• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A 12 Year Old: Too Old For Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

empoleon1720

Is amused.
Dang man, the advice is working. One kid backed off and said, "You know what, I'll get the game if you say it is good." Heck people, I'm sorry if any negative effects came out of this thread. It's just that, by the looks of some people's comments, they say thier schools are good and don't have that many bullies. To be honest, I couldn't imagine a school like that. It would be heaven for me. A friggin break already. People don't even play the games were spreading, "So-and-so likes pokemon." Therefore, I am the kid who would sit at the lunch table with nobody, until then. I have found alot of friends who like it, and I will be asking to sit with them. (assigned seats) Thanks for the help, It has been working nicely.

I think I have learned many things, they are; Don't give a crap about people who don't like it and make fun about you. To make it even more suspicious, they haven't even played the game. A pattern, unsurprisingly.
Play what you enjoy. It's your life. live it to your fullest. Games like these go under the section, 'entertainment', and entertainment goes under 'what happens in life'. They're all connected. I could not thank you guys any more, because the problem is solving. It's just that, schools with nasty kids, and a kid who wants to enjoy what he plays, sometimes won't match. Yet, it has, and it hadn't been solved before is because I forgot to stop letting it happen. Ignoring it wasn't as good as an option, that worked for me at least. You see, I'm not the tallest person, or the one who's the most perfect one, while others are. I'm the one who's picked on for ANYTHING I did wrong. Sad life. But the comebacks, reasons, all that has been working. I must thank you....

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Dang man, the advice is working. One kid backed off and said, "You know what, I'll get the game if you say it is good." Heck people, I'm sorry if any negative effects came out of this thread. It's just that, by the looks of some people's comments, they say thier schools are good and don't have that many bullies. To be honest, I couldn't imagine a school like that. It would be heaven for me. A friggin break already. People don't even play the games were spreading, "So-and-so likes pokemon." Therefore, I am the kid who would sit at the lunch table with nobody, until then. I have found alot of friends who like it, and I will be asking to sit with them. (assigned seats) Thanks for the help, It has been working nicely.

I think I have learned many things, they are; Don't give a crap about people who don't like it and make fun about you. To make it even more suspicious, they haven't even played the game. A pattern, unsurprisingly.
Play what you enjoy. It's your life. live it to your fullest. Games like these go under the section, 'entertainment', and entertainment goes under 'what happens in life'. They're all connected. I could not thank you guys any more, because the problem is solving. It's just that, schools with nasty kids, and a kid who wants to enjoy what he plays, sometimes won't match. Yet, it has, and it hadn't been solved before is because I forgot to stop letting it happen. Ignoring it wasn't as good as an option, that worked for me at least. You see, I'm not the tallest person, or the one who's the most perfect one, while others are. I'm the one who's picked on for ANYTHING I did wrong. Sad life. But the comebacks, reasons, all that has been working. I must thank you....

Well hell i'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Our little boy's all grown up guys. Sniff.

On a more serious note it's good you can take a more carefree approach to life now, and just enjoy it a little more. Must feel like a very heavy weight has been lifted?

Nikacho

"Oh, HER again."
Your younger than most of us, what makes you think you're too old? xD
EDIT: Your signature is so epic I can't speak, so instead I have to type.

1ee7leader

I'm 14 and I enjoy Pokemon games and the anime, and my best friend even plays the games( I only found out about a month ago :D). Some people see me and say it's 'that liitle girl who plays that Pikachu game'...GIRL!? WTF!!!!?.

So, what I am saying is that ignore what the idiots say, carry on playing the games, watching anime..etc...

lugia2000

Ruler Of The Sky
Play the game dude. I'm 12 too(GASPS! Although I'm much smarter than most of the people I know) and I play it with only 3 people who like it in my class.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Im 15 and i been playin pokemon from the start. I do have to deal with a few people saying pokemon is for little kids, but i always tell them, pokemon has strategy and alot of other stuff to it that many little kids won't get. And my parents sometimes ask me why i still play and i say because it's a fun game, but they don't get on my case that much about it. Other than that i have alot of friends who still play pokemon and most of them are older then me so i dont deal with alot of crap like others do.

Haxon22

iJerk
You should play the game. You should care what other people think about you, just be your own person bro

shinigami13

SoulSilver ftw!
All the scene girls in my school love Pokemon so there's no problem (I'm a Freshman) and come on you're twelve I'm 15 and there's no problem they're trying to seem older than they are. You're in what 6th grade it was the same when I was a 6th grader that's just the time when all the little start thinking they're too cool for the stuff they used to like, it will pass

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I'd just ask them if they knew what the main object of the game was. Nine times out of ten they won't know. Just let em know, "Hey, the D/P Game Cards hold four times as much data as the average DS card. Why spend so much time and money on making the game that large if it was meant for seven year olds?"

I also think that if you explain you don't just play for the visuals, e.g. the cute Pikachu, it'll help. Just don't try to argue that pokemon were drawn to look cool to all ages. They weren't.

Glad to hear that all these helpful people gave you advice for your situation empoleon1720. My only piece of advice I have to offer is be yourself and do what you can to ignore poeple who put you down over Pokemon. If you keep playing it you could end up being able to use logic in situations that others people wouldn't be able to do because you played a game that taught you such logic.

I didn't have much to offer, but I hope it was helpful.

donaghtlc

Dragon trainer
No way!!!!

Pokemon is for everyone! not "just for" anyone! like a 4 year old can catch heatran or go to nintendo event!!

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Pokemon is for anyone a 5 year old couldn't get a wifi conecter set up... Or know how to read.

Duran

tank'd
I'm almost 16 and I still play. I even told one of my friends that I was going to buy tickets to a concert but I forgot that I spent the last of my money on Pokemon cards. But pokemon'll always be fun to me no matter how old I am.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
I'll take some pictures of girls at my school that wear pokemon shirts at my school, send them over to you and you can show off hot girls who like pokemon. Or just ignore those people.

maliwoo22

Pokemon is definitely for everyone, because there is a lot of strategy involved.

eg. EV Training and catching legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.