• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Battle of Aerial Mobility! (806)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I hope we get to see a Malamar someday with TR but I just find it hard to believe... Anyway, I approve James's new addition as it is one of my favourites and I do see it turning out to be another charismatic Pokémon from the anime. I just hope it doesn't end up with tiresome gags.

PS: Gotta love this new Dex and its weird voice!

MattySadler

Sounds like the Froakie/ Fletchling battle was a good one, can't wait to see it. Froakie is going to be such a bad ***.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally thought that this was a pretty good episode. So far, the XY series seems to blend to positive qualities of the previous five series, though the only positive aspect from BW I can think of is how Team Rocket's now at an acceptional blend of seriousness & silliness (though I hate how the dub is still making them talk in rhymes). One of the best moments that nodded to the previous seasons would be how Ash turned his cap around when he used Froakie to battle Fletchling.

I remember hearing the Pokedex's voice in one of the trailers, & honestly I'm not too bothered by it. I think I may wait until I hear the dub voice to decide whether I like it or not.

So far, there are only two things in this episode that I was either surprised or confused about. The first is that I can't figure out why Serena's mom would her leave to go on a journey in the first place when, in the first two episodes, she seemed determined to have her stay home & train to become a Rhyhorn rider. The second was the fact that Nurse Joy now uses Wigglytuff to help her at the pokemon center, though it does kind of make sense since the writers may be trying to promote one of the classic pokemon that have been retconned into a Fairy type (still waiting to see how they'll properly introduce this type in the series though)

pokeaussie37

Can someone confirm Fletchling's moves? On the character bio on the main site it said it had Air Cutter and Gust which it doesn't even learn, and that'd be poor form..

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Can someone confirm Fletchling's moves? On the character bio on the main site it said it had Air Cutter and Gust which it doesn't even learn, and that'd be poor form..

From what I've seen, it seems that Fletchling knows Peck, Double Team and Razor Wind. From other previews it seems that it has Steel Wing/Wing Attack as well.

pokeaussie37

From what I've seen, it seems that Fletchling knows Peck, Double Team and Razor Wind. From other previews it seems that it has Steel Wing/Wing Attack as well.

Thanks a lot for that!

I can see Double Team, simply because it's been a TM move forever, but Wing Attack isn't in it's moveset. Sounds like Steel Wing is the more likely option, and from that we can see it has quite the mix of attacking options.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
James caught the Inkay? I wasn't expecting that.

Sounds like a great episode, and interesting to see that it was James who caught Inkay. I thought Jessie suited it.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw it.

Its cute and small I don't know why anyone though she would get it.
It's hard to explain, it's just easy to picture Jessie sending out and commanding an Inkay or Malamar. My prediction for TR in this series was for Jessie to get Inkay, James to get Pancham, and both of them to evolve simultaneously.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
James caught the Inkay? I wasn't expecting that.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw it.

It's hard to explain, it's just easy to picture Jessie sending out and commanding an Inkay or Malamar. My prediction for TR in this series was for Jessie to get Inkay, James to get Pancham, and both of them to evolve simultaneously.

I thought Jessie would get Inkay and James Klefki.But I guess Inkay fits James,I see it being cute until it evolves...then it's monstruous and diabolical.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I thought Jessie would get Inkay and James Klefki.But I guess Inkay fits James,I see it being cute until it evolves...then it's monstruous and diabolical.

That was kind of the same as koffing to weezing, so it is possible it could evolve.

I'm a little surprised they chose wifglytuff. Ibwoyld have thought that since they can go back to using any old pokemon and not restricted like bw, they would have just went with chancey. Also the wigglytuff definitely is huge. Just compare it to any seen in an episode before.

Yea, here
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/071/I73.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/806/DP53.jpg

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Ash turns his hat around for a fletchling?! That gesture is sacred and should be saved for true emergencies, not for stuff
Like catching a fletchling! Thanks for devaluing the hat turn writers.

Ash turns his hat around for a fletchling?! That gesture is sacred and should be saved for true emergencies, not for stuff
Like catching a fletchling! Thanks for devaluing the hat turn writers.

Really, just beucae you don't like the Flechling, doesn't mean the writers should be blamed for using Ash's thing of a Pokemon when he did this for other Pokemont in Unova?

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
Really, just beucae you don't like the Flechling, doesn't mean the writers should be blamed for using Ash's thing of a Pokemon when he did this for other Pokemont in Unova?

I think Tropius19 was being sarcastic lol.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
My god that Wigglytuff, are we sure its not a Chansey in coplay? Why's it so big, and why's its ears so small? Oh well its a nice surprise! I thought they would have kept Audino however since its in the Kalos Dex, which they seem to be sticking with in terms of Pokemon this gen... sans Meowth/Persian for obvious reasons. Therefore looks like Zigzagoon and Maril might be the new Patrat and Deerling (with the former still having the chance to return).

Anyways, pictures and comment run through make this seem like a great episode. Happy Ash caught Fletchling, shame about is movepool however once it evolves it should get some interesting new replacements. Also like tat James caught Ikay, although its capture was very similar to Yemask.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Kinda knew he was going to catch Fletchling. But that's okay. Fletchling is a lot more awesome than any other native Flying-Type anyway. But I had no idea it could use Air Cutter? It is not in its level-up moveset..
And yay, James and Inkay!

But.. I'm wondering: Is Clement and his sister Ash's new travel companions?

Kinda knew he was going to catch Fletchling. But that's okay. Fletchling is a lot more awesome than any other native Flying-Type anyway. But I had no idea it could use Air Cutter? It is not in its level-up moveset..
And yay, James and Inkay!

But.. I'm wondering: Is Clement and his sister Ash's new travel companions?

It is it's Egg move and yes, Bonnie and Clemont are his travel companions.