• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A 3rd Installment Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Yes, but you also put three paragraphs behind it.
Can you blame me? At least I made it shorter so people would actually read it...

Munchzel

Unorthodox & Proud!
Ok, this may sound EXTREMELY dumb, but what if the Pokemon on the cover of the game ISN'T a Legendary? Maybe the producers are deliberately setting everything up in favor of Giratina or Darkrai (maybe even possibly both) being the main Pokemon. Maybe it is possible that some other Pokemon (points to ;447;) that no one would expect [if someone else already said it I apologize because I am just too godforsaken lazy to read 20 pages of debating to find out if Lucario has already been mentioned by someone else as a candidate] or possibly our cute little friend Aipom. They might possibly bite off of the original game and give you Aipom and/or Pikachu as your starter in the image of how Ash started Sinnoh. You know what I'm saying? They always make everything extremely confusing for me, so I just ain't gonna care anymore. However, since I wrote too much already as it is, I might as well just post what I got anyways.

Zora

perpetually tired
I have learned that anime=/=games. Anyway who realized how arrogant I was back then should know that (with the Lucario debate)

Giratina has one advantage, which was probably been discussed. Space and time are demensions, and Giratina was said to be able to go inbetween demensions (dex entrees). That alone shows connections.

Darkrai was just thrown into the anime movie for whatever reason.

Munchzel

Unorthodox & Proud!
Like I said, I was too lazy to scroll through 20 pages of text just for the purpose of finding out if Lucario ;441; was already discussed before. (Slothfulness, who knew? Pink knew) [Don't ask]

Shinin

Minimalist
Like I said, I was too lazy to scroll through 20 pages of text just for the purpose of finding out if Lucario ;441; was already discussed before. (Slothfulness, who knew? Pink knew) [Don't ask]

Lucario isn't legendary so it won't be him, assuming you were bringing him up for the reason of discussing whether or not he'll be on the third version's box.

Admiral Neptune

Cosmical Commander
Why is there a Chatot there?

Mitja

Veteran smartass
holy freakin crap XDdDd

i stoped looking at this stupid thread like 2 months ago, as the posts were all the same.... and what do i see now? THERE STILL NOTHING CHANGED LOL

its so obviously giratina!11

they could have put giratina on the pearl box and all the posts here would say that palkia wont be on the box, because one of the stupid pixies will be...

arceus created 3 clones of itself, the legendary dimension pokemon:
-DIALGA time dimension
-PALKIA 3 dimensions of space
-GIRATINA dimension beyond this world aka hell if you like
then afterwards, arceus created 3 pixies (which share their head colors with the dimension pokes)

saying giratina is not in there is like:
ho-oh created entei and suicune
raikou is just some other legendary pokemon with no connection to the other

someone:"but GF would tell us that!!1"
me:"but they are saving the giratina story for the game featuring it, makes sense?"
why would they mention its role now, if they decided to make a game about it later?
isnt it strange that its so uninvolved in the plot?..........

everyone: "its time to break traditions and GF knows that, why do you think it will be like in RSE where there was a trio?"

kyogre and groudon are a duo
rayquaza is a stronger legendary which stops them from battling

groudon ground,black lines over its body, starts neverending sunny day
kyogre water, red lines, neverending rain dance
rayquaza dragon/flying, red black yellow lines, makes every weather effect useless

-rayquaza has 3different types of lines, instead of 1
-a secondary type
-an ability that negates the abilities of the other 2
-10 more total base stats
-stops the other 2 from destroying the earth surface

sounds like its superior to goudon and kyogre no?...

SO IN FACT THEY DONT REPEAT THIS
this time its incredibly obvious, because DIALGA PALKIA GIRATINA ARE A TRIO, what never happened before for the main legends

someone:"i'm sure it will be that running pixie like suicune was in crystal that makes alot of freaking sense =O"

in GSC there was no other choice than to put one of the legendary cats on the boxart, as there were no other non-event legis left
and because suicune fits for it as its more popular in anime than the other 2 (yellow had the pikachu following u from the anime)

and what would team galaxy want this stupid pixie for? muahaha lets catch the god of emotion!1 who cares about controling space or time.....

someone:"but what about darkrai?"
you seriously think its going to be an event pokemon?

everyone:"what exactly does it make so extremely obvious that giratina will be on the 3rd box?"

1.dragon as 2nd type
2.pressure ability
3.genderless
4.their names are derived from precious materials, end with A
5.base happiness 0
6.exp rate: 1250000
7.their attacklist lvls are the same and many attacks too:
- dragonbreath
- scary face
10 metal claw/water pulse/ominous wind (low attacks of their type)
20 ancient power
30 dragon claw
40 roar of time/spacial rend/shadow force (uber attacks of their type)
50 heal block
60 earth power
70 slash
80 flash cannon/aqua tail/shadow claw (strong attacks of their type)
90 aura sphere
8.they have the same dark faces and similar designed body structures and patterns
9.30720 hatch steps
10.give 3 evs of their best stat
11. cannot breed
12.BST 680
13.similar stat spreading:
100/120/120/150/100/90
90/120/100/150/120/100
150/100/120/100/120/90

they have atleast as many things common like all the other trios of legendaries

and the very interesting thing about this is that GF gave them primary types which should've been given to the 580 trio
before DP i analysed the trio types and saw the pattern with which i could figure out what types they'd use for the 4th gen trio:
ice/electric/fire (they chosed 3 types to start with)
electric/fire/water (as it would get really boring if they used ice/fire/elec all the time, so they decided to:
-use every type only twice
-max. gap of 1 gen for the same type
-add 1 or 2 types each gen
so they took away ice and made one water)
ice/rock/steel(fire and elec are done as they were used twice, so they dont appear in 3rd gen. so they took ice and 2 new types and left water for the next gen)
get it? =D
so for the 4th gen following the pattern these combos are possible:
water/rock/new
water/steel/new
water/new/new
now look at the primary types of the legendaries:
steel
water
ghost

i think that GF decided to make the trios stronger so they can easily use them for boxarts (yay new tradition X?)
the fact that they also made a regular 580 trio which are ALL psychic type, is like a sign that they wont make any 580 trios more, to me

we could go and try to predict the types of the 5th gen trio but thats really off-topic

any questions?

Giratina deserves the 3rd slot. Period. He just fits. Like Mitja said, it has all the making of a 3rd installment poke. Also, you left some things out:

-Like Rayquaza, Giratina appears in an area that appears only after beating the game.
-Like Rayquaza, Giratina appears at a signifigcantly higher level than the other two.
-Like Rayquaza, Giratina's area is full of confusing puzzles and stong Pokemon.

Last edited:

grodon909

quicksand!
First of all, Giratina is a good candidate for the box pokemon. Where you find him, it says something like " This is where life sparkles. This is where life fades.A place where two worlds overlap" Naturally, one will think "Hmmm... GHOST/dragon... life... death... Girtina is a death pokemon!!!" (this also makes sense seeing as how it is posible to get a reaper's cloth in the dungeon/maze. Death could be considerd a dimention like time and space. Also like time and space, it is unable to be controlled.
Also it says "a place where 2 worlds overlap" this could be many things:
1. It could be a place where life and death overlap, seeing as how Girtina and a reaper cloth are there. Giratina is a ghost that might live where ever souls go after death (it lives in a world reverse to ours)
2. The two beings Arceus created may have been dialga and palkia (probably). Seeing as how Palkia would have to have create space and dialga/time, it is possible that when there was little time and little space,the two fought.(I kinda got stuck here) Then two more things could have happened:
2a. Arceus stopped the two from fighting and created Giratina (death) as a punishment for fighting again
2b. They fought and both died, then Giratina was created to raise them from destruction. Dialga may have escaped by going back in time, letting one dimention of him go with giratina while the other one ran while palkia created a warp in the dimantion to escape. So with that, it is possible both the legendaries are... dumdumduuuum!... Zombies! And from there, who knows, nintendo can make stuff up easily.

Thus, it could be possilble for Giratina to be on the 3rd box because of the relationship it has with time and space.

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
I dont really care about a third installment i want Gold and Silver Remakes!
if they make a third instalment about giratina they should add extra islands or jhoto in the game (VERY VERY UNLIKELY i know )

H2SO4

persona non grata
this thread always makes my hopes up.

recently i was afraid that pokemon i hate - Darkrai - will be on 3rd cover (reasons? too many stuff with Dialga+Palkia+Darkrai: see http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/variety/v070622_05.html and http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/variety/v070622_06.html or this http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/other/o070622_01.html or this http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/other/o070622_06.html - YES, i'm aware of the fact Darkrai just had an eventin Japan, but still...)

ehm. let it be Giratina plz.

or Bidoof.

PokeMayne

ELITES
Once again, look forward to GSC remakes before any 3rd installments, RS-->FR LG-->Emerald

see?

Shinin

Minimalist
this thread always makes my hopes up.

recently i was afraid that pokemon i hate - Darkrai - will be on 3rd cover (reasons? too many stuff with Dialga+Palkia+Darkrai: see http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/variety/v070622_05.html and http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/variety/v070622_06.html or this http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/other/o070622_01.html or this http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/other/o070622_06.html - YES, i'm aware of the fact Darkrai just had an eventin Japan, but still...)

ehm. let it be Giratina plz.

or Bidoof.

All that stuff is to advertise for the movie. It has nothing to do with the games.

Cackles

Giratina's story needs to be told, there's too much mystery surrounding it, as this thread itself demonstrates. This is another piece evidence pointing to a third game surrounding it. We already know Mesprit's story, don't we? Yet as of yet Giratina is still shrouded in mystery. As was Rayquaza last gen, before Emerald that is.

P.S.
Thank you Mitja, that was nicely summarized. (I'm not being sarcastic).

H2SO4

persona non grata
Shinin> I really hope so :)

and YEAH omg I want G/S/C remake so bad .___.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As mentioned, it is more than likely that a G/S/C remake will be revealed before a third version of dp is.
Talking about G/S/C, I certainly think there will be one. Firstly, it would be too successful for Nintendo/Game Freak NOT to make one - face it, at least half of all pokemon players want it.
Secondly, while playing through dp, there are too many blatent hints and references to G/S/C. Surely Game Freak would not put so many, unlike in R/S/E and FR/LG, where there was only a few references to previous places.
Jasmine (and her talk about Olivine city), eggs + talk about Prof. Elm in Johto region, person talks about Whirl islands + lugia, night guards who fight only at night make a return, day/night feature... I could go on for ages.
In short, go G/S/C remake!

OMINAE

PKMN Master
Yeah there WERE a lot of references to Johto throughout Sinnoh, I'd really like for a G/S/C remake myself, and to Mitja, yes you've pretty much cleared up any speculation that it could be any other pokemon than Giratina.

Lexsonn

i think they made a remake of the first gen so that way you could comeplete the national pokedex and suicune/entei/raikou! in D/P its possible to get every 2nd gen pokemon except ho-oh/lugia/celebi... but theyre event pokemon in emerald, leafgreen and firered, so why would they make a whole new G/S/C remake when you can get all those pokemon? and you could trade somewhere for lugia and company

Shinin

Minimalist
i think they made a remake of the first gen so that way you could comeplete the national pokedex and suicune/entei/raikou! in D/P its possible to get every 2nd gen pokemon except ho-oh/lugia/celebi... but theyre event pokemon in emerald, leafgreen and firered, so why would they make a whole new G/S/C remake when you can get all those pokemon? and you could trade somewhere for lugia and company

They could make it for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.