• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!! (1114)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1114.jpg

A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Ash has decided to enter the Battle Festival in Kalos. Lots of Pokémon World Coronation Series participants are attending so Ash sees it as perfect to increase his rank. After winning many battles, Ash learns that his next match is against his old friend Korrina, who he last battled to win the Shalour City Gym Badge. Will Ash manage to defeat Korrina again?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

He made it to 921 after beating Korrina.

I wasn't able to watch the whole episode because of bad stream but Lucario definitely left a good impression on Riolu.

Also Mienfoo has evolved into Mienshao which knew U-Turn.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Did Ash wins and gets the Key Stone and a Mega Stone?

Ash won, no Key Stone and Mega Stone...

Ash is now in the Super Class at #921...

Gengar was the fall guy... I expected that Ash being in the Lumiose Conference was never referenced, but I'm disappointed that there was no recall for the Kalos Gym Leaders when Korrina was shown...

dman_dustin

Not entirely happy and no I don't mean Go.

Gengar was done dirty, it didn't even do anything, and I personally don't believe Dragonite believably hurt Lucario that much then again Lucario has crappy defenses in comparison to Dragonite.

There was also nothing too extra about this episode. I think this being very episodic REALLY hurt the episode.

But at the very least Dragonite is beast.

Edit: As an aside I do like that Ash's Dragonite seems very competitive but when it calms down it'll just be happy and hug-happy.

Sword master zacian

Its was mediocre episode
Was dissapointed cuz we expected much from this episode like ash mega ring,greninja but noting happened
nice to see riolu moments though

Also gengar has now 1 win and 2 lose in oficial battle and this battle he was a kind joke doesn't he have levitate ability and had psychic to take any fighting type

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It is nice that Dragonite got two wins in its debut battle but Gengar had to be the fall guy.

Yeah there was no need for pikachu in this match, ash could have used riolu in this match for some experienc and he could be the fall guy and let gengar get a win over clawitzer, pikachu as it is now can afford to sit out of some matches. And seriously why didn't dragonite knows a cool move like dragon rush, hyper beam is overused at this point.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
So Dragonite’s fourth move is Hyper Beam. Kinda annoying since Dragon Dance is only useful for one of its moves, but oh well. Hopefully it learns something different later down the line.
On the other hand I’m glad it got two wins. Gengar being the fall guy sucked but at least Ash winning gave Dragonite a chance to shine. Also glad to see that Korrina used Mienshao since we haven’t seen that one much.

While I am happy that Dragonite won, I'm not happy that Gengar jobbed. I think this was a good episode. Not as good as I thought it would be but good nonetheless.

So Dragonite’s fourth move is Hyper Beam. Kinda annoying since Dragon Dance is only useful for one of its moves, but oh well. Hopefully it learns something different later down the line.
On the other hand I’m glad it got two wins. Gengar being the fall guy sucked but at least Ash winning gave Dragonite a chance to shine. Also glad to see that Korrina used Mienshao since we haven’t seen that one much.

I think Mienshao should have gotten the win since we don't even see that mon much. I know it had to be Lucario but making a few exceptions doesn't hurt sometimes.

Was Go trying to catch all different varieties of Flabebe? It is weird that they don't even show us the full capture but I suppose the episode length kind of puts a limit to that.

Yeah there was no need for pikachu in this match, ash could have used riolu in this match for some experienc and he could be the fall guy and let gengar get a win over clawitzer, pikachu as it is now can afford to sit out of some matches. And seriously why didn't dragonite knows a cool move like dragon rush, hyper beam is overused at this point.

I think Riolu is too weak to be battling trainers who were giving Pikachu trouble. The thing is competition is only going to get intense from here on out.

Gengar was in a bad situation in the Korrina battle. The worse part is that it lost to regular Lucario.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

So just as I thought

Gengar falling early, I had a feeling one of Korrina's old Pokemon coming back fully evolved I thought it was going to be Machoke into Machamp but its Mienfoo into Mienshao.

I liked how they used U Turn. To bring out Lucario pretty quickly for a Surprising factor. To give Korrina a quick win to put Ash at a quick disadvantage. Sure Gengar took an L but when you have Psychic and you use it on a rock for Defense and not Offense you're going to lose.

Dragonite is just plain king. 1v2 clutch vs Mienshao and Mega Lucario. But I didn't feel that Korrina's Lucario was stronger this time than last.

Is Dragonite's fourth move Hyper Beam or Flamethrower?

Riolu being inspired by Lucario. Definitely could see some training montages for it.

Rohanator

The Miyazaki music made me sooo happy, sticking to Hayashi for the most part makes sense but little special cases like this add much more excitement to the soundtrack, before this ep this series had the most predictable music choices but now there's all kinds of possibilities.