• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Rotom is the perfect embodiment of a Electric/Ghost Pokemon. We don’t need another Pokémon of the type unless it is a lamp of some sort with a spirit possessing it similarly to the teapot and Polteageist.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I think Rotom is the perfect embodiment of a Electric/Ghost Pokemon. We don’t need another Pokémon of the type unless it is a lamp of some sort with a spirit possessing it similarly to the teapot and Polteageist.

I get where you’re coming from but that’s like me saying I think Moltres is the perfect embodiment of fire/flying we don’t need another one. It’s a damn bird on fire

DSDark

Breeder

I still wish that Litwick got a galarian electric/ghost form, that was a lightblub instead of a candle.

Luthor

I am curious to see how far they’re going to double dip with the alolan forms. As in how many Pokémon that got alolan forms will also be getting galarian forms? I would love to see galarian meowth/persian but also galarian vulpix maybe we can finally get that damn ghost-type kyubi ninetales

I could see them pick a specific pokemon and make it the pokemon which gets a different regional variants in each region. Personally I'd go with Raticate. As rats are very adaptable and they have relatively low stats so they can easily be in lots of regions.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I could see them pick a specific pokemon and make it the pokemon which gets a different regional variants in each region. Personally I'd go with Raticate. As rats are very adaptable and they have relatively low stats so they can easily be in lots of regions.
Another Pokémon I can see getting multiple regional variants is Meowth. All breeds of cats share an ancient common ancestor that humans domesticated and eventually created different breeds. Any of the household cat Pokémon could work as well.

Julia Artemis

Also I guess Meowth is a mascot pokemon so guess giving it regional forms as a gimmick makes sense. And it'll be funny that all Meowth's will have the same weakness to fighting pokemon. Though will say I only want a Galarian Meowth if it gets a new evolution. Not sure what but maybe a jaguar or sabertooth tiger

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Back to the Galarian Gengar topic, a Galarian Gengar/Haunter/Gastly that’s Ghost/Normal with Levitate would be epic. And a huge proponent for more Dark usage! Four immunities, Poison and Bug resistances with one weakness. Make them white with black scleras and yellow pupils, and a shiny version that’s light pale blue. Would definitely be an Über candidate.

At some point Game Freak is going to have to bite the bullet and give us a Ghost/Normal type combo.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I feel like it makes sense for Lillipup to be in Galar, but because it's already based on an English breed of dog it wouldn't really need to be a Galar variant specifically. Actually I find it odd it hasn't been confirmed for these games yet.
Manetric is a dog?!?! What?!
Manetric is based on Raijū, which can take the shape of a blue wolf wrapped in lightning. Raikou is based on the tiger form of Raijū.

Edit: Additionally, Mightyena is a hyena and is not actually a canid so I would rather it not be used to represent a breed of dog.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What did you think it was?

Its based off possibly Raiju (lightning wolf), crocodile clips and even a Maned Wolf
Like a rat or something but a dog makes so much sense.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Like a rat or something but a dog makes so much sense.
Lol!! A huge electric rat would be cool but shiot that’s hilarious you thought it was a rat :p not trying to dis or anything though!

While interesting, no no no, it must be a haunted Electric lightbulb for the idea to work. Ghost/Electric all the way, lol.
Could have steelworker to make up for not being steel too!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I feel like it makes sense for Lillipup to be in Galar, but because it's already based on an English breed of dog it wouldn't really need to be a Galar variant specifically. Actually I find it odd it hasn't been confirmed for these games yet.

I actually thought the Lillipup line was already on that list. I looked at it a week ago and was surprised to not see it there.

Other Pokémon definitely based on canines include the Growlithe line, Smeargle, the Snubbull line, and Furfrou. I also thought the Snubbull line was in, since it's also based on an English breed of dog, but it isn't either...

Lol!! A huge electric rat would be cool but shiot that’s hilarious you thought it was a rat :p not trying to dis or anything though!

Well, "electric rat" was a rather popular derogatory name for Pikachu when Pokémon was new.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I actually thought the Lillipup line was already on that list. I looked at it a week ago and was surprised to not see it there.

Other Pokémon definitely based on canines include the Growlithe line, Smeargle, the Snubbull line, and Furfrou. I also thought the Snubbull line was in, since it's also based on an English breed of dog, but it isn't either...

Well, "electric rat" was a rather popular derogatory name for Pikachu when Pokémon was new.
and we totally have a HUGE electric rat in pikachu now too, totally didn't think of that :p and it is more the thought of someone thinking manetric is a rat thats so hilarious

Luthor

I'd like Gothitelle to get a variant that instead of a Gothic Lolita is a more typical Goth. I think it could look pretty cool and a Goth would mean still match its name.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd like Gothitelle to get a variant that instead of a Gothic Lolita is a more typical Goth. I think it could look pretty cool and a Goth would mean still match its name.
If that was the case then Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash would have kept the original form's Ground typing.

Luthor

If that was the case then Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash would have kept the original form's Ground typing.

I'm not saying they have to stick to the name (they could easily not) but when you have a name like Gothitelle which could have multiple meanings its a fun way to consider going. I'd go with it being Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost.

JW1004

I wouldn't mind it being a Psychic type that gets to be the opposite of the Ralts line
Give it a regional forms that is Psychic/Ghost, with a male only regional split evo as well in the middle stage that is Psychic/Dark and has a rivalery with Gallade