• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Brand New Adventure

M

Manihack

OOC: Sorry for the lonnnnnnnng delay, holidays and whatnot.

Seamus Dowling
Trainer

Backpack Contents:
10000 Credits
10 PokeBalls

Pokemon:
Bill (Eevee)

Pallet Town – Journey Day 1 – 12:00 PM

Seamus walked down the stairs to the kitchen to find his mother sitting at the table watching TV.

“It’s about that time Ma…,” he said, to which she had no reply. “You can’t ignore it forever you know…”

She refused to look at him, so, in his frustration, he decided he just had to leave.

“Bye Ma…I’ll have my PokeNav on if you ever want to talk to me again.”

He headed out the door with Bill, on a search for a Pokemon or two to accompany them.

Last edited by a moderator:

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer
9:37 AM
Pokemon: Horsea F, Zubat M
Badges: 1
Credits: 9,300

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She didn't notice the rumbling behind her, mainly because of the fact she was too busy leaping for joy toward the lighted door cut through the rock. The exit to Mt. Moon.

Then, Bazu started to sweat nervously, and suddenly transfered himself back into his pokeball, out of fright.

"UM! Bazu? Are you okay?" Reva looked down at the silent pokeball around her waist, then to Ryuki. They both shrugged, and continued frolicking merrily toward the exit.

Quite suddenly, a huge rumbling was heard, and Reva turned, just in time to see a very angry Geodude chasing a kid with a hat, who was running for his freaking life. Reva sidestepped the two quickly, and watched as they burst out into the sunset, now running in circles around each other.

"ARGH! If this wasn't so serious, it'd actually be funny!" Reva spat in anxiety, then turned to Ryuki.

"Ryuki, try a Water Gun on that Geodude, and distract it!"

Ryuki jumped off her trainer's shoulder eagerly. <AWRIGHT! TAKE THIS, ROCKHEAD!>

The small Horsea inhaled, and then out a jet of water toward the rolling pokemon, missing him a few times before dousing him with a jet of ice cold hydration.

There was a small silence as the Geodude turned it's furrowed head/body toward Reva and her pokemon.

And they both gulped.

Brock Harrison

Zephyr Trainer
Steven Arai
Newbie Trainer
Pokémon: Cubone (M)
Badges: None
10,000 Credits
At the exit of Mount Moon
9:39 AM

"Hey, Cubone...are you all-right?" Steve gasped in a fatigued heap on the ground.

The ground Pokémon wearily nodded.

"Good..." the young trainer breathed, standing up and dusting himself. "I was in such a panic, not noticing that we just got out of that tunnel! In record time, I'm sure!" he laughed. "Although," Steve paused, looking behind him, "I don't think our savior is fairing as well."

Sure enough, the agitated Geodude, which was formerly in pursuit of him and his Cubone, now had its stony sights set on the girl and her Horsea.

"Time to make like heroes ourselves, Cubone! Let's go!" Steve exclaimed. After tightening his hat, he made a beeline back to the opening in Mount Moon.

"Duuuuude, Geo!" the angered Geodude rumbled, pounding its way toward the new intruders.

"Cubone, Bone Club!!" a voice cried from behind. With a quick swing, the Pokémon sent Geodude flying into one of the cavern walls.

"Let's call it a 'thank you' for earlier!" Steve said happily. "That Geodude must have gotten on the wrong side of..."

Cubone interrupted its master by tugging on his pant leg and pointing at the recovering rock Pokémon. There was no doubt that it was more than just irritated.

"Cubone! Errr...Tail Whip!"

As the "lonely Pokémon waved its backside at Geodude, Steve and the female trainer fell over in stupidity. Cubone turned a slight red under his helmet

"Okay...not the best strategy," the teenager confessed, scratching his head.

Geodude seethed, crackling with energy and bracing itself for a Self Destruct.

"Gah! Time to make tracks!" Grabbing the trainer's hand, Steve rushed back out of the tunnel before the bright explosion enveloped the darkness, sending bits of debris flying in all directions.

Laying in a dazed heap outside of Mount Moon, Steve uncovered the other trainer and sat up. "I've got knack for first encounters," he said sheepishly.

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer
9:38 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pleh...bleargh....I can...bleh..see that.....gack...." Reva spat bits of dirt onto the ground as she stood slowly, flailing with her arms until she regained a semblence of balance.

Ryuki flickered her fins slightly and jumped on her trainer's shoulder, staring at Cubone with a kind of reproach.

"AWWWWWWWW MAN!"

Reva's shriek resounded through the air.

"YOU TOTALLY SCORCHED MY BAG!!!!"

She pointed furiously at the yellow backpack in her hands, smoking and burnt around the edges from the Geodude's assault.

"Oh yeah, 'go on a journey' they said, 'meet new people' they said. WELL THEY FORGOT TO MENTION THAT SOME PEOPLE TOTE ANGRY GEODUDES BEHIND THEM!"

Ryuki bobbed her head in agreement with everything her trainer said, fo rno apperent reason.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Aria Maida
Fair Trainer
Pokémon: Shuppet, Bellsprout, Graveler
Credits: 3,700
Route 3
7:10 PM

In crossing the threshold into Majorie’s cottage, Aria was plunged instantly into darkness. No sooner had she entered than the door snapped shut behind her; a frigid, prickling sensation creeping up along her back told her that Sebastian had somehow managed to slip to the back of the line, Lord only knew how, with the clear intent of frightening her. The effort was not altogether in vain; again, Aria certainly had not been expecting the Banette to sneak up behind her, and she still had no clue how he gotten there. It would have been far more effective, however were it not for the facts that Aria was quite used to the sensation of contact with a Ghost-type, possessing one herself as she did, and she was quite more concerned with her Ghost’s doings than what Sebastian was up to. As it was, she merely cast a mildly irritated glare back over her shoulder into the Banette’s glowing, scarlet eyes, and regarded him no further.

At some unseen corner of the cottage, a short distance away, an oil lamp came to life, casting a halo of light around a silhouetted profile of Marjorie. The old lady seemed to have completely forgotten for the time being that there was a visitor in her house, absorbed already in an act that had her hard at work over a modest stove, snatching small jars of indiscernable ingredients from nearby cabinets and shelves and sprinkling their contents into a simmering pot, causing a strong, herbal scent to fill the cottage. Aria was forcibly reminded of a witch standing over a bubbling cauldron.

While Marjorie worked, Sebastian went to stand by her side, hovering in midair to peer over her shoulder at what she was doing; then, apparently bored with observing that, he drifted over to a marginally-visible armchair and lowered himself into it. He folded his clawed hands and leered at Aria from his seat; more likely, Aria realized, he was leering at Dani. She frowned back at the Banette, not appreciating the way he continued to look at her Pokémon almost like prey. Seeming to pick up on Aria’s displeasure, Sebastian chuckled very softly, smiling diabolically.

Marjorie finished her task quite swiftly, putting out the fire beneath the pot; the moment she had done so, she called back to Aria, “Bring him over here, now!”

Aria heeded the call without delay, casting Sebastian an uneasy look as she passed him by. With only a couple of strides, she had crossed the space between the front dor and where Marjorie waited. The crone greeted her at once with outstretched arms, clearly desiring to be given the Shuppet. Aria, of course, was not inclined to do any such thing.

“There’s no time for this nonsense!” Marjorie said shortly. “There’s a method to this and you don’t know what it is! You’ll get him right back, I promise, but if you’d really rather have him die in your arms, then fine, don’t hand him over!”

Aria held a blazing stare upon Marjorie, hating her for putting her on the spot in such a way. Determined to watch her like a hawk, and even more determined to savagely punish the old bat if she did anything funny, broken arm and nearby Banette be damned, she handed Dani over even though it pained her in no small way to do so.

Marjorie immediately took to cradling the little Ghost in a single arm, while with her free hand, she pulled a ladle out from the pot. Though the pot had been simmering moments before, the liquid both it and the ladle contained gave off not a wisp of steam; Aria still worried that the concoction might be too hot. As she watched Marjorie bring the ladle to the Shuppet’s mouth, she wondered why she couldn’t have done this herself. She could certainly administer this remedy just as carefully and gently as the old lady would.

Except that the old lady did not give the remedy gently at all. In a swift, rather harsh move, she shoved the ladle into Dani’s mouth, pouring its entire contents at once into his throat. The Shuppet immediately snapped out of his lethargic stupor with wide, searingly luminous eyes, breaking into a series of loud coughing noises – he was clearly choking.

“Hey! HEY! What the **** do you think you’re doing?!” Aria shrieked, and immediately made a grab for Dani, who was now shaking violently as he fought to clear his throat. The commotion immediately drew Sebastian into the midst; the Banette placed himself squarely between Aria and Marjorie, the fierce glare in his eyes and the hissing deep within his throat clear signs that he cared nothing for the fact that his potential adversary was much taller than himself.

“Will you get a hold of yourself, you foolish girl?!” Marjorie scolded harshly. “I know what I’m doing here! He’s going to be fine!”

Aria could not be less convinced. Despite the Banette before her and the risk of suffering a Shadow Ball or worse that he represented, she still looked ready to tear the old crone apart at any second. However…with a strange suddenness, Dani’s violent fit of coughing subsided. The Shuppet lay there in Marjorie’s hold, his eyes still massive, breathing very hard. Then, with a soft moan, the little Ghost seemed to relax completely.

With a severe, admonishing glare, Marjorie handed Dani back to his speechless trainer, who wore an inscrutable expression as she took him back. Aria found at once that the Shuppet’s temperature had risen back to normal, and his tremors had ceased altogether. Dani blinked slowly a couple of times, then turned a clear, healthy gaze up at his trainer and smiled.

Aria held a dumbstruck expression for a few seconds. Then, a shaky smile spread wide across her face, and a second later, she broke into tears of amazement as she hugged her Pokémon as tightly as her single good arm could manage. She turned eyes that glittered with tears in the lamplight onto the face of the old lady, who returned a satisfied smile to the trainer who gazed upon her with wonder and gratitude.

“It was nothing,” Marjorie said simply, and set about at once to brewing some nice, strong tea.

Brock Harrison

Zephyr Trainer
Steven Arai
Newbie Trainer
10,000 Credits
9:40 AM

Steve shrunk back slightly from the female trainer's wrath. "Uhhhh...sorry about that...one thing led to another...and well...uhhh...here we are!" Steve scratched his head and laughed, but it apparently was not lightening the situation. Even Cubone shuddered as it sensed a feeling of bloodlust in the air.

Steve began to sweat bullets as he frantically tried to think of something to appease the fury. "Until I pay you back for the backpack, how about I carry your things in my bag? I've got more than enough room," he compromised, hoping that would suffice for the time being.

"The name's Steve, by the way. Steve Arai," he introduced, holding out an outstretched hand, "So, what's yours?" he asked with a somewhat clueless smile on his face.

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
Syria Tildal
Rocket Operative
Current Assignment:

Get Rocket Pokeballs from Vermillion City Global Police Station

Johanson's Meat Products
Vermillion City

Funds:

2600 Credits

Items:

Pokeballx3
Voice Modulator
Potionx2

Pokemon:

Kronos—Growlithe
Loki—Electrike
Thoth-Abra

Journey Day 3
9:45 AM

Syria walked through the doors of the meat shop and stopped to survey the store. She was glad that she had recalled all of her Pokemon. Kronos surely would have gone berserk, and started eating all of the meat—after frying it, of course.

She sighed and started walking down the aisles, glancing around for the proprietor, and quickly spotted him. He was a balding, fat man wearing a blood-spattered white apron—the stereotypical butcher. She made her way over to him, and smiled. “Hello,” she said, smiling, “I'm interested in purchasing some meat.”

The grinning butcher looked up at her. “What kind of meat did you have in mind?”

Syria grinned, and said the passcode she'd been given. “I've heard that the sweetest meat is the stuff that's left out in pastures in the moonlight.”

The smile froze for a second, then the proprietor's loud, booming laugh filled the butcher house. “Of course!” he exclaimed. “Let me show you our choice cuts. Jeffery! Jeffrey, you lazy bum, get out here and mind the till!”

Once they were safely in the back and the door closed, the Rocket Executive turned to Syria and grinned. “So you were the kid that brought the cops down on the two-bit,” the man laughed, and slapped his side, sending waves rolling through the thick rolls of fat that was his stomach. “I heard that you did a good job on that. Since you're here, I'm assuming that you've got a plan to retrieve our Pokeballs?” he asked.

Syria grinned, nodding. “That's right. Let me tell you what I had in mind.”

ooc: yeah, it's short and crappy, but I just needed to get a post in...

can't wait to do the actual op!

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer
9:40 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Reva Shijuku. Runaway trainer." She glared across at Steven for a few seconds, then gave up when his infalliable smile refused to falter.

She sighed heavily.

"WELL. Why not. Here." She fished her neccesities and small sleeping pad and supplies out of her bag, shoving them into his hands and shaking a finger in his face.

"If you lose ANYTHING, I'll have to murder you in your sleep. And then blame in on your Cubone here. Got it?"

She didn't wait for an answer. She liked talking. A LOT.

"So. You're a trainer...right? So does that mean we're both going to the same place? Cerulean Gym?"

Last edited:
S

Shadowcat

OOC: Whee! Saber shall be fighting me!

BiC:

Izumi Orimoto
Mount Moon
Novice Gym Trainer
11:20 AM
Pokemon:
Sincerity (Female Horsea)

"I've been wondering in Mount Moon for almost thirty minutes now, and I can't even find any Pokemon!" Izumi complained. Soon, a Geodude approached her, wanting a battle of some sort.

"If a battle's what you want, then a battle's what you get! Sincerity, take the stage!" Izumi responded happily, tossing out a Pokeball elegantly. Her Pokemon, Horsea, appeared, ready for battle.

"GEODUDE!" Geodude roared, facing her, ready to strike. He charged head forward, charging in for a Tackle attack.

"Sincerity, slow him down with Bubble and follow up with a Leer!" Izumi gave orders, and Sincerity nodded, blowing out bubbles, slowing down the Geodude. Sincerity then glared at Geodude with red eyes, ready to strike.

"Just continue with Bubble, defeat it with only that attack! Afterall, it is double weak to water type attacks," Izumi said happily, and Sincerity nodded, blowing out bubbles continuosly, trying to defeat the Geodude. Geodude quickly spun around, using a Defence Curl, trying to defend itself from powerful blows.

After a gruesome ten minutes, Geodude finally fainted and Izumi and Sincerity continued their adventure. Izumi was carrying the small seahorse and were looking around for trainers and Pokemon. Mount Moon appeared deserted, and they decided to rest on a rock. After resting for ten minutes, they continued their journey.

"Cleffa?" A Cleffa piped curiously, approaching trainer and Pokemon at the exit of Mount Moon.

"Now I have got to catch that!" Izumi whispered to her Horsea who nodded. Oh boy, this was going to be a long battle.

Brock Harrison

Zephyr Trainer
Steven Arai
Newbie Trainer
10,000 Credits
9:41 AM

"Heheh, don't worry...your stuff is safe with me!" Steve assured her, opening his bag and stuffing the additional materials inside, delicately to ensure that the fiery Reva would not clobber him for being careless. He had plenty of opportunities for that to happen later anyway.

"Yeah, that's the plan," Steve replied when Reva asked him of his next destination. "Although, Cubone is the only Pokémon I've got..."

Cubone looked down, as if his pride and self-esteem had been shattered. Steve noticed this and waved his hands frantically.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Cubone's trainer reassured. "It's just that...Cerulean Gym's notorious for water Pokémon and Cubone's...well...a ground type."

Steve scratched his head and gazed at the clouds with a grim countenance. "The realist in me wants to not even try, but..." he looked back at Reva with a wide grin, "I've never listened to that side of me much anyway! Besides, I might find a grass-type along the way! Off to Cerulean Gym!" Steve shouted enthusiastically, point to the east.

Reva sighed and pointing the opposite way, which in fact was the correct direction to reach Cerulean City.

"Right!" Steve shouted once again, turning on his heel to face the other way. "Let's go!"

Steve stumbled a bit as he began to walk, surprised of the new weight in his backpack. "Geez, what else have you got in there, rocks?" he muttered aloud, unaware that an injury could ensue...

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Feminine NECCESSITIES, dork. Not rocks. If I wanted to carry around rocks, I would've gotten a larger PACK. One with a steel bottom. They have those, you know." Reva smiled and jumped slightly a she followed him.

"Grass pokemon....eh? Haha, good luck with that. It's all poison and flying types in this part of Cerulean." She smiled. "Geographical pokemon lessons are the only thingI remember from those stuffy tutors. They should teach us the REAL stuff, yanno? Like about where to put your hands when you kiss and how to read a mall map."

Ryuki rolled her eyes on her trainer's shoulder, squeaking indignantly. Reva saw and smiled.

"You have a TUBE for a mouth, Ryuki. You won't kiss someone for a LONGGGGGG time."

Ryuki huffed, squeaking something at Reva that made her stick her tounge out at her Horsea.

As Steven and Reva walked, Reva noticed a girl out of the corner of her eye, battling what looked like a small Cleffa, a pink, star-shaped pokemon with mystical moon powers. The girl's Horsea looked ready for battle. Ryuki eyed the Horsea with a stigma of contempt.

"HEY GIRL! ARE YOU TRYING TO BEAT THAT CLEFFA TO DEATH OR CATCH IT?" Reva shouted, halfly ticked off to see a trainer cornering a small, helpless pokemon.

She shot a glance over at Steven. "This'll only take a minute. You can go on, if you want. I know you won't wanna just stand here with all my heavy things on your back." She smiled crookedly.

S

Shadowcat

OOC: Saber, my Horsea's a Female dear...

BiC:

Izumi Orimoto
Exit of Mount Moon
Novice Gym Trainer
9:42 AM
Pokemon:
Sincerity (Female Horsea)

"HEY GIRL! ARE YOU TRYING TO BEAT THAT CLEFFA TO DEATH OR CATCH IT?" A female shouted, halfly ticked off to see Izumi cornering a small, helpless pokemon.

"I'm actually catching the Pokemon. I need it if I have to fight trainers!" Izumi responded ticked off.

"Sincerity, use a Smokescreen and folow up with a Bubble attack!" Izumi gave orders, and Sincerity quickly blew out smoke from her snout, blinding the Cleffa.

"Oh, it's not 'GIRL', it's Izumi, soon to be top fashion model! Hey, I overheard part of your conversation, perhaps we could swap tips? On Beauty and Pokemon," Izumi asked the female, while Sincerity quickly blew out Bubbles, knocking Cleffa of her balance.

"Sincerity, continue with another Bubble attack, before a glaring Leer!" Izumi commanded her Horsea, who was being pummeled by a Magical Leaf attack from Cleffa.

"Oh no, Cleffa has Magical Leaf, I'm so dead," Izumi muttered under her breath.

"Counter all Magical Leaf attacks with Bubble!" Izumi responded to the attack, and Sincerity quickly blew out Bubbles, countering the Magical Leaf attacks coming from Cleffa.

"Okay, try a Water Gun to knock back the leaves before aiming for Cleffa!" Izumi gave orders and Sincerity tried to keep up with aiming for the glowing leaves aimed for her. She was then knocked back by the glowing leaves, which could not miss, and Cleffa fell onto the ground; exhausted after using her Magical Leaf attack continously.

"Try your best with Water Gun," Izumi gave a command, hoping that the exhausted Cleffa would not move an inch. She had the perfect stratergy up her sleeve, and quickly whispered to Sincerity a last command. Sincerity aimed a blast of water, causing Cleffa to be pushed back into one of the rocky walls, before trying to get back up on her feet.

"Pokeball GO!" Izumi shouted happily, tossing a Pokeball at the panting Cleffa. The Pokeball wobbled once... Twice .... Thrice... Before a 'DING!' sound surfaced, confirming the capture of the Cleffa.

"YES! I CAUGHT A CLEFFA!" Izumi screamed happily, raising Cleffa's Pokeball into the air happily.

"Cerulean City right? I'll lead you there," Izumi said happily to the two trainers, who had been silent during her battle.

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
OOC: Never said she was a he, dear. :pPP

Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reva shrieked with laughter and flapped her hands in the air.

"BEAUTY TIPS!? Haha, that's rich. Why don't you frolick along with your new Cleffa, Izzy, or whatever your name is. We know the way to Cerulean. The last thing we need is a preppy tagalong like you." Reva stuck her nose in the air and dragged Steven away by his ear, towards the "Aura Blue" city, Cerulean.

"Hahaha.....beauty tips....." Reva chuckled as she dragged/walked along the road.

OOC: Nuthin' against you, Sapphire. :p I LUFFS YOU.

S

Shadowcat

OOC: Is time really that slow? Shouldn't it be 9:45 at least, since it takes a while to catch a Pokemon...

BiC:

Izumi Orimoto
Exit of Mount Moon
Novice Gym Trainer
9:45 AM
Pokemon:
Sincerity (Horsea, F)
Cleffa, F (No nickname currently)

"Excuse me, I know you know the way... But could you be more polite? You'll be fighting me in the Gym you know?" Izumi asked the female tons of questions.

"As I'm one of the Cerulean Gym Trainers! Actually, there's only one, but I will beat you!" Izumi added eagerly.

"Cleffa, Sincerity, both of you stay close, and Miss, it's IZUMI! Not Izzy," Izumi hissed at the female angrily. Cleffa and Sincerity both giggled, while Izumi angrily stomped ahead. Both Pokemon quickly caught up with her, wanting to know what happened to her.

OOC: *PMs Saber* I know that...

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
OCC: D: My bad bout the time.

Reva Shijuku
Exit of Mt. Moon
Novice Trainer
9:46 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reva rolled her eyes, still chuckling under her breath amusedly.

The city was in sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi! Steven! You done peeing yet? We got a long ways to go and it's getting dark!"

Reva shotued out into the clearing, scanning the ring of bushes around her and hoping Steven would come out, zipping his pants up.

He had been gone quite a long time....

Ryuki and Bazu frolicked among the short grasses, conversing happily. They had quickly formed a strong friendship, mostly rooted in the fact that they both aimed to make Reva's life as miserable as possible.

Ah.....friendship.

A beautiful thing.

Brock Harrison

Zephyr Trainer
Steven Arai
Newbie Trainer
10,000 Credits
Exit of Mount Moon
9:50 AM

"Yeah, yeah..." Steve muttered, pushing his way out of the bushes. "So I had one too many root beers before I left for Mount Moon, sue me..." he said under his breath.

Cubone, mustering his courage, trotted up to Reva's pocket companions and attempted to pave a foundation of friendship for the trials to come. If his trainer was willing to accompany a fellow trainer, then he should be willing to be at least a little social.

"It didn't help that you had to drag me several thousand feet by the collar, either," Steve added, straightening his attire slightly. "What was it that got you so ticked anyway?"

The young man bit his tongue as he may have realized it was not best to get involved in a catfight of this magnitude...

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
ooc: to make up for not having posted in a while, I have composed a MASSIVE post.

:D

ic:

Syria Tildal
Rocket Operative
Current Assignment:

Back Alley behind Vermillion City Global Police Station
Vermillion City

Funds:

2600 Credits

Items:

Pokeballx3
Voice Modulator
Potionx2
Smoke Grenadex5

Pokemon:

Kronos—Growlithe
Loki—Electrike
Thoth-Abra

Journey Day 3
12:00 PM

Syria glanced down at her watch. It was noon. That meant that it was time to move. Kronos would have started the fires by now down on the pier, and Loki would be in position at the Power Plant relay station. Above her, she knew, Thoth was on the roof, waiting for his part.

Syria took a deep breath, and blew it out slowly. This would require split-second timing. She needed to draw as many officers away from the station as possible. It was noon, so nearly half of the officers inside were at lunch. That still left ten. She needed to get the number of officers in the building down to five at the very most. the fires that Kronos had started would probably do the trick nicely. She had requisitioned some supplies through Johansen, in the form of five smoke grenades. They would do the trick nicely, if she needed to get out without being seen.

Syria leaned against the back wall of the police station, disguised as a bum, listening through her ear-piece radio to the police scanner. Nobody had reported any fires yet. She glanced at her watch. A few more minutes, and—“This is Ten David, we’ve got a report of smoke on the pier, I’m going to investigate.”

Syria grinned. One fire, anyway. That would draw a few Global Police Officers away. “Acknowledged, Ten David, do you require assistance?”

“Not at the present, control. Ten David out.”

Syria smiled. Everything was going according to plan. From the end of the alley, she saw Kronos, painted black once more, slinking up the alley towards her, a grin spread across his canine features. Syria nodded at him, and gestured towards the back door to the Global Police Station, then glanced at her watch. Give them another five minutes. She looked back at Kronos and held up five fingers.

“Control, this is Ten David, I have multiple fires on the Pier. Call out the Volunteer Fire Department now!” Syria smiled. The fires wouldn’t harm anything, but they’d keep the Global Police busy for a little while.

“Roger, Ten David, the Volunteer Fire Department is on its way.” She turned to Kronos and nodded. Grinning, the fire puppy walked down the length of the alley, and turned left, heading for the front of the station.

Syria glanced at her watch. Four minutes. She got up and headed towards the back door, bringing her lock-picking kit out of her pocket. She better get started.

Syria Tildal
Rocket Operative
Current Assignment:

Vermillion City Global Police Station
Vermillion City

Funds:

2600 Credits

Items:

Pokeballx3
Voice Modulator
Potionx2
Smoke Grenadex5

Pokemon:

Kronos—Growlithe
Loki—Electrike
Thoth-Abra

Journey Day 3
12:07 PM

Syria pulled the last part from the back-up power generator, and hastily withdrew. There were six Global Police officers left in the station, one more than Thoth could handle. She had doffed her ragged clothes, and was now wearing a Global Police Detective uniform. If any of the Global Police saw her in passing, they’d think that she was one of them. If any of them stopped to look at her, however…

She’d have to be on her toes to avoid detection. Syria reached into her pocket and pulled out two smoke grenades. They would cover her tracks, and bring the Global Police Officers running. That would give her an opening to recover the Pokeballs. She pulled the pins, and tossed one grenade up on top of the generator, and the other behind where the door would be when pulled open.

The grenades spewed smoke, and Syria quickly exited the room, closing the door behind her. She closed her eyes for a split second. The bathrooms were…She turned to her right and ran several feet down the hallway, before ducking into the women’s bathroom. There she was, face-to-face with a Global Police Officer, looking around with a flashlight. It took the officer a second to turn around and look at the door, and by the time she did, she was already falling towards the floor, unconscious, never having seen Syria.

Syria walked to the door and pressed her ear up against it. She heard yelling and running feet. One, two, three pairs. That left two Global Police Officer somewhere in the building. She opened the door and darted through it just in time to see the third Global Police Officer running through the now-open door to the back-up generator.

Syria ran past the door, and pulled two more grenades out of her pocket, and stopped just before the door to the main lobby. She took a deep breath, pulled the pins off of the grenades, and waited until the smoke began to issue from the canisters. She held one in each hand, and began slowly walking towards the evidence room, the swirling smoke around her hiding her movements. There was a shout, and the sound of running feet. Someone was coming towards her.

Syria calculated the position of the Officer from the sound of his feet, and swung with her right hand, grenade still clenched firmly in her fist. The Officer went down, and Syria heard another pair of feet running towards her. This time her foot lashed out, and caught the officer behind his ear, and he, too, dropped. Syria dropped the grenades and ran for the evidence room. Not bothering to pick the lock, she slammed her fist down on the handle, breaking it off.

It was the work of a few seconds to push the other handle out on the other side, then throw the door open. She pulled out the Pokeball scanning device she’d been given, and glanced down at it. The Pokeballs she wanted were…there, to her left. She hurried over to them, and scanned each one, grabbing each one and sticking it into her bag as she found it. She glanced over her shoulder. The smoke was beginning to dissipate. Running feet could be heard, heading for the lobby. Syria grabbed the door and slammed it shut, leaning against it with her should. She heard shouts, and three pairs of feet running for the door. Syria closed her eyes. “Don’t let me down, old boy,” she muttered to herself, hearing her voice become garbled with the voice modulator. Then there was a banging on the door, and it was all Syria could do to keep it closed. Then there was a roar, glass shattering, and a sound like a massive gust of wind. Flames roared through the hole where the doorknob had been several minutes before, and Syria leaped back. The door flew open, and the Global Police Officers tumbled in, unconscious. Well, not all of them. One was groaning and shaking his head. A quick blow to the back of his head changed that. He wasn’t dead—just unconscious. Syria glanced down at the Pokeball scanner. She had one left.

Kronos trotted in, and growled at her, as if to say to hurry up. She grinned, and looked down at the scanner. It was pointing to the last Pokeball to be….She frowned. It wasn’t there. She waved the scanner around the evidence room. Still not there. She hit several buttons, but there still wasn’t a change. She hit the scanner. Still nothing. She glanced at her watch. Her time was up. The reinforcements would be coming soon. She sighed, and ran for the back door, wondering why Thoth hadn’t covered her against the Global Police Agents.

Syria Tildal
Rocket Operative
Current Assignment:

None

Safari Zone Café
Fuschia City

Funds:

2600 Credits

Items:

Pokeballx3
Voice Modulator
Potionx2

Pokemon:

Kronos—Growlithe
Loki—Electrike
Thoth-Abra

Journey Day 3
5:52 PM

Syria looked over the menu casually, waiting for her contact. She had made the dead drop several hours before. Now she just needed confirmation of her mission success, and payment. She had dropped the last, unused Smoke Grenade along with the Pokeballs she had retrieved.

She had discovered that the reason Thoth hadn’t covered her was because he had been discovered before she had even arrived at the back alley, and had been forced to teleport away by a Global Police Officer sent up to chase him away. Apparently the Global Police Psychic detectors were of a higher quality than Team Rocket’s Intelligence expected. That little bit of intel was worth a lot of money to Team Rocket, she knew.

Loki, for his part had pulled his part off without a hitch. The Global Police had just started to arrive as he was leaving. No problems there.

Syria heard someone sitting down behind her. “How’s the veal?” she asked quietly. “I heard it’s particularly good tonight.”

There was a chuckle, and then came the reply. “I prefer es cargo, myself.” Syria smiled. Her contact had arrived. “Nice job with the mission,” the quiet voice continued. “We have all but the one Pokeball. Where is it?”

Syria forced herself not to reflexively shrug. “Not sure,” she said quietly. “It wasn’t there. I looked until I ran out of time, but I just couldn’t find it.”

“They must have moved it…” the man’s voice from behind her trailed off. “It is imperative that you get that Pokeball back. It is the crown jewel of Cerulean City’s division’s research.”

The waiter came up just then, and looked down at her expectantly. She smiled up at the waiter. “Could I have a cup of coffee and a steak, well-done, please?” The waiter nodded and scribbled down her order on his notepad. He reached for her menu. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to have it for a little while longer.”

“Of course, Madam,” he said, and headed towards the kitchen to fill her order.

“You’ve been promoted,” the voice behind Syria said quietly before she herself could say anything. “You’re an Executive, now. We’re sending you to the second Cerulean Safehouse, to oversee the security for the researchers there. You’ve made quite a name for yourself in Team Rocket, at least among the higher echelons, Syria. Don’t blow it.”

Syria studied the dessert menu. What did she want? Cheesecake? “I assume I’m still supposed to go after the last Pokeball?” she asked quietly.

“Of course,” the voice said quietly. “We won’t know who has it for a little while. We’ll need a few days for our intelligence to filter through. In the meantime, head to Cerulean and acquaint yourself with the Project. Your payment will be waiting for you there. Good luck.”

The waiter came back with her coffee, and Syria folded the menu, and smiled up at the man. “I’d also like a strawberry cheesecake, if you don’t mind.”

Syria Tildal
Rocket Executive
Current Assignment:

Oversee security for Research at TRS2

Cerulean City Team Rocket Safehouse Number 2
Vermillion City

Funds:

2550 Credits

Items:

Pokeballx3
Voice Modulator
Potionx2

Pokemon:

Kronos—Growlithe
Loki—Electrike
Thoth-Abra

Journey Day 3
9:13 PM

Syria walked through the door of the safehouse, and glanced around. It looked like any other office building—nice lobby, marble floor, granite desk for the receptionist. She walked forward to the receptionist and smiled. “I’m Syria Tildal,” she said, “I’m here for an interview?”

The receptionist smiled at her. “Of course.” She pointed to a door to the left of her desk. “Through there, first hallway on the left, first door on the right.”

Syria thanked the receptionist and headed through the door. She turned down into the hallway, then through the door that had been indicated. In front of her was an elevator. She closed the door behind her, and stepped towards the elevator. Behind where the door had been sat a man in a chair, reading a tabloid. He glanced up at her, then back at the tabloid. “You want the thirty-second floor,” he said.

“Thanks,” Syria said, and stepped towards the elevator. The door opened before she was three feet from the elevator, and a man in a lab coat stood there, waiting for her. Syria didn’t even break stride, and walked into the elevator, and turned around.

The doors closed. “So you’re the new Brawn?” Lab Coat asked, chuckling.

Syria stared straight ahead at the doors, then suddenly felt herself move downwards. She glanced at the button panel, and saw that the button for the thirty-second floor had indeed been pressed. “Maybe. Depends on who is asking.” She said cautiously.

“I’m Marcus Aurelius, head researcher here at Number Two. We’re going to be working together pretty closely. I assume you’ve got your teams set up?” Lab Coat grinned up at her. This was probably a test.

Syria shook her head. “No,” she said. “Not yet.” Because she was now an executive, her days as a lone wolf were over. As an Operative, she had gotten away with going it alone, but never again. As an executive, she’d be able to command up to three teams of four people, which normally consisted of an Operative and three Grunts. And she’d need them, or at least two groups, she figured, to satisfactorily run security here. “I wanted to see what kind of set-up you guys had so I could fit the teams to the specs.”

Aurelius nodded. “Good. Glad to see you’re not like our last Head Brawn.” She grinned up at her. “Stay out of our research, and we’ll stay out of your way.” He smiled wryly, and Syria suddenly had a disconcerting feeling. “Don’t ask what happened to the last Head Brawn. You don’t want to know. Just stay out of our way."

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Aria Maida
Fair Trainer
Pokémon: Shuppet, Bellsprout, Graveler
Credits: 3,700
Route 3
7:19 PM

Lamplight flickered across the room, where Aria sat in a small and truthfully rather mouldy chair, her gaze held awkwardly and somewhat skewed on the setaed form of Majorie across the room. She was somewhat more steadily mindful of the Banette nearby, loitering in the kitchen and still far more interested in both her and Dani for her liking. The scene was silent and uneasy, with the heavy scent of strong tea laced with a continuous stream of the incense Marjorie had set to burn minutes before making the air seem all the more restless.

At least the tea wasn't half bad, though, and at least Dani was in better health and better spirits now. The Shuppet moved in slow figure-eights around Aria and Marjorie, seeming to be growing slightly bored and antsy and perhaps on the verge of making some fun for himself. Aria sincerely hoped that Dani wouldn't take off with such impulses. Dani's pursuit of fun had gotten her in trouble on enough occasions before, and this was definitely one occasion where trouble was definitely not welcome.

The silence only grew even more awkward as it persisted; Aria was beginning to get an inclination to perhaps make a move for the door, but was pulled from such thoughts by Marjorie's decision to finally speak up again.

"So," she began, eyeing her guest over her cup of tea, "If you don't mind, I'd certainly like to know what is was you were doing in these parts, especially as it's something that's clearly taken a toll on you. I do want to know of any trouble that's scurrying about near mt home, of course."

Though not altogether thrilled by the prospect of recounting some of the things that had happened that evening, Aria was nonetheless grateful for the conversation; anything to even remotely distract from the inappropriate leering of that Banette was appreciated.

"Well...really, the only trouble was this Nidorino that kind of got ticked off...because of something my Graveler did," she answered, and inwardly cringed immediately at her own statement, knowing how it must sound. The last thing she needed was this old lady and her somewhat shifty-seeming Banette thinking that she was stirring up trouble in the vicinity, perhaps on purpose.

"I didn't sic her on the Nidorino or anything, "she clarified quickly. "I woke up - and I didn't even remember going to sleep, either - and I found that she'd gotten out of her ball. And I caught her beating up on this Nidorina, someone the Nidorino knew, I guess - just beating the hell out of her, no apparent reason..." Aria paused, unnerved by revisiting the scene of her own Pokémon commiting a senseless, brutal act of violence against another creature. After a moment of staring into the dark dregs of her tea, hesitant to stay on the subject, she went ahead and continued with it anyway, knowing that while relating the whole story bore the risk of bringing her trouble, leaving Marjorie with only part of the picture might result in even more of a hazard as it could lead to the old lady filling in the blanks with even more damning possibilities.

"She's always had something of a temper," Aria said, mindful of the understatement she'd just made, "but it never seemed like she would do anything like this...She was absolutely out of control. When I tried to call her away from the Nidorina, she turned on me...God, it was scary. I think she genuinely lost her mind there...her eyes were even glowing," she recalled, "bright red..."

Marjorie had kept silent and shown no readily apparent resopnse to anything Aria had said before that lattest statement, but at those words, she stirred visibly, although just for a second. "Red, you say?" she questioned, almost apprehensively. Aria nodded in response. Marjorie frowned, then turned very slightly towards Sebastian.

Keeping the Banette at the edge of her vision, "Tell me...before you fell asleep, did you hear any sort of singing?" she asked Aria.

"Uh...no," Aria responded.

Marjorie made a small, wordless grunt of acknowledgment. Then, quite suddenly and alarmingly, "OUT! OUT WITH YOU! I KNOW YOU'RE ABOUT!" She rose from her chair and began throwing furious glances about. "OUT, or else I'll get Claude to deal with you again!"

Whatever threat this "Claude" posed, it seemed enough to convince whatever Marjorie was trying to force out of hiding to cooperate. Aria, still quite bewildered by Marjorie's sudden outburst, didn't notice the presence that coagulated then into her midst from the shadows in the corners until his faintly luminous white eyes appeared, wide and bright as full moons.

"Gassssstly..." the newly arrived presence uttered tentatively as he blossomed fully into the physical plane, a shroud of faintly-glowing purple vapor forming to enshroud his dark, spherical form. He held an unmistakably nervous and slightly remorseful gaze on Marjorie, like that of a child who's just been causght misbehaving.

"I don't want to hear it," Marjorie snapped. "I told you not to come back here!"

The Gastly winced, but only slightly. "Gasst? Gasss gastly..."

"No!" Marjorie barked. "Not even for one more day! You not only directly disobeyed me, but you also went and caused inexcusable havok for this poor trainer here and a few of the wild locals, and on my property, no less! Now either you get OUT OF HERE before I can count to twenty, and visibly, so I know you've gone, or so help me God, I will call Claude!"

Marjorie made for the door at once, counting all the way. She had hit fifteen by the time she got the door open; the Gastly zoomed out of the door like a deep violet comet into the night no sooner than she had reached fourteen. Sighing in exasperation, the old lady shut the door heavily, crossing the room and slumping back into her chair.

"That damned Maurice," she muttered angrily. "Trouble every time he shows up..."

"I'm assuming Maurice would be the guy you just gave the boot?" Aria guessed.

Marjorie nodded. "He showed up at my door one day a couple of years ago, real sickly. Sebastian and I managed to get from him that he'd been abandoned by his trainer."

"Aww, that's a shame," Aria said. "Sucks when people just throw their Pokémon away like that."

Marjorie snorted derisively. "Once I got to actually know Maurice, I began to sympathize with his old trainer's decision. That Gastly has a very inappropriate and overactive sense of humor, even for a Ghost. And he's a very bad influence on Sebastian," she added, with a glare towards the Banette, who merely responded with an unpleasant glower. "He always enjoyed persuading Sebastian towards very ill behavior. I'd soon had enough of it, and demanded that Maurice leave. He wouldn't obey, so I had to get my Dusclops, Claude to make him listen to reason. Sometimes, the little monster comes back, though..."

The old lady sighed. "I must apologize profusely for Sebastian's behavior. I'm afraid it was he who, along with Maurice, caused all of your troubles around here. Maurice put you to sleep with Hypnosis, while Sebastian released your Graveler and enraged her with Taunt."

Aria just tsraed, dumbstruck for a moment. She turned slowly to face the Banette in the kitchen, and then...

"YOU BANETTE *******!" Aria roared, leaping from her chair. "YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN ME KILLED! I SHOULD COME OVER THERE AND KICK YOUR ***, YOU - "

"Shup!" Dani squeaked in fright, planting himself between his trainer and the Banette at whom she was exploding, hoping to stop her before she angered Sebastian and brought his wrath upon them both.

"It's alright, it's alright," Marjorie said hurriedly, rising from her seat and making haste into the kitchen, casting a powerful glower upon Sebastian as she passed him by. "I'll give him his just desserts for it later. In the meantime," she rummaged briefly through a cabinet, pulling out a number of tiny, cloth drawstring bags. "let me make it up to you with these."

Marjorie hurried back into the living room and shoved the six small bags into Aria's hands. "Herbal medicines," she identified them, "better than that synthesized garbage they sell in the stores if you ask me. You've got Energy Root, Revival Herb, and Heal Powder, two of each," she informed Aria, poking at a bag of a different color as she named the items.

"...Thanks," Aria said flatly, stashing the herbs into her backpack. She cast a mistrusting glance at Sebastian; even now, she was just barely containing the urge to rush the Banette and deliver corporal punishment for his actions. Turining away from the current subject of her anger with an effort, she found herself looking upon the door, which looked quite appealing at that moment. "If you'll excuse me, I think I'll be going now," she said, and began to make for the exit.

"Oh, now there's no need to be so hasty. Couldn't I at least tend to your scrapes and cuts before you head out again?" Marjorie offered.

Aria sighed. "Fine..." she acquiesced, and sat back down while Marjorie went to fetch some herbal balms and bandages. She kept quiet with an effort while the old lady tended her injuries, despite her anxiousness to get out and away from that Banette and despite the occasional sting of the medicine.

The very moment Marjorie was finished with her, Aria got up and went straight for the door, opening it and stepping outside.

"Farewell," Marjorie called out to her. "Travel safely."

"Bye," Aria repsonded somewhat awkwardly, almost failing to pause and respond at all. "And thanks for taking care of Dani, and for the herbs and all that," she added somewhat hastily, before closing the door and resuming her way north.

Route 3 Pokémon Center
7:50 PM

At last, Aria gratefully arrived at the Pokémon Center. It was much calmer than she remembered it being last time she was at this particular facility. Of course, tonight there weren't an abundance of people in need of immediate and, for some, critical care in the aftermath of a bombing.

She made her way at once to the counter, recalling Dani into his ball and handing him along with the capture balls containing Mercedes and Patton to Nurse Joy, then booking a room for the night. She was eager to get to bed, to put what had been a most unpleasant evening and night to a premature end and let it lie on the road behind her.

Route 3 Pokémon Center
9:38 AM

Aria awakened with an effort, still feeling the toll taken on her by the previous evening. God, I'm glad that's over with... she thought wearily as she sat up, scratching her head idly. Equally absently, she gave a quick sniff under her left arm, then recoiled. Bleah...could use a shower...

Her eyes drifted to a digital clock on a small table beside the bed. ...Meh, it can wait, she decided with a sigh. She hadn't intended to sleep quite this late, despite knowing that she could definitely use the rest; as she inwardly cursed herself for not asking for a wake-up call, her thoughts turned towards Cerulean City, which lay not terribly far to the east. The sooner she could get off of this route where trouble seemed curiously attracted to her, and into the city where another Gym battle awaited, the better, she determined, and thus opted to get herself back on the road with little delay.

After dressing quickly and taking a light breakfast, Aria left the Pokémon Center. With the memory of the experience she'd had the last time she had gone thorugh the Mt. Moon tunnels still quite strong in her mind, she decided to forego that route this time, opting instead to take the detour route that was established around the mountain due to safety concerns following the bombing of the tunnels. Releasing Dani from his Poké Ball, Aria turned towards the mountain trail and set off for Cerulean.