• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle by Any Other Name! (829)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Swirlix and Slurpuff!! A Sweet Fight Gets Anything But Sweet!?

Heading towards Shalour City, Serena decides to treat everyone to hand-made PokéPuffs, a special confectionary made specifically for Pokémon. However, a Slurpuff and its trainer soon come by and test Serena's PokéPuffs and give them a mediocre rating, causing an argument between Serena and the trainer. Upon learning of a special PokéPuff competition in a nearby town, Serena and the trainer decide to settle it once and for all. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts now.

I missed the beginning, but they probably did not show much.

Ash and co. are looking at a Slurpuff and it used Telekinesis or Psychic to bring over a PokePuff.

This girl comes up from behind Slurpuff and it the Pokemon's trainer, Millefeui.

She offers Ash and co. some PokePuff's from a box but the one Ash has, makes him breathe out fire.

Ash and co. then hear of a PokePuff competition in a nearby town and Millefeui and Serena decide to enter.

Team Rocket have also entered, whilst in disguises.

This woman is on the stage and during her speech to the audience, Bonnie interrupts her and asks if she'll marry her brother Clemont, to which Clemont drags her off stage in embarrassment.

It looks like Millefeui and Serena will have to team up 8n the competition, although they don't like eachother.

Ash and co. are in this area full of markets and then Millefeui joins them.

They are now in a forest and the group hears a scream come from Serena, who is being surrounded by some Swirlix.

Dare Da? Slurpuff.

One Swrilix attacks Serena's Fennekin and now Ash and the others arrive.

Ash uses his Pikachu to try and scare off the Swirlix with a Thunderbolt.

The Swirlix don't leave though until Serena's Fennekin uses a Flamethrower attack on them.

Millefeui uses her Slurpuff to try and find something in the forrest.

Slurpuff seems to have found it, but it's at the top of a cliff, so Millefeui gets her Slurpuff to use it's psychic attack to lift up Chespin, which Clemont has sent out.

Chespin then brings Ash and Bonnie up and then they are all up on top of the cliff and they have found some berry trees for the PokePuff's, but the Swirlix come out to attack them.

Then Team Rocket show up in an Octillery Mecha, to steal the groups Pokemon and the Swirlix too.

Clemont tells Ash something, which is probably an idea on how to beat Team Rocket and then Ash runs towards the Mecha that sucks things in and he blocks the suction pump.

Fennekin then attacks the Mehca and soon afterwards, the Swirlix, berries and Pikachu are sent flying back out.

The Swirlix, Pikachu, Fennekin and Slurpuff then help to destroy Team Rocket's Mecha and send them blasting off.

Back at the competition, the emcee announced the winner and it isn't the team of Serena and Millefeui, but the other team.

Ash calls out to Serena who is with Millefeui and Millefeui gives Serena some sort of cruel look.

To be continued.

Last edited:

IcySealeo

I love this episode already because a Farfetch'd appeared.

Also surprised from the rest of the Pokemon that appeared such as Simisage and Simipour, as well as Makuhita (probably the one from the magazine).

I really don't care what people says, that's a great episode for me, reminds me of AG with the good things of DP. The last attack against TR was awesome.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Not again. Musashi always ruin the episode! Eureka seems get annoying too.

did you really saw the scan posted on the spoiler section, tr is set to appear here.

eureka is just a kid so yes she can be annoying.

Also surprised from the rest of the Pokemon that appeared such as Simisage and Simipour, as well as Makuhita (probably the one from the magazine).

it probably is, but what about pansear - now i really wonder where they would insert it.

Last edited:

zhixun

did you really saw the scan posted on the spoiler section, tr is set to appear here.

eureka is just a kid so yes she can be annoying.

I mean Musashi into the competition as well. Just similar to what she did in the pokemon contest. Rather than just simply destroy the plan. Eureka as always finding a woman for Citron which become boring if repeated again.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I mean Musashi into the competition as well. Just similar to what she did in the pokemon contest.

ugh now that you mention it, indeed i hate musashi taking part on a competition not concerning her, so the serena focus episode turns out also to be a musashi showdown as well - argh i thought it was just going to be serena and millefeui

now that's what i don't like with the episode always someone from tr disrupting serena for a good to chance to show off.

nooo why did serena attack the swirlix, so close i thought she was going for a swirlix - now this is hard(she is not into fairy pokemons?), what's her second pokemon

Last edited:

zhixun

ugh now that you mention it, indeed i hate musashi taking part on a competition not concerning her, so the serena focus episode turns out also to be a musashi showdown as well - argh i thought it was just going to be serena and millefeui

now that's what i don't like with the episode always someone from tr disrupting serena for a good to chance to show off.

nooo why did serena attack the swirlix, so close i thought she was going for a swirlix - now this is hard(she is not into fairy pokemons?), what's her second pokemon

Although she did not catch Peroppafu as they dodged the attack, but her Fokko did have more chance to sent Rocket blast off.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
H-Holy shite this was a great filler episode.

The spaghetti and shipping didn't make this episode, it merely enhances it. The comedy, the action, all of them made a scrumptious combination baked in Kalos-era goodness. Whilst I'm disappointed that the contest didn't turn into a Yakitate Japan reaction image bonanza (knew the kid with the Makuhita will win the moment he made it to the finals), the action scenes later with Ash being the leader holyshit and being generally badass and taking names made up for it. The secondary characters had cute and unique designs from the MILF chef to the the Makuhata trainer and his imouto. This is how you make a trainer, and I consider this episode superior to the one with the Bamboo and the Golden Magikarp, and is a tie with the Furfrou one.

Also, can some moonreader confirm to me that Millefeui told Serena that she should be careful or else she will still Ash from her? I feel like a bunch of basement dwellers are making ********e up just to stir my inner-need to ship.

Please god have Millefeui return and continue acting like antagonistic to Serena, Amen.

Last edited:

zhixun

H-Holy shite this was a great filler episode.

The spaghetti and shipping didn't make this episode, it merely enhances it. The comedy, the action, all of them made a scrumptious combination baked in Kalos-era goodness. Whilst I'm disappointed that the contest didn't turn into a Yakitate Japan reaction image bonanza (knew the kid with the Makuhita will win the moment he made it to the finals), the action scenes later with Ash being the leader holyshit and being generally badass and taking names made up for it. The secondary characters had cute and unique designs from the MILF chef to the the Makuhata trainer and his imouto. This is how you make a trainer, and I consider this episode superior to the one with the Bamboo and the Golden Magikarp, and is a tie with the Furfrou one.

Also, can some moonreader confirm to me that Millefeui told Serena that she should be careful or else she will still Ash from her? I feel like a bunch of basement dwellers are making ********e up just to stir my inner-need to ship.

Please god have Millefeui return and continue acting like antagonistic to Serena, Amen.

Not really. Millefeui and Serena shook hands at the end of the episode anyway.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Not really. Millefeui and Serena shook hands at the end of the episode anyway.

That can't be because I distinctly hear Millefeui referencing As while talking to Serena AFTER they shook hands, leading to her blushing. Afterwards, Serena runs off with a smile as the frame freezes and there's now a pastel effect on the screen, with the "to be continued" shown where it is usually seen.

I just want confirmation from a certain moonrune translator here.

zhixun

That can't be because I distinctly hear Millefeui referencing As while talking to Serena AFTER they shook hands, leading to her blushing. Afterwards, Serena runs off with a smile as the frame freezes and there's now a pastel effect on the screen, with the "to be continued" shown where it is usually seen.

I just want confirmation from a certain moonrune translator here.

That blushing may be due to Millefeui referencing Serena has a crush on Satoshi. That "to be continued" screen is not sufficient to show that even Millefeui will reappear later in the episode.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
That blushing may be due to Millefeui referencing Serena has a crush on Satoshi. That "to be continued" screen is not sufficient to show that even Millefeui will reappear later in the episode.

What I thought from your previous post is that the episode ended at the handshaking, which is false, as you know, and which I have pointed out in great detail. And everybody knows that "to be continued" sign has nothing to do with anything. Your post seems to be confusing that I am assuming that Millefeui, which I do not, and with the tone of my post should indicate me just joking around. (Though she better goddamn show up or I swear to me mum I'll white about it in this forum)

What I wanted specifically to know is what Millefeui exactly said to Serena that lead to the blushing--more specifically, I want confirmation from a trusted source. Eh, guess I'll just have to download subs.

zhixun

What I thought from your previous post is that the episode ended at the handshaking, which is false, as you know, and which I have pointed out in great detail. And everybody knows that "to be continued" sign has nothing to do with anything. Your post seems to be confusing that I am assuming that Millefeui, which I do not, and with the tone of my post should indicate me just joking around. (Though she better goddamn show up or I swear to me mum I'll white about it in this forum)

What I wanted specifically to know is what Millefeui exactly said to Serena that lead to the blushing--more specifically, I want confirmation from a trusted source. Eh, guess I'll just have to download subs.

I am not ruling out that possibility, anything can happen and it is up to the writer choice. Did you see that I wrote MAY BE in my reply? Yeah, let us see when the subs are appear. Even Millefeui says she will be the rival, this does not imply that she will return later.

My English is not good but I have indeed watched the entire episode live up to and including the XY027 trailer. So of course I know Millefeui did say something after the handshake. But the rivalry clearly softens than before.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's kind of weird. Based on what I've read, the episode didn't meet any of the expectations that were brought up in the speculation thread like Serena catching Swirlix or battling Millie, and yet it still seems to be pretty good.

Well, I'm just hoping that Millie's "cruel look" at the end of the episode means that there's still a possibility that they could be rivals for the rest of the series.

Supersonicbro

It's kind of weird. Based on what I've read, the episode didn't meet any of the expectations that were brought up in the speculation thread like Serena catching Swirlix or battling Millie, and yet it still seems to be pretty good.

Well, I'm just hoping that Millie's "cruel look" at the end of the episode means that there's still a possibility that they could be rivals for the rest of the series.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, now I'm wondering more about how this episode was.