• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Just watched this episode and omg it was pretty damn good! I can't understand Japanese but I can make out the situations pretty easily. I just love how Froakie wanted to cheer up Bonnie because she was crying. I have a feeling that all of the devices and machinery that Clemont pulls out will look impressive but it won't work as it should lol.

Also, my god, the BGMs that plays throughout the episode is outstanding! I love how this one song plays from the actual X/Y games when Dedenne approaches Clemont and Bonnie. When Ash pulls out his Pokedex though, err..., I'm not too sure about the voice of the Pokedex. It sounds like a high-pitched robotic kid. It just didn't seem like it would fit a Pokedex.

Seeing James catching Inkay got me thinking, "James is going to get sprayed ink... a lot throughout the series", aha although at first I would see Jessie being the one owning it, but seeing James with it is also a good match up as well. Now comes the battle between Ash/Froakie against Fletchling and I have to say Ash is much more of a strategic trainer than he was in BW.

I won't spoil too much but that battle was really good. And Froakie is a freaking ninja, jumping all over the place. He even makes a clone of himself to throw off Fletchling (dem Naruto skillz). I think it was Substitute that he used but I'm not sure. And finally, you got Serena playing catch-up at the beginning and ending of the episode.

In the Beginning, she just picks out what to wear and sets off. And at the end, she asks about the person in the Garchomp incident, then gets introduced to the three starter Pokemon to pick out from. Nothing much out of those scenes (for those who support SatoxSere, she really wants to find Ash from my perspective).

Anyways, overall, I have to give this episode a 10/10 because it's really good.

EDIT:
Kinda knew he was going to catch Fletchling. But that's okay. Fletchling is a lot more awesome than any other native Flying-Type anyway. But I had no idea it could use Air Cutter? It is not in its level-up moveset..
And yay, James and Inkay!

But.. I'm wondering: Is Clement and his sister Ash's new travel companions?

Yeah, Clemont and his sister are Ash's new traveling companions. Ash seemed to wonder why they were coming along with him but he didn't mind so they all agreed to travel together, including Bonnie as well.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aww. Of all people. Where does Serena fit into all this?
Cool, are the egg moves added already?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Tropius19 was being sarcastic lol.

Nope no he wasn't lol. He is pissed that Ash isn't getting Chespin and has chosen Fletchling as his scapegoat.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It appears there are some mistranslations floating around again. Make sure not to wildly trust anything you find on the internet passing itself off as a translation for your understanding of the dialogue.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Saw the pictures, episode looks cool. Thought it would be Jessie getting an Inkay, guess shes getting a pancham then (speculation). Or a Barbaracle. Damn she better get a Barbaracle.

Froakie and Fletchling are awesome

Yeah, I agree. I can also see Jessie getting a Barbaracle for some reason lol Not sure about Pancham though but it could happen depending on the situations I guess.

Rohanator

Absolutely loved this episode, Ash was smart, serious, turned his hat, got my fav pokemon of the region, yessssssssssssss.

What were TR talking to Giovanni about?

They said they've arrived in Kalos and are gonna catch lots of Pokemon. So apart from Giovanni not going "Huh, I wonder who they were" pretty much the same as past sagas or DP at least. Yeaah I doubt we'll be seeing more of Giovanni in XY lol

Last edited:
They said they've arrived in Kalos and are gonna catch lots of Pokemon. So - Giovanni going "Huh, I wonder who they were" pretty much the same as past sagas or DP at least. Yeaah I doubt we'll be seeing more of Giovanni in XY lol

Did Giovanni actually say that!? he just spoke to them right before they left!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I hope they won't nerf of TR like they did in Unova, they're too hilarious to be all professional and stuff.
And Jessie gettin Pancham-speculation? Imo, she should just get Phantump or something

Sephora

yes I'm back
The episode was very good actually. Some highlights on the characters:
- Serena choosing the opposite hat of what her mother suggested (haha she seems sassy :p)
- Clemont's invention attracting the Beedrill then blowing up
- How Bonnie is compassionate towards the little Dedenne
- How Ash turned his hat around when he threw the pokeball at Fletchling
- When Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie decided to travel together and shook hands on it (LOVE this part)

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Did Giovanni actually say that!? he just spoke to them right before they left!

I very much doubt it to be true, on the basis that Team Rocket Trio were actually happy after talking with the boss.

If you admire someone, and they say "Who are you?" you don't just start celebrating and dancing after talking with them. Okay judging by the pictures they weren't exactly celebrating and dancing, but they didn't act as if Giovanni snubbed them.

Rohanator

No I meant that it was similar to DP except this time Giovanni DIDN'T say anything like that. So it's like, he isn't gonna be doing anything for them but he did give them his blessing. And so they were happy in that scene.

EDIT: Wow just noticed I missed like several words from that sentence in the original post, wtf, no wonder you were confused. Sorry. xD

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aww...Froakie defending Bonnie's honor was so damn sweet <3!!!

So Fletchling knows:

Peck
Double Team
Air Cutter??

So is Air Cutter an egg move??

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Aww...Froakie defending Bonnie's honor was so damn sweet <3!!!

So Fletchling knows:

Peck
Double Team
Air Cutter??

So is Air Cutter an egg move??

That's what confused me as well. I guess the writers wanted to give Fletchling a special attack-type of move lol but seeing as it knows Double Team, I can assume this Fletchling was trained somehow. Idk lol

Navin

MALDREAD
Pretty good episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing Froakie in battles from here on and out. Seems to have the making of the next Sceptile/Infernape. Not sure why the Pokedex was so frickin high-pitched though...it was pretty jarring. As for Serena, she really wants to find Ash it seems.