• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Bike [PS One-Shot][PG]

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
A Bike

It wasn’t anything special, shiny and red. The rubber on the handlebars so comfortably worn that she most likely wasn’t the first owner. I had leapt onto the seat without a second thought and began to pedal off into the direction she had pointed out. The good boy I was raised to be would have asked politely. My mother tried the best she could, but manners were something I threw out the window in most situations. A near dead pokemon in my arms was one of those situations.

I honestly didn’t mean to burn it up, the spearow came after us and I tried to distract them. If we want to get technical, it was Pikachu that ruined the bike, but who can blame him? Not I and certainly not the girl. Yet she followed me all the way to Viridian City with her charred bike on her shoulders. To her, the bike meant freedom and I had taken that. She wasn’t going to let me get away with it either. Suddenly the duo of my Pikachu and I became a trio. Then a quartet when our other friend Brock joined in, but this isn’t about him. This is about her.

Her. Misty. With the pin straight orange hair and freckles so small you could hardly see them across the bridge of her nose. Her eyes weren’t quite blue and they weren’t quite green but they had the power to see into the depths of your soul. She almost never wore dresses, opting for shorts instead. Her temper was as short as they come, but she could be sweet when she wanted to be which was hardly ever. When I became a pokemon master there were tons of girls that wanted me. Nice girls, beautiful girls, the sort of girls that would stay home and do all the cooking and cleaning like my mom does. A nice life, hot shot trainer who goes out and sees the world with his wife waiting patiently for him at home. The funny thing is that I didn’t want these girls; I wanted Misty. And Misty isn’t the sort of girl that waits for anything patiently. Although, she waited for me.

For 10 long years she waited for me to realize that we had something special. She knew, but then Misty’s always been smarter than me. Not that I’ll ever tell her that. She’s known since we were 11 that I was her soul mate. I took longer, I didn’t see it until we were 21, but oh, we made up for the lost time. I was glad it took me so long to realize Misty and I were made for each other. It meant that both of us had been with other people. She wasn’t the first person I kissed, or even the one I lost my virginity to. Those milestones were experienced with other people, same with Misty. The fumbling hands and awkwardness that comes with your first time was gone, leaving us the opportunity to fall into a passionate rhythm. Besides, when it’s your soul mate, you don’t have time to worry about that sort of stuff.

We married quickly, after only dating for a 7 months. Partly because there was no point in waiting, we knew that we had found The One. Partly because we found out that Misty was pregnant. No, it wasn’t the ideal. Generally you date for awhile, get married, and the kids come a little later. Nothing was ever perfect, but it worked. Our son came first, a few years later he was joined by a sister. Our last child, a spunky red head like her mother, and my secret favorite; came as a shock to us both.

Imagine, a dorky little kid from Pallet Town growing up to become one of the youngest pokemon masters and marrying the girl of his dreams. And it all started with a bike.

“Ash?”

My attention was brought back to the real world by a voice. I turned my head slowly meeting up with her eyes. Not quite blue, not quite green, and they were laughing at me. My gaze fell to the floor; her shoes were well worn yellow flip flops, her footwear of choice since having 3 kids to chase after. I followed her up taking in the jeans and yellow polo shirt until finally catching her gaze again, grinning.

“Did you figure out what we should get Jake?” she asked crossing her arms over her chest.

Oh, yeah. The reason I had found myself standing in the…appliance…section…I could feel my face turn red as she raised an eyebrow at me. I was usually pretty good at picking out gifts for our children, but this was different. This was Jake’s 10th birthday and we wanted to make sure we got him something special that he could take with him on his own journey; which he was eager to start.

“I can’t think of anything good enough. Maybe we should go with your idea and get him a backpack full of supplies…” I trailed off kicking myself for not coming up with something better. Misty sighed, disappointed as well and started to walk towards the camping aisle for a backpack. In a flash it hit me, the perfect gift. I grabbed her hand roughly and started to pull her toward the back of the store.

“Ash! What are you…” she asked running to keep up with my quick strides. I stopped abruptly pulling her in front of me gazing at the racks with a grin. It took Mist a second but once she realized what I was thinking, she laughed out loud.

“He might need one to meet girls.” I joked.

“He’s going to roll his eyes and groan when he sees this.” She shook her head, still laughing.

I didn’t respond, it was true, our children had heard the story of how we met so many times they could tell it as if they were there. Still, I walked down the aisle eying every bike I passed until I saw it. Red, with a tiny bell and black rubber grips on the handles. Nothing special, but it was perfect.

The End​

a/n: I had to post it, I was reading a lot of hints lists and I kept seeing the bike over and over again that this short little thing popped into my head. It's only a little over 1,000 words and pure fluff. I wrote it in one sitting so let me know what you think. I know that Ash and Misty may be a little ooc, but they're also in their 30s, it's called growing up.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Very short and sweet. I enjoy the whole idea, I like how you've added all the hints and portrayed them in your one shot. Very genuine and believable too.

It wasn’t anything special, shiny and red. The rubber on the handlebars so comfortably worn that she most likely wasn’t the first owner. I had leapt onto the seat without a second thought and began to pedal off into the direction she had pointed out. The good boy I was raised to be would have asked politely. My mother tried the best she could, but manners were something I threw out the window in most situations. A near dead pokemon in my arms was one of those situations.

This brings back many memories of the first episode of pokemon.

Imagine, a dorky little kid from Pallet Town growing up to become one of the youngest pokemon masters and marrying the girl of his dreams. And it all started with a bike.
/QUOTE]
Amazing how one moment can change everything.

We married quickly, after only dating for a 7 months. Partly because there was no point in waiting, we knew that we had found The One. Partly because we found out that Misty was pregnant. No, it wasn’t the ideal. Generally you date for awhile, get married, and the kids come a little later. Nothing was ever perfect, but it worked. Our son came first, a few years later he was joined by a sister. Our last child, a spunky red head like her mother, and my secret favorite; came as a shock to us both.

“Ash?”

My attention was brought back to the real world by a voice. I turned my head slowly meeting up with her eyes. Not quite blue, not quite green, and they were laughing at me. My gaze fell to the floor; her shoes were well worn yellow flip flops, her footwear of choice since having 3 kids to chase after. I followed her up taking in the jeans and yellow polo shirt until finally catching her gaze again, grinning.

“Did you figure out what we should get Jake?” she asked crossing her arms over her chest.

Oh, yeah. The reason I had found myself standing in the…appliance…section…I could feel my face turn red as she raised an eyebrow at me. I was usually pretty good at picking out gifts for our children, but this was different. This was Jake’s 10th birthday and we wanted to make sure we got him something special that he could take with him on his own journey; which he was eager to start.

“I can’t think of anything good enough. Maybe we should go with your idea and get him a backpack full of supplies…” I trailed off kicking myself for not coming up with something better. Misty sighed, disappointed as well and started to walk towards the camping aisle for a backpack. In a flash it hit me, the perfect gift. I grabbed her hand roughly and started to pull her toward the back of the store.

“Ash! What are you…” she asked running to keep up with my quick strides. I stopped abruptly pulling her in front of me gazing at the racks with a grin. It took Mist a second but once she realized what I was thinking, she laughed out loud.

“He’s going to roll his eyes and groan when he sees this.” She shook her head, still laughing.

I didn’t respond, it was true, our children had heard the story of how we met so many times they could tell it as if they were there. Still, I walked down the aisle eying every bike I passed until I saw it. Red, with a tiny bell and black rubber grips on the handles. Nothing special, but it was perfect.

This last part was really funny, I like the addiction of the family and the relationship detail.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
I read this a couple of nights ago and kept reminding myself to review. xD

I thought this was really cute! I like how you explained how the bike meant significance to both Ash and Misty, telling how they eventually got together. SO MUCH FLUFF. <3 But what I like the most about this one-shot was that instead of Misty's point of view, we got Ash's! Not a lot of fics put the spotlight on his point of view, so I applaud you for that. :3

I likeed these parts about the fic:

ashlyrose said:
When I became a pokemon master there were tons of girls that wanted me. Nice girls, beautiful girls, the sort of girls that would stay home and do all the cooking and cleaning like my mom does. A nice life, hot shot trainer who goes out and sees the world with his wife waiting patiently for him at home. The funny thing is that I didn’t want these girls; I wanted Misty. And Misty isn’t the sort of girl that waits for anything patiently. Although, she waited for me.

That part I felt was a powerful element into the story! Because Ash speaks that Misty isn't like other old-fashioned girls; whenever she wants something, she'll get it somehow. I thought that part described Misty very well in terms of attitude and being herself. ;3

In a flash it hit me, the perfect gift. I grabbed her hand roughly and started to pull her toward the back of the store.

Wonderful ending! I thought it was great for Ash to think of the bike as a gift for their son! Like he said, he'll need it to meet a girl along his life. ;3 A very sweet way to end the one-shot.

Bravo! ^O^

ashlyrose

lovebug<3
Yay! Reviews!

First off, I want to thank you guys so much!! I know I'm not the absolute best writer, but I'm trying to get better and ANY feedback is much appreciated!!!

Amazing how one moment can change everything.

That is the absolute best way to put it! It's really funny because I'm actually working on a fic right now with that as it's main theme....though it's a bit sadder than this one...

This last part was really funny, I like the addiction of the family and the relationship detail.

Wonderful ending! I thought it was great for Ash to think of the bike as a gift for their son! Like he said, he'll need it to meet a girl along his life.

having Jake's birthday gift as a bike similar - or actually, was it identical? - to Misty's was pure genius and a nice way to tie it all up.

I'm so glad that you all liked the end! To be completely honest, when I first wrote it the ending was when Ash finished reflecting on their relationship. But them giving a bike to one of their kids just kept coming to mind. I was afraid it would be too cheesy but went with it anyway. It's good to know that it's a hit!

But what I like the most about this one-shot was that instead of Misty's point of view, we got Ash's! Not a lot of fics put the spotlight on his point of view, so I applaud you for that.

THANKS!!! I was hoping that someone would like that part! When I started writing it, it was just a story. Then I thought to myself that someone should be telling the story, and I couldn't see that someone being anyone other than Ash. In the anime it's completely obvious how Misty feels, with Ash it isn't so much. And there's so many different interpretations out there about him, that he loves her and knows it but doesn't say anything and that he loves her but doesn't know it, or that he doesn't love her...yet. I had to have an Ash story, he's a fun personality to write. I had so much fun with it that he's the one telling my next fic!