• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (808)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu didn't seem reset this time. I can belive that it lost this time because of Ice on the ground and it not being able to move that will on ice.

Terrain can play a factor in battles in the anime, it's not like this is the first time it has had an effect in battle.

FlyAsADunsparce

So Bonnie is gonna do the Brock-gag except for Clemont and Clemont is gonna drag her away using his Aipom Arm? That's funny lol.

Anyway Pikachu lost because Viola used clever strategy. Something that Ash isn't used to anymore after BW lol. Nice to see that his first gym opponent's already using some kind of strategy, which Ash needs to counter with another strategy. Just like in Sinnoh, where I think the best gym battles took place. I also really liked that Fletchling took out Surskit and that it'll get some good training too.

Maybe I shouldn't do it but I'm getting my hopes up for once!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If I were clemont I would marry viola.

If I were clemont I would marry viola.

i cant believe clemont denied that opportunity
i thought the battle was amazing atleast pikachu got a hit on surskit before fainting and fletchling got a win before evolving something tailow and starly couldnt do it gives me hope for it
also im glad TR didnt appear in this episode and stop the battle

SlimeStack

Bonnie and Clemont seem to be offering quite a diverse set of gags, I'm loving it.

I've seen bashing already from people who don't even watch the show, claiming that Pikachu is level 300 and can therefore OHKO anything, but screw them. The battle was great and the writers did a good job of snuffing out Pikachu and giving Fletchling a win and a decent attempt vs. Vivillion.

The way XY003 and XY004 went combined with the lack of Team Rocket here shows that the writers have a good idea of how to pace out their encounters with Ash so far, which is great. Good pacing is what they need above all else, they don't need to be serious or competent really.

The ending has also changed to include Fennekin, Dedenne and something beginning with "Ba" (Bashaamo/Blaziken? A sign of things to come?) in the lyrics instead of Pikachu, Froakie and Meowth. Would have been nice if there was some animation to reflect this, but it's cool either way.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Has Ash ever dex'd a surskit before?

I don't think it matters. I think the reason Ash looks up Pokemon that he had looked up before in his Pokedex is so that the viewers can know a little bit about the said Pokemon.

Overall, this episode was very well done. The gym battle was amazing and I loved the gag of Bonnie asking Viola to marry Clemont. Haha :p

BlueDragonfangirl

That or so Ash can remember what kind of attacks these Pokemon can do to fight against one, I see nothing wrong with that from time to time, with a gym battle most of all cuz people actually try not to lose at these thingsXD

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The ending has also changed to include Fennekin, Dedenne and something beginning with "Ba" (Bashaamo/Blaziken? A sign of things to come?)

Baketcha.
Which could be very interesting if it actually means something.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't think it matters. I think the reason Ash looks up Pokemon that he had looked up before in his Pokedex is so that the viewers can know a little bit about the said Pokemon.

Probably, Serena is going to be the one dexing old Pokémon while Ash dexes new Pokémon.

Baketcha.
Which could be very interesting if it actually means something.

For reference, that's Pumpkaboo's Japanese name.

But a Pumpkaboo? I assure you if it ends up with Ash, it might get traded away.

why didnt ash use froakie in his gym battle?...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
This episode looked amazing yet again. X & Y is a real turn around for the series, its great.
Awesome to see a Surskit again, and happy Sticky Web has already been shown AND used as part of a legitimate strategy. Its also great to see a Bird take centre stage over Pikachu and a Starter.

Can't wait for the Dub.

Last edited:

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Oh well, Pikachu has lost worse to than a Surskit.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Unfortunately, it appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" floating around again. Please make sure to not trust whatever random translation you stumble across unless you know it comes from a reliable source.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Unfortunately, it appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" floating around again. Please make sure to not trust whatever random translation you stumble across unless you know it comes from a reliable source.

So all those subtitles with Serena excited to meet Ash are wrong? She seems obsessed with him.