• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!! (1114)

nickdt

This episode was boring and proved once again you cannot have share Goh and Ash spotlight in a battle episode where Goh isn't participating in (At least, not in an episodic nature), since its less of an issue if the tournament is 2 episodes long.

Also: Really writers, no references to the Lumiose Conference and his Kalos gym battles.

At least though: Countershield is back.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Riolu was amazed with Lucario in its ME form... It will most likely evolve sooner than we thought... Mega Lucario, not sure...

I was expecting that a Greninja (not necessarily Ash's) will make a cameo... But nope...

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Ok, yeah, this episode flew by really quickly. Yeah, the animation during the battle was subpar. Yeah, the fight itself wasn't as well-written as Ash vs Visquez or even the first Ash vs Korrina battle.

But frankly, I really just...didn't care? Like, they really didn't need to do much to impress me on this one besides just not screw up the plot completely, like making it so that Go's capturing cut into Ash & Korrina's battling. Nothing like that happened, so this episode happily earns my stamp of approval (albeit with some caveats). Plus, we got to see Ash use Counter Shield again. Not Dawn, not Brock, but Ash. The guy who made it. For the first time since DP. That was really cool.

Sooooo yeah. Pretty sick episode. Still, I have a slight sinking feeling that the newfound aversion towards multi-episode battles is gonna end up causing some big problems in the future. Might wanna get out of that mindset before said problems happen, OLM.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Gengar sure jobbed here. And did you people srsly expect XY references? Laughable. It was never part of the plot of the ep to begin with. Also kind of a shame that he didn’t get that Key Stone and that the battle tournament was just to do rankup matches. However the one thing I’m actually looking forward to is that (through translation) at the end, it’s implied that it won’t be the last time we meet Korrina.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I’ll withhold my judgements till I can watch this again later, might change my opinion. Didn’t have super heavy expectations of this episode being amazing after I found out they would be squeezing captures, Corni’s debut, and all into only one episode. Kind of thought they would do at least two episodes like this could really benefit from being a two-partner. No reason to make this a one off episodic thing given the hype surrounding it and Corni’s being a fairly popular and returning character.

Sword master zacian

I am happy about 3things happened in this epiaode
1.old character return
2.ash reach to great ball tier
3.finallu we have an episode where all of all of ash's New Pokemon appear in one shot

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Gengar jobbed?! That's so dumb.. boooo.

PsychoLogical

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gengar literally destroyed raichu against Visquez and just because it jobbed in Dragonite's first offical battle just so Dragonite could have more of a spotlight doesn't mean it's a torterra/noivern jeez. The anime has barely begun. And just because Ash didnt get a keystone doesn't mean the episode is bad in any way. It was my own high expectations. And seriously, why the hell would greninja have appeared, especially so early??
The episode itself was great, that battle was amazing and Dragonite is amazing. Will give proper review when subs come out but gods people really would start bashing an episode if some of their high unrealistic expectations don't come true.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Gengar literally destroyed raichu against Visquez and just because it jobbed in Dragonite's first offical battle just so Dragonite could have more of a spotlight doesn't mean it's a torterra/noivern jeez. The anime has barely begun. And just because Ash didnt get a keystone doesn't mean the episode is bad in any way. It was my own high expectations. And seriously, why the hell would greninja have appeared, especially so early??
The episode itself was great, that battle was amazing and Dragonite is amazing. Will give proper review when subs come out but gods people really would start bashing an episode if some of their high unrealistic expectations don't come true.

I mean, I feel like expecting better animation, at least, wasn't unrealistic. And again, none of this episode's flaws really put any sort of dent in my enjoyment, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean, I feel like expecting better animation, at least, wasn't unrealistic. And again, none of this episode's flaws really put any sort of dent in my enjoyment, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Im not saying wanting better animation is wrong (I personally liked it) but ash not getting a keystone or greninja not appearing isn't a *flaw* of the episode. Im not saying don't criticise the episode, just atleast criticise it for the right reasons, which you did.

PsychoLogical

Another few things shown: Riolu’s inspired by Lucario and Korrina automatically took a liking to Riolu as well and wanted to show it Lucario’s skills.