• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Clemont and his sister are great, I love their interaction and the fact that they are not annoying at all, and I love Bonnie now. She isn't what I thought she would be, she is actually very cool.

Bonnie was more irritating here than in future episodes IMO. Her newfound Dedenne obsession in particular was such a bad omen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yayakoma reminded me of Satoshi's Subame from the old Touka Woods episode where it debuted, because Yayakoma proved to be a challenge for Satoshi and wasn't simply an easy capture like Mukkuru.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Clemont could learn a lot about being a scientist if he were to become Rick Sanchez's apprentice. That way he could learn how to not have his inventions blow up all the time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Clemont could learn a lot about being a scientist if he were to become Rick Sanchez's apprentice. That way he could learn how to not have his inventions blow up all the time.

Citron's inventions malfunctioning is just a gag, so it didn't bother me too much when it happened here. It'll become somewhat tiresome as the series progresses, but it's hardly a nuisance once you get used to it.

DatsRight

This was one of the more memorable XY episodes for me, likely because I watched a short marathon of the first ones I liked how both Ash and TR were actually demonstrating a bit of their experience and getting straight to business throughout.

Standout moments was James very easily capturing Inkay his trademark method (aw Inkay, as overused as you were, I still think you're adorable).

Also we get more casual interaction with Ash and the Citron siblings. The Clemont tech gag begins. XD

Perhaps the most standout moment was Froakie vs Fletchling, or more the turnout of it. I liked how Froakie was disobedient, but Ash, now experienced with that sort of thing and in touch with his Pokemon, is patient and understands exactly what's wrong (granted Froakie's reasons were far more selfless than the likes of Charizard). What could have been a long arc of turmoil is quickly resolved with one empathetic talk.

In hindsight, it's a real shame how much both of these Pokemon's characterisations got diluted as they evolved. Not only did they have way more quirks but their interactions played not just with Ash but themselves and even the other companions (most blatantly Bonnie here). Fletchling being a mischievous little troll also had potential.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
In hindsight, it's a real shame how much both of these Pokemon's characterisations got diluted as they evolved. Not only did they have way more quirks but their interactions played not just with Ash but themselves and even the other companions (most blatantly Bonnie here). Fletchling being a mischievous little troll also had potential.

Yayakoma did impress me here as far as his feisty personality was concerned, yet him being a bird Pokemon, I kind of knew to expect him to turn out very bland eventually.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty decent for a capture episode. I liked the part where Ash did his hat flip; it made me nostalgic for the Kanto episodes.

Team Rocket was tolerable and James caught an Inkay too.

I again wished that Serena showed more of that snarky personality that she showed at the beginning of this episode as well. I'm looking forward to rewatching her choose Fennekin again in the next episode.

Bonnie was somewhat annoying again in this episode and It was entertaining to see Clemont's invention fail and blow up.

I rate this episode 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
Pretty decent for a capture episode. I liked the part where Ash did his hat flip; it made me nostalgic for the Kanto episodes.

The cap turn made me remember when he faced Takuto in Shinou and how he got all serious when they fought. I don't remember if Satoshi did that at any point during the BW saga as well though, or if this was the first time since DP that he had flipped his cap backwards.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The cap turn made me remember when he faced Takuto in Shinou and how he got all serious when they fought. I don't remember if Satoshi did that at any point during the BW saga as well though, or if this was the first time since DP that he had flipped his cap backwards.
He did it in the first several episodes of BW I think