• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

@Dephender, Okay, I guess next year I'll wait the dub, in the meantime enjoy the raw.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I am referring to "translations" originating from a person who has come along recently and provided what appears to be primarily guesswork based on what Google Translate spits out when fed the script. Needless to say, these "translations" end up being mostly wrong every time the dialogue goes beyond the very basic, which is also why Google Translate-based translations of episode summaries, etc. aren't allowed in the Anime Spoilers section.

Please don't trust translations that don't come from credible and trustworthy sources.

@Dephender, so stick to creditable places, got it.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I am seriously blown away by the aspect of the animé so far. Granted, I skipped Unova. This new season has caught my attention so much. Still catching up on all the events and I'm glad to know Wigglytuff is Kalos' nurse assistant. Unpredictable, yet really nice for some reason.

Then again, Unova was just plain awful in general.

One of my initial reasons to skip the whole series entirely. It felt... plain.

Last edited:

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Btw, did anyone notice how huge the badge case was when Wigglytuff handed it over to Ash? I was like, "Wtf, you have to carry that around?!".

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I am seriously blown away by the aspect of the animé so far. Granted, I skipped Unova. This new season has caught my attention so much. Still catching up on all the events and I'm glad to know Wigglytuff is Kalos' nurse assistant. Unpredictable, yet really nice for some reason.

One of my initial reasons to skip the whole series entirely. It felt... plain.
You don't really have a right to say it was terrible if you didn't watch it.
Btw, did anyone notice how huge the badge case was when Wigglytuff handed it over to Ash? I was like, "Wtf, you have to carry that around?!".

I wish ash still could just pin them inside his shirt like os.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Uh... considering that you're pretty much acknowledging that she's a main character who's done utterly nothing three episodes into the series, you're actually agreeing with me.

A main character doesn't really do anything before their journey starts. This has been an introduction and leading up to Serena's decision to travel with Ash. You can complain about her lack of stuff, after she gets her starter and starts traveling.

Outburstz

I'm still in shock Ash wanted to use strategy in battle but yea already Clemont and Bonnie > Cilan and Iris

Also that Fletchling was pretty tough could be boss down the road.

Xallista

Loved this episode, definitely a good start for the region.

3 episodes in and no signs of a rival yet. I'm guessing they'll eventually meet with the other kids in the game and have multiple rivals?

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I love Froakie sooo much. I like that it's personality isn't a copy of Treecko's.

Great episode overall. Bonnie's my favorite character since May, TBH.

BlueDragonfangirl

Loved this episode, definitely a good start for the region.

3 episodes in and no signs of a rival yet. I'm guessing they'll eventually meet with the other kids in the game and have multiple rivals?

They could always pull an AG and not give him a rival this time.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMFG that pokedex voice o_O.......seriously that's even worse then Meowth's voice if that is even possible.

Sephora

yes I'm back

Yeah I noticed that, too. And the huge Wigglytuff! Everything is just increasing in size in the Kalos region, even Ash's brain haha (he actually used a strategy this time).

Janovy

Banned
Man, Froakie is sooo much better than Ash's Oshawott. It cares so much about others, I mean, it wanted to get payback on that Fletchling merely because it made Bonnie cry. It wasn't like Oshawott's selfish desire to look great despite being a big coward, he was given a personal reason. The best of all was that Ash actually understood Froakie, something Froakie's previous owners couldn't. God, this makes Ash look so experienced. Like, look at this, none of the previous trainers could handle Froakie, but Ash can. He has experience and the will to train Froakie, he's like the perfect trainer for him.

The episode itself was quite nice. We're introduced to this adorable Dedenne that will be caught in episode four (continuity/foreshadowing), the scene when Clemont uses his machine to attract the bird Pokémon but instead summons crazy-*** Beedrill is so funny. I normally detest such scenes but I approve of this one because of the way it came to this and because it was funny. Froakie keeps being really cool, Ash continues to use his brain and James catches another Pokémon through food. Yay!

I only wish Fletchling showed more personality. It did show some, but I wish there was more. Oh well.

Oh, and I gotta add this - did anyone notice how much better this show looks without the ****ing stock footage? Like, the battles look ten times better than before and I'm actually able to enjoy them more than I ever did before. Froakie doesn't just get a stock Water Pulse footage, but uses the attack from different angles with actual background behind it. It's not like that stock footage of Oshawott using Water Gun which is repeated hundreds of times throughout the series.

I just hope they keep up with this because the battles look so much better.

CupidKirby

^ I agree completely. Despite how much I enjoyed BW, one of the things I didn't like about it were the battles. Already the fights in XY are a hundred times more enjoyable to watch. I mean, the animators are actually animating the moves instead of blowing all their money off CGI and using the same footage over and over again. I missed the times when Ash and every other character weren't just shouting moves that always collide in an explosion against the laws of physics.

I haven't made a post in a while despite following the anime every week, but I just had to after seeing the first three episodes of XY.

What an amazing start to the region. While DP's introduction was decent and BW pretty horrible, something about how this one is turning out is catching my attention as an actual good anime, not because it's freaking pokemon and CupidKirby never drops Pokemon. Bonnie and Clemont may be a major reason for this. It's heart-warming to see one of Ash's companions decide to follow him out of inspiration, like actual inspiration that we got to see develop in the first two episodes and not just Dent's five-second epiphany or Misty's bike being destroyed. It's been much too long since we've seen something like that. Plus, I see Clemont and Bonnie as more likeable characters in general. After so many characters I wanted to run over with a bulldozer often in BW and DP for either being annoying, dumb, or melodramatic, I'm glad the writers are reverting back to making simple, good willed friends for Ash to travel with. Back to the basics for Pokemon, which is honestly what it does best.

Then of course, there's Ash. No matter how rigged these subs may be, the visuals speak true that he's radiating that same subtle experience for training pokemon that we know him for. I absolutely loved how he was actually delighted at being disobeyed by a pokemon. Especially when you consider that no pokemon has largely disobeyed Ash since Charizard and after 17 years, how Ash's reaction to it changed so drastically. Then, he has the minor issue resolved before the 18 minutes are up. I was wearing a huge sh*t eating grin on my face for about half an hour. Character development exists people, at least in XY. And you gotta love it when our hero gets some media exposure after all that "saving the world" business.

Once again, great three episodes. Here's to hoping this upbeat continues well until the end.

NPT

Just a member
Man, Froakie is sooo much better than Ash's Oshawott. It cares so much about others, I mean, it wanted to get payback on that Fletchling merely because it made Bonnie cry. It wasn't like Oshawott's selfish desire to look great despite being a big coward, he was given a personal reason. The best of all was that Ash actually understood Froakie, something Froakie's previous owners couldn't. God, this makes Ash look so experienced. Like, look at this, none of the previous trainers could handle Froakie, but Ash can. He has experience and the will to train Froakie, he's like the perfect trainer for him.

This! I agree with everything you said. In BW, Ash seemed like a newbie trainer.....but in XY, Ash seems like an experienced trainer and it's great. He's so much better now. Not to mention, he was so awesome in "Lumiose City Pursuit!"

I'm already liking Clemont and Bonnie much more than Iris and Cilan. After seeing the first three episodes of XY, I think it's is huge step in the right direction.

The episode itself was quite nice. We're introduced to this adorable Dedenne that will be caught in episode four (continuity/foreshadowing), the scene when Clemont uses his machine to attract the bird Pokémon but instead summons crazy-*** Beedrill is so funny.

Yeah, I found that scene funny too. I wonder what other Clemont's Inventions we'll see later in the series?

I only wish Fletchling showed more personality. It did show some, but I wish there was more. Oh well.

Well, It's just one episode. I'm sure it'll show more personality in the future episodes.

Oh, and I gotta add this - did anyone notice how much better this show looks without the ****ing stock footage? Like, the battles look ten times better than before and I'm actually able to enjoy them more than I ever did before. Froakie doesn't just get a stock Water Pulse footage, but uses the attack from different angles with actual background behind it. It's not like that stock footage of Oshawott using Water Gun which is repeated hundreds of times throughout the series.

I just hope they keep up with this because the battles look so much better.

Agreed, The battles look so much better without those stock footages with annoying sparkly background.

Last edited:

SlimeStack

Brilliant episode. I'm quite glad that James got a Pokémon early on this time. Going an entire arc in BW without one annoyed me, even if they weren't engaged in battle often. Ash and Froakie were brilliant, Clemont was brilliant, Bonnie and Dedenne were cute (and brilliant).

I know we're only three episodes in but it really feels like we're in for a treat with regards to characters, battles and plot this time around. There's only 3 real tests that XY need to pass through now: A) will Team Flare be as involved as in AG and DP?, B) will Team Rocket take a break and give Ash some space during gym battles and tournaments? and C) will our first filler set a good standard for the series?

There's a secret fourth test but it involves BW bashing so we'll leave that out.

Sephora

yes I'm back

It stole their food and laughed at them when Clemont's invention blew up, and was very determined in the battle. What more "personality" do you want in it's first episode?