• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Better Pill To Swallow! (172)

ZilverLox

Banned
Good episode! Seeing all the Pokemon go crazy over Team Rocket, including Meowth with James and Pikachu with Jessie, is just one of the funniest scenes ever on the show. It was really cute when Pikachu fell in love with Jessie and then snapped out of it and blasted off TR. I also love Old Man Shuckle and Spoopy, they're great for laughs too.

Vipsoccermaster

Hilarious episode. Crazy to see all the Shuckle and other Pokémon get attracted to Team Rocket. Very funny that Shuckle licked Jessie's belly twice. Too bad they never got the consequences of drinking the purple juice until later. Old Man Shuckle and Spoopie the Bellsprout were cool characters in this episode. Old Man Suckle with the mysterious light (flashlight) was humorously silly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Thinking back, it's actually strange that even though Tsubotsubo is half Bug-type, Kasumi didn't react to it the way she normally would when she encounters a Bug-type Pokemon. It's just something that I noticed.

Daizy

I call you honey
Old Man Shuckle's medicines seemed kinda sketchy like drugs. I was actually glad when we saw Brock refuse the "love potion" at the end because he was so much better than that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Old Man Shuckle's medicines seemed kinda sketchy like drugs.

They were basically the kind of drugs that scientists and doctors would consider to be alternative medicine, which is probably why the process of making them was made so ridiculous in this episode as a way of making fun of that practice.

I always imagined that Shuckle's first appearance would happen in Cianwood City since that's where you could find them in the games. So an episode where we saw a herbal medicine maker search for Shuckles was pretty out there. I liked how Brock was learning some things about medicine in this episode even though he never put his new knowledge to practical use after this episode.

I liked that Pokemon medicine was explained in detail since I remember medical herbs being used in the games but it was never really shown in the anime. I thought that the old medicine man was the most funny character that we had seen so far in the Johto episodes and Brock's dedication to learning the craft of medicine making was good for him. My favorite scene was when Bellsprout went around looking for the Shiny Shuckle under rocks and stuff. 8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Honestly if Misty was sick in this episode, I would have enjoyed it more instead of Ash.

What would've been the difference? I mean on one hand we had never seen Kasumi get sick before, so that would've been a refreshing change from the norm here. But at the same time, it probably wouldn't have made a big difference as far as the plot was concerned.

Simping Shuckle

Meowth is simping for James