• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

8th gym detour and Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
In today's episode it was announced at some point that the original 8th gym was closed. The interesting thing is Iris keeps freaking out about it when its brought up and she was happy when they are going to a different gym. Is this just a plot point to allow them to go with the 3 month "training period before the league like did with kanto or is the gym being closed because the leader might actually be Iris and not Drayden or is it because she's afraid of going back to face Drayden because she doesnt feel like she can beat him still?

JD

She's obviously afraid that Drayden will be disappointed in her as she has made little progress as a dragon master.. seriously she barely trains Axew Scraggy's probably stronger than him and he's the youngest Pokemon anyone on the main cast has right now.

Something will happen with Drayden and Iris, but it's going to happen later on, especially with the world tournament detour.

Her reaction to the 8th gym being closed implied that Iris is avoiding Drayden, as maybe she's not ready to confront him because of her lack of progress obtaining more than one dragon, or training Axew in general. She might even be worried he'll expect a rematch.

Iris is clearly not the gym leader, as we know she met Ash shortly after starting her journey.

thunderblade12

IMO we need to get a good 30 or so episodes in between the battle with Homika and the League to touch on stuff like this. Episodes that actually develop the established recurring characters rather than some character we'll never see again.

Graham Aker

IMO we need to get a good 30 or so episodes in between the battle with Homika and the League to touch on stuff like this.

Considering it's been said there's 3 months till the league, and the time stated in the anime for the start of the league has always matched real time to us...that means we'll only get about 11-12 episodes before it starts.

KKS-Lapras

Considering it's been said there's 3 months till the league, and the time stated in the anime for the start of the league has always matched real time to us...that means we'll only get about 11-12 episodes before it starts.

It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. In this case, I'm not sure they could fit in this Tournament of Champions in such a short amount of time, it just seems to imply something that would take a decent amount of time.

Graham Aker

It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. In this case, I'm not sure they could fit in this Tournament of Champions in such a short amount of time, it just seems to imply something that would take a decent amount of time.

So far, for BW2, we have two titles. I could see the Giovanni stuff lasting 3 episodes at most, and the world tournament might last anywhere from 2-4 episodes. Then we have the Dragonite episode as well. That's about 8-11 episodes right there.

G50

No longer posting
Maybe Drayden is involved in the Dragonite/Hydreigon episode?

Now that would be cool, and him having Hydreigon instead of the Zweilous he has in the games.

Something will happen with Drayden and Iris, but it's going to happen later on, especially with the world tournament detour.

Her reaction to the 8th gym being closed implied that Iris is avoiding Drayden, as maybe she's not ready to confront him because of her lack of progress obtaining more than one dragon, or training Axew in general. She might even be worried he'll expect a rematch.

Iris is clearly not the gym leader, as we know she met Ash shortly after starting her journey.

or maybe she's nervous that Excadrill is going to see Drayden and Haxorus again and wonders how he'll react.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
She's probably worried of what Drayden or the village Elder will think of her progress. Or she doesn't want Ash to face Drayden. Or she's the gym leader and doesn't want Ash to face her.

G50

No longer posting
She's probably worried of what Drayden or the village Elder will think of her progress. Or she doesn't want Ash to face Drayden. Or she's the gym leader and doesn't want Ash to face her.

I think the first option is the likely one. She's very worried that she may have not progressed enough for their liking.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Now that would be cool, and him having Hydreigon instead of the Zweilous he has in the games.

or maybe she's nervous that Excadrill is going to see Drayden and Haxorus again and wonders how he'll react.

Drayden doesn't have Zweilous or any member of that family. And I will guess that the Dragonite & Hydreigon are wild Pokemon just because the writers will troll us like that.

G50

No longer posting
Drayden doesn't have Zweilous or any member of that family. And I will guess that the Dragonite & Hydreigon are wild Pokemon just because the writers will troll us like that.

I thought he had Fraxure, Haxorus, another Fraxure, and Zweilous. Maybe I'm wrong.

They probably will troll us by having them both wild...

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I thought he had Fraxure, Haxorus, another Fraxure, and Zweilous. Maybe I'm wrong.

They probably will troll us by having them both wild...

Fraxure, Druddigon, & Haxorus was his team.

Another possibility I hope is that she meets another Dragon Master in-training who owns the Dragonite or is a Dragon Master already.

G50

No longer posting
Fraxure, Druddigon, & Haxorus was his team.
Another possibility I hope is that she meets another Dragon Master in-training who owns the Dragonite or is a Dragon Master already.

Ah, I must've been getting him mixed up with another trainer in that gym.

That possibility is a great idea, she should really meet another Dragon Master and get pointers, etc.

drayden thrashed her last time. she's probably worried she's not strong enough to face him. I'm sure we will get something about it after the league

G50

No longer posting
drayden thrashed her last time. she's probably worried she's not strong enough to face him. I'm sure we will get something about it after the league

I think it will be addressed after the World tournament but before the League.

Janovy

Banned
Iris ain't stupid.

She knows that she hasn't made much progress and I can clearly see why the encounter with Drayden is possibly frightening her. She has only one dragon type, Axew's only progress is that he mastered Dragon Rage, learned Outrage so he can be a capable battler now. Aside from Axew, all her types are non-dragon Pokémon and that has been purposely done by the writers. Remember how Langley freaked out over Iris using Excadrill and not her Axew? It was yet another hint from the writers.

Why else would Iris be worried? She knows she's hasn't accomplished nearly as much as she should have.

And I am very much looking forward to the episode where Iris meets up with Drayden and the old matriarch again as the potential for Iris to develop is unlimited.

G50

No longer posting
She may only see Drayden, and not the Old Matriarch again. Hopefully both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.