• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!! (1076)

RafaSceptile

Well-established impossibilities is what this anime likes to destroy and pass it off as great writing.

Which is why we have Kyurem change between forms at will without needing a key item or even Zekrom or Reshiram around.

Or Mirror Coat nullifying all damage at no cost.

Or Feather Dance behaving like Substitute somehow.

Or Gladion being allowed to insert memories into Sylvally to nullify attacks which is then praised as something smart by everyone else. Like, real life players can only waste items, but they never get that benefit. We do that and that would be cheating of high order.

Or X Scizzor destroying Trick Room for...well....reasons

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The only non-stupid lose was Ash VS Harrison.

• Ash VS Ritchie was totally BS, thanks TRio
  • Ash VS Tyson, the final battle between Pikachu and Meowth sucked
  • Ash VS Tobias, the ultimate dream crusher
  • Ash VS Cameron, who in the staff thought this was a good idea?
  • Ash VS Alain, I still think the worst part was the hype title "Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Battle!!" I don't care at all if those were 2 differente sentences, this is Ash's anime and he is the protagonist of the episode on the title card
Tbh the problem with Ash vs Alain is mostly on the marketing rather than on the episode itself (especially since he was the "moral victor" of the TF arc)

RafaSceptile

Tbh the problem with Ash vs Alain is mostly on the marketing rather than on the episode itself (especially since he was the "moral victor" of the TF arc)

Goodra was another problem on the episode itself. It sucked, not even a single legit win during the tournament. We see the typical Pokémon that returned during the league before and after this with Charizard, Gliscor or Naganadel, but at least those Pokémon had the opportunity to really shine.
Another problem was how both trainers were so dependent on specific Pokémon, and more with Ash, it really feels like Pikachu and Greninja's league since Pikachu won 1/3 of Ash's battles and Greninja was supposely the ace of the league.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Goodra was another problem on the episode itself. It sucked, not even a single legit win during the tournament. We see the typical Pokémon that returned during the league before and after this with Charizard, Gliscor or Naganadel, but at least those Pokémon had the opportunity to really shine.
Another problem was how both trainers were so dependent on specific Pokémon, and more with Ash, it really feels like Pikachu and Greninja's league since Pikachu won 1/3 of Ash's battles and Greninja was supposely the ace of the league.
To be fair, Goodra was against mons that pretty much countered him directly (slurpuff because duh, bisharp because its superior mobility gave it a huge advantage), yet he still managed to tie with Slurpuff and deal a lot of damage to Bisharp. Won't deny that Pikachu did hog a lot of screentime, but Greninja really didn't, he just popped up at the end of Ash's two main fights

RafaSceptile

To be fair, Goodra was against mons that pretty much countered him directly (slurpuff because duh, bisharp because its superior mobility gave it a huge advantage), yet he still managed to tie with Slurpuff and deal a lot of damage to Bisharp. Won't deny that Pikachu did hog a lot of screentime, but Greninja really didn't, he just popped up at the end of Ash's two main fights

Greninja won 30% of Ash's wins (including the first one against Altaria), Pikachu won 40%. And yes, I guess Goodra was on disadvantange but still, for example, Gliscor was (and still is) the Ash's Pokémon with the lowest win rate so far and he was able to defeat Paul's Drapion, and Charizard had a disadvantage against Golem and Blastoise and he was able to sweep Gary's remaining Pokémon.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Or Feather Dance behaving like Substitute somehow.
It didn't. Rowlet took damage, just not as much as it would've otherwise, hence how it survived a Z-Move, two Brave Bird recoils, and two Sky Attacks
Or X Scizzor destroying Trick Room for...well....reasons
Because...it erects walls within which Trick Room is in effect? So you destroy the walls to negate the effect. Simple.
Or Goodra evolving using its own Rain Dance. (Okay, how the hell did they screw that up.)
Rain is rain, so it counts.

Get those silly game mechanics out of here.

RafaSceptile

It didn't. Rowlet took damage, just not as much as it would've otherwise, hence how it survived a Z-Move, two Brave Bird recoils, and two Sky Attacks

Because...it erects walls within which Trick Room is in effect? So you destroy the walls to negate the effect. Simple.

Rain is rain, so it counts.

Get those silly game mechanics out of here.

Ash Greninja's giant Water Shuriken by merging all its clones with Double Team

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Trick room is a psychic type move (whi chi is weak to bug) so I always thought that’s why x scissor could destroy it.
Agreed, and that's also what they actually said out loud in the show (at least in the dub)

RafaSceptile

Trick room is a psychic type move (whi chi is weak to bug) so I always thought that’s why x scissor could destroy it.

That doesn't mean that it should be possible. We see the collision between 2 movements where one of those is super effective and this one not always is the "winner" of the collision

Last edited:
Grabs popcorn

FIRST THE WRITERS USE PLOT ARMOR TO MAKE ASH LOSE IN KALOS WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE WON AND HAVE GRENINJA A WATER TYPE GO OUT TO BLAST BURN A FIRE TYPE MOVE AND WATER RESISTS FIRE AND THEN THEY USE PLOT ARMOR TO MAKE ASH WIN TO NOT ONLY GIVE HIM A MYTHICAL AND ULTRA BEAST BUT TO PULL ROWLET SLEEPING GAG OUT OF THEIR ASS IN ORDER TO MAKE ASH WIN ALOLA, WHICH IS A JOKE LEAGUE?

XY stans like myself are rightfully salty. Honestly, maybe Ash didn't deserve to win the Alola League but that match was just pathetic. After all THE REASON WHY ASH LOST THE KANTO LEAGUE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE CHARIZARD WAS SLEEPING SO THEY JUST REVERSE THAT LOGIC IN ORDER TO GIFT ASH THE WIN. And this is why I dislike Ash's Rowlet, even though I like the species. The sleepy gag was funny at first but it got old quick, and it should have never been used during the middle of a battle. I feel bad for Hau, even if he is a bland character... he got screwed by his grandfather. It just felt so forced.

Why the hell didn't he win in Kalos. He was robbed.

RafaSceptile

Grabs popcorn

FIRST THE WRITERS USE PLOT ARMOR TO MAKE ASH LOSE IN KALOS WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE WON AND HAVE GRENINJA A WATER TYPE GO OUT TO BLAST BURN A FIRE TYPE MOVE AND WATER RESISTS FIRE AND THEN THEY USE PLOT ARMOR TO MAKE ASH WIN TO NOT ONLY GIVE HIM A MYTHICAL AND ULTRA BEAST BUT TO PULL ROWLET SLEEPING GAG OUT OF THEIR ASS IN ORDER TO MAKE ASH WIN ALOLA, WHICH IS A JOKE LEAGUE?

XY stans like myself are rightfully salty. Honestly, maybe Ash didn't deserve to win the Alola League but that match was just pathetic. After all THE REASON WHY ASH LOST THE KANTO LEAGUE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE CHARIZARD WAS SLEEPING SO THEY JUST REVERSE THAT LOGIC IN ORDER TO GIFT ASH THE WIN. And this is why I dislike Ash's Rowlet, even though I like the species. The sleepy gag was funny at first but it got old quick, and it should have never been used during the middle of a battle. I feel bad for Hau, even if he is a bland character... he got screwed by his grandfather. It just felt so forced.

Why the hell didn't he win in Kalos. He was robbed.

Charizard was being disobedient, not sleeping, that was a dub thing if I remember correctly. And no, XY Ash wasn't robbed, Alain's MCX was legitimately stronger than Ash-Greninja.

Charizard was being disobedient, not sleeping, that was a dub thing if I remember correctly. And no, XY Ash wasn't robbed, Alain's MCX was legitimately stronger than Ash-Greninja.
I know but Ash was robbed by the writers

RafaSceptile

I know but Ash was robbed by the writers

The only reason why it feels like that is because they were hyped things so much during previous episodes and even making a special water shuriken that was irrelevant during the Team Flare arc.

However, also pointing out about the Charizard situation vs the Rowlet situation:
1) Different leagues, different rules
2) Final decisions being corrected by human errors happen all the time in real life, and
3) More than 20 years of difference between both episodes