• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!! (1076)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
thing is, that's not a good move for prolonged fights especially when you add Brave Bird into the mix.
The move was perfectly fine and did its job, Substitute clearly doesn’t work the same way as the games with stealing HP to fuel it. It’s another way to address Mukuroh’s stealth while also throwing the opponent off guard and allowing Mukuroh some time to get its bearings. The battle was fine, Mukuroh was fine but man I do feel a little bad for sunshine child.

p96822

Evolve me please
Substitute is such a cool move, this is extremely innovative. I have no clue why they did give it one of Satoshi’s mon yet? It’s especially perfect for Mukuroh who often falls to his own sleeping habits or can’t escape at times.
That was feather dance

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Ah, so that was the upset they were going for after setting up Feather Dance:
Mokuroh wins using his new ultimate move, PLOT ARMOR.

I mean, I actually did enjoy the battle as a whole, but that's a serious stretch.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Bullet seed/seed bomb need of stones, feather dance being a flying type protect and substitute doesn't waste health. Anime wise, Rowlet have a more solid moveset than any other of Ash's unevolved starters, but show it as a determinator would be way better than yet another sleep joke.

Now I want Ash lose this league, really.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That fake out was so obvious yet it almost got me. Imagine how Hau must have felt seeing his grandfather of all people point that out

Hau should have won that match. There was already hesitation towards Rowlet winning due to the evolution power gap but the execution was pretty disappointing. Didn’t help that I didn’t feel tension during the fight and felt like this was a casual battle for most of the episode

Toucannon smiling is a rare moment that we should appreciate. The subplot of Meltan reaching its friends was a nice setup. This episode finally gave more of the Pokèmon’s mood while watching the matches. Sophocles vs Charizard seems to be promising thankfully as the League is lacking in battles and we’re already in the Top 8

5/10: Meh. What a unsatisfying end to a rivalry

TheScentedApple

ok so there are two questions needing answered.

1. was it substitute or featherdance.
2. the heck is Meltan doing?
Re-watching it, there is feathers that come from the decoy so maybe it was Feather Dance?

Meltan is most likely calling all the other Meltan to the league so it can evolve into Melmetal against Gladion, Guzma seems a little too early, and Melmetal could be Ash's win condition

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Didn’t help that I didn’t feel tension during the fight...
That fake out was so obvious yet it almost got me.

That's tension right there.

I imagine in the future, if Ash wins, people will look at this episode and find it really tasteless/pointless. Rowlet's sleeping habit was played for a gag but here it wasn't funny and just came across as cruel.

The ONLY reason that scene was effective is because there's people like us, hoping like hell as wins. It was convincing enough that I questioned if the summaries were not fake.

If anything, dropping a fake loss here would suggest Ash doesn't go through the same thing against Gladion. You can only milk the audience once with this kind of twist.

Re-watching it, there is feathers that come from the decoy so maybe it was Feather Dance?

It's clearly Substitute. Rotom even says Rowlet's move doesn't resemble Feather Dance at all.

Substitute has not been identified yet, and I think that will play a role in the future since Ash isn't aware of the learned move.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That's tension right there.

I imagine in the future, if Ash wins, people will look at this episode and find it really tasteless/pointless. Rowlet's sleeping habit was played for a gag but here it wasn't funny and just came across as cruel.

The ONLY reason that scene was effective is because there's people like us, hoping like hell as wins. It was convincing enough that I questioned if the summaries were not fake.

If anything, dropping a fake loss here would suggest Ash doesn't go through the same thing against Gladion. You can only milk the audience once with this kind of twist.
I wasn’t tense. When I say “it almost got me”, I meant as in laughter