• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A basic guide to EVs, IVs and natures

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
It'd make sense if you put it in guides, so go ahead if you reckon it's the right idea.

BogiePop

pokemon breeder
with pokerus and the power items
i just want the math dumb down for me
how many for 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 Spe
10 vitamins, Woopers
2 vitamins, geodudes
10 vitamins, magikarp

acetrainerbob

has written:
Thank you so much! Now I can train my newer Pokemon better and imprve my older ones! This also makes a lot more sense than it originally did. Kudos to you Blue Harvest for helping people like me.

Ok, I have a level 1 pokemon. I need EV's for attack and speed. If I use the power anklet, and brace. Along with pokerus, but my pokemon is too weak to fight. I switch it out for a stronger one to kill it. Does the pokerus and item still apply. Or does it actually have to kill it?

Ok, I have a level 1 pokemon. I need EV's for attack and speed. If I use the power anklet, and brace. Along with pokerus, but my pokemon is too weak to fight. I switch it out for a stronger one to kill it. Does the pokerus and item still apply. Or does it actually have to kill it?

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
This is kind of a stupid question but I'm used to 252/252/4 EV spreads, but when I want to put let say 78 EVs on Hp on a Skarmory, it really confuses me of how to do it, any help:(

I really want to do a RMT after I learn this.

The easiest way would be to use 7 hp ups, then put on a macho brace and fight 4 stunfisks (or 2 with pokerus) and you will be all done.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The easiest way would be to use 7 hp ups, then put on a macho brace and fight 4 stunfisks (or 2 with pokerus) and you will be all done.

Thanks but Skarmory was an example, but still thank you, would fighting 14 Stunfisks with 10 hp ups add up to 248 EVs?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Hello. I have something I like to ask of you. If I got a baby pokemon that starts from the egg and its at lv1, then I equip him with exp. share, then use my high level pokemon to battle for him. I'll EV train my pokemon. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I was thinking of equipping Torchic with my Exp. Share item, then using my high level pokemon to battle pokemon to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After he evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise up his level. I came here to make sure that I train him right. Should I ev train Torchic before evolve into Blaziken? You see, I like to bring out the best in Blaziken. It have an adamant nature. Would that will be the great way to raise up a new pokemon? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.

Thanks but Skarmory was an example, but still thank you, would fighting 14 Stunfisks with 10 hp ups add up to 248 EVs?

Simple math :)

Each HP Up = 10 EVs. So 10 HP Ups = 10 x 10 = 100
Each Stunfisk = 2 EVs + 4 for Power Weight = 6 EVs each. 14 Stunfisk = 14 x 6 = 84 (x 2 from Pokerus = 168)

So that is 268 EVs...

Klaus™

Banned
Hello. I have something I like to ask of you. If I got a baby pokemon that starts from the egg and its at lv1, then I equip him with exp. share, then use my high level pokemon to battle for him. I'll EV train my pokemon. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I was thinking of equipping Torchic with my Exp. Share item, then using my high level pokemon to battle pokemon to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After he evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise up his level. I came here to make sure that I train him right. Should I ev train Torchic before evolve into Blaziken? You see, I like to bring out the best in Blaziken. It have an adamant nature. Would that will be the great way to raise up a new pokemon? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.

exp. share also shares the base evs, plus any benefits the pokemon has(pokerus). so ev train as a torchic, unlesas you happen to have 35 rare candies lying around.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Simple math :)

Each HP Up = 10 EVs. So 10 HP Ups = 10 x 10 = 100
Each Stunfisk = 2 EVs + 4 for Power Weight = 6 EVs each. 14 Stunfisk = 14 x 6 = 84 (x 2 from Pokerus = 168)

So that is 268 EVs...

Ah thanks, now I can EV train with different spreads instead of the 252/252/4

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I have a question:

If i put a poke in the daycare and bred it, but it wasn't level 100 (to be more precise it's level 82), would that mess up it's evs?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I have a question:

If i put a poke in the daycare and bred it, but it wasn't level 100 (to be more precise it's level 82), would that mess up it's evs?
Nope, not at all.

larrylexinghu

Me love Samurott.
Thanx for posting this thread I learned a lot of stuff. My brother who is also part of serribii told me to read this. His name on serribii is justinjiaxinghu.

5798cool

Just to let you know that characteristics also make a differance to EVs.

Also a question. Say I got a pkmn I wanted to EV train at Lv1 and had a lot of rare candy's (that I got through uh *cough* a um.. a friend :D) Would I be able to use these rare candies on my Lv1 pokemon to get it to level 60ish and then still have 0EVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.