• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (808)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You're both wrong and need to do your freaking research since I hate people who pull facts like these out of their ***.

Ash's Pidove defeated Snivy, who would later become part of Ash's team.

Um no. First of all, Pidove didn't defeat Snivy, she was still up when Ash threw the ball, second of all, that wasn't even an official battle and there was no win there.

kosthedin

Um no. First of all, Pidove didn't defeat Snivy, she was still up when Ash threw the ball, second of all, that wasn't even an official battle and there was no win there.
It still counts as a defeat since she was weak enough to be caught by Ash. She obviously didn't win, meaning she was defeated.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It still counts as a defeat since she was weak enough to be caught by Ash. She obviously didn't win, meaning she was defeated.

Um no, she could of still fought considering she was smirking when Ash threw the ball. She let herself get caught.

A win is when she is knocked out meaning the fainted eyes.

dman_dustin

Um no, she could of still fought considering she was smirking when Ash threw the ball. She let herself get caught.

A win is when she is knocked out meaning the fainted eyes.

I agree, Pidove did not defeat Snivy.

However Pidove COULD HAVE defeated Snivy, but yes, it didn't count regardless, because ONE, Snivy let Ash capture her and was not defeated although could have been defeated, and TWO Snivy was wild so even if Snivy was knocked out, it wouldn't have counted regardless.

I wish people would stop thinking wild battles actually mean anything, how about trainer battles, how about only they count?

So yes Fletchling is the ONLY basic stage bird that Ash has gotten that has an official win. And it is especially sad when you realize that Ash had Taillow longer than Starly and Pidove and it didn't get a win until it became a Swellow.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I agree, Pidove did not defeat Snivy.

However Pidove COULD HAVE defeated Snivy, but yes, it didn't count regardless, because ONE, Snivy let Ash capture her and was not defeated although could have been defeated, and TWO Snivy was wild so even if Snivy was knocked out, it wouldn't have counted regardless.

I wish people would stop thinking wild battles actually mean anything, how about trainer battles, how about only they count?

So yes Fletchling is the ONLY basic stage bird that Ash has gotten that has an official win. And it is especially sad when you realize that Ash had Taillow longer than Starly and Pidove and it didn't get a win until it became a Swellow.

True, Pidove could of beat Snivy. I agree that it wouldn't have counted regardless though.

Taillow was robbed in the rematch against Brawly, they could of let the poor thing at least beat Machop.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
True, Pidove could of beat Snivy. I agree that it wouldn't have counted regardless though.

Taillow was robbed in the rematch against Brawly, they could of let the poor thing at least beat Machop.

Taillow was also robbed of a chance to beat May's Torchic because of those annoying Norman-obsessed fans

So then tell me which one of Ash's regional birds has ever won a gym battle in its first stage?
Well, none yet.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
You're both wrong and need to do your freaking research since I hate people who pull facts like these out of their ***.

Ash's Pidove defeated Snivy, who would later become part of Ash's team.
So then tell me which one of Ash's regional birds has ever won a gym battle in its first stage?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Except Fletchling, none of Ash's regional won a gym battle in its first stage.
I think I see where kosthedin misunderstood us. Pokegirl and I were referring to gym battles but I guess kos thought we were talking about all battles in general. Still you'd think context would have clued him/her in to what we were talking about.

satoshi95

This was such a good episode! In fact, the XY series in general seems to have a much better sense of humour and is better thought out than the DP series and Black and White. I love the VS screen that comes up just before they go into battle, and I enjoyed the battle itself. I agree that Serena is quite a bland character as far as the female leading characters go, but I like the plot that's seeming more and more like a love story on her part. It's the first time Pokemon has ever done that consistently, I think. It's set to be a brilliant series!

DoctorDark

Overall decent dub episode. My only major issue is that they changed the music. It bugged me because I liked the Japanese original music and its a lot more energetic. In the dub its kinda quite and doesn't add excitement at all to the battle.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode was great. I was disappointed Pikachu lost to a Surskit though.

Vernikova

Champion
That Surskit was so tough. I don't even remember my first impressions when I watched this episode when it came out. Serena asking Ash of he remembered her made me laugh though.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That Surskit was so tough. I don't even remember my first impressions when I watched this episode when it came out. Serena asking Ash of he remembered her made me laugh though.
I think it was Viola's strategy more than Surskit. When she made the ice field she focused on getting Pikachu off hos feet so he'd be virtually imobilized. And if you can't move you're going to lose. Not saying Surskit is weak BTW.

Scrimbird

Ace Trainer
XY starts to look a lot like the original series. Great dub, great emotions, great animation... Yup, I really like that. The music also feels kinda « vintage ».

XY starts to look a lot like the original series. Great dub, great emotions, great animation... Yup, I really like that. The music also feels kinda « vintage ».

...I'm not seeing how XY is shaping up to look like OS. Several "patterns" that were upheld by OS have already been broken by this point. If anything, it's BW who fits that description; Bulbapedia and (I believe) the anime staff states that themselves.

Last edited:
Great dub, great emotions, great animation...

The dub sucks badly now, IMO, and I feel little to no genuine emotion with the XY Series, so I can't agree.

If anything, XY resembles AG minus that series that had a great dub and actually had genuine emotion in it (until BF when TPCi took over).

Pokegirl0102

The dub sucks badly now, IMO, and I feel little to no genuine emotion with the XY Series, so I can't agree.

If anything, XY resembles AG minus that series that had a great dub and actually had genuine emotion in it (until BF when TPCi took over).

I personally feel that you are blinded by your dislike of TPCI, because they have really been bringing it this season so far especially Sarah because Ash sounds much better and she has great comedic timing when me along with my nephews laughed when Ash said he had no clue where the gym was.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

XY is more like AG than OS IMO but it and the dub are still very much enjoyable

Last edited: