• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A basic OU team!

WillieNelson

Hello! I made this(almost) complete OU team, I will be adding a Slowking soon.

I am hoping for some constrictive criticism.

Bronzong Light Clay
Relaxed nature
Ability: levitate
252 HP 200Def, 52 atck
Gyro ball
Reflect
Light Screen
Stealth Rock
My physical wall and lead, Set up screens and get SR in to help the rest of my team, Gyro ball to stop it from Being Taunt bait.

Jirachi@kings rock
Jolly nature
Ability: serene grace
252 speed, 200 attack, 52 sp. atck
iron head
fire pawnch
thunder wave
?

T-wave + iron head = ultra hax. fire pawnch is for steel types that want to take iron head.I am not sure about the last moveslot or EV spread though.(he has sp. atck EV's 'cause he had draco meteor)

Slowking @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Sp Def
- Slack Off
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Psyshock
Slackoff and regenerator are for recovery. NP boosts sp. atck, scald is STAB and burn, and psyshock is for any calm minders.

Haxorus@choice band
Naughty nature(shiny so I won't change it)
Ability: mold breaker
252 spe, 252 atck, 4 sp. def
Earthquake
brick break
dual chop
outrage

This guy is your standerd physical sweeper. Outrage with CB is plain ridiculous. dual chop I chose over dragon claw for it's ability to take out sturdys/subs/sashes with one hit. earthquake is to take out steels, brick break is for ice types.

Sceptile@life orb
Adamant nature
Ability: overgrow
252 spe, 252 atck, 4 HP
earthquake
leaf blade
Swords dance
rock slide

A classic sceptile set. Leaf blade is STAB, earthquake is for fires and steels. SD makes his attack insane, and finally, rock slide is for flying types, which I chose over stone edge for better accuracy, and the chance to flinch is nice coupled with sceptile's nice speed.

Heatran@choice scarf
Timid nature
Ability: flash fire
252 spe 252 sp. atck, 4 sp. def
heat wave
earth power
flash canon
dark pulse

I saw heatran's huge sp. atck and somewhat lackluster speed and thought: "hey! I could make him an awesome choice scarf sweeper!" Heat wave has good accuracy for it's power. Earth power is for other fires and waters. Flash cannon is STAB and for rock types, and dark pulse is filler.

Last edited:
Not so sure about the others, but:
Sceptile@life orb
Adamant nature
252 spe, 252 atck, 4 HP
earthquake
leaf blade
x scisor
rock slide

A classic sceptile set with a twist. Leaf blade is STAB, earthquake is for fires and steels. x-scisor is for the most comman sceptile counters: other grass types, and finally, rock slide is for flying types, which I chose over stone edge for better accuracy, and the chance to flinch is nice coupled with sceptile's nice speed.

I think S-Scissor should be replaced with Swords Dance. Once you can do that, you're almost unstoppable.

Vecte

That's why I put in the life orb, to make up for the lack of boostage so I coud fit in X sciasor to take care of his comman counters, but now I realize I have heatran for that.

A +2 boost is going to do a LOT more than Life Orb.

FoxMcCloud

is Hidden
Okay. Slow down on custom movesets until youre more familiar with the metagame. Jirachi isnt gonna kill **** with draco meteor only getting 52 sp atk evs. The surprise factor isnt even worth it. My jirachi has Wish, Protect, Thunderbolt, and Draco Meteor. Sounds dumb, but it works flawlessly on my team. The EVs are max HP and Sp Atk, and slap on a life orb.

Anyways, back on topic. That Rachi set wont do much with its EV spread. I suggest you gove it elemental punches and keep the kings rock. OR, more sensibly, replace it with a choice scarf.
If the scarf doesnt suit you, add a speed BPer. But dear God, please et rid of DM.

That Bronzong set wont get too far either. The only way i believe it will is if you set up entry hazards like toxic spikes and have other residual damage.

I also dont think slowking is the greatest NPer. Its typing is pretty redundant in relation to its defensive stats.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
It would be good if you could get one with SR.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
Definitely a Choice Band on Haxorus. I'd stick with Lefties on Bronzong and change his set. Give him Stealth Rock and either a screen or Trick Room. It sounds weird but Bronzong can pseudo sweep as a stand-alone trick room 'mon. Also, Earthquake is better than Payback. Gyro Ball hits most everything that you'd care to hit with Payback harder anyway and EQ lets Bronzong counter Excadrill. Honestly, I'd use leftovers on Slowking too since I don't use/like the item clause. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than maybe a psychic gem, as terrible as that is... but Bronzong needs the leftovers more than Slowking. Also, I'd use Psyshock over Psychic for a way to deal with Calm Minders. If you opt for Trick Room on Bronzong, Slowking will love it too.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
^^ is'nt a chioce band a bad idea with D-Dance?

Definitely. You'd need to change your set.

I'd suggest:
Outrage
Dual Chop
Brick Break
Earthquake

Chandelure181

Wait, whut?
Definitely. You'd need to change your set.

I'd suggest:
Outrage
Dual Chop
Brick Break
Earthquake

Haxorus with CB?
I dont think so
If youre running DD Haxorus should have lefties or Life orb
Also what do dual chop and outrage do on the same set?
Also please use dragon claw and not dual chop
Other than that the team looks quite solid
As a last move on the jirachi set id go for thunderpunch coz u dont have anything to hit water types yet
On heatran id suggest to go either for Flamethrower or fire blast unless you want to use him in doubles
Also instead of flash cannon go for HP grass or HP ice depending on what you want to hit

Vecte

@WillieNelson: The Haxorus set that carter posted is by far the best one you can run. Outrage and Dual Chop are EXCELLENT synergy. Outrage is your main attack, and it's going to drop anything that doesn't resist it. Dual Chop serves to take out Substitute and Sturdy/Sash users in one attack, something that Outrage can not do. You want 252 Attack EVs, and a minimum of 220 Speed EVs so you can out speed Dragonite, and the rest goes into HP, which will make certain moves 2HKO, rather than OHKO.

@Chandelure: He recommended him switch to a Choice Band set, which does NOT feature Dragon Dance. He posted the moveset too. Choice Band Haxorus is by FAR better than Dragon Dance Haxorus currently. Again, Dual Chop > Dragon Claw. Dual Chop takes out Substitute, Sturdy, and Sash users in one attack. Those types of Pokemon aside, Dual Chop still does the same damage as Dragon Claw. I can't tell you how many times I've sent in my Haxorus on Breloom and Gengar with Subs up, only to send them packing.

Last edited:

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
Haxorus with CB?
I dont think so
As a last move on the jirachi set id go for thunderpunch coz u dont have anything to hit water types yet
On heatran id suggest to go either for Flamethrower or fire blast unless you want to use him in doubles
Also instead of flash cannon go for HP grass or HP ice depending on what you want to hit

I know Vecte already addressed this sufficiently BUT... just to make it as clear as possible how much of a monster Haxorus is with a Choice Band here are a few important damage calcs copied from Smogon.

<li>Outrage vs. 252/184+ Gliscor: 64.69% - 76.27%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 252/252+ Hippowdon: 54.29% - 63.81%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 248/252+ Vaporeon: 75.16% - 88.77%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 4/0 Excadrill: 73.76% - 87.02%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 252/0 Scizor: 51.45% - 60.47%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 252/48+ Ferrothorn: 34.94% - 40.91%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 252/0 Jirachi: 43.81% - 51.49%</li>
<li>Outrage vs. 0/0 Heatran: 52.01% - 61.30%</li>

Almost NOTHING can switch in and sponge it. If Skarmory is dealt with, almost every other steel is 2KO'd (Ferrothorn takes 3) by the appropriate move and most of them are simply 2KO'd by Outrage. IF you manage to get a Dragon Dance you will usually be weakened to the point of being taken down by any invested priority and you still are slow and fragile enough that most any scarfer will outspeed and KO you. Dragonite and Salamence have more bulk and abilities that make them even bulkier and therefore perfect for Dragon Dance. Haxorus was born to be a glass cannon and he does not disappoint. Don't get me wrong, a Haxorus that manages to set up with Dragon Dance is terrifying but I don't think it is worth the gamble just to be able to change moves when you can do so much damage to any pokemon with just one.

And sorry about the two dragon moves on the set. They share the same typing but they serve completely different purposes and aside from that, Haxorus really doesn't have another good option. :/ If you're absolutely set on avoiding two dragon moves, Rock Slide is your best (almost your only) choice. It will dispatch Gyarados, Zapdos, and such without locking yourself into Outrage but as those calcs show, being locked into Outrage isn't such a bad thing.

Last edited:

Chandelure181

Wait, whut?
@WillieNelson: The Haxorus set that carter posted is by far the best one you can run. Outrage and Dual Chop are EXCELLENT synergy. Outrage is your main attack, and it's going to drop anything that doesn't resist it. Dual Chop serves to take out Substitute and Sturdy/Sash users in one attack, something that Outrage can not do. You want 252 Attack EVs, and a minimum of 220 Speed EVs so you can out speed Dragonite, and the rest goes into HP, which will make certain moves 2HKO, rather than OHKO.

@Chandelure: He recommended him switch to a Choice Band set, which does NOT feature Dragon Dance. He posted the moveset too. Choice Band Haxorus is by FAR better than Dragon Dance Haxorus currently. Again, Dual Chop > Dragon Claw. Dual Chop takes out Substitute, Sturdy, and Sash users in one attack. Those types of Pokemon aside, Dual Chop still does the same damage as Dragon Claw. I can't tell you how many times I've sent in my Haxorus on Breloom and Gengar with Subs up, only to send them packing.

Yes but id rather have a reliable move and not some 90% double hit move
And he asked for an item for a DD moveset, so i gave him one

Vecte

Yes but id rather have a reliable move and not some 90% double hit move
And he asked for an item for a DD moveset, so i gave him one

Your reliable move comes in the form of Outrage, which should be used otherwise. There isn't going to be a reason to use Dragon Claw over Outrage, because Outrage is just going to do so much more, even at the cost of being locked into it. Also 90% accuracy is an incredibly fair trade-off for being able to single-handedly put a stop to Substitute, Sturdy, and Sash users.

I'll say it again also, Dragon Dance is plain inferior on Haxorus. Haxorus doesn't have the bulk that the other dragons have, to make it effective.

WillieNelson

Haxorus with CB?
I dont think so

I can't use the move tuters on jirachi 'cause I already transfered him, and I can't get another one because my AR's broken.

EDIT: I still use Heatran alot in the subway multi train, so heat wave is stayin'

Last edited:

ashsinnoh

I can see, that you are very weak to ChestoRest Volcarona. If you let her set up +6(which is pretty easy) you are screwed. Of course, what you'll do first is change to Heatran, sounds dumb, but +6 Volcarona, can beat Tran with 5-8 Bug Buzzes, and believe me you can't beat Volcarona without a hax. After that, your whole left team looks like a snack to it.