales