• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!! (1076)

nuzamaki90

Rewatched the episode today and yea, the battle and the surrounding events were just as bad as I remembered. Rowlet getting saved by the clothes should’ve been illegal and grounds for disqualification right then and there. I could maybe stomach it surviving Decidueye’s barrage of attacks because it resists them for the most part, but it surviving Sky Attack is just ridiculous lol.

And that fake out was just messed up. Hala waited until the announcement was made, commentary from the announcer, the sign to change, the crowd to cheer, and Hau to have his own celebration moment before bringing in the bad news. Also, everyone including Ash were largely unapologetic about the whole thing even after the battle ended. Then finally Hau’s frustrations are never addressed any further, it’s honestly hilariously sad. Felt like I was watching someone’s villain origin story.

Kind of childish to be ridiculing someone else's opinion on a different platform while you don't even offer any argument whatsoever. So they like it, so what? Let people enjoy things.
Ok then

RafaSceptile

I still don't get the massive hate for this battle.
Is it a great battle? No, but comparing this with Ash vs Elesa or Ash vs Cameron is a bit too far

RafaSceptile

It was very nasty on Hau, especially when his grandpa essentially and indirectly helped Ash to continue battling. Then we're all treated with Hau crying for losing.
I know Hau is fairly popular for a rival but Hau was already treated very poorly in the series. Only an episode focusing on his rivalry with Ash prior to the league, not showing any of his Battles in the Battle Royal and his Battle against Samson was just half showed.

I cannot feel more sorry about Hau than I already felt before this episode because he was already made very dirty.

It felt like a great big F-you to Decidueye who is one of the most Popular Pokemon in Alola
That's fair but using that logic I could hate a couple of battles too.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Well, this is the biggest load of crap I’ve ever watched in terms of pokemon league battles and Squirtle in the indigo league is a thing. The battle was unnecessarily long and Decidueye’s attacks should’ve finished Rowlet. Hau actually deserved to win, not only was he in control for most of the battle, but he evolved his pokemon and studied his opponent rather than relying on luck or “friendship” power. I also call BS on the grandpa for magically noticing that Rowlet was “asleep”. There was no need to create all of this nonsense for the sake of league drama. A good battle, with actual strategy would’ve been enough.