• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle by Any Other Name! (829)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved this episode since Miette debuted and I love her ha ha. Her comment about Serena's Pokepuffs was kind of passive aggressive, but I did like how she helped out against Team rocket in the end and made a remark about taking Ash away from Serena. :3

*Frank*

Ok this episode was too predictable esp. when THREE GROUPS REMAINED (1/3 being someone from the main cast and 1/3 being a formidable rival of the said main cast member). I didn't like Team Rocket's interference in the contest. What a sore loser they were. And there was also a fanservice scene concerning AmourShipping, which, I didn't really find unnecessary for some reason. 7/10

JudySpell

Banned
Miette was entertaining and a worthwhile rival for Serena except that I didn't like the baking Pokepuff subplot much. 6.5/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hahahahaha, I love when Ash is clueless. He's got two girls fighting over him and doesn't have the first clue. XD I liked when Clemont was impressed by Team Rocket's name for their machine too, and Serena's unimpressed. :) Fun episode.

9/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
So here we saw Serena's first encounter with her new archenemy, Millefeui. Millefeui sounded good here, as opposed to later when her seiyuu gets changed, and I thought that her snide remark about Serena's Poffles when Peroream ate them was reminiscent of Urara. I enjoyed how Millefeui noticed Serena's crush, too.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Hopefully Miette will be back, because she mentions that she will learn to make better PokePuffs and Serena said she will be better as well when they meet again, and the whole jab at stealing Ash from her. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
If making those Poképuff thingies is Serena's goal that is by a large margin the lamest goal a main character ever had in this show. Oh well, at least she might have some purpose in the show, besides being a pointless love interest for Ash.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If making those Poképuff thingies is Serena's goal that is by a large margin the lamest goal a main character ever had in this show. Oh well, at least she might have some purpose in the show, besides being a pointless love interest for Ash.

It's Miette's goal, not Serena's. Serena's goal...well, you'll have to wait a bit longer but if you don't like it you'll have plenty of company on these forums (not me, though, I enjoy her goal, though there were as always some problems). Cut the writers some slack in the "love interest"/romance department, though, as it's their first time trying it intentionally.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

Serena only cooks those PokePuff things to feed her Pokemon occasionally; she won't make cooking them her goal, thank God.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, since we knew that Serena was a skilled Pofflé confectioner and because Millefeui was a good baker in this episode as well, you'd think that the writers would've leaped at the chance to turn Pofflé competitions into Serena's main goal.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Tophe clyne said:
Leonhert what's your favorite scene from this episode?

Millefeui's attempt to unnerve Serena when she told Serena that she should tell Satoshi how she feels about him, otherwise Millefeui would. It was amusing seeing Serena's reaction.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
-Slurpuff is relatable. It’s a sugar magnet!

-What does the blue-haired lady get out of insulting Serena?…

-Why are the girls arguing? Can’t they get along and share baking tips?

-Clemont supremacy in action! Also, I’m slowly getting used to his voice in the anime.

-Team Rocket aren’t very good bakers. Rip.

-“Miss Monarque, will you marry my brother?” It never gets old. Ever.
Bonnie for Prime Minister of Kalos.

Romantic competition! This is gonna get interesting. Especially considering that Ash is as dumb as nails.

-Oh, gods. Horde battles. I remember those. *shudders*

-I love Miette’s Slurpuff’s voice.

-Miette is cute, even though she’s stuck-up.

-At this rate, it’s a wonder Jessie, James, and Meowth haven’t conquered the world. Giant pliers! Those could take out houses!

-TR’s intro really only works in English. It doesn’t rhyme with Japanese subtitles.

-Gigachad Ash can stop an industrial-sized vacuum.

-How come Pikachu, the Swirlix, and the berries didn’t get pulverized?…

-Sore losers. Aren’t there other baking competitions in Kalos?

EquWsp8.jpg
L5JV4P6.jpg

fUdTUEl.jpg
QBcnJBu.jpg

20R0guZ.jpg
Lj916KR.jpg
Jcj9q1x.jpg

YMO9Ufv.jpg

y696WNM.jpg

Last edited: