• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Breed Stampede (574)

dman_dustin

How many times must i point out that Turtwig went and evolved the month BEFORE it's figure came out, so you can't tell me january since the grotle figure came out in november yet it evolved in october.

Chimchar could evolve during the gym battle, and i'm not ruling that out, besides at this point that's the only unique way they could pull off it's evolution, i'd rather it not evolve in that stupid sleep through luxio filler, or against Riley since they might as well give him riolu if that's the case.

who cares about openings, it's not like thier consistant anyway.

I think one of the important things, is time. We only get four episodes a month. Even if it does look like Fantina's battle was just a few episodes ago, it has actually been almost a month. Sure if you watch the episodes side by side it does look bad, but let's say Chimchar evolves into Monferno in January 2009, and evolves again in July or somewhere (which is like 28 episodes). Isn't that much time reasonable? That'll have been 7 months that we've seen of Monferno and talk about it and discuss it to the point we want it to evolve. Since the movie is most likely coming around that time, I doubt they're finished with the Sinnoh region by then.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
I always d'awww when Gliscor begs Ash for attention.

uber gon

Accept Change
Anyone find it weird that Ice Shard apparently has a freezing affect in the animé? It shouldn't have that affect, right?

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Anyone find it weird that Ice Shard apparently has a freezing affect in the animé? It shouldn't have that affect, right?

games =/= anime. Just because something works a certain way in the game does not mean they're going to make it work that way in the show. They'll make it work however it best fits into their story.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
meh, in the anime, all Ice attacks do that...

I cant quite believe that Mamoswine is in fact a Homicidal Maniac. Its worse than Charizard ever was!

Thriller

Its almost time
I loved this episode.

3 Cheers for Symphonic Melody playing after Piloswine evolved!

3 More cheers for Wobuffet & Mime Jr. not being anywhere in this episode!

3 Cheers for the animators "forgetting" to add those stupid black marks on Buizel in a few scenes which don't need to be there.

3 Jeers for Ash not bringing up Charmeleon/Charizard.

3 More jeers for Jess & Jimmy using glasses in their disguises again. I wonder if they wear contacts.

Anyway, despite the horrible animation (Dawn looked like she was high on acid for a second), this was a great episode.

Edit: After the show, there was an ad for a Pokemon toy that looked like it came from 1999, when Pokemon was just starting out in America.. weird.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I have a theory about Takeda and her fall from mediocrity to being just plain awful. You remember AG101? The Barboach/Whiscash episode that got banned worldwide because of its plot about earthquakes? Well, Takeda just so happened to be on deck for that episode. Since that episode never aired, gallons of blood and sweat that went into that episode's production had gone to waste. As for Yusaku Takeda, she has harbored resentment ever since. Hell, I'd be bitter, too. So yeah. Take that, viewers.

A few vitals events happened in this episode, although it pretty much lacked any real plot. In fact, the only thing that prevented me from being truly bored was how awkward every other scene was drawn, thus keeping me alert as I would wince. Seriously, I wanted to skip past the 10 minutes in the middle so I could cut to the meat. Which there was actually very little of, even given how we got both a new move and an evolution in this.

Say what you want about Piplup, but its attempts to slow down Mamoswine after TR vanished were probably the highlight of the episode for me, showing it actually proving its worth other than posing in overly cute marketing ploys. Of course, Pokemon Symphonic Medley made its triumphant return here after what feels like weeks or something, torturing me just like old times.

Really, I felt this was a pretty weak episode regardless, and not in a 60's-Batman-like comical sense like Darkrai vs. Cresselia. I'm far more intrigued at where the writers take the Mamoswine plot from here.

Red Jr.

Banned
Man, if Dawn loses the GF because of Mamoswine's disobedience, I'm seriously gonna be ****** off. When Charizard cost Ash the Indigo League, I was ready to punch the TV screen.

Thriller

Its almost time
I don't think Dawn is going to be as stupid as Ash was and label her disobedient Pokemon as a "secret weapon."

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
man this is like the ultimate piplup bashing episode, no matter what it tried Pilo/Mamoswine always stomped it clean, thought it was really funny to see it's trade mark whirlpool attack did next to nothing either.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, I thought Piplup was really funny in this episode.

Then again, I'm don't hate it nor do I think there's some heinous plot going on with it either. :/

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Then again, I'm don't hate it nor do I think there's some heinous plot going on with it either. :/

There's no Yamato-san equivilant for Piplup, is there? Yamato-San himself is the reason the Squirtle hate was so extreme last saga.

I've seen some Piplup haters but nothing to that extreme.

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
Interesting episode.

What I find hilarious is the fact that the anime is recreating the moments of Ash and Charizard in the form of Dawn and Mamoswine. However, I do recall that Charizard was vastly different from Mamoswine--Charizard only wanted to battle opponents that were of a good deal of size against it, and all of the tiny pokemon were pretty much ignored by him. I would classify that as more of an arrogance, being that Charizard figured it would win the battle against a tiny pokemon like Pikachu, so why battle something so small and waste energy? Mamoswine, on the other hand, seems like it is just out of control, something of a greater feral level than Charizard. Charging towards its own trainer is really interesting in my eyes, and I'm wondering what exactly will Dawn do in order to tame that great beast. What I am surprised at is how the anime got Mamo's size down perfectly--I was hoping they would not shrink the ancient beast.

I personally think that Mamoswine would be great for contests. Especially if they have one in Snowpoint City, and Dawn has that thing under control. And now that I think about it, Mamoswine and Charizard may have a comparison--their arrogance of their power. I mean clearly Mamoswine surpasses Piplup's strength--it slammed through all of its poor attacks. I personally think if she gets that monster under control, we could be seeing a whole new level from Dawn that we never could have expected. Mamoswine could just stomp its way to victory. And I love its size. Beautiful thing, I want one. =]

Overall, great episode. Gliscor learning Fire Fang was good, it separates itself against Paul's Gliscor, but that would be hilarious if Paul's knew Ice Fang. I personally think that Ash's Chimchar should evolve--one of his rivals has an Empoleon, and the other, a Torterra. What's missing? Infernape. Staravia needs to do some things as well, or get traded, or something, because I want to see Ash with a Staraptor or no Staravia at all.

uber gon

Accept Change

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
I enjoyed this episode more than I expected. I was assuming it would be a flat, filler-like episode that served simply as a vehicle for Mamoswine's evolution, and in many ways it was, but it had some great moments. It was the smaller moments of humor I enjoyed the most, like Piloswine just straight chillin' underground and Happiny foreshadowing its tank-ness. Decent overall.

HoennMaster

So this was the infamous Takeda? Other then Ambipom's face here and there, the cage, and the one group shot, I don't notice anything strange.

Why does everyone call Gliscor "her"? We don't know.

What did Dawn say about Swinub in this episode? I heard her say Urimoo. A pretty good episode overall. Piloswine is funny. Yay for Mamo gracing us with its presence.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Ok I was just shocked at this episode...more proof that D/P is still very surprising.

4 seconds into the show, OMG, it's Kenny and Nando. Kenny and Nando has 3 ribbons now which means they are in equal amount with Dawn as of now. But wow, they actually got a cameo appearance after all this time. That's a good attention grabber, it certainly got me attached to the episode. Also, anime town only for the next contest...it looks like they are running out of options for where they could actually place contests.

Opening got a fix. Haha...that's funny, revealing a spoiler and then trying to conceal it back as if it didn't happen.

As for the rest of the episode, it was certainly enjoyable. Piloswine was indeed not listening while it was in that form, disproving what I had thought about the episode in the speculation topic. Piloswine also loves poffins just like it was when it was a Swinub. But man, it really does have a wild personality. Also it is really fast. Also, it was really funny to see that Happiny was the only one who was able to stop it from rampaging.

Piplup certainly was great to see while it was trying to stop Piloswine, as well as trying to move Piloswine when it wasn't moving. Kind of amusing in a way, but nonetheless it did great in this episode.

Gliscor learns Fire Fang; it might be useful for Ash for his next gym battle.

Grotle is doing better now. That's good to know.

Finally Mamoswine...wow, that thing is humongous and has such a big temper. I'm so glad it is nothing like Charizard; whereas Charizard was really lazy, this one is its exact opposite. And Take Down attack...wow, that's a really dangerous move, almost killed the group. It seems like it is more of an agile Pokemon than some of the other heavyweights, but I'll wait to see more of it in action to come to a safe conclusion.

Overall excellent episode. It was way better than I thought it would be, and I cannot wait to see what will become of Dawn and Mamoswine in the future.

Last edited: