• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

9-11 Regional Report

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Chicago regs, woo. I plan to go fairly with this new archetype, Scraps, in the new format. As usual, I expect GB's being pretty dominant (I ended up playing none /)_-) So I make some pretty odd choices. Fortunately, they worked out against many other decks. Whole store ended up being full, 184 people.

But the owners were extremely organization this time around, we all got coupons to a pizza place nearby, that was cool. Moving on~

Round 1
Scrap vs Black Garden

1: I get Garden'd, but then I Black Rose with the tokens he gave me, setting a BTH when he has one card in hand. I'm at 1600. He tops MST, then Miracle Fertilizer wins it for him.

2: Cactus Bouncer + Black Garden = me being afraid to summon anything ever

0-1 The guy was cool and went on to top 8, don't know how he did.

Round 2
Scrap vs Anti-Meta

2: Deck checked, and he got a game loss which led us here. Way to deck check the last table in the room which we were at. :v Went Scrap Dragon shenanigans on him and won. We played out a third game, which I was okay with. It ended up being pretty good, but I still won it. He just wanted some closure on it.

1-1

Round 3
Scrap vs Inmato Control/Salvo thing

1: Sat at the wrong table, due to a table marker being switched, so I got a small look at the deck when he was shuffling. Figured it wouldn't be too bad, and it wasn't. He does end up using Mark of the Rose for game though.

2: Don't remember much, but I turn it around thanks to the side deck. Destroyed my stuff with his Scrap Dragon, so yeah~

3: We go into overtime, and I exhaust his options and win.

2-1

Round 4 (4-6 may or may not be swapped around due to my bad memory, but it doesn't make a difference)
Scrap vs Twilight

1: He beats me, pretty much.

2: Side in Kycoo, Bottomless a Lyla that would've milled him 2 Wulfs- which he ended up drawing- and win.

3: He got a swarm, but I was holding Reborn and Dark Hole from turn 1-2, so I Scrap Dragon swarmed him.

3-1

Round 5
Scrap vs X-Sabers

1: Make good pushes and win.

2: The E-Calls I sided in were chained to, by his E-Call. Ow.

3: We go into overtme, and I manage to live by holding onto the Gorz and Fader in my hand. I drop Gorz, leaving me just a tiny bit higher than him in points- Got him down to 1900 in my third turn with Dragon + Chimera + Beast after a Trap Stun I stalled out for. In turn 4 he Goyo's my Gorz, Brio's my field, and gets Faultroll shenanigans- I drop Fader and after just looking at his field for a while, concedes. Realizes he should've gotten rid of my hand before the field. Ironically that Gorz he stole clogged up the field too much for Gottoms, I think.

4-1 Guy was awesome, we both agreed we had a great match.

Round 6
Scrap vs Blackwings

1: Deck check! I get a game 1 loss for writing Black Rose instead of Stardust- so I replace my two Stardusts with Black Roses. Not too peeved, never really summoned him anyway.

2: I make tiny pushes, forcing an early Kalut. Scrap Dragon comes back over and over.

3: Double Scrap Dragons looping the hell out of him. Can't do anything about it.

5-1

Round 7
Scrap vs Anti-Meta

1: Ew I hate this. Banisher messes me up, then he gets Rai-Oh and I can't do anything. Too much backrow.

2: Too much backrow still, except now there's a Breaker that kept running into my Juju's, lol. Kind messed that up in hindsight~

5-2

Round 8
Scrap vs Disaster Dragon

1: One of the most fun matches of the day. Fortunately I know my way around the deck so I have an idea of what to do. I get passed LaDD, BARELY, this guy keeps using Book at the end of chains to resest the dang thing. I rage ugn. Finally I manage to get out Scrpa Dragon, and ram it to clear the way.

2: Even more fun- turns out he runs Scrap Dragon, which lets me plus off his destroying mine. Eventually he has like, 2 REDMD and a Scrap against my single Goblin. So I Chimera > Beast > Dragon, set a backrow to kill a REDMD, then ram Scrap into his other REDMD, summon Golem, who summons Goblin, then another Dragon, which kills the Goblin and his Scrap Dragon. I get out another next turn, and it's too much for him. I summoned Scrap Dragon 5 times that game- good thing I recycled him plenty.

So I finish 6-2 and make 17th out of an enormous 184 people. Get my invite, and no longer have to worry about topping this format. Nice.

And now for ze list:

3 Scrap Chimera
3 Scrap Beast
3 Scrap Goblin
1 Scrap Golem
3 GK Spy
2 GK Guard
1 GK Descendant
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

3 Scrapstorm
2 Scrapyard