• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A 3rd Installment Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeky H. Bomb

that Krell guy
Lucario: Not even a legendary,come on people think

neither were Charizard, Blastoise, and Pikachu. granted, that was due to the abscence of so many legends, but still...

i'm not saying that i think it's gonna be Lucario, i believe it'll be Giratina. but let's not discount non-legends as possibilities. who knows, Nintendo might surprise us.

Cackles

It is Giratana the national dex will have 1 more pokemon Deal with it
It is Giratina, but no I don't think they'll have to change the Dexes. They could easily just not let you catch it until after you get the National Dex. Plus apparently you can still have Pokemon not in the Sinnoh dex without the National Dex, but they just won't have a Dex entry.

MidnightStorm

If it is Giratina, it can possibly be seen in an animation, but not in a battle. Then, after the elite 4, we have the oppurtunity to catch it. It doesn't have to be in the Sinnoh Dex.

We'll find out sometime though, then this debate would be useless.

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
There's no harm in speculation. Besides in this situation it's so blatantly obvious there's really no need to wait. We as good as already know.

Oh......wait a sec, if everybody already knows, why are people still arguing over the subject?

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
There's no harm in speculation. Besides in this situation it's so blatantly obvious there's really no need to wait. We as good as already know.

Oh......wait a sec, if everybody already knows, why are people still arguing over the subject?

Drkecho

Retired
Its not really arguing, its more like wait for an idiot and then correct harshly

@Giratina - Has a connection to Dialga and Palkia, ( the stone on its neck ), has a connection to the Space, Time plot, adding a Dimension demigod

Simply put:
Dialga- Time
Palkia- Space
Giratina- Reverse dimension (aka Hell)

Zeeky H. Bomb

that Krell guy
Simply put:
Dialga- Time
Palkia- Space
Giratina- Reverse dimension (aka Hell)

i don't think Giratina's a "hell" pokemon so much as a "void" pokemon. Dialga and Palkia created the physical dimensions, Giratina lives outside of them, in a world that isn't physical, and therefore, a "reverse" world.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I guess I could see Darkrai being the star, but isn't Darkrai the opposite of Cresselia or something like that? I think it's either Giratina or Mesprit.

Blazenuva

I see it as Giratina.

Kind of makes sense cause with creation aka life, comes death. He is the exact opposite of arceus.

Giratina lives in the world of dead pokemon.

Arceus lives in the world of beginings.

That's my idea.

doctor worm

I think it will probably be giratina but it could be darkrai. I know your going to say: you idiot darkrai is an event pokemon, event pokemon cant be given out in games. But in the movie darkrai is the one who calms palkia and dialga. Darkrai could be the rayquaza of d/p. I'm not saying this is very likely but I'm saying it could be where they are going. Even though it is an event pokemn it could still be the mascot. You have to start somewhere

Dragostea_Din_Tei

The god of Pokemon
I don't think we can be so sure about this so here are my ideas.

1. Giratina:It's a legend that's already ingame and just all around makes sense.

2. Heatran: Dosen't seem as likely as Giratina just for some reason.

3. Darkrai: The movie with him has him as the Rayquaza of Dialga/Palkia.

4. Trio member: Remember Crystal?

Cackles

Apparently we need to go through this again, since people seem to have forgotten or ignored the evidence. Giratina, Dialga and Palkia can be declared a trio based on a large number of similarities.
Here's a list of these similarities.

1) All three have dragon as a second type.
2) All three have blank, staring eyes.
3) All three have base happiness 0.
4) All three have base exp 1,250,000.
5) Their heights all end in 9''. Dialga- 17'9'' Giratina- 14'9'' Palkia- 13'9''
6) All three learn Dragonbreath and Scary Face, Ancient Power at 20, Dragon Claw at 30, Heal Block at 50, Earth Power at 60, Slash at 70 and Aura Sphere at 90. They all also learn similar moves at the same levels varying according to their first type. Dialga learns Metal Claw, a weak steel move, Giratina learns Ominous Wind, a weak ghost type and Palkia learns Water Pulse, a weak water move all at level 10. Dialga learns Roar of Time, Palkia learns Spacial Rend and Giratina learns Shadow force, (their "signature moves" of their first types), all learn these moves at level 40. Dialga learns Flash Cannon, Palkia learns Aqua Tail and Giratina learns Shadow Claw, (these are all medium-high damage attacks of their first type) all at level 80. These almost identical movepools are no coincidence.
7) All three can learn Draco Meteor from a move tutor. This is minor, but still a viable point. Well sort of.
8) All three have a base stat of 90, two base stats of 100, two base stats of 120, and one base stat of 150.
9) All three give 3 Effort Points in their stat whose base stat is 150.
10) All three have the similar, metallic-looking, "layered" look.
11) This is extremely minor, but Dialga in the national dex is 483, Palkia is 484, and Giratina is 487. 3+4=7. This is almost sure to be coincidental, but I thought it was interesting when I noticed it.
12) Dialga's name is based on Diamond, Palkia's name is based on Pearl, and Giratina's name is based on Girasol, a type of opal. All three have these corresponding gems inlaid in their bodies. Dialga on its chest, Palkia on its shoulders, and Giratina on its wings.

Getting back to the point, Giratina obviously relates somehow to Dialga and Palkia because of the similarities listed above. On the main site even, under the Legendaries section of the D/P page, under Giratina it says "This is the 3rd legendary Dragon to go with Dialga and Palkia." Though this is unofficial, it indicates the obvious conclusion one should draw from these similarities, that being that the three of them are counterparts. Once again, Giratina is shrouded in mystery. We don't know where it came from, or exactly what its function is. What better way to divulge this information than in its well-deserved own game? Those who would argue that Giratina isn't in the Sinnoh Dex, thus it can't be the star, aren't thinking about this argument enough. Their argument is based solely on the assumption that you would have an opportunity to catch Giratina before obtaining the National Dex. However, a plotline could easily be built that never gives us a catching opportunity until the National Dex is obtained. They could simply show scenes of Giratina is action, as was the case with Rayquaza in Emerald, however unlike in Emerald, you would not have the opportunity to catch Giratina, or in Emerald's case Rayquaza, before the Elite Four, as was the case in Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.