1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!! (1076)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Legends' started by Serebii, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!!

With Ash's Z-Move having not had any effect on Hau's Decidueye, Decidueye has come back with its Sinister Arrow Raid Z-Move, which Rowlet luckily managed to dodge. However, the battle continues on and, with Rowlet not having fully mastered Feather Dance, the battle gets even more tense. Will Rowlet be able to pull through and bring Ash to the semi finals? In addition to that, the Top 8 match between Sophocles and Kiawe begins...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wolf jani likes this.
  2. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Thank god for spoilers. My soul went to the A&E at the halfway point.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  3. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Well Rowlet’s Quirky personality nearly kicked Ash out

LilligantLewis and wolf jani like this.
  4. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Biggest fake out my god, REALLY had me going WHAT but Rowlet managed to pull out Feather Dance or substitute I couldn’t really tell. Battle went on for too long for no reason though, needed more of Kiawe vs Sophocles in this ep

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

This has to be one of, if not the, worst SM episodes yet. Just terrible.

6. Doppelgänger

It's 100% Substitute. It still hasn't been identified yet, but we have a visual now of Rowlet creating the double.

I'm glad I was able to predict how this ending would be written!

Substitute to escape trapping would be pretty busted in the video games. Cover your eyes and plug those ears, GameFreak!

wolf jani likes this.
  7. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Sky Attack actually being shown charging was nice, Sun and Moon is paying attention to the secondary aspects of moves like Zap Cannon having low accuracy, Outrage confusing the user and now Sky Attack needing to charge, good direction for the anime to head towards!

8. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

What about this episode made this in your opinion the worst one in SM?

wolf jani likes this.
  9. Doppelgänger

Ash also got some vindication from OS.

Squirtle was ruled unable to battle during the Indigo League because he was asleep. Bulbasaur was ruled unable to battle during the Orange League championship, because he was paralyzed.

Hala got the call on the field right.

10. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Why is this episode the worst

wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  11. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Despite liking long battles and this battle was relatively long for 1 on 1 , it wasn't that good. It didn't make sense at some times (like Decidueye fainting after several shots while Rowlet was standing still after same amount of shots) then Decidueye hitting Rowlet with legs/claws instead of attack.Kiawe vs Soph is a good start. Ok episode. It could've been better like if Rowlet evolved here.. or if it was shorter battle. Also, funny how Hau won for a second then Hala is like nope, he's asleep. Rowlet is like Gary Stu here lol. Plot armor is strong with this one, that's why this is OK episode.

12. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

the heck is Meltan doing?

So it was substitute, nice move, also way to nearly cost your trainer rowlet.

being put to sleep by a move, and falling asleep yourself (from laziness or habit) are two different things, though I do agree that back then that was a stupid call since a status effect shouldn't cause an instant result.

I would not want to be vikavolt come next week, i'm surprised Hala's refereeing that match, I figured they were going in reverse order so Olivia would've gotten this one, and Hala would've gotten Guzma vs Lana.

wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  13. Doppelgänger

Rowlet used Fake Out!
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Serebii lost 100% of its health!
    Serebii fainted!

Serebii woke up!

14. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

My boy Hau was robbed.

15. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Oh my god, I nearly had a heart attack.

Sun&Moon trooooooolllllllzzzz so hard!

16. Doppelgänger

It looks like the reason Rowlet fell asleep was because he was idling while the Substitute was using Brave Bird. The sub was destroyed by Sky Attack, revealing the hidden Rowlet.

It was the right call but it was really cruel to Hau. Needlessly cruel.

17. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Sky Attack lands a super effective hit on Rowlet only for it to just sleep on it.

Keep being yourself you little owl!

18. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Substitute is such a cool move, this is extremely innovative. I have no clue why they did give it one of Satoshi’s mon yet? It’s especially perfect for Mukuroh who often falls to his own sleeping habits or can’t escape at times.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Next time people talk crap about any other league defeat bar Kanto, I hope they remember this "fight". Ash would deserve be kicked out on top 8 just because of that fake out, even if it's part of rowlet's personality.

Honestly, I think Hala did just concede continue the battle to humbles Hau with some lesson about arrogance (which he kinda was), but Hau was robbed. What a freaking BS.

20. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

thing is, that's not a good move for prolonged fights especially when you add Brave Bird into the mix.