1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (808)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY' started by Serebii, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Santalune Gym Match! The Elegant Vivillon's Dance Battling

Finally arriving in Santalune City, Ash decides to rush to the Gym to battle Alexa's sister, Viola. When they arrive at the gym, they meet Alexa who introduces them to her sister. Ash is eager and immediately challenges her. Learning she's a Bug-type trainer, Ash ends up with a bigger challenge than he had thought when her Surskit freezes the battleground, causing Pikachu to stumble. Will Ash manage to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  2. playerking

playerking Not in the mood.

The episode starts with Serena again.

She's at a cabin like Pokemon Center with Fennekin on the table and she sipping from a cup.

Now Ash and co. are running through Santalune city and then Clemont falls over.

Ash is standing in front of a fountain posing, before someone takes a picture of him.

The woman is Viola.

Ash goes to enter the gym and then a Helioptile jumps through the front doors and knocks Ash to the ground.

Alexa then comes out afterwards and she meets Clemont and Bonnie.

Viola is behind all of them and after they talk they enter the gym which is full of Viola's pictures of Bug Pokemon.

It seems Celmont has a problem and walks out of their, dragging bonnie with the Aipom Arm.

Serena walks through a city and has a remembers Ash as a kid again.

Ash and Viola then start their gym match.

Viola brings out Surskit, which Ash uses his Pokedex on. He then chooses to start with Pikachu.

Pikachu uses Quick Attack, but Surskit blocks it with Protect.

Pikachu uses Electro Ball but Surskit then uses Ice Beam and the two attacks collide in mid air.

Surskit covers the field in ice.

Surskit uses Ice Beam again, but Pikachu uses Thunderbolt.

Ice Beam is stronger and it knocks Pikachu back.

Surskit uses Ice Beam again and Pikachu loses.

Ash then brings out Fletchling to battle Surskit and after that, Serena shows up to watch the gym match.

Fletchling uses Double Team and then Air Cutter(?) and Surskit loses.

Viola then brings out a Meadow Pattern Vivillon.

Dare Da? Vivillon.

Vivillon uses Psychic and then fires a SolarBeam at Fletchling.

Fletchling is knocked out and Viola is declared the winner.

Clemont is holding Pikachu and Ash picks up Fletchling. Clemont gives Pikachu to Ash.

Serena stands there worried and then notices that Ash left his bag behind.

Ash takes his Pokemon to the Pokemon Center.

Viola is on a couch looking at her picture with Ash and Alexa is on the side of the lounge, also looking at it. Alexa then walks off.

Bonnie is feeding Dedenne with Clemont next to her.

Ash in sitting down on a small wall, thinking about the battle.

Serena then gives Ash's bag back to him.

Ash's Pokemon are now healed back to health and then Nurse Joy shows Serena and Ash the Nurse Joy's in Kalos.

Serena then brings out her Fennekin.

Alexa then starts a battle against Ash and uses her Noivern and Ash uses Pikachu and Fletchling.

Ash stops Pikachu and Fletchling from flying away, from Noivern's Gust(?).

Serena then walks over to Ash and gives him a cloth or something.

Ash accepts it.

To be continued.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  3. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

The episode starts with Serena and Fennekin. Serena goes out of the Pokemon Center in the forest.
    Ash goes to Shauntalane City to go to the Gym. Clemont can't run again.
    Viola takes a photo of Ash in the water font. Ash goes to the Gym without noticing that he has met jthe GL just before.

The gang has arrived to the Gym. They found an Helioptile. And after that, Alexa.

Now they finding out that Viola is the Gym Leader. They are showing the photos that Viola are doing during her photographer run. All of them appears to be Bug types. Dedenne is very excited. Aparently Bonnie is playing the wife Clemont gag with Viola.

Now it's going to Serena and wants to met Satoshi.
    Piakchu is rodered to do a QUick Attack. Bublle does a Water attack.

Piakchu does Iron Tail.Now Pikachu does Elctro Ball while Surskit does a Ice Beam.
    More Surskit's Ice Beam. The field is froen.
    Piakchu can't cureently movd

Surskit is mkoving through the ice but Pikachu ccan't move. Uses Iron Tail.
    The Gym attle is about to start.

Pikachu vs Surskit (a minute early, but is confirmed).

Piakchu is fainted. Ash is going to use Fletchling.

Attention: Serena is now at the gym. She has meet Satoshi.

Fletchling starts Surskit uses Ice Beam. Fletchling uses DOuble Team. Fletchling is bhit with ??? and Ash wins.

Viuoal uses Vivillion.

Dare da?

The answer is Vivillion

Now Ash dexes VIvillon. Flethcling uses Peck on Viviullion. Vivillon uses PSychic.

Vivillon uses Gust right now. Flethcling is trppaqed in the wens of the gym. Vivillo uses Hidden Power. Flethcling loses

Ash lsoes the Gym Battle. Piakchu and Fletchling are hurt. Ash is sad right now.

Ash is in the Pokemon Center and doesn't get he chance to meet Serena yet.

Clemont and Bonnie are in the Center with Satoshi being sad. I found out that piakchu was defaeted by Signal Beam

Attention:Now Ash met Serena while the Center pokemon are well.

Serenna is seeing her new got Fennedkin. ASh will check it.

Now Alexa re-appears with the gang Now it's time to Ash andAlexa training. Alexa uses Noivern. Piakchu and Flwethling re using Balloon.

Noivern uses Gust. Piakchu siffers for that. Another attack from Noivern Piakchu and Fletchling fall from that.

Seren says something to Satoshi . And now the episode really ends.

Edit: Hyper Bema who lSurskit can't learn which Signal Beam which Surskit learn.

4. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

It's been a while since I've done this..

Dedenne seems to be new in the opening, over Fletchlings grave..

So I've missed the first part, but I saw that they met Viola already but moved on.
    So they're with Alexa now.. Ash explains they travelled earlier :)

5. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

As I expected, the thin smooth sheet of ice is what is causing problems, big time, there's absolutely nothing for Pikachu to move to and from off of.

6. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

Hidden Power? Are you sure about that? I really hope this doesn't mean it will be overused again. So much Hidden Power in BW...

7. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Ash loses, as known, but Pikachu didn't even get to battle Vivillon and Fletchling beat Surskit. That's all I could ask for..

Oh, and I thought the battle was intense enough.. Pikachu forshadowed a bit of what it's going to do to with the ice, stick his tail in it...

8. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Finally one of Ash's basic bird won a battle. About time.

Overall nice episode, nice battle.

9. NPT

NPT Just a member

Wow, Viola is a photographer in the anime too. Great!

Whoa! She must be remembering the time when Ash held her hand.

Pikachu got defeated so quickly? Aww man......this seems bad.

Serena is in the gym? o_O

Now it seems Fletchling and Surskit's battle ended faster. But it's about time Ash's Kalos bird won it's first gym battle.

I think Fletching is gonna lose this one.

I knew that's gonna happen.

Oh, Finally! Serena meets Ash. It's so nice of her to giving Ash his bag back.

I hope Ash wasn't confused about this Nurse Joy looking same as the Lumiose City Nurse Joy.

Looks like it's training time for Ash.

Oh!
    That handkerchief scene......As I expected, it happened at the end of this episode. Jeez, now I can't wait to watch this episode somehow.

Anyways, thanks for the episode synopsis playerking.

Nothing new here.....

Huh? They updated the opening with Dedenne? Well, that makes sense.

10. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

So I'm guessing that Ash has no idea who Serena is, right?

Also, what exactly did Bonnie say or do to Viola that caused Clemont to drag her away?

11. MastersOfMonsters

Probably something about that Viola would be a perfect wifu for Clemont. ^^ Finally, the male drags the girl away!

12. Rykel22

Rykel22 Info Gatherer

I have to say that Pikachu losing to Surskit do to lost mobility is probably to the way for Pikachu to lose.

13. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

So what does Serena say to Ash??

14. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

So Pikachu this time was somehow reset without even anything happened, he can't beat a Surskit(I know plotzz).

Ignoring that cool battle, cool episode, Serena whole thing seems so weird I really need to get used to her whole I want to meet Satoshi, shes pretty damn bland rigth now, hope they flesh her out because as of her start she is clearly the blandest of the girls, Bonnie seems 10x times more of an entertaining character.

Speaking of Bonnie her asking Viola to marry Clemont was pretty funny.

Oh and its pretty cool that Yayakoma has Razorwind.

15. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

No, no one used Hidden Power.

She asked if he remembered.

16. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Wow,awesome episode! Battle was great and Pikachu didn't take away too much time, too bad it got taken out easy but still understandable reason at least, now onto trainingXD Ash x Serena scenes were too cute, makes my shippy heart explode of happiness :)

Really looking forward to the next episode, wonder if Ash will remember?

17. MastersOfMonsters

Good, cuz' I've really tired of it. ^^

Can't wait to see the episode. Battle sounds good.

18. Rykel22

Rykel22 Info Gatherer

Has Ash ever dex'd a surskit before?

19. ALL OMNI 0

ALL OMNI 0 Member

Don't think so, but may have seen one, i feel sometimes this ash we see, is a clone of the Original

20. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Pikachu didn't seem reset this time. I can belive that it lost this time because of Ice on the ground and it not being able to move that will on ice.