• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Beach Without Water (OU Sand RMT)

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
A Beach Without Water

So, recently, I was asked to help someone with their team. Said person wanted to make a sand team. After helping them, I realized I wanted the build a sand team too. So I took a pokemon or too from that team, and built this, a Beach Without Sand!

450.gif

So, I started with the great Hippo, Hippowdon, for setting up Sand.
450.gif
028.gif

Next was Sandslash, for Sand Rush Abuse.
450.gif
028.gif
649.gif

Genesect was next. He was going to be a scarfed U-turn Special Sweeper.
450.gif
028.gif
649.gif
423-east.gif

Here was a tricky part. I had no idea what to add next. So I added Gastrodon. Being able to soak up water attacks for this team is a huge plus.
450.gif
028.gif
649.gif
423-east.gif
485.gif

I added Heatran next, since I wanted a good fire type.
450.gif
028.gif
649.gif
423-east.gif
485.gif
251.gif

For my last pokemon, I had no idea what I wanted. So, I went for Celebi, to form a Grass-Fire-Water thing.
450.gif
639.gif
649.gif
423-east.gif
485.gif
251.gif

After adding Celebi, and testing the team, I made two changes. I changed Sandslash for Scarf Terrakion and I made Genesect a mixed Sweeper.
450.gif
473.gif
649.gif
423-east.gif
227.gif
251.gif

MamoSwine and Skarmory were added in place of Terrakion and Heatran.
450.gif
473.gif
639.gif
423-east.gif
227.gif
381.gif

Terrakion was brought back in place of Genesect and Latios replaced Celebi.

450.png

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Now, every Sand team needs someone to set up said Sandstorm, correct? Now, the only two Fully Evolved Pokemon that can do that are Tyranitar and Hippowdon. Hippowdon just seemed to work better for this team when I was deciding between the two, so I went with the great Hippo.

The EVs maximize walling capabilities, as well as with the nature. This set is basic. Set up rocks, Phaze, Heal, Phaze, etc. EQ is hardly ever used, but I don't need anything else, so I keep it.

Mamoswine.png

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Mamo, recommended by Dr.Ciel, is very useful. It has Priority to majorly hurt many of BW2s new treats. Tornadus(T), Thundurus-T, Landorus(-T) and many Dragons are hurt by it's Ice Shard. it is a great, Anti-Meta pokemon.

Icec Shard is for priority, well Icicle crash, Stone Edge and EQ are either stab or coverage. Basic EVs and nature. Stone Edge is the move I'm most unsure of though.

shiny_terrakion_dreamworld_art_by_muums-d3hnmyz.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

Terrakion. I hate this guy. I've been doing competitive for a few months now, but this is the first time I used him. It hated it so much, I refused to use it. And now, I see why I hate him. He just sweeps so much.

I was facing problems with Tornadus-T, so I decided to Scarf him. EVs are obvious basic sweeper EVs, same with nature. Moves are easy as well. Dual STAB, A more accurate STAB and a coverage move.

8c8772b200295f319ddeaad88076bd67-d46h2xh.png

Gastrodon-East (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Good Special Wall, plus he absorbs all Water type attacks aimed at this team. Consider this team is sort of water weak, it is very valuable. Come in on the Water Switch, Soak it up, and just Tank.

EVs and Nature provide Max Special Defense and HP, along with a little Physical bulk. Earth Power and Ice beam were recommended on Smogon. Toxic and Recover allow for Stalling.

Skarmory__Normal_Coloration_by_Xous54.png

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory, one of the main defensive pokemon of OU. This guy replaced my Heatran. He works a lot better than him. I dunno why, he just does. They do have completely different roles though.

Weird EVs I know. All of my pokemon seems to have weird EVs. Max Special Defense, 252 allows for easy Walling/Stalling/Phazing. 4 speed let's it Outspeed some other Skarms. Spikes since I already have Rocks, Roost to heal Whirlwind to phaze and Brave B to attack.

Latios_Normal_Coloration_by_Xous54.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Latios is a great special sweeper. Boasting an awesome Base Speed of 110, a Special Defense stat of 110 and a Special Attack stat of 130, he knows his job. Sadly, his physical bulk is lacking. 80 HP and 80 Base Defense means that me isn't willing to take many hits.

Dragon Pulse is his main attack, plus it revives STAB, becomaing a Dragon type attack. He has access to BoltBeam, granting him great coverage. Hidden Power Fire rounds off the set, allowing him to hit pokemon that would otherwise threaten him.

Latios is my newest pokemon, and the one I'm least sure about. Would appreciate any and all ideas for him.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Gastrodon-East (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

I appreciate any rates! Thanks guys!

Heatran6Render.png

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 28 Def / 216 SAtk / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Magma Storm
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power

A great Genesect counter, probably the best. Heatran is amazing. I've found use for him on so many Teams.He can go Defensive, Offensive, Phazer, and that's just 3. I even saw a Physical Heatran once.

The EVs here look a little weird, so I'll explain. I wanted a perfect Genesect counter, so I made one. EVs let Heatran take very little from U-turn, well Special attacks are weakened a bit. 4 Hp is always helpful as well. I gave Max speed and then dumped the rest into Special Attack. So this is probably like a Tank Heatran. Dragon Pulse lets me hit Dragons for good damage, well Magma Storm is my Main Stab. I'm thinking about Changing Mamga Storm to something more reliable, since it's missed in a lot of You-Die-or-I-Die Situations. HP Grass is just plain old Coverage and Earth Power hits other Heatrans. Speaking of other Heatrans, that a reason to why I have a ballon. I have no Ground resists other than Celebi on this team, so The Balloon was needed.

Destiny%20Genesect.png

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- X-Scissor
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Flame Charge

Genesect, I love this guy. So many options to use. He run Physical, Mixed, Special, Scarf, Rock polish, and other sets as well. I'm pretty sure most of us have used this predator before, but if you haven't, what are you waiting for?

He was Scarfed, but I added Terrakion. I didn’t want two Scarfers, so I went for a mixed sweeper set. EVs make his attacking stats equal, while giving him max speed. Nature does the same. I went hasty, but I'm not sure. I want some thoughts on that. The set is something I'm proud of. X-Scissor is his main stab, and when Download boosted, gets very powerful. Giga Drain is a great move. It lets him recover, plus, it catches so many people off guard. Ice beam is for Dragons, since he is my main dragon killer. And Flame Charge, one of the reasons I love this set. Flame charge lets me get a choice scarf just by using the move! If I use it again, I get the same speed as a rock polish. Plus, I get to attack and change moves whenever. It's great!

Celebi_v_2_by_Xous54.png

Celebi @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SAtk / 36 SDef / 252 Spd
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

Celebi, the Time Traveler. Celebi and Heatran have great synergy together.They resist each other weaknesses perfectly. Now Celebi has a lot of options too. One of those options is a trick set, which is my favorite Celebi set.

Like I said, it's a Trick set. Cripples walls, or sweep. The EVs are to Max Speed, have a little Special bulk, and dump the rest into Offense. Nature maximizes Speed. Trick to Cripple Walls, HP Fire for Coverage, same as Earth Power. Giga Drain for STAB and Recovery.

-

I do not take Credit for any of the images used.

Last edited:

Cherche

Banned
Hey there. That's a really cool team you got going on there. It has the potential to make a big impact on this current meta. I have some suggestions that you can try that can make this team even better than it already is. Firstly, your team is severely weak to Mixed Infernape, as it can hit your whole team for super effective damage and KO your Gastrodon with Grass Knot. To help patch up this weakness, I suggest that you use a Scarf Rotom-W over your Terrakion. With Rotom-W in your team, you can check all the fire types that threaten your team with a Super-effective Hydro Pump. You also seem to be weak to Choice Scarf Salamence once Hippowdon goes down. To help with this weakness, I suggest that you use a Mamoswine over your current Genesect. With Mamoswine in your team, you will be able to KO all the dragons that are serious threats to your team. That's all I got for this team. I really hope that I helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

479e.png

Rotom @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power [Fire]
Trick
Volt Switch

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Life Orb Lv. 100 -- Snow Cloak
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Icicle Crash

~Dr Ciel~

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Hey there. That's a really cool team you got going on there. It has the potential to make a big impact on this current meta. I have some suggestions that you can try that can make this team even better than it already is. Firstly, your team is severely weak to Mixed Infernape, as it can hit your whole team for super effective damage and KO your Gastrodon with Grass Knot. To help patch up this weakness, I suggest that you use a Scarf Rotom-W over your Terrakion. With Rotom-W in your team, you can check all the fire types that threaten your team with a Super-effective Hydro Pump. You also seem to be weak to Choice Scarf Salamence once Hippowdon goes down. To help with this weakness, I suggest that you use a Mamoswine over your current Genesect. With Mamoswine in your team, you will be able to KO all the dragons that are serious threats to your team. That's all I got for this team. I really hope that I helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

479e.png

Rotom @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power [Fire]
Trick
Volt Switch

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Life Orb Lv. 100 -- Snow Cloak
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Icicle Crash

~Dr Ciel~

Hey.

Thanks for the rate, I appreciate it. Rotom>Terrakion makes me a little too Specially based then. Mamo helps with that, but I'm not sure. I'll test these out though.

McDanger

my turn
breloom plows through your team bar celebi, tornadus t does a lot of damage as well as keldeo
volcarona plows through every bar heatran if it has giga drain, so you need to lean on scarf terrakion to hit with stone edge to KO. i suggest rock polish genesect as he isnt to good mixed
i would switch heatran to skarmory for a physical wall and helps with your landorus problem

Skarm™

Light It Up
a landorus-t can sweep through the entire team, so you might want to look out for it, and build up a resistance for it, maybe add in a wall that can soak things, maybe something that can be immune to EQ's from it, and take it's flying attacks. perhaps skarmory is of recommendation? also, just lettign you know, if they manage to kill skarmory, you're dead, so maybe put two things that can counter it. and one more thing, a sand team dosent always have to have a bunch of ground/rock/steel pokemon, so maybe put something that checks its weaknesses

Pretty solid team. I, myself, have never made any kind of weather team, due to me having no access to my laptop or wifi. But, ot seems well. 7/10, for my rating.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
my turn
breloom plows through your team bar celebi, tornadus t does a lot of damage as well as keldeo
volcarona plows through every bar heatran if it has giga drain, so you need to lean on scarf terrakion to hit with stone edge to KO. i suggest rock polish genesect as he isnt to good mixed
i would switch heatran to skarmory for a physical wall and helps with your landorus problem

a landorus-t can sweep through the entire team, so you might want to look out for it, and build up a resistance for it, maybe add in a wall that can soak things, maybe something that can be immune to EQ's from it, and take it's flying attacks. perhaps skarmory is of recommendation? also, just lettign you know, if they manage to kill skarmory, you're dead, so maybe put two things that can counter it. and one more thing, a sand team dosent always have to have a bunch of ground/rock/steel pokemon, so maybe put something that checks its weaknesses

Thanks guys. I'll switch Heatran for Skarmory. Hopefully that'll help a bit.

patthecat11756

I like the team. With everybody so gaga over Drizzle Teams and trying to hard counter with Sun teams, I'm looking forward to how people are using Sand and non-weather now.

Hippowdon I do enjoy a lot. With Tornadus-T and Keldeo, Hippowdon is a more superior choice. I've been playing with the idea for a specially defensive tank Hippowdon that can tank special hits better, but then again even with Max HP/Sp Def and Leftovers, he's still practically OHKO by unboosted, no LO Hydro Pump by Keldeo.

Terrakion is very versatile and I love using him. I enjoyed his Double Dancing Set, SubSD + Rock Gem set. Now I am also running a Choice scarf set to handle Tornadus-T. Having Earthquake, Close Combat and Stone Edge is a bit overkill as far as coverage goes. Close Combat/Stone Edge offer nigh perfect coverage. I would recommend having Rock Slide over Earthquake. The reasoning is elementary, you need a reliable STAB attack to hit Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T. If your stone edge misses (and it will, guaranteed at least once, right when you need it NOT to miss) you will regret it as Tornadus-T hits you with Superpower or Thundurus-T flies by with choice scarf volt switching away to an obvious scizor counter to pick you off. Rock Slide alleviates this and will give you a reliable STAB that cleanly OHKO both threats and Gyarados, Abomasnow, Ninetales and other misc. threats.

I like the Genesect set, it's very creative. My only thing is that it's walled 100% by Heatran. If Heatran is let loose on your team and Terrakion is gone thanks to an ill-timed Stone Miss, your team is in trouble. HP Grass Heatran with Fire Blast would hurt Hippowdon, Terrakion, Gastrodon, Genesect and Celebi. If Heatran comes in without a balloon, then earth power takes care of him. I would recommend HP Ground somewhere on there. Ground/Ice coverage is very good and you have Flame Charge and to top it all off you do have X-Scissor as your STAB. I would personally get rid of Giga Drain as it doesn't add much to your team, especially with Heatran with HP Grass and Celebi with Giga Drain.

Gastrodon is just perfect, one of my favorite pokes, hands down :)

Heatran is good, no complaints here.

Celebi I would make just two changes and only one is necessary in my book: HP Fire to HP Ice. You have Flame Charge on Genesect and Heatran and Close Combat on Terrakion, you can handle Steel types, I assure you. HP Ice lets you hit dragons and Gliscor. Also, would you consider Choice Scarf over Choice Specs? I know it seems overkill to have (2) revenge killers, but between the two of them, they have fantastic coverage and Celebi is able to revenge kill +1 Dragonite. Terrakion could do it also, but you don't have a reliable STAB in Stone Edge. Again, I see the plus side of Specs Celebi, it's just an idea to consider. Also, Giga Drain over Leaf Storm is another debatable idea. I would've though you would go for Max Power and just rip those Politoed apart, but that's me.

Other than that, I like this team a lot. You have the F-W-G core in Heatran/Gastrodon/Celebi. You have efficient revenge killers. I would just watch out for Scarf Mamoswine (Which is stupidly popular now) as it could cause problems by hitting Hippowdon and Celebi with supereffective Ice attacks, Terrakion and Heatran with ground attacks. It can hit Genesect and Gastrodon (which hurts since Genesect is running -Def and Gastro is running +Sp Def) for neutral damage with it's coverage moves.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
I like the team. With everybody so gaga over Drizzle Teams and trying to hard counter with Sun teams, I'm looking forward to how people are using Sand and non-weather now.

Hippowdon I do enjoy a lot. With Tornadus-T and Keldeo, Hippowdon is a more superior choice. I've been playing with the idea for a specially defensive tank Hippowdon that can tank special hits better, but then again even with Max HP/Sp Def and Leftovers, he's still practically OHKO by unboosted, no LO Hydro Pump by Keldeo.

Terrakion is very versatile and I love using him. I enjoyed his Double Dancing Set, SubSD + Rock Gem set. Now I am also running a Choice scarf set to handle Tornadus-T. Having Earthquake, Close Combat and Stone Edge is a bit overkill as far as coverage goes. Close Combat/Stone Edge offer nigh perfect coverage. I would recommend having Rock Slide over Earthquake. The reasoning is elementary, you need a reliable STAB attack to hit Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T. If your stone edge misses (and it will, guaranteed at least once, right when you need it NOT to miss) you will regret it as Tornadus-T hits you with Superpower or Thundurus-T flies by with choice scarf volt switching away to an obvious scizor counter to pick you off. Rock Slide alleviates this and will give you a reliable STAB that cleanly OHKO both threats and Gyarados, Abomasnow, Ninetales and other misc. threats.

I like the Genesect set, it's very creative. My only thing is that it's walled 100% by Heatran. If Heatran is let loose on your team and Terrakion is gone thanks to an ill-timed Stone Miss, your team is in trouble. HP Grass Heatran with Fire Blast would hurt Hippowdon, Terrakion, Gastrodon, Genesect and Celebi. If Heatran comes in without a balloon, then earth power takes care of him. I would recommend HP Ground somewhere on there. Ground/Ice coverage is very good and you have Flame Charge and to top it all off you do have X-Scissor as your STAB. I would personally get rid of Giga Drain as it doesn't add much to your team, especially with Heatran with HP Grass and Celebi with Giga Drain.

Gastrodon is just perfect, one of my favorite pokes, hands down :)

Heatran is good, no complaints here.

Celebi I would make just two changes and only one is necessary in my book: HP Fire to HP Ice. You have Flame Charge on Genesect and Heatran and Close Combat on Terrakion, you can handle Steel types, I assure you. HP Ice lets you hit dragons and Gliscor. Also, would you consider Choice Scarf over Choice Specs? I know it seems overkill to have (2) revenge killers, but between the two of them, they have fantastic coverage and Celebi is able to revenge kill +1 Dragonite. Terrakion could do it also, but you don't have a reliable STAB in Stone Edge. Again, I see the plus side of Specs Celebi, it's just an idea to consider. Also, Giga Drain over Leaf Storm is another debatable idea. I would've though you would go for Max Power and just rip those Politoed apart, but that's me.

Other than that, I like this team a lot. You have the F-W-G core in Heatran/Gastrodon/Celebi. You have efficient revenge killers. I would just watch out for Scarf Mamoswine (Which is stupidly popular now) as it could cause problems by hitting Hippowdon and Celebi with supereffective Ice attacks, Terrakion and Heatran with ground attacks. It can hit Genesect and Gastrodon (which hurts since Genesect is running -Def and Gastro is running +Sp Def) for neutral damage with it's coverage moves.

I'm actually testing Rotom-W over Terrakion and Mamoswine over Genesect. (Check Dr.Ciel) Switched out Heatran for Skarmory. Need to update.

After testing, I've decided to keep Genesect, but add Mamo over Terrakion. Kill change in a bit.

Last edited:

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
small change, but I would make Mamoswine's nature Jolly over Adamant. Most every Dragonite doesn't run Jolly with max speed, so this ensures that you will outspeed and 1HKO it with Icicle Crash, or at least speed tie with Dragonite if it does run Jolly. This will also put you ahead of Timid Heatran, and neutral natured Lucario.

and Skarmory's EV spread doesn't need to be the way it is. A simple 252 HP / 4 def / 252 spD would suit you much better. You're really getting nothing out of that 1 attack and 1 speed point, just go for the most bulk you can.

Not sure what your doing with 36 spD on Celebi, but I don't believe it needs it. 252 spA / 252 spe / 4 spD looks better. 100 base spA isn't anything crazy spectacular so getting the most power you can is needed.

edit*

Yes as EK said, Brave Bird > Drill Peck is a good idea.

Last edited:
Hey Cool 1 thin i would say from a quick look over it is on Skarmory Brave Bird > Drill Peck this allows skarm to deal alot of damage much faster and 99% of the time your stalling with skarm anyways so the recoil doesnt add up too much

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
small change, but I would make Mamoswine's nature Jolly over Adamant. Most every Dragonite doesn't run Jolly with max speed, so this ensures that you will outspeed and 1HKO it with Icicle Crash, or at least speed tie with Dragonite if it does run Jolly. This will also put you ahead of Timid Heatran, and neutral natured Lucario.

and Skarmory's EV spread doesn't need to be the way it is. A simple 252 HP / 4 def / 252 spD would suit you much better. You're really getting nothing out of that 1 attack and 1 speed point, just go for the most bulk you can.

Not sure what your doing with 36 spD on Celebi, but I don't believe it needs it. 252 spA / 252 spe / 4 spD looks better. 100 base spA isn't anything crazy spectacular so getting the most power you can is needed.

edit*

Yes as EK said, Brave Bird > Drill Peck is a good idea.
I just brought Celebi from a different Team I had that required that little bulk.

Thanks. I'll definetly go with Jolly Mamo.

Skarm shall be changed.
Hey Cool 1 thin i would say from a quick look over it is on Skarmory Brave Bird > Drill Peck this allows skarm to deal alot of damage much faster and 99% of the time your stalling with skarm anyways so the recoil doesnt add up too much

Noted. Will change. Thanks.

Also, I need to update the RMT, but I have brought Terrakion back instead of Genesect and I have replaced Celebi for Latios. I'll try to update today.

Rotom-F

Team Rater
Well, nice team, 9/10 but Hippowdon doesnt have Whirlwind, and Roar isnt inferior cause Soundproof pokés almost doesnt exist. Scarf Terrakion isnt that good as Choice Band (That 2HKO Skarmory with Close Combat) or Sword Dance Set (Terrakion dont need Rock Polish because hes already fast) with Substitute or Taunt. Anyways, i think Landorus is a superior Option than Terrakion, because of His ability, and because he cant U-turn Out. You could use a set with Choice Scarf, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hidden Power Ice with Naive Nature, If that happen, you could use it Over Mamoswine and Put Sword Dance on Terrakion :). Every bulky water Pokémon without Scald is a waste, and Gastrodon is no exception it has 30% chance of burn, and that really creeps Physical Attackers Switching in, it is a superior option over Earth Power. Latios, Even with Choice Specs, Draco Meteor is a superior Option, OHKO all Sweepers after Stealth Rock that arent Steel Types. Also Bolt Beam is easily resisted in OU, and Ice Beam and even more Thunderbolt on Latios is useless, and Trick and Psyshock/Surf makes it really more better.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Hippowdon doesnt have Whirlwind, and Roar isnt inferior cause Soundproof pokés almost doesnt exist.

He actually does.

Scarf Terrakion isnt that good as Choice Band (That 2HKO Skarmory with Close Combat) or Sword Dance Set (Terrakion dont need Rock Polish because hes already fast) with Substitute or Taunt. Anyways, i think Landorus is a superior Option than Terrakion, because of His ability, and because he cant U-turn Out. You could use a set with Choice Scarf, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hidden Power Ice with Naive Nature.

I'll put Scarf Dorus over Terrakion.

Every bulky water Pokémon without Scald is a waste, and Gastrodon is no exception it has 30% chance of burn, and that really creeps Physical Attackers Switching in, it is a superior option over Earth Power.

Gastro will stay as is, since it's worked out great so far.

Latios, Even with Choice Specs, Draco Meteor is a superior Option, OHKO all Sweepers after Stealth Rock that arent Steel Types. Also Bolt Beam is easily resisted in OU, and Ice Beam and even more Thunderbolt on Latios is useless, and Trick and Psyshock/Surf makes it really more better.

This is the best part of your post. From what I read, you propose a set like this.

- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychock or Surf

Your post confused me a bit.

Testing the changes you suggested.

Last edited:

Rotom-F

Team Rater
He actually does.

I'll put Scarf Dorus over Terrakion.

Gastro will stay as is, since it's worked out great so far.

This is the best part of your post. From what I read, you propose a set like this.

- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychock or Surf

Your post confused me a bit.

Testing the changes you suggested.

Well you were right, and Hippowdon has Whirlwind xD, i was looking for the wrong page. Earth Power Gastrodon sounds gimmick because It beats Poison and Steel pokemons that couldnt suffer for Toxic, but that only works in teory. I admire you test new sets, because mostly people just create bad teams and never come to see the topic again. Nice one, after the changes i could say 10/10

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Well you were right, and Hippowdon has Whirlwind xD, i was looking for the wrong page. Earth Power Gastrodon sounds gimmick because It beats Poison and Steel pokemons that couldnt suffer for Toxic, but that only works in teory. I admire you test new sets, because mostly people just create bad teams and never come to see the topic again. Nice one, after the changes i could say 10/10

Smogon also recommend EP over Scald. It works for me and hey, Why fix what's not broken?