• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th Gen Regional Variants

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
We haven't had a single proper remake since regional forms were introduced, do you think well get new regional forms in remakes to balance the dex? Say for example an Electric/Fire Raichu for Sinnoh remakes.

Well it seems that the Egyptology tangent back on page 31 wasn't for nothing, the Yamask line is confirmed

NeedsAName

Well we have some new Galarian Forms which no one has mentioned here so...

1: Galarian Stunfisk, Ground/Steel, looks like a bear trap
2: Galarian Yamask, Ground/Ghost, holding a weird runestone, SHOULD HAVE BEEN ROCK/GHOST
3: Galarian Darumaka/Darmanitan, I think pure ice, really simplistic and looks weird
4. Galarian Mr. Mime, Ice/Psychic, it's icy
5. Galarian Corsola, Ghost, bleached coral
6. Galarian Farfetch'd, Fighting, dark-colored and has a huge leak

I'll edit if I remember more of these

Last edited:

Orphalesion

We haven't had a single proper remake since regional forms were introduced, do you think well get new regional forms in remakes to balance the dex? Say for example an Electric/Fire Raichu for Sinnoh remakes.
Sinnohan forms are basically the only way they'll get me to buy D/P remakes :p

Well it seems that the Egyptology tangent back on page 31 wasn't for nothing, the Yamask line is confirmed

But G. Yamask it's no longer Egypt-related...

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I love regional forms and Ice is my second favourite type but it is a little disappointing that thus far GF seems to rather put the ice type on regional variants and not new pokemon. I'd rather we got more variety in regional form types and more new pokemon that are ice type, though the more regional variants the merrier.

I find it weird how (as far as we know) Hoenn and Johto Only get one Galarian form line each, but Unova gets 3. I guess I just thought they'd use more from older gens, I guess it makes sense though gen 5 does have the most pokemon.

But G. Yamask it's no longer Egypt-related...

Whether Unovan Yamask will be in the dex was also discussed and Unovan Yamask was what I was referring to, but this being the Regional form thread I can see how that was unclear, sorry for the confusion/

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Regarding the Galarian Darmanitan: although I can't say I'm a fan, I find the design fitting, considering the wordplay. After all, snowmen are called yukidaruma in Japanese. If it has a mode change like its Unovan counterpart, I reckon it'll flip upside-down to become a snowman in proper.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I don’t really care what Pokémon get Galar forms as long as they stop giving them to Gen 1 pokemon.The only Gen 1 pokemon I wanna see get a Galar form is Kingler

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
I really enjoy the regional variants, and since Galar is based on Britain, I have an... unusual thought for a possible Galarian form.
Mr. Mime, but instead of a mime (more suited to Kalos, really), it's a palace guard/beefeater. That would be awesome, especially since most people who post on the topic of new pokemon seem to be focused on area-appropriate wildlife.

Creyk

At this point, I have no doubt that they will expand on this concept in the upcoming Diamond and Pearl remakes next year.

Julia Artemis

I think regional forms are possible but its probably a more 50% chance type of thing. More hoping for Dynamax and Gigantamax to be in the D/P remakes. Honestly I never cared for Mega Evolution for the most part. There were like only 5 good megas

Luthor

Some additional fire types for that dex would be appreciated. Strangely I'd pick Cherrim or Seaking to gain fire type.

NeedsAName

We should give some Kalosian and Alolan mons some Sinnohan forms. Ideas:

Diggersby - Normal/Rock
Flabebe/Floette/Florges - Grass>Grass/Fire>Grass/Fire
Skiddo/Gogoat - Normal/Steel
Spritzee/Aromatisse - Poison/Fairy, with a new evolution
Swirlix/Slurpuff - Ground/Fairy, with a new evolution
Heliolisk - Electric/Fighting
Yungoos/Gumshoos - Poison/Normal
Stufful/Bewear - Fairy/Fire
Pyukumuku - Water/Steel, with a new evolution
Komala - Ghost/Psychic

This would also give us seven unused type combos.

Last edited:

Golisopod_Propaganda

Emergency Exit
Here's some for regional variants not even exclusive to Kalos

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur: Ghost/Grass
They would have a small pumpkin on its back and the color of the Pokémon would be black. The pumpkin starts to become alive as it evolves.

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise:Water/Grass
It would be based off of a box turtle (which are very common where I live). They would be an orange and black color. The grass typing would be added since box turtles usually live in marshes and forests.

Phanpy/Donphan: Fighting/Psychic
Elephant haven't gotten the best love in Pokémon. I love this line and the thing that tears them down for me is their size. Elephants are very strong and intelligent creatures. Having the typing as Psychic and fighting really fits an elephant in my opinion.

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: Ground/Poison
I would have them based on the thrones lizards that are found in desserts. The more it evolves the more thorns it's gets which are poisonous.

Wimpod/Golisopod: Bug/Poison
I'd have it based off of a actual cockroach which are in the same family as Isopods. It would be similar to the hissing cockroaches and when they hiss they spit out a poison.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Some additional fire types for that dex would be appreciated. Strangely I'd pick Cherrim or Seaking to gain fire type.

Whilst I like the idea of a fire/grass Cherrim, I don't know if it would make sense to give it a 'Sinnohian' form as it's orginal form is already from sinnoh and would thus also be considered a 'Sinnohian' form. I guess you could have 2 forms in one region maybe east and west of mount coronet the same as Shellos.

Seaking is one of my least favourite pokemon but a new typing and a substantial redesign could very well change that.

Last edited:

Luthor

Whilst I like the idea of a fire/grass Cherrim, I don't know if it would make sense to give it a 'Sinnohian' form as it's orginal form is already form sinnoh and would thus also be considered a 'Sinnohian' form. I guess you could have 2 forms in one region maybe east and west of mount coronet the same as Shellos.

Seaking is one of my least favourite pokemon but a new typing and a substantial redesign could very well change that.

Fair point on Cherrim. Might make more sense to leave that for another region.

Seaking definitely has scope for a regional variant. Fire is my preference but to be honest as long as it was creative I'd be ok with most typings for it.