• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A 3rd Installment Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMINAE

PKMN Master
Arceus is the only pokemon that really fits with Palkia and Dialga, plus you find the plates all over Sinnoh. Darkrai doesn't fit at all and really has nothing to do with the story, and you can already obtain all the spirit pokemon and Giratina, so it would just be stupid to make a third installment about any of them.

Also the wandering trio in gold/silver is Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. The two legendaries are Ho-oh and Lugia, and then Celebi fits in the last place, just like Arceus will for the third installment for Sinnoh.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
But that would mean it would have been stupid to make a third installment to Sapphire and Ruby because Rayquaza could already have been caught.
So then, besides a high demand, why would their be a need to create Pokemon Emerald? Even if Giratina could be caught, the simple reason that it doesn't fit in the story and because its a Dragon counterpart to Dialga and Palkia could be reason enough for Gamefreak to waste time on a third installment (with Giratina being featured).

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
maybe Darkrai, like in the 10th movie... but i think it will be Giratina

I think it will be Mesprit. Like the third one in 2nd gen the wandering trio dude will get a game
The ONLY reason Suikun was put on the cover of the game because there was NO third Pokemon to go with Lugia and Houou. Giratina has the most evidence of any Pokemon to be on the cover, so that's why it most likely will be the cover Pokemon.

MidnightStorm

I'm not sure what it will be, I mean if it is Mesprit, the box could be purple, not pink.

I'm led to believe that Darkrai might be possible, the 10th move, MD2...

Then there is Giratina... You see Dialga controls time, Palkia controls Space, we know that. So, to fit the stereotype (only from R/S/E) this 3rd Pokemon would have to control some realm or dimension. I think the Pokedex says that Giratina rules the cemetary, or something with the dead.

This is a bit convincing that Giratina is a possibility. Then again, who says Game Freak will do the same thing again... just because of the fact they did so in the 3rd generation.

All in all, we'll have to wait until an official announcement confirms the new game and its cover Pokemon.
MidnightStorm

Mynona

Wind Music
I thought it was going to be called Opal (or I thought Topaz, continuing with birthstones) even before I knew the etymology of Giratina's name. They seem to like keeping with traditions in the games, one of them being the third installment thing. The only reason Suicune starred in Crystal was because they probably created that generation's Pokemon without thinking of the third installment yet. So they'll probably shove Giratina into Opal like they shoved Rayquaza into Emerald.

And for the Pokedex, they'll either have it one space bigger, or somehow work Giratina into a Post-NationalDex event.

FireDragon100

O UM GEE I DUNO
How is it gonna be Mesprit? It already belongs in the legendary trio of sinnoh! Uxie, Azlef, MESPRIT.. well everyone mostly knew that..
I accually think Darkrai will be in the new game. Or maybe there won't be another ONE? How about TWO? Like R/B there came FR/LG, having two diffrent versions but in the same region. So, MAYBE there will be two games of Darkrai and Giratina or Darkrai and Arceus?
Like what Midnight Storm said about the info on Dialga, Palkia and Giratina..
There's Space, Time and then Death? HMMM.. and then again, you might not care what i'll type in next but here it is, they all are Dragon-Types...

FireDragon100

O UM GEE I DUNO
How is it gonna be Mesprit? It already belongs in the legendary trio of sinnoh! Uxie, Azlef, MESPRIT.. well everyone mostly knew that..
I accually think Darkrai will be in the new game. Or maybe there won't be another ONE? How about TWO? Like R/B there came FR/LG, having two diffrent versions but in the same region. So, MAYBE there will be two games of Darkrai and Giratina or Darkrai and Arceus?
Like what Midnight Storm said about the info on Dialga, Palkia and Giratina..
There's Space, Time and then Death? HMMM.. and then again, you might not care what i'll type in next but here it is, they all are Dragon-Types...

OMINAE

PKMN Master
But that would mean it would have been stupid to make a third installment to Sapphire and Ruby because Rayquaza could already have been caught.
So then, besides a high demand, why would their be a need to create Pokemon Emerald? Even if Giratina could be caught, the simple reason that it doesn't fit in the story and because its a Dragon counterpart to Dialga and Palkia could be reason enough for Gamefreak to waste time on a third installment (with Giratina being featured).

Well i never knew you could catch rayquaza in ruby and sapphire, my mistake.

Arceus - Creation
Dialga - Time
Palkia - Space

Giratina - because it's a ghost type people assume it's representing afterlife in a way, and because it's a dragon type people assume it links better with Dialga and Palkia, but doesn't the Creation, Time, and space all coincide with one another much better, and plus why would they give so much reference with the plates in the game. If they have Arceus as just an event pokemon to find in some room it would just be a waste of that pokemon's true meaning. Plus if you think about it Team Galaxy really fits in better with Arceus as well than Giratina.

OMINAE

PKMN Master
Well Arceus makes the most sense in my opinion is all I'm saying, but yeah if it is already an event pokemon it won't be it. Then again, you never know, maybe it's just an event pokemon for now.

Drkecho

Retired
Ok I compiled all the commets I said cause no one even paid attention to them so:

I highly doubt its going to be Darkrai or Mesprit most likely Giratina if you people read the stone behind where Giratina is fought you is that it talks about his area being the connection of two dimmensions and to me that sounds like it has more story behind it than Mesprit being a lake guardian though it would be cool if the main was Regigigas but I doubt that more than anything

Arceus would make more sense if he was in the story due to something like Galaxy obtaining a Heaven's Pipe and awakening him but when have they ever put an event Pokemon in a game. NEVER so it probally is Giratina

If they would put an event Pokemon as a main legend (Which I highly doubt) then it would be more of Aruseus due to the fact that it makes more sense into the story than Darkrai would. Remember Darkrai wasn't one of the 2 first Pokemon to be made. Darkrai controls nightmares while Aruseus is the God of all Pokemon. And Giratina makes sense to cause if you mix time and space together you can make another dimension. Remember Rayquaza in Ruby and Sapphire he wasn't even mentioned in the story then all of a sudden he's the new main box Pokemon? No, he had a hidden story that tied with it all. Even though Darkrai or Arsues would be cool Giratina would make the most sense. Anyways I don't think Darkrai was a gem of any kind. What I'm saying is that Movie/Anime = Little or no connection to games maybe the only ones were Yellow and Crystal.

Ok let me kill the whole Mesprit thing. First of all if Mesprit was the main story it would look exactly alike as D/P. Think about it for a few seconds. Mesprit dosen't seem that evil does it? Actully it watches over the hero if you read the text. Now think even harder wouldn't the plot be exactly the same, save world from Dailga/Palkia? Now I'm guessing most of you Mesprit believers have this in your mind "wElL cRysrtal HaD suicunE" well thats only because in Johto there were only TWO legendarys. Now how would they make a third game with 2 legendarys? Suicune was put because it was Nintendo's last resort, even if it was probally based on the anime sort of like Yellow. If they were to follow the whole Mesprit idea then I doubt Nintendo wouldn't have hesitated to make Latios and Latias in place of Rayquaza. And haven't you noticed that most main Pokemon have been master of something important Rayquaza=Sky Groudon=Land Kyogre=Sea Palkia=Space Dailga=Time Giratina=Underworld/Dimesions Ho-oh/Lugia=I forgot last time I checked emotion isn't even reconized as something important. And last but not least the jewel on Mesprit's head well hate to break it to you but Uxie and Azelf have the same EXACT gem on thier forehead. If you still don't realize then tell me what kind of gem is it?

Ok first to ^ Giratina controls diemensions not sprits it just lives in the underworld which means he is the exact oposite of Aruseus and maybe you should think about it, does nightmares have to do anything with Time or Space? Like I stated before when you put Time and Space together you can make another diemension. Think about it the story would be like Galactic summon both Palkia and Dailga and they begin to clash. But thus them being together diemensions start to twist and Giratina is awakened and brought and maybe Aruseus can make like a short apperance and never be seen again until you obtain the Azure Flute and it's data is not stored on your Dex similar to Emerald with the trio. Remember Galactic wants to start a new world by destorying but wants to get rid of the people before, I don't think nightmares have enough power to take out a whole region. And if you still don't belive me if the games were like the movies then why wasn't there a Deoxys and Rayquaza based one like the movie or a game about the three birds and Lugia like the movie. Also Giratina has realtions with the duo, they learn the moves at the same level and they have the same eyes and mask

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
that would be pretty sweet, if Cyrus messed up and instead of ressurecting Dialga or Palkia it would summon Giratina, but i doubt ull fight it, itll just appear and something something.......that makes sense for a 3rd installment

Shinin

Minimalist
that would be pretty sweet, if Cyrus messed up and instead of ressurecting Dialga or Palkia it would summon Giratina, but i doubt ull fight it, itll just appear and something something.......that makes sense for a 3rd installment

Why wouldn't you fight it? If it replaces Dialga and Palkia at that moment like you said, there'd be no legendary to battle there.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
You probably wouldn't have to fight Giratina because, like Pokemon Emerald, there would probably be this awe-inducing cutscene that shows Cyrus's plan being foiled by the legendary trio and then Giratina returning to his parallel demension. Everybody knows how Nintendo likes to repeat itself. Maybe it would have Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina appear at the same time and start fighting in this apocalyptic scene and then Arceus poping out of nowhere sending them all away to their respective demensions. Cyrus would then get angry at you and then intiate the final battle.(If you Nintendo-Internet spys are out there, if you use this story as a script for the climax, I want credit!)

Drkecho

Retired
You probably wouldn't have to fight Giratina because, like Pokemon Emerald, there would probably be this awe-inducing cutscene that shows Cyrus's plan being foiled by the legendary trio and then Giratina returning to his parallel demension. Everybody knows how Nintendo likes to repeat itself. Maybe it would have Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina appear at the same time and start fighting in this apocalyptic scene and then Arceus poping out of nowhere sending them all away to their respective demensions. Cyrus would then get angry at you and then intiate the final battle.(If you Nintendo-Internet spys are out there, if you use this story as a script for the climax, I want credit!)
Thats the exact same thing I just said

Status
Not open for further replies.