1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

9 Team Members, Who Goes?

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Marill, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Marill

Marill Boulder Trainer

I need some help defeating the E4, well the champion really. I've battled them three times. The first two times I got to Bronzong and it finished me off pretty quickly, I didn't have any fire moves to help me and other moves barely did anything. I went to the Move Tutor after my second loss and taught Drapion Fire Fang.

Third time round I got to the Champion. My levels were between 49 and 52. Long story short, she owned my butt several times (I saved b4 it). Thanks to help over at BulbaGardens I decided to change my team since I now had the National Dex. I'm now torn between 9 perfectly ok (in my eyes) team members.

Please help me choose who to keep and/or change move wise. Their moveset's been altered since my defeat, thanks again to other peoples suggestions. The bottom three are my newbies, hence the low level and movesets :p

Torterra @Big Root (51) (m)
    - Earthquake
    - Giga Drain
    - Synthesis
    - Wood Hammer

Gastrodon @Wise Glasses (50) (f)
    - Surf
    - Mud Bomb
    - Waterfall
    - Water Pulse

Drapion @Black Glasses (50) (f)
    - Poison Fang
    - Crunch
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Fang

Staraptor @Sky Plate (52) (m)
    - Fly
    - Aerial Ace
    - Endeavor
    - Close Combat

Luxray @Quick Claw (50) (f)
    - Thunder Fang
    - Shock Wave
    - Crunch
    - (empty due to forgetting Strength)

Lucario @Fist Plate (50) (m)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Close Combat
    - Aura Sphere
    - Drain Punch

~new
    Glaceon @Icicle Spear (23) (m)
    - Avalanche
    - Icy Wind
    - Quick Attack
    - Sand Attack/ going to replace with Hail, I don't plan on it getting to 60's anytime soon

Kirlia @Odd Incense (23) (f/ was after a male for Gallade)
    - Confusion
    - Magical Leaf
    - Double Team
    - Lucky Chant

Quilava @Heat Rock? (23) (m)
    - Flame Wheel
    - Ember
    - Dig (egg move)
    - Sunny Day

Staraptor and Torterra are definites as they were the most useful against the champ. The others were pretty good against the E4 itself, but tend to not last long against the champ. Out of the new three I'm thinking Gardevoir/Kirlia to go, unless I teach it some special attacks. I still have Reflect/Light Screen TM's unused, not sure who's the best one to teach it to. Any suggestions? :)

2. darthpichu

darthpichu Active Member

you definitly need quilava beacuse that will save you some pokemon on the 4th eletie 4

3. Prominence

Prominence Well-Known Member

Level up your Pokémon some more.

4. LonesomeDiamond

LonesomeDiamond Oh! Yeah

Torterra
    Adamant/Impish
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Curse/Leech Seed/Synthesis

Gastrodon
    Modest
    Surf
    Mud Bomb
    Ice Beam
    Recover

All these are scary bad!

drapion
    Adamant/Jolly
    Cross Poison
    Crunch/Night Slash
    Ice fang
    Swords Dance

all of your 10% increase items need to go(black glasses, plates and such....wise glasses are the best i see here....)

Staraptor
    Adamant/Jolly
    Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    U-turn
    Return/Fly

Luxray
    Adamant
    Spark
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang/Thunderwave
    Crunch

Lucario
    Modest/Timid
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind

Lucario
    Adamant/Jolly
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge/EQ
    Crunch
    Swords Dance

No glaceon....its very meh...

Gardevoir
    Modest/Timid
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
    Calm Mind

Typhlosion
    Modest/Timid
    Flamethrower/Eruption
    Focus Blast
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    ^use this.

5. Marill

Marill Boulder Trainer

Thanks for the replies everyone. Its took me so long to reply as Serebiiforums keep timing out on this computer. Weird.

I've followed some of the earlier advice. Brave Bird is back on Staraptor, and Gastrodon has Muddy Water. Not so sure about giving a poison move to a ground type, I'll have to find another special move for it.

Do you mean Drapion's moveset, or the rest of the team lol.

What do you suggest instead?

I've got way too many items :s

Doesn't Luxray need to be bred to get those fang moves?

I do like Glaceon so far to be honest. I need an ice type against Garchomp, I don't want to risk a dragon cos it'll never be trained to be a higher level than it before this match. I do need a fire type yes. Staraptor and Torterra are musts. I'm just not sure who to get rid of after that: Gastrodon, Lucario, Kirlia/Gardevoir. Drapion might go, unless I really improve her moveset.

I put it on Luxray for a reason, she's so slow. I badly need two Quick Claws :/ I don't know who would need it the most.

Already on it. It's just hard to find good training spots. All I have is the last cave before the E4, the level 25's have the Exp Share swapped constantly (lucky Quilava's a traded one). Might do a search to see where the best training spots are. I just need to pick my team before going all out.
    Current: Torterra, Staraptor, Glaceon, Quilava, Luxray... (last one undecided)

Again thanks for the suggestions, they're very helpful. Especially with Gastrodon and Staraptor.