• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

9/11 - Are You Okay?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Daily Show Host Jon Stewart somberly asked the day after 9/11, "Are you okay?" Ten years later, these people answer him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHIj9wzbYGQ&feature=related

"I lost my son"
"My nephew"
"My uncle"
"My son"
"On September 11, 2001."
"Most people don't know that a third tower fell on September 11th."
"World Trade Center 7, a 47 story skyscraper was not hit by an airplane."
"Although the official explanation is that fire brought down building 7"
"Over 1,200 archetects and engineers have looked into the evidence and believe there is more to the story."
"Bring justice to my son"
"My nephew"
"My uncle"
"My son"
"Go to BuildingWhat.org - why it fell, why it matters, and what you can do."

They were recently featured on Geraldo at Large. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfOVKPtT8ZY

We've all heard of "Truthers" or "9/11 Skeptics". They claim to know 9/11 is an inside job. Jon Stewart made fun of them by holding up a sign saying "9/11 is an Outside Job".

What we hear about less is the people who don't have an official theory...but they still aren't okay. The families involved in BuildingWhat.com don't claim to have a theory about or understand what happened on 9/11. They just want to know why an extra building collapsed that day. It is not "stupid" or "retarded" for them to ask what happened, and it is not "stupid" or "retarded" for us to ask questions about 9/11 and the War on Terror.

Years ago, we wanted to know who hurt us. Then we wanted to know why we had to go to pre-emptive war with Iraq. Then we wanted to know why there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and why we had to send our troops there.

Yesterday, we wanted to know if Muslims could build mosques near Ground Zero, and if not, how long shouldn't they be allowed to do it, or what should the limit on the non-Mosque zone be. We asked how the Christmas Day Underwear bomber managed to get on an airplane despite being on the Terror list.

Today, we ask how much we are willing to give in the name of safety. We ask if the full body scanners and the enhanced pat downs of all airline passengers are really necessary and how much dignity we will give up to protect ourselves in the War on Terror. We asked how long this War on Terror will be.

This is a conversation about what started it all, all those controversies that it has caused, how it has affected us and the world.

Rules

- If you think the purpose of the thread is stupid, or you can't handle it, just ignore it and let it fall out of use.
- Please be polite; no name-calling.
- Remember that some families of 9/11 victims are not opposed to asking questions or theorizing about it.
- Don't be Anti-Semitic. If you plan to unearth some conspiracy involving Isreal, please have proof and do not be inflammatory.
- I would highly encourage you to not use articles written on PrisonPlanet or Infowars; instead use the links and materials it cites if you plan to use it for your argument.
- I would highly encourage you not to invoke Godwin's Law; this is not Nazi Germany.
- I would highly encourage you not to talk about extraterrestrials, Revelations or Armageddon.

I open this debate not to shout accusations, so we can ask questions. One of those questions being, how big of a nutjob is SunnyC?

The day it becomes impolite or stupid to ask a question about something we care about is the day that we are not allowed to care. If you never know truth, then you never know love.

I give you the floor.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
If your argument is based around WTC 7, like I said with all the conspiracies, it has been debunked. Popular Mechanics has looked into it, and explained how it happened.

Popular Mechanics said:
Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom—approximately 10 stories—about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out." NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7's upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST's analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of "progressive collapse," a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or "kinks," in the building's facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building's failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. "What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors," Sunder notes, "it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down."

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building's other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: "Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time."

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors—along with the building's unusual construction—were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/debunking-911-myths-world-trade-center#wtc7

Popular Mechanics is a magazine featured in American Schools, it is over 50 years old, they did massive in depth investigation into all of the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories and were able to prove each one false.

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Okay, I have another question for you.

It fell in 6.5 seconds, completely and not even incrementally. You watch it fall and it looks extremely like a demolition and not something becoming compromised and thus crumbling. This is the question.

Why did BBC report that Building 7 collapsed at 4:50 EST, with the visual behind it of Building 7 still standing, until it finally collapsed at 5:20? If FEMA's preliminary report said there was relatively light damage, how would anyone predict it would fall a half an hour beforehand? And why when BBC was questioned about their advance knowledge, did they claim that they had lost all three copies the British government requires them to keep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc

Fox News did the same thing, but only a minute or two before it actually collapsed. Apparently several news outlets knew so much about the structural damage of the building and the window of when it might fall, that there were eager to report that it had fallen before actually confirming it did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWKtO_xXsk&feature=related

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Let's see 9/11/2001, I was 14 at the time.... Well I know one thing, the whole solid truth for this is never going to come out, the one's responsible will never be brought to justice cause they're sitting in their fancy homes here in America and we don't want to bring them justice, we're out looking for an imaginary dude named Bin Ladin, but for some reason we let him go for a moment while we went to Iraq instead and you all know the rest of the story.
As far as asking questions, it's right to ask them, questioning your country may be unpatriotic or treason to most Americans, but knowing truth is greater than those. If you want to close your eyes and cover your ears after you've heard only 1 satisfying side of the story that's your right to do it. If you want to look at it from different views that's even better.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Or this one

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=376374&highlight=9/11

Which ended with: Yeah typical 9/11 topic. <insert idiot> gets organs ripped out by BigLutz.

We're finished.

Or this one

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=365557&highlight=9/11

Which ended with: BigLutz isn't a conspiracy retard, idiot. You seriously need to be put in a white jacket. On a further note, if you had read the rules, conspiracy threads aren't permitted. Who's the troll?

And there have been many more before the search function craps out.

Dude...chill. You can rip the internal organs out of my thread if you want. You can push it until Ethan deems it dumb and bans it. Which is the basic rule on threads by the way, I DID indeed read the current rules. It doesn't say that now. The thread I opened is a conversation and not an accusation so it's not a conspiracy theory. I find 9/11 relevant to almost a third of our talking points here on SPPF. If conspiracy threads weren't allowed, we'd have to throw out the aspartame and HFCS threads too. I don't care that much.

If I'm wrong I'm fine about learning from you. You are a fine debator and I have always respected you despite a few things. Speaking of which, I have moved your victorious account of how you conquered threads before to this thread so we wouldn't spam up the TSA debate any further, which I assumed you'd do in the first place.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Okay, I have another question for you.

It fell in 6.5 seconds, completely and not even incrementally. You watch it fall and it looks extremely like a demolition and not something becoming compromised and thus crumbling. This is the question.

Debunked as well, as well with science to prove it.

http://www.911myths.com/WTCREPORT.pdf

Why did BBC report that Building 7 collapsed at 4:50 EST, with the visual behind it of Building 7 still standing, until it finally collapsed at 5:20? If FEMA's preliminary report said there was relatively light damage, how would anyone predict it would fall a half an hour beforehand? And why when BBC was questioned about their advance knowledge, did they claim that they had lost all three copies the British government requires them to keep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc

Fox News did the same thing, but only a minute or two before it actually collapsed. Apparently several news outlets knew so much about the structural damage of the building and the window of when it might fall, that there were eager to report that it had fallen before actually confirming it did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWKtO_xXsk&feature=related

This has been debunked by the BBC itself which states what happened, and since their explanation covers information given to other news outlets on a day of mass confusion it would cover Fox News as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/03/part_of_the_conspiracy_2.html

Objections to the "Official Story"

You know, when I saw that BigLutz had posted a response on the other thread, I suspected a new debate might start.

I feel it will be important to mention the individual pieces of evidence you have cited for disbelieving the "official story," along with some response.

1. The claim that we knew beforehand
    When you first mentioned this in the Mosque-N-More debate, your source was a book called Everything You Know Is Wrong. That is not critical thinking.
    If other nations told us about this, then that argues against this being orchestrated by the government. Think about it: There's a big difference between, "Somebody's going to attack you on 9/11," and, "We know what you're plotting to do on 9/11."
    And if this is such excellent evidence, why did that book feel the need to include that vague and inaccurate second-grader who talked about "World War 3" starting on 9/11?

--​
  2. The fact that it was on 9/11 is suspicious because 9-1-1 indicates emergencies in the U.S.
    Because this is such a well-kept American secret, right? I've heard that some Canadians who've watched American police dramas have actually asked Canadian police officers why they didn't read them their Miranda Rights! Foreign-born terrorists can easily find out that 9-1-1 is the number to call in emergencies--especially if they spend any amount of time living here.
    --​
  3. It doesn't make any sense that terrorists would attack a nuclear superpower
    The terrorists are just not as impressed by our nuclear strength as you have guessed. After all, we can't nuke what we can't find. They're smart enough to figure that out.
    --​
  4. It's hard to believe terrorists could overpower the staff, crew, and pilot using only box cutters
    My family owns some box cutters. They might not be as dangerous as knives, but we do have to be careful with them. I have no doubt box cutters could injure me, or if someone wanted to, kill me.
    --​
  5. It is strange that terrorists would be able to fly accurately
    It isn't at all unusual that they could fly accurately considering the fact that they trained for flight.

I don't want this to sound wrong, but I'd like you to acknowledge the weakness of each of the above objections to the "official story."

There was one other piece of evidence that was...different. I'd like to discuss that in the future, but for now, I'm done. (Took me long enough!)

---------
I give you the floor.
Thank you! Would you be so kind as to tell me where to find matching walls and perhaps a ceiling to go with it? (More humor to come.)

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Please hold your rebuttals to this post until I can upload the responses to BigLutz and make sense of the HTML of TFP's list.

You know, when I saw that BigLutz had posted a response on the other thread, I suspected a new debate might start. I feel it will be important to mention the individual pieces of evidence you have cited for disbelieving the "official story," along with some response.

Yeah, I started it so he could see what a nutjob I was. I feel bad for not living up to his standards of nuttiness though. I don't believe every question I pose to him, I've just read about it.

1. The claim that we knew beforehand
    When you first mentioned this in the Mosque-N-More debate, your source was a book called Everything You Know Is Wrong. That is not critical thinking.
  1. And if this is such excellent evidence, why did that book feel the need to include that vague and inaccurate second-grader who talked about "World War 3" starting on 9/11?

1. Really now, TFP? Caius is wearing a blue shirt. I hate blue. Therefore, Caius is not a man.

Everything You Know Is Wrong is an anthology of articles by historians and sociologists. The editor, Russ Kick, gave it that title so that it would sell. Otherwise, the articles cover a variety of "nonconformist" topics such as the the dangers of TV, the misrepresentation of domestic abuse statistics (sounds like another controversial debate) the perks of being vegan and the sociology of keeping pets, and the problem of Bikini Atoll, an island that has never recieved due compensation for the nuclear testing there. I've used articles from this anthology that you say lacks critical thinking in the Homeschooling debate, relating to the history of schooling in the U.S.

Basically, it has no agenda or certain direction except to pose unpopular knowledge, which as you may have experienced is not always wrong. It only goes into 9/11 as its closing act to keep you reading, when it just lists off cited claims (in a Bibligraphy at the end) about all the countries that went on alert and warned the U.S. in the week of 9/11.

If other nations told us about this, then that argues against this being orchestrated by the government. Think about it: There's a big difference between, "Somebody's going to attack you on 9/11," and, "We know what you're plotting to do on 9/11."

Well, if I was making the concrete claim the entire U.S. government did it, you'd have a point. Even if I did, there's a difference besides what the U.S. government does, and what it does with its lesser known assets, let's say for the benefit of the the "even if I was saying that" argument, Al Qaeda. If there was a connection between the CIA and Al Qaeda, for example, that would be harder to trace than a complicated movement by the entire government. Other countries would just warn the U.S. about Al Qaeda's movements and few would be the wiser.

--​
    [*]The fact that it was on 9/11 is suspicious because 9-1-1 indicates emergencies in the U.S.
    Because this is such a well-kept American secret, right? I've heard that some Canadians who've watched American police dramas have actually asked Canadian police officers why they didn't read them their Miranda Rights! Foreign-born terrorists can easily find out that 9-1-1 is the number to call in emergencies--especially if they spend any amount of time living here.

Fair enough.

--​
    [*]It doesn't make any sense that terrorists would attack a nuclear superpower
    The terrorists are just not as impressed by our nuclear strength as you have guessed. After all, we can't nuke what we can't find. They're smart enough to figure that out.

That's fair enough too, after all, us developing into a paranoid police state doesn't matter very much to a jihadist, does it? Except for making life harder, I suppose.

--​
    [*]It's hard to believe terrorists could overpower the staff, crew, and pilot using only box cutters
    My family owns some box cutters. They might not be as dangerous as knives, but we do have to be careful with them. I have no doubt box cutters could injure me, or if someone wanted to, kill me.
    --​

The sheer quantity of terrorist : people still doesn't add up to me.
  2. It is strange that terrorists would be able to fly accurately
    It isn't at all unusual that they could fly accurately considering the fact that they trained for flight.

I don't want this to sound wrong, but I'd like you to acknowledge the weakness of each of the above objections to the "official story."

Done on two of them. After all, you'd like this to be a normal debate where losses and wins are counted and my cavalier atttitude does not follow that. Consequently, I'm somewhat sorry.

Thank you! Would you be so kind as to tell me where to find matching walls and perhaps a ceiling to go with it? (More humor to come.)

Hahahaha...ha.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Everything You Know Is Wrong is an anthology of articles by historians and sociologists. The editor, Russ Kick, gave it that title so that it would sell. Otherwise, the articles cover a variety of "nonconformist" topics such as the the dangers of TV, the misrepresentation of domestic abuse statistics (sounds like another controversial debate) the perks of being vegan and the sociology of keeping pets, and the problem of Bikini Atoll, an island that has never recieved due compensation for the nuclear testing there. I've used articles from this anthology that you say lacks critical thinking in the Homeschooling debate, relating to the history of schooling in the U.S.

Basically, it has no agenda or certain direction except to pose unpopular knowledge, which as you may have experienced is not always wrong. It only goes into 9/11 as its closing act to keep you reading, when it just lists off cited claims (in a Bibligraphy at the end) about all the countries that went on alert and warned the U.S. in the week of 9/11.

Well, if I was making the concrete claim the entire U.S. government did it, you'd have a point. Even if I did, there's a difference besides what the U.S. government does, and what it does with its lesser known assets, let's say for the benefit of the the "even if I was saying that" argument, Al Qaeda. If there was a connection between the CIA and Al Qaeda, for example, that would be harder to trace than a complicated movement by the entire government. Other countries would just warn the U.S. about Al Qaeda's movements and few would be the wiser.

The problem is countries going into high alert does not suddenly mean any of those countries had inside knowledge of what was going to happen. The U.S. Government admits that there was a high amount of chatter out there, and that they did not have the resources or infrastructure in place to deal with the influx of data. They, like many other countries knew that something was up, they knew something had been up for months, but didn't know where or when. The common belief was that the attack was going to happen on July 4th. That came and went with out a attack. And then the belief was that it would happen in Europe or at one of our embassies or at a U.S. base aborad like what happened in 1998 and 2000, that did not happen obviously. Not to mention Russia had been sable rattling lately, and the U.S. and NATO was focused on that.

Of course the biggest warning was the murder of one of our allies in the Afghanistan Rebellion. He even warned us that if he died, we would know they would be coming after us.

But that doesn't suggest a conspiracy by any nature, or that the Government had reliable foreknowledge of the attack that they could acted upon. Mainly because of the infastructure Clinton sat up before to deal with terrorists, and what was thankfully dismantled via the Patriot Act. Agencies could not communicate really, information from the CIA could not go to the FBI or local law enforcement, and vice versa. So everyone had small pieces of a large puzzle, but no one could share those pieces or knew where they fit.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Nobody had any inkling that "Project Bojinka" was underway, like those countries were warning? Wouldn't that be a large enough puzzle piece to put the WTC on warning and not have about fifty war games that day, diverting resources from the scene?

Edit: Damn the scoliosis pain I already got Zinn off my shelf, I'm going to have to bend over to get Everything You Know is Wrong off to examine the accounts for Project Bojinka specifically...

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Nobody had any inkling that "Project Bojinka" was underway, like those countries were warning? Wouldn't that be a large enough puzzle piece to put the WTC on warning and not have about fifty war games that day, diverting resources from the scene?

Edit: Damn the scoliosis pain I already got Zinn off my shelf, I'm going to have to bend over to get Everything You Know is Wrong off to examine the accounts for Project Bojinka specifically...

Okay, I have to ask and this is in all honesty. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Operation Bojinka was a 1995 plot by KSM to explode FOREIGN Airplanes crossing the ATLANTIC as well as murder the President and the Pope.

It failed because

A: The trial bomb on a flight to Japan only succeeded in killing a Japanese man, not bringing down the plane.

B: A fire at the apartment of the terrorists alerted authorities to what they were up to, including detailed plans of the plot.

KSM is a genius, not a idiot, he is not going to try the same plan twice, especially when every western nation has a detailed plan about the plot. Now lets play make believe, and say that the U.S. was warned by countries ( Of which you did not name or provide any proof ) that Operation Bojinka was happening. The U.S. is not going to warn the World Trade Center, they are going to warn foreign airports to screen for bombs on flights coming into the U.S. as well as up the President's security. In other words it would have done NOTHING to stop 9/11.

As for the War Games I believe I made that perfectly clear in my last post. Russia was saber rattling, they were playing their own set of war games off of the Alaskan coast. Furthermore, such war games would not have taken our resources away. We have more than one set of fighter jets, it isn't like we moved every fighter jet from the east coast to Alaska.

INFACT you could say that the war games prove it WASNT a conspiracy, because since they were going on, the military command staff was already in place running simulations, thus they were able to quickly switch over from simulation to real world, much faster than having to call everyone in and get everyone set up.

My New Groove

Please hold your rebuttals to this post until I can upload the responses to BigLutz and make sense of the HTML of TFP's list.

^_^

I just found out how to have much more fun debating!

(I'm kidding.)

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Glad you're having fun, TFP.

Debunked as well, as well with science to prove it.

http://www.911myths.com/WTCREPORT.pdf

That's good evidence then, that there doesn't have to be thermite in the building. I actually took the time to read the whole report, even though I was talking about Building 7, and this pdf you've provided is about building's one and two. I will gladly expand the subject then. So when I read this, I continously see the language of them saying "well for the official story to be true, we think that, ___..." and them constructing a realistic scientific argument to match their claim. I read it, and it was enough to make me believe that the towers would collapse that way, even without the jet fuel. It's not the same thing as proving that they did.

Constructing a model that matches your claim is standard, as long as it doesn't leave anything major out, like the molten metal found in the wreckage. NIST explicitly says it didn't investigate it, or test it for thermite after the demand to consider a controlled demolition scenario.

Some 200 technical experts—including about 85 career NIST experts and 125 leading experts from the private sector and academia—reviewed tens of thousands of documents, interviewed more than 1,000 people, reviewed 7,000 segments of video footage and 7,000 photographs, analyzed 236 pieces of steel from the wreckage, performed laboratory tests and sophisticated computer simulations of the sequence of events that occurred from the moment the aircraft struck the towers until they began to collapse.

NIST’s findings also do not support the “controlled demolition” theory since there is conclusive evidence that (1) the collapse was initiated in the impact and fire floors of the WTC towers and nowhere else...

On the other hand - Architects for Truth has 1387 architects questioning the progression of this and other investigations into 9/11, as of now - and even after NIST's report, the least they can do be given some respect for their work, preferably not the "tinfoil hat" treatment by the public, and hopefully attention from the authorities, if not some respect for their of our nation, but the grievances of these families whose fears have not been put to rest yet, and the comprehensive rectification of this damnable attack.

The burden of proof, of course, is on them - but 1) this isn't a formal debate, and 2) it's a first come first serve sort of thing, the metal has all been transported, the evidence on all aspects of the attacks are now only enshrined in documents, so without cooperation and the release of some of this burden, which is not done in formal settings, it's not necessarily that 9/11 skeptics have no case, it's just that it's near impossible for them for them to put together a case and present it in a medium in which you would accept.

Now, I can understand the molten metal in WTC1 and WTC2 from the jet fuel - but why was it under Building 7? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIU6ZxYU3A I've also seen claims that the white smoke billowing from the bottom of the WTC was a result of the reaction of nanothermite. http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/thermite/explosive_residues.html Then again, the smoke coming out of the floors has been said to be compressed air exploding forth violently - but eyewitness accounts saw them as explosions of actual debris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaTjhYaEis&feature=watch_response What about this recent video concerning firefighters testifying about secondary explosions in the WTC2?

This is not simply a case of whether the towers could have fallen without explosives, but whether explosives were there or not.

Again, I regularly research conspiracy theories, the ones I prefer to ascribe merit to, and I maintain that I take both this forum and the alternative media with a grain of salt... I apologize if I've annoyed the crap out of you by engaging in it, but you never have to respond.

This has been debunked by the BBC itself which states what happened, and since their explanation covers information given to other news outlets on a day of mass confusion it would cover Fox News as well.

So here is BBC is trying to clear up the confusion about why all these stations reported the collapse of Building 7 early. This is a separate anomaly from the conspiracy theories that have arose from it, and deserves to be given attention, so this is not a "debunking". Even if it was, BBC can't "debunk" conspiracy theories involving itself. Second, I'm looking at the article which preceded this one, and saw this:

BBC said:
Our reporter Jane Standley was in New York on the day of the attacks, and like everyone who was there, has the events seared on her mind. I've spoken to her today and unsurprisingly, she doesn't remember minute-by-minute what she said or did

Please forgive me if I see a contradiction in the two claims that Standley had the events "seared on her mind" and yet "unsurprisingly she doesn't remember minute-by minute what she said or did".

Now let me jump to the article you did cite. This article does nothing except use the confusion and ignorance defense, say that "obviously we wished we had kept the videos!" even though again, I question exactly why they can simultaneously muse on the impact of that day, how they all remember it so well, and then flip flop, and say how the day was so hectic they can't rememember anything, and, "Oh, but we didn't bother to preserve the BBC World videos from that day." September 11th was A BIG DEAL even the day after it happened - regular people saved their newspapers as collectors items, regular people put their clips on YouTube, yet BBC World News, the original owner of the clip, the world news coming from the internationally relied on Great Britain, the premire reference for historians of the future, was just...lost?

And then the author gets into semantics, noting that their reporters made it clear they "believed" the Soloman Building came down, but in the clip I provided, it was "We are recieving confirmation..."

No debunking happened there. It was more pleading people to stop badgering them, and those in the comments did not even like it.

Especially since the article doesn't even mention Standley, who later in the night as she was being questioned about the surrounding buildings, just...said something odd, like "shutup" or "nada" and the feed stopped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqAHhTWEH0 (Please ignore the prolonged presentation of music...I don't like it either.)

And if this is such excellent evidence, why did that book feel the need to include that vague and inaccurate second-grader who talked about "World War 3" starting on 9/11?

Since you, TFP, have taken up issue with this book being a credible source, I will include the bibliographical citations for you.

Congressionally-Mandated Reports Warned of Terrorism and Bin Laden in the US.

Worldnet Daily said:
Dec. 2000 [nine months beforehand], a committee appointed by Congress-the Advisory Panel to Access Domestic Response Capabilities for Terrorism Involving Weapons of Mass Destruction - released its second annual report. It flatly stated: "...a terrorist attack on some level inside our borders is inevitable..."

September 10th, 2001 a Congressional Research Service issued a report... "Signs continue to point to...a rise in the scope of threat posed by the independant network of exiled Saudi dissident Osama Bin Laden...the network wants to strike within the United States itself."

- Defense Department Commissioned Reports Warned Of Attacks on U.S.

London Guardian said:
Chartered by the Department of Defense...the U.S. Commission on National Security...a former CEO of Lockheed Martin, a retired general and former NATO commander, the president of the CFR, a former Secretary of Defense and Director of the CIA, a former US Ambassador to the UN, and many others. They spent several years traveling to 25 countries, interviewing over 100 experts...which was completely ignored. Their first report, released on September 15th, 1999, flat out warned: "Americans will likely die on American soil, possibly in large numbers." The Commission's final report, released on March 15, 2001, was...even more emphatic...one of the Senators who headed the Commission mentioned the possibility of "a Weapon of Mass Destruction in a highrise building" to a reporter from the London Guardian.

Since it was threatened beforehand, and there was precedence of the WTC being attacked, it was apparent that the WTC was a major target and it should have stood out amongst the chatter!

The problem is countries going into high alert does not suddenly mean any of those countries had inside knowledge of what was going to happen. The U.S. Government admits that there was a high amount of chatter out there, and that they did not have the resources or infrastructure in place to deal with the influx of data. They, like many other countries knew that something was up, they knew something had been up for months, but didn't know where or when. The common belief was that the attack was going to happen on July 4th. That came and went with out a attack. And then the belief was that it would happen in Europe or at one of our embassies or at a U.S. base aborad like what happened in 1998 and 2000, that did not happen obviously. Not to mention Russia had been sable rattling lately, and the U.S. and NATO was focused on that.

Of course the biggest warning was the murder of one of our allies in the Afghanistan Rebellion. He even warned us that if he died, we would know they would be coming after us.

But that doesn't suggest a conspiracy by any nature, or that the Government had reliable foreknowledge of the attack that they could acted upon. Mainly because of the infastructure Clinton sat up before to deal with terrorists, and what was thankfully dismantled via the Patriot Act. Agencies could not communicate really, information from the CIA could not go to the FBI or local law enforcement, and vice versa. So everyone had small pieces of a large puzzle, but no one could share those pieces or knew where they fit.

Now for instances of other countries actively warning us and not simply "being on high alert", here we go:

- Russia Media Warned of a Huge Destablizing Attack on the US

London Guardian said:
During the summer of 2001, the Russion media were abuzz with talks of some kind of "attack" against the US that would destablize and topple the U.S. economy. While speaking at a conference focusing on the financial collapse of the U.S., Dr. Tatyana Korygina - who works for a division of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development - gave an interview to the newspaper. (...) it is hard to understand how a this could happen in the the first and richest country in the world - without a war, without missle or bomb strikes?" She cryptically replied, "there are other kinds of weaponry, much more destructive ones."

- Israel Warned the US

Daily Telegraph of London said:
Isreali intelligence officials say that they warned their counterparts in the U.S last month that large-scale terrorist attacks on highly visible targets was on the American mainland were imminent... The Telegraph has learnt that two senior experts with Mossad were sent to Washington in August to alert the CIA and FBI...

- German Intelligence Says the US Knew Beforehand of Attacks

Stafford Ned said:
According to the highly respected German newspaper Frankfurther Allgermaine Zeitung, members of German Intelligence confirmed that US, UK, and Israeli intelligence agencies has indeed picked up on the plot by Muslim terrorists to highjack jetliners and crash them into US landmarks. (Israel was targeted as well.) Using the global snooping system such as Echelon, these countries knew at least three months in advance about the 9/11 attacks.

Surely, multiple mediums of U.S. intelligence caught this claim on the Russian media. And if they didn't, they probably could have caught on when the Mossad experts went to Washington to talk directly with the CIA and the FBI. But then again, according to Germany, they knew three months before the Mossad warned them!

It's been said that the attack on the WTC symbolized the economy of the first world. So it would be a commonsense deduction then, that Korygina's comments could be applied to the WTC, which had been a target before. And her suggestions that other sorts of weaponry would be used could have easily been put together by someone possessing all the technology, resources, manpower, and authority in the world with the previous scenarios of using airplanes as weapons. Such as:

- Security at the 1996 Olympics - "From July 6 through the end of the Games on Aug 11, the FAA banned all aviation within a one-mile radius of the Olympic Village that housed all the athletes." says the Times.

- Plane Terror at the G8 Summit - Security at the event was tight and included surface-to-air mssiles, as well as the shutting down of airspace all over the city....Italy's Defense Prime Minister (...) revealed the actual reason (...) Italian intelligence had uncovered a plan to assasinate President Bush by crashing a hijacked commercial airliner either into Air Force One or one of the buildings being used in for the summit. According to three sources - Deputy Prime Minister Fini, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, and Russian President Vladimir Putin's bodyguard service - the threat to kill Bush (and possibly other leaders came from none other than Osama Bin Laden.

Or the general prediction of using planes as warfare, such as http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-04-18-norad_x.htm

USA Today said:
In the two years before the Sept. 11 attacks, the North American Aerospace Defense Command conducted exercises simulating what the White House says was unimaginable at the time: hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets and cause mass casualties. One of the imagined targets was the World Trade Center.

And indeed it was blatantly lied on the news everywhere that crashing planes into a building was completely unimaginable, even all open-source documents point to such an event happening.

Not to mention the war games on the day of September 11th involved the hijacking of planes, even if it was about "the former Soviet Union" or whether or not you argue that it helped that day or not that war games were taking place.

Wikipedia said:
Out of a range of scenarios being run on September 11, 2001, one was a "traditional" simulated hijacking.[6]

Which evidently, whether it should help or not, it didn't, because there was no response or action taken in aerospace over two highly valuable and two highly endangered targets until the first plane, which had already veered off its course, hit.

Wikipedia: Vigilant Guardian said:
On page 17 of the 9/11 Commission Report when Boston center calls NEADS (Northeast Air Defense Sector), the response from NEADS was "is this real world or exercise?". According to the 9/11 Commission's staff statement No. 17,[1] for instance, page 26 of the Commission's final report documents FAA's report of a "phantom flight 11" at 9:21,[2] 35 minutes after the real flight 11 crashed into the WTC and even longer after the war games are alleged to have been aborted.

... (takes a break)

So TFP, you still want to claim using an anthology of articles, all which have citations from major newspapers, just because of it's name, is not critical thinking? These are all of the warnings I was alluding to. (Besides Wikipedia.)

Now, if anyone is arguing that 9/11 was perpetrated by the government, which I am not at the moment, they would connect Al Qaeda with the U.S. via the old annoying argument that Al Qaeda was created by the CIA, and in accordance with the official consensus that it was not or at least, only having evidence about Bin Laden, they would report "We know what Bin Laden is going to do" which, they did, not "We know what you're plotting to do on 9/11."

My claim as it stands, in relation to this point, with the evidence I have provided, is, "The government knew 9/11 was going to happen, the location, the perpetrator, and the timeframe."

As for Project Bojinka, is it possible there were two separate instances of the evolution of the project? It states on Wikipedia that this project, which was dedicated to "destroying two Satans; the Vatican and America."

I'm not actually using this as a conclusive piece of evidence in my claim, I'm just using it to explain why I identified it as Project Bojinka...considering the unprofessional nature of terrorist attacks, would it be surprising to identify more than one attack as an instance of that plan? I don't know.

- The Phillipines Warned the US

Washington Post/Knight Rider News Service said:
...authorities in the Phillipines uncovered Project Bojinka, the radical Muslim plot to ram hijacked jets into American landmarks and to blow up eleven or twelve US airliners in two days. They turned over this information to the FBI. It is not known what, if anything, the feds did with it. A Washigton Post reporter in the Phillipines wrote: "Watching the attacks in New York and Washington unfold on tlevision earlier this month, an investigator gasped, "It's Bojinka." He said later: "We told the Americans everything about Bojinka. Why didn't they pay attention?

And how do they miss all the sources just from the open press leading up to it, and the precedence?

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
That's good evidence then, that there doesn't have to be thermite in the building. I actually took the time to read the whole report, even though I was talking about Building 7, and this pdf you've provided is about building's one and two. I will gladly expand the subject then. So when I read this, I continously see the language of them saying "well for the official story to be true, we think that, ___..." and them constructing a realistic scientific argument to match their claim. I read it, and it was enough to make me believe that the towers would collapse that way, even without the jet fuel. It's not the same thing as proving that they did.

Constructing a model that matches your claim is standard, as long as it doesn't leave anything major out, like the molten metal found in the wreckage. NIST explicitly says it didn't investigate it, or test it for thermite after the demand to consider a controlled demolition scenario.

Because the thermite scenario, which by the way has already been tested by other sources is idiotic. Lets not forget that for there to thermite in the building, enough to bring it down, would have taken a massively large scale team of contractors to knock down the walls to the beams in the building, pack the thermite in, and then replace the walls. These walls in many cases would only be accessed by going into commercial areas of the building and would have taken months to accomplish. The very logic of the situation demands that would have been impossible to do with out some one catching on.

On the other hand - Architects for Truth has 1387 architects questioning the progression of this and other investigations into 9/11, as of now - and even after NIST's report, the least they can do be given some respect for their work, preferably not the "tinfoil hat" treatment by the public, and hopefully attention from the authorities, if not some respect for their of our nation, but the grievances of these families whose fears have not been put to rest yet, and the comprehensive rectification of this damnable attack.

Really? How many architects there are actual respectable architects? What degrees do they have? What buildings did they work on? How many high rises have the worked on?

The burden of proof, of course, is on them - but 1) this isn't a formal debate, and 2) it's a first come first serve sort of thing, the metal has all been transported, the evidence on all aspects of the attacks are now only enshrined in documents, so without cooperation and the release of some of this burden, which is not done in formal settings, it's not necessarily that 9/11 skeptics have no case, it's just that it's near impossible for them for them to put together a case and present it in a medium in which you would accept.

Except as "9/11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction" on the History Channel has shown through their documentary, the situation can be recreated, including burning Thermite to see if it would melt or damage steel.

Now, I can understand the molten metal in WTC1 and WTC2 from the jet fuel - but why was it under Building 7? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIU6ZxYU3A I've also seen claims that the white smoke billowing from the bottom of the WTC was a result of the reaction of nanothermite. http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/thermite/explosive_residues.html Then again, the smoke coming out of the floors has been said to be compressed air exploding forth violently.

I have already shown you that a fire war burning inside of building 7 for hours on in. Such a natural gas fire burning for such a long period of time would be enough to cause damage to the steel in the building.

What about this recent video concerning firefighters testifying about secondary explosions in the WTC2? This is not simply a case of whether the towers could have fallen without explosives, but whethers explosives were there or not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaTjhYaEis&feature=watch_response

Hearing a building beginning to compact on you would sound just like a explosion. If I hear a large rumbling followed by crashing floors from above it would sound like a explosion to me as well.

Again, I regularly research conspiracy theories, the ones I prefer to ascribe merit to, and I maintain that I take both this forum and the alternative media with a grain of salt... I apologize if I've annoyed the crap out of you by engaging in it, but you never have to respond.

I will respond to any nut job thing you say, and so far you have said alot.

So here is BBC is trying to clear up the confusion about why all these stations reported the collapse of Building 7 early. This is a separate anomaly from the conspiracy theories that have arose from it, and deserves to be given attention, so this is not a "debunking". Even if it was, BBC can't "debunk" conspiracy theories involving itself. Second, I'm looking at the article which preceded this one, and saw this:

Please forgive me if I see a contradiction in the two claims that Standley had the events "seared on her mind" and yet "unsurprisingly she doesn't remember minute-by minute what she said or did".

You can have the actual events seared in to your mind, but no one is going to remember minute by minute details. Especially years afterwards. BBC provided a reliable explanation to it, and so far we can accept that as fact unless you wish to jump even further into your tin foil hat stupidity.

Now let me jump to the article you did cite. This article does nothing except use the confusion and ignorance defense, say that "obviously we wished we had kept the videos!" even though again, I question exactly why they can simultaneously muse on the impact of that day, how they all remember it so well, and then flip flop, and say how the day was so hectic they can't rememember anything, and, "Oh, but we didn't bother to preserve the BBC World videos from that day." September 11th was A BIG DEAL even the day after it happened - regular people saved their newspapers as collectors items, regular people put their clips on YouTube, yet BBC World News, the original owner of the clip, the world news coming from the internationally relied on Great Britain, the premire reference for historians of the future, was just...lost?

Everyone was a bit loss that day, there was wild sources of information coming in that made it onto the air. Multiple sources quoted there being a car explosions at the Mall in Washington DC outside of the State Department I believe, that turned out to be untrue. Also it is not a flip flop, they can say the reporter does not remember minute by minute details, but they can look into what information was coming in and draw reliable conclusions.

And then the author gets into semantics, noting that their reporters made it clear they "believed" the Soloman Building came down, but in the clip I provided, it was "We are recieving confirmation..."

No debunking happened there. It was more pleading people to stop badgering them, and those in the comments did not even like it.

Those in the comments are just as bad in the Tin Foil hat crowd as yourself, and as the article says they were receiving reports that the building was about to fall. Now you are the one getting into semantics.

Especially since the article doesn't even mention Standley, who later in the night as she was being questioned about the surrounding buildings, just...said something odd, like "shutup" or "nada" and the feed stopped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqAHhTWEH0 (Please ignore the prolonged presentation of music...I don't like it either.)

So a exhausted reporter, on one of the largest days in history, in which nerves are fried gets ****** and moves on and that is news?

Since you, TFP, have taken up issue with this book being a credible source, I will include the bibliographical citations for you.

- Congressionally-Mandated Reports Warned of Terrorism and Bin Laden in the US.

- Defense Department Commissioned Reports Warned Of Attacks on U.S.

The attacks were warned of, just as numerous attacks are warned of on a daily basis to the President. That being said there was no credible information of where, when, or how it would happen. I have repeatedly said that they had large amounts of chatter coming in but no way to decipher it.

Since it was threatened beforehand, and there was precedence of the WTC being attacked, it was apparent that the WTC was a major target and it should have stood out amongst the chatter!

That is a rather idiotic assumption. Los Angelas airport and Time Square were both targets of al Qaeda in 2000 in failed attacks. Not to mention US Embassies were also targets more recently than the 1993 attacks.

Now for instances of other countries actively warning us and not simply "being on high alert", here we go:

- Russia Media Warned of a Huge Destablizing Attack on the US

And again is this any different than the large amount of chatter coming in during this time?

- Israel Warned the US

Same question as before.

- German Intelligence Says the US Knew Beforehand of Attacks

Funny when searching for the Washington Post article there was absolutely no hint of it, care to link directly to the article? Or say the German original?

Surely, multiple mediums of U.S. intelligence caught this claim on the Russian media. And if they didn't, they probably could have caught on when the Mossad experts went to Washington to talk directly with the CIA and the FBI. But then again, according to Germany, they knew three months before the Mossad warned them!

And again as I said multiple times, the U.S. knew there was a large amount of chatter coming in. Yet between the Clinton Firewall, and the lack of ability to take the information in and put the pieces together there was no way to figure out exactly what was happening.

It's been said that the attack on the WTC symbolized the economy of the first world. So it would be a commonsense deduction then, that Korygina's comments could be applied to the WTC, which had been a target before. And her suggestions that other sorts of weaponry would be used could have easily been put together by someone possessing all the technology, resources, manpower, and authority in the world with the previous scenarios of using airplanes as weapons. Such as:

Not really, there could be multiple places to attack in and outside of the U.S. that would hurt our economy, including Time Square and Wall Street.

- Security at the 1996 Olympics - "From July 6 through the end of the Games on Aug 11, the FAA banned all aviation within a one-mile radius of the Olympic Village that housed all the athletes." says the Times.

That tends to be reasonable for any large sporting event.

- Plane Terror at the G8 Summit - Security at the event was tight and included surface-to-air mssiles, as well as the shutting down of airspace all over the city....Italy's Defense Prime Minister (...) revealed the actual reason (...) Italian intelligence had uncovered a plan to assasinate President Bush by crashing a hijacked commercial airliner either into Air Force One or one of the buildings being used in for the summit. According to three sources - Deputy Prime Minister Fini, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, and Russian President Vladimir Putin's bodyguard service - the threat to kill Bush (and possibly other leaders came from none other than Osama Bin Laden.

Mind posting a actual source for this? Only thing the links are showing is a link to your nut job book.

And indeed it was blatantly lied on the news everywhere that crashing planes into a building was completely unimaginable, even all open-source documents point to such an event happening.

Which is true, as much as the Pentagon will war game and have plans for everything. Any normal person, or even a elected person would look at the attacks of September 11th, and see the attacks as unimaginable. Mainly because are ideas of terrorism before that time was a person bailing out at the last second, and letting the bomb explode such as what happened at Oklahoma City.

Which evidently, whether it should help or not, it didn't, because there was no response or action taken in aerospace over two highly valuable and two highly endangered targets until the first plane, which had already veered off its course, hit.

Because as shown by the timeline, the military was not really informed at what happened until after the first plane had hit. After it was determined to be a terror attack and not some idiot piloting a small plane into a building. Jets were scrambled, but because pilots were trained to anticipate a attack coming from over seas and not from inside of the country, valuable time was lost.

So TFP, you still want to claim using an anthology of articles, all which have citations from major newspapers, just because of it's name, is not critical thinking? These are all of the warnings I was alluding to. (Besides Wikipedia.)

Because so far the only thing you have established is the U.S. knew something was up, that is something no one is denying and something even I have stated repeatedly.

Now, if anyone is arguing that 9/11 was perpetrated by the government, which I am not at the moment, they would connect Al Qaeda with the U.S. via the old annoying argument that Al Qaeda was created by the CIA, and in accordance with the official consensus that it was not or at least, only having evidence about Bin Laden, they would report "We know what Bin Laden is going to do" which, they did, not "We know what you're plotting to do on 9/11."

It is good you are not going into the old debunked argument that al Qaeda was working with or had worked with or was created by the CIA. That being said you are making the massive and rather stupid leap of logic in going from "We knew there was alot of chatter" to "We knew what was going to happen"

My claim as it stands, in relation to this point, with the evidence I have provided, is, "The government knew 9/11 was going to happen, the location, the perpetrator, and the timeframe."

Of which you have not shown in any way possible. No where in your links does it mention the WTC, the Pentagon, or the exact date of the attacks.

As for Project Bojinka, is it possible there were two separate instances of the evolution of the project? It states on Wikipedia that this project, which was dedicated to "destroying two Satans; the Vatican and America."

I'm not actually using this as a conclusive piece of evidence in my claim, I'm just using it to explain why I identified it as Project Bojinka...considering the unprofessional nature of terrorist attacks, would it be surprising to identify more than one attack as an instance of that plan? I don't know.

Again as I have said before, and which you either neglected to read or did not understand. Project Bojinka, BEFORE IT WAS SCRAPED. Was to explode planes over the Atlantic. AS WELL AS KILL PRESIDENT CLINTON AND THE POPE. The attacks were going to be a suicide bomber exploding near the pope, while another drives a Garbage Truck into Clinton's Motorpool and explode it. There is nothing, and I mean nothing to suggest the attack went beyond the planning stages after it was thrawted.

- The Phillipines Warned the US

And how do they miss all the sources just from the open press leading up to it, and the precedence?

Your source plays a bit liberally with the timeline, seeing as I noted that the attacks were discovered in 1995, not 2001. Furthermore as I have stated, if the U.S. were to take precautions against the Project it would be at international airports as it was international flights that would be the target.

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Because the thermite scenario, which by the way has already been tested by other sources is idiotic.

Here we go.

Lets not forget that for there to thermite in the building, enough to bring it down, would have taken a massively large scale team of contractors to knock down the walls to the beams in the building, pack the thermite in, and then replace the walls. These walls in many cases would only be accessed by going into commercial areas of the building and would have taken months to accomplish. The very logic of the situation demands that would have been impossible to do with out some one catching on.

Which is all fine and good, because I don't have the energy to go into an explanation for that and I didn't intend to until you brought it up.

Really? How many architects there are actual respectable architects? What degrees do they have? What buildings did they work on? How many high rises have the worked on?

Here are the profiles of all who signed the petition. http://www2.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php Here's one:
http://www2.ae911truth.org/profile.php?uid=980476

Bradley J. Marczuk / Engineer

Bachelor of Architecture - University of Oregon 1979
Master of Architecture - University of Washington 1986
Licensed in several states
Employed & self employed at several firms and have designed, produced construction documents, project admin. etc for a variety of large scale commercial projects including: hospitals, office buildings, medical facilities, warehouses, schools, apartments, retail spaces, auto dealerships and custom residential.
I have over 30 full time years employed in the architectural field.

Hearing a building beginning to compact on you would sound just like a explosion. If I hear a large rumbling followed by crashing floors from above it would sound like a explosion to me as well.

You're not two firemen, are you? Nor are you a first responder. See I can use the Argument to Authority in my favor as well.

I will respond to any nut job thing you say, and so far you have said alot.

I am bedridden on intense hip pain with time to kill. I have not even maintained a consistant opinion. What's your reason for sticking around and pouncing on me whenever you see a new post?

You can have the actual events seared in to your mind, but no one is going to remember minute by minute details. Especially years afterwards. BBC provided a reliable explanation to it, and so far we can accept that as fact unless you wish to jump even further into your tin foil hat stupidity.

They will remember years afterwards, if it is documented as our day to day routine and emergency systems dictate it as so, and if they hadn't lost the video.

Those in the comments are just as bad in the Tin Foil hat crowd as yourself, and as the article says they were receiving reports that the building was about to fall. Now you are the one getting into semantics.

Nah, it says it pretty clearly, a half an hour before it actually happened:

Now more on the latest buildings collapse, in New York you might have heard a few moments ago, you might have heard about the Solomon Brothers building collapse. And indeed it has. (...) Jane what can you tell us about the Solomon Brothers collapse?

So a exhausted reporter, on one of the largest days in history, in which nerves are fried gets ****** and moves on and that is news?

Your double standard for sympathy is astounding; you absolutely tear apart your opponent for not knowing what they're talking about, and then you selectively with sympathetc understanding apply "they were nervous, they didn't know, it was too chaotic, it was a long day". Of course that is news. Everything pertaining to 9/11 is news. It was a crime between nations. It's not like I'm advocating harassing the poor woman, but the feed was cut. She didn't gasp in exhaustion or ask for water. The sound cut out.

The attacks were warned of, just as numerous attacks are warned of on a daily basis to the President. That being said there was no credible information of where, when, or how it would happen. I have repeatedly said that they had large amounts of chatter coming in but no way to decipher it.

You repeated it, I provided a rebuttal, you don't know where to go from there so you're just stuck.

That is a rather idiotic assumption. Los Angelas airport and Time Square were both targets of al Qaeda in 2000 in failed attacks. Not to mention US Embassies were also targets more recently than the 1993 attacks.

Again...idiotic doesn't necessarily mean I'm not right. I put a conclusion together you refuse to acknowledge; because if you did I might get further in the debate. You're just gatekeeping, not actually debating me.

And again is this any different than the large amount of chatter coming in during this time? Same question as before.

It is part of the relevant chatter...and it satisfies my point that you and TFP shot down that other countries warned us.

Funny when searching for the Washington Post article there was absolutely no hint of it, care to link directly to the article? Or say the German original?

What the hell do you expect me to do, take a flight to Germany and search an archive? Why do you think I bought the book for? And copied copius amounts of the direct passages of it on here? You've responded to the other cited claims, did you look those up? The only reason you doubt this one claim and want to see the article is because it is damaging to your argument. So, no.

And again as I said multiple times, the U.S. knew there was a large amount of chatter coming in. Yet between the Clinton Firewall, and the lack of ability to take the information in and put the pieces together there was no way to figure out exactly what was happening.

The U.S. was participating in this chatter; you are slandering my argument. The Mossad took the information directly to the FBI and the CIA. Clinton being in office had nothing at all to do with it.

Not really, there could be multiple places to attack in and outside of the U.S. that would hurt our economy, including Time Square and Wall Street.

Yet, as I have said repeatedly - and yes I am mocking you - the WTC has been attacked before, and Bin Laden had said before he had ambitions to attack it.

Mind posting a actual source for this? Only thing the links are showing is a link to your nut job book.

You haven't discredited my nut job book except by calling it a nut job book, so eat that for now. It is a perfectly valid source.

Which is true, as much as the Pentagon will war game and have plans for everything. Any normal person, or even a elected person would look at the attacks of September 11th, and see the attacks as unimaginable. Mainly because are ideas of terrorism before that time was a person bailing out at the last second, and letting the bomb explode such as what happened at Oklahoma City.

So you are acknowledging that the news was giving a "normal person" picture of events and omitting certain things that would be evident from a historical or illuminated perspective. Undoubtedly you understand that the animosity toward the dumbing down of news or the ommision of open-source information for a democratic public fuels movements that are called conspiracy theorists. *cough*no*cough*

That kind of harkens back to my manufactured consent thread.

Because as shown by the timeline, the military was not really informed at what happened until after the first plane had hit. After it was determined to be a terror attack and not some idiot piloting a small plane into a building. Jets were scrambled, but because pilots were trained to anticipate a attack coming from over seas and not from inside of the country, valuable time was lost.

But, a sizable amount of chatter involved an attack from inside the nation.

Because so far the only thing you have established is the U.S. knew something was up, that is something no one is denying and something even I have stated repeatedly.

Well, I was half trying to validize my nutjob book. Think about it this way: if this is the chatter I have, in this book, then the U.S. had how many times that much "chatter"? And it's not like there weren't people involved in deciphering this chatter; if I could put together "economy + inside the United States + Bin Laden + former threat + officials as well as Mr. Rushdie being grounded in the two weeks up to the attack" imagine what someone who isn't a nutjob could do! In fact, perhaps a lack of imagination like mine was the problem with the intel up to 9/11. XD

It was recently in the Russian media that Wikileaks could have prevented 9/11 by opening sources, both American and foreign to the public; I rather agree.

It is good you are not going into the old debunked argument that al Qaeda was working with or had worked with or was created by the CIA. That being said you are making the massive and rather stupid leap of logic in going from "We knew there was alot of chatter" to "We knew what was going to happen" Of which you have not shown in any way possible. No where in your links does it mention the WTC, the Pentagon, or the exact date of the attacks.

No, I said it was a possibility, and when you have an entire government to prevent a possibility, you can simultaneously act to try to prevent several different possibilities at once. Don't twist my words and then bash them like that.

Again as I have said before, and which you either neglected to read or did not understand. Project Bojinka, BEFORE IT WAS SCRAPED. Was to explode planes over the Atlantic. AS WELL AS KILL PRESIDENT CLINTON AND THE POPE. The attacks were going to be a suicide bomber exploding near the pope, while another drives a Garbage Truck into Clinton's Motorpool and explode it. There is nothing, and I mean nothing to suggest the attack went beyond the planning stages after it was thrawted.

No, I read it and it took me a long time to figure out the discrepancy; I couldn't and so I asked you about it. Then you just blew up about it. I guess you don't want to answer the question of whether it could have mutated into two attacks.

Your source plays a bit liberally with the timeline, seeing as I noted that the attacks were discovered in 1995, not 2001. Furthermore as I have stated, if the U.S. were to take precautions against the Project it would be at international airports as it was international flights that would be the target.

This is about the only inconsistancy thus far that might make my book a nutjob book; but it was cited, and between a published popular seller VS Wikipedia, I'm going to give the book leverage. So I'm sure there is an explanation, and I guess I'll find it without your answering my question. Geez.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned

Again I ask: How many architects there are actual respectable architects? What degrees do they have? What buildings did they work on? How many high rises have the worked on?

A Online website and petition means nothing as it is liable to have fake names, or to have people sign up for others who have no clue they ar being used.

You're not two firemen, are you? Nor are you a first responder. See I can use the Argument to Authority in my favor as well.

I am providing a logical explanation on why many have said they heard explosions that day when the building was being attacked and or destroyed, and why those explosions have thus been proved false.

I am bedridden on intense hip pain with time to kill. I have not even maintained a consistant opinion. What's your reason for sticking around and pouncing on me whenever you see a new post?

Because I believe that Truthers are the scum of the Earth, that their belief borders on lunacy, and that the only way to stop them is to absolutely grind into the dirt any possible point they can make by using logic and fact.

They will remember years afterwards, if it is documented as our day to day routine and emergency systems dictate it as so, and if they hadn't lost the video.

So if I ask you what happened on 9/11 you would be able to provide a minute by minute account of what you did that day? No of course not, no human memory outside of a very few works that way.

Nah, it says it pretty clearly, a half an hour before it actually happened:

And again as the BBC article has said, they received reports that the building was about to go, and a variety of other wild reports in the time frame, with the 24 hour news cycle they went with the information or in this case the misinformation they were hearing. As I proved this was common that day.

Your double standard for sympathy is astounding; you absolutely tear apart your opponent for not knowing what they're talking about, and then you selectively with sympathetc understanding apply "they were nervous, they didn't know, it was too chaotic, it was a long day". Of course that is news. Everything pertaining to 9/11 is news. It was a crime between nations. It's not like I'm advocating harassing the poor woman, but the feed was cut. She didn't gasp in exhaustion or ask for water. The sound cut out.

And you don't think that the exhaustion from the reporter to everyone else on the news staff had fried nerves and was getting exhausted? By the way my opponent, has not just experienced a massively traumatic event and been reporting on it for more than 12 hours straight, so my sympathy for you and the reporter is vastly different.

You repeated it, I provided a rebuttal, you don't know where to go from there so you're just stuck.

Except your rebuttal lacks any accurate information other than what I have repeated.

Again...idiotic doesn't necessarily mean I'm not right. I put a conclusion together you refuse to acknowledge; because if you did I might get further in the debate. You're just gatekeeping, not actually debating me.

You are jumping to conclusions, you assume they would automatically return to one terror target, when more recent ones have been missed and were just as tempting. Your severe lack of knowledge of al Qaeda attacks continues to show.

It is part of the relevant chatter...and it satisfies my point that you and TFP shot down that other countries warned us.

There is a difference of warning about chatter, and having specific warnings about events.

What the hell do you expect me to do, take a flight to Germany and search an archive? Why do you think I bought the book for? And copied copius amounts of the direct passages of it on here? You've responded to the other cited claims, did you look those up? The only reason you doubt this one claim and want to see the article is because it is damaging to your argument. So, no.

Since you bring up specific articles I expect to examine those articles from those sources myself, how else do I expect them to be truthful in any way?

The U.S. was participating in this chatter; you are slandering my argument. The Mossad took the information directly to the FBI and the CIA. Clinton being in office had nothing at all to do with it.

He would have taken it to the CIA, as FBI would be more domestic law enforcement. That being said Clinton being or not being in office has everything to do with it, as Clinton set up a firewall between agencies that did not allow information sharing. The FBI could not share information with the CIA, and vice versa. Something I already stated. So if Mossad were to talk to the CIA about events, they could not share that information with the FBI.

Yet, as I have said repeatedly - and yes I am mocking you - the WTC has been attacked before, and Bin Laden had said before he had ambitions to attack it.

Except it wasn't Bin Laden that planned the attack, it was KSM.

ou haven't discredited my nut job book except by calling it a nut job book, so eat that for now. It is a perfectly valid source.

I havnt tried to discredit the book, that being said since it is using sources from other newspapers I am expecting to see articles from those newspapers to prove the source correct.

So you are acknowledging that the news was giving a "normal person" picture of events and omitting certain things that would be evident from a historical or illuminated perspective. Undoubtedly you understand that the animosity toward the dumbing down of news or the ommision of open-source information for a democratic public fuels movements that are called conspiracy theorists. *cough*no*cough*

That kind of harkens back to my manufactured consent thread.

No I am saying that the Pentagon war games everything, from Canada invading the United States, to Mexico deciding to fire hell fire missiles over the border. Such plans does not mean that those outside of the Pentagon from Administration officials, to Congressmen and women, to the everyday men and women of this country could see a attack like this happening.

But, a sizable amount of chatter involved an attack from inside the nation.

Really? Wish to provide links to that?

Well, I was half trying to validize my nutjob book. Think about it this way: if this is the chatter I have, in this book, then the U.S. had how many times that much "chatter"? And it's not like there weren't people involved in deciphering this chatter; if I could put together "economy + inside the United States + Bin Laden + former threat + officials as well as Mr. Rushdie being grounded in the two weeks up to the attack" imagine what someone who isn't a nutjob could do! In fact, perhaps a lack of imagination like mine was the problem with the intel up to 9/11. XD

Except you are leaping to conclusions again. You have no idea what chatter they had deciphered in time or not. The Mr. Rushdie argument is as pathetic as many of your other arguments, as it has been shown that the reason they didn't want him to fly was exactly because of the chatter that had been happening for nearly a year, and didn't want anything to draw a terror attack.

It was recently in the Russian media that Wikileaks could have prevented 9/11 by opening sources, both American and foreign to the public; I rather agree.

That is a rather large assumption, seeing how it is based on the belief that Wikileaks could get their hands on the mountains upon mountains of chatter, and figure out exactly what was happening when the CIA and FBI was unable to do so.

No, I said it was a possibility, and when you have an entire government to prevent a possibility, you can simultaneously act to try to prevent several different possibilities at once. Don't twist my words and then bash them like that.

So what are they going to do? Shut down all aircraft coming into the nation and flying about the nation? Are they going to profile? Do they plan to shut down traffic around all possible targets as well? For how long? They believed that July 4th was the date of the attack, that came and went. How much longer after that should they place the nation on extremely high alert?

No, I read it and it took me a long time to figure out the discrepancy; I couldn't and so I asked you about it. Then you just blew up about it. I guess you don't want to answer the question of whether it could have mutated into two attacks.

I blew up because I was exhausted and I do appologise.

That being said, what we know of KSM, what we know of what happened that day, and what they were planning afterward the answer is no. After everything went down with Project Bojinka, KSM went on to plan the next attack, not reconstruct one that had already failed.

This is about the only inconsistancy thus far that might make my book a nutjob book; but it was cited, and between a published popular seller VS Wikipedia, I'm going to give the book leverage. So I'm sure there is an explanation, and I guess I'll find it without your answering my question. Geez.

It is not just Wikipedia I am citing in what happened here, you also have Path to 9/11, KSM testimony, and the 9/11 commission report that shows what happened. Your book tends to ignore facts in favor of fantastic conspiracies.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Again I ask: How many architects there are actual respectable architects? What degrees do they have? What buildings did they work on? How many high rises have the worked on?

A Online website and petition means nothing as it is liable to have fake names, or to have people sign up for others who have no clue they ar being used.

Um, that is perfectly correct, but that's why I provided that one profile for you, as a sample; it says he has worked on designs for archetecture of hospitals and other buildings. They do have one attribute in each profile that says "Verified", and I suppose there are probably some that say "Unvarified" - my guess is that they are investigated before being counted in the petition. The association has reached such coverage that they have appeared on Geraldo at Large and then Judge Napoliteno (sp?) over BuildingWhat? Otherwise, the risk factor is that it is probably just like the an online petition you would expect.

I am providing a logical explanation on why many have said they heard explosions that day when the building was being attacked and or destroyed, and why those explosions have thus been proved false.

It states on the Architect for Truth website that multiple people witnessed flashes along with these "booms" - again I'll get to your "what the hell are you talking about, please expound on that" tomorrow. I can probably dig something up.

Because I believe that Truthers are the scum of the Earth, that their belief borders on lunacy, and that the only way to stop them is to absolutely grind into the dirt any possible point they can make by using logic and fact.

Where does this animosity come from? Did Truthers hold you captive and rob your house? *joke*

So if I ask you what happened on 9/11 you would be able to provide a minute by minute account of what you did that day? No of course not, no human memory outside of a very few works that way.

Well, I would have earlier down the road and if I'd kept a professional account of events, like I'd expect BBC to - I think that was the point I was making, I would still have that account and expand upon it. Myself, I remember coming out of my bedroom for a snack from homeschooling, seeing my mother come home from a poetry reading and telling me about it. Then my other mother, cause we were all left-wing and gay-friendly like that, told me she was gonna get her friends together and attack Bin Laden back to make me feel better. In the next few days later my mother's paleo-conservative/right wing poets bombareded us with e-mails saying that 9/11 was an inside job - yeah it took only a couple of days, ten years ago. They thought that Bush stole the election, and that the attack was a setup to to invade the Middle East and steal their oil. And then I went to art school that weekend and we made a paper mache model of the globe and drew a heart that pointed to New York. <3

And you don't think that the exhaustion from the reporter to everyone else on the news staff had fried nerves and was getting exhausted? By the way my opponent, has not just experienced a massively traumatic event and been reporting on it for more than 12 hours straight, so my sympathy for you and the reporter is vastly different.

Like I said, she didn't look exhausted to me. It looked more like a technical difficulty, perhaps her words were cut out, because she just stared at the anchor.

You are jumping to conclusions, you assume they would automatically return to one terror target, when more recent ones have been missed and were just as tempting. Your severe lack of knowledge of al Qaeda attacks continues to show.

What are your credentials on knowing what Al Qaeda is doing?

Since you bring up specific articles I expect to examine those articles from those sources myself, how else do I expect them to be truthful in any way?

I don't understand why you would believe them to be a lie when you didn't question the others.

There is a difference of warning about chatter, and having specific warnings about events.

Given what you said about Clinton's firewalls, which I find fascinating, would you say the CIA is a lightweight about collecting information and putting it together? Or, I guess the president just didn't have the opportunity or time to listen to them?

No I am saying that the Pentagon war games everything, from Canada invading the United States, to Mexico deciding to fire hell fire missiles over the border. Such plans does not mean that those outside of the Pentagon from Administration officials, to Congressmen and women, to the everyday men and women of this country could see a attack like this happening.

I'll come back to this; I mean, the articles you've denied would actually provide proof for this point, I think I will actually search for the German article or something else containing the claim. Sorry for not doing that right now.

Really? Wish to provide links to that?

The passages I provided you with said that directly. I could provide you with more passages tomorrow, perhaps.

Except you are leaping to conclusions again. You have no idea what chatter they had deciphered in time or not. The Mr. Rushdie argument is as pathetic as many of your other arguments, as it has been shown that the reason they didn't want him to fly was exactly because of the chatter that had been happening for nearly a year, and didn't want anything to draw a terror attack.

- San Fransisco's Mayor and Multiple FAA Warnings:

San Fransisco Chronicle said:
San Fransisco Mayor Willie Brown was scheduled to fly on the morning of September 11th. The night before, he recieved a call telling him to be very careful about flying. Though Brown had tried to downplay the warning, he recieved it around 10 PM Pacific time - not exactly buisiness hours, indicating the warning could be considered urgent. Further adding to the mystery, the mayor refuses to say exactly who warned him, referring only to "my security people at the airport". When the assistant deputy director of the San Fransisco Airport was contacted, he admitted that the FAA had issued two or three security wartnings in the past two months. Too bad none of the people on the four flights had been apprised of these multiple warnings.

This is, in addition to Salmon Rushdie, and it's probably due to the chatter.

That is a rather large assumption, seeing how it is based on the belief that Wikileaks could get their hands on the mountains upon mountains of chatter, and figure out exactly what was happening when the CIA and FBI was unable to do so.

True.

So what are they going to do? Shut down all aircraft coming into the nation and flying about the nation? Are they going to profile? Do they plan to shut down traffic around all possible targets as well? For how long? They believed that July 4th was the date of the attack, that came and went. How much longer after that should they place the nation on extremely high alert?

See, this puts me in a tight spot which I can appreciate and makes me directly contradict my common beliefs. Essentially my conclusion would be to advocate all the afterthoughts and regulations and tighter security Bush and Obama have advocated; I would wish we could do it during that time of increased chatter, to prevent it and extinguish it, and not for all eternity afterwards in regret. If I am truly wrong and I wish I am, then eventually we will defeat Al Qaeda, and the wars will end.

I blew up because I was exhausted and I do appologise.

That being said, what we know of KSM, what we know of what happened that day, and what they were planning afterward the answer is no. After everything went down with Project Bojinka, KSM went on to plan the next attack, not reconstruct one that had already failed.

It is not just Wikipedia I am citing in what happened here, you also have Path to 9/11, KSM testimony, and the 9/11 commission report that shows what happened. Your book tends to ignore facts in favor of fantastic conspiracies.

It does favor fantastic conspiracies, but this is the only fact so far I've seen it ignore.

Okay BigLutz, you have been an excellent opponent but I need to retire for the night. I appreciate your gusto in cleaning the scum of the earth, so I might bring back other arguments eventually. That, and sometimes I learn something cool from you. Otherwise, I don't mean to act so annoyed or defensive about this debate, I am in fact having fun.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
9/11. Hm, i'm still alive. And i'm happy about life. So, anyways, it's a coincidence because i'm doing a report on it. This is some good information.
Man, I was 3 when this happened, I can vaguely rememember such a tragedy, I only knew about it when I turned 7 or 8. Really, I can't believe I was alive at that time, yet so very young.

BigLutz

Banned
Um, that is perfectly correct, but that's why I provided that one profile for you, as a sample; it says he has worked on designs for archetecture of hospitals and other buildings. They do have one attribute in each profile that says "Verified", and I suppose there are probably some that say "Unvarified" - my guess is that they are investigated before being counted in the petition. The association has reached such coverage that they have appeared on Geraldo at Large and then Judge Napoliteno (sp?) over BuildingWhat? Otherwise, the risk factor is that it is probably just like the an online petition you would expect.

And I believe Geraldo was blasted quite a bit for it, that being said when you reach down to the verified you probably limit the numbers quite a bit, when you add in those that have the actual building experience to make such a assumption the number probably drops even more. Put that up against the architects who believe 9/11 was brought down by jets, and there is no contest.

It states on the Architect for Truth website that multiple people witnessed flashes along with these "booms" - again I'll get to your "what the hell are you talking about, please expound on that" tomorrow. I can probably dig something up.

Of which could easily be explained by jet fuel pouring down the elevator shafts.

Where does this animosity come from? Did Truthers hold you captive and rob your house? *joke*

No, I hold the same belief for the same idiots that believe the Holocaust is fake.

Well, I would have earlier down the road and if I'd kept a professional account of events, like I'd expect BBC to - I think that was the point I was making, I would still have that account and expand upon it. Myself, I remember coming out of my bedroom for a snack from homeschooling, seeing my mother come home from a poetry reading and telling me about it. Then my other mother, cause we were all left-wing and gay-friendly like that, told me she was gonna get her friends together and attack Bin Laden back to make me feel better. In the next few days later my mother's paleo-conservative/right wing poets bombareded us with e-mails saying that 9/11 was an inside job - yeah it took only a couple of days, ten years ago. They thought that Bush stole the election, and that the attack was a setup to to invade the Middle East and steal their oil. And then I went to art school that weekend and we made a paper mache model of the globe and drew a heart that pointed to New York. <3

So far you are talking in broad generalities, not specific minute by minute accounts. Again can you tell me what happened every minute of that day?

Like I said, she didn't look exhausted to me. It looked more like a technical difficulty, perhaps her words were cut out, because she just stared at the anchor.

You are making a assumption, you also do not know how the Producer felt at the time, nor do you know how any of the other staff in the technical room felt.

What are your credentials on knowing what Al Qaeda is doing?

I have spent numerous years reading up on 9/11 and doing debates with Tin Foil hat idiots. I have read numerous books on it such as "Losing Bin Laden", "102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers", the 9/11 Commission Report, the movie based off the 9/11 Commission report, as well as numerous documentaries such as the one I mentioned two posts ago.

I don't understand why you would believe them to be a lie when you didn't question the others.

Because articles can easily be taken out of context, or even changed from their original form. Seeing how your book's credibility is in question and has already gotten one thing wrong, I have a right to view the original source material.

Given what you said about Clinton's firewalls, which I find fascinating, would you say the CIA is a lightweight about collecting information and putting it together? Or, I guess the president just didn't have the opportunity or time to listen to them?

The CIA was not prepared for the inundation of information they got, if that makes them a lightweight or not that is up for anyone to decide. But it has been documented and proven they could not keep up and figure out the massive amount of information they got in. Also while it was called the Clinton firewall, the President didn't have any actual contact with it other than originally setting it up.

The passages I provided you with said that directly. I could provide you with more passages tomorrow, perhaps.

Then you can provide a link to a actual source material, and not just a book that has already been shown to be incorrect.

- San Fransisco's Mayor and Multiple FAA Warnings:

This is, in addition to Salmon Rushdie, and it's probably due to the chatter.

Funny outside of your book I cannot find any mentioning of this article either, this is beginning to become a pattern.

See, this puts me in a tight spot which I can appreciate and makes me directly contradict my common beliefs. Essentially my conclusion would be to advocate all the afterthoughts and regulations and tighter security Bush and Obama have advocated; I would wish we could do it during that time of increased chatter, to prevent it and extinguish it, and not for all eternity afterwards in regret. If I am truly wrong and I wish I am, then eventually we will defeat Al Qaeda, and the wars will end.

Yet how many times do we have increased chatter and nothing comes out of it? There have been numerous instances over the past 10 years where the CIA has talked about receiving increased chatter but nothing happening after wards.

Now it is easy for us to now say "Well they should have done this, and done that" but they had been recieving this chatter for a while, and the large date * July 4th * had come and past. You combine that with a bit of arrogance in our part, and you have to wonder how long they would keep the security measures up when the next large event wouldnt be till Thanksgiving.

Okay BigLutz, you have been an excellent opponent but I need to retire for the night. I appreciate your gusto in cleaning the scum of the earth, so I might bring back other arguments eventually. That, and sometimes I learn something cool from you. Otherwise, I don't mean to act so annoyed or defensive about this debate, I am in fact having fun.

You are a wonderful opponent that I have looked up to some times, which is why I am wondering why you are so adament in your belief of this. That being said, really I would say for me 9/11 Conspiracies are as bad as Holocaust conspiracies. I am sure both you and I can find those that believe the Holocaust didn't happen as nauseating and disgusting, if so you can understand my hate for 9/11 conspiracies.

And I do apologise again for losing my temper earlier today, when you have been up since 3 in the morning, tact is not one of the first things in mind.

Last edited: