• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A beginners Fan Art. (Clannad/K-On! fandom.)

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
So about, I think two and a half weeks ago I decided I wanted to practice at something I could improve on and enjoy at the same time. So basically I decided I weanted to try drawing anime, so what I did was try and draw some pictured I liked on paper and see how I did.
Keep in mind I'm a beginner, 2 weeks fresh, and I pretty much know what wrong with all my pictures, but you can still critique if you feel you want to.
(Posted from oldest to newest.)

Kotomi
Alex_1-2.jpg

Well I didn't realize my scanner would make everything 50% brighter. o.0

Fuko
Alex_2-2.jpg

I cannot stand things not being in colour, that being said, I did not hasve the correct pencil crayons to use on Fuko here at the time.

Fuko
Alex_3-2.jpg

I wasn't sure how to tilt the head properly on this one, also the thing in from of the star in her hand is a knife and at the time I thought it was something that went around her hair as a sort of decoration, but didn't realize it was a knife. Also the hair isn't coloured because I didn't want to mess it up too much more like the last picture.

Kotomi
Alex_5-2.jpg

The chin on this one is to narrow and not low enough. The finger are not natural and too close. The strand of hair closest to her neck on the left side doesn't need to be there. I tried to give her skin some kind of colour with the light touch of yellow, bad idea.

Kyou
Alex_6-2.jpg

This is one of my better ones, except the neck might be too long.

Ushio
Alex_7-2.jpg

Decided to see if I could do the background, but most of the lines are off.

Tomoyo
Alex_8-2.jpg

Chin is too narrow, eyes are too full, and the mouth didn't go the way I wanted it to go.

Nagisa
Alex_9-2.jpg

The left eye is smaller then the right making her look stoned.

Kyou and Tomoya Okazaki
Alex_10-3.jpg

Her mouth is slightly too high.

Kotomi
Alex_11-1.jpg

Probably one of, or is, my best. Except the uniform top is too long, the skirt should start almost right below the pockets.
"It bends here."

Kotomi
Alex_12.jpg

Body might be slightly too skinny, the eyes are maybe too small

Mio
Alex_13.jpg

Head might be too narrow, I do however like the eyes on this one.
I know there are many other things wrong with these drawings, but those are just the main things.

The first 11 are from an anime called Clannad, the last one is from K-On!

I also plan on drawing characters from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky*Star and maybe Inuyasha and Air.

Hopefully after a while, I won't need to look at a picture to actually draw it and I can actually draw just from my head.

Shadow Flame

The Philosophizer
well they're actually pretty good, but a few things I can suggest are smoothing our your line art out lining things a bit arker if ur gonna out line in colored pencil. I would honestly suggest using pen on the face too, but thats more just a preference.

since ur copying from a picture its hard to critique for main points but yeah try to straighte out your lines and smooth them so they aren't so squiggley and consider coloring with dark or fuller colors, cuz even though the coloring is pretty good, its a bit flat.

I hope that all made sense, but yeah you've got some good stuff keep up the good work and practice practice practice!

mew_nani

Uh... You lost me.
Wow! You're good, at least twice as good as me! (Realy, I'm horrible.) I especially like the eyes and the hair. I especially luv Kotomi, her uniform is so cool! Ad Fuko is sooo cute! Keep up the good artwork! ^-^

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
well they're actually pretty good, but a few things I can suggest are smoothing our your line art out lining things a bit arker if ur gonna out line in colored pencil. I would honestly suggest using pen on the face too, but thats more just a preference.

since ur copying from a picture its hard to critique for main points but yeah try to straighte out your lines and smooth them so they aren't so squiggley and consider coloring with dark or fuller colors, cuz even though the coloring is pretty good, its a bit flat.

I hope that all made sense, but yeah you've got some good stuff keep up the good work and practice practice practice!

Yea, I know about all that, I'm trying to improve, also realize that the scanner makes things 50% brighter, it looks better IRl. XD

A new one:
Alex_14.jpg

pokeaidmissy

You basically told us all that I see that could be fixed. Your definately improving, the only thing I can advise that you haven't already stated is that it seems shakey (though you are improving on that) and you need to give yourself more credit! These are great for a beginner!

~Keep it up!

Naomi

Addict of the Knife
Since you've aready gone through and made note of the anatomy issues, I'll just make a little suggestion.

I like that you pay attention to areas that need shading, however the coloring is a bit messy. There are a lot of little "white spaces" that distract from the shading and little details. May I suggest you try taking a little dab of rubbing alcohol and smoothing it over the colored portions of your drawings? It helps with blending and giving the colors a more solid appearence. Just my two cents, anyway.