• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Breed Stampede (574)

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Not to nitpick, but the Granbull is Cassidy's. Butch has the...Shuckle...
Ah, yes, thanks for the correction. I think I had that one totally jumbled up there. Not at my best, the last few days.

Well, with Mamoswine in Dawn's possession, I think it'd be superb if it started obeying her. The attacks it has are pretty powerful and I have no doubt it'd be a great addition in regards to battling in the Battle Round of the Contests.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
It looked worse than granddad’s yellow toenails, but I enjoyed this one. Pokémon certainly does love the little moments where you can sit back and smile, and there were lots of funny moments here to keep me entertained. Mamoswine is just as incredible as I thought it would be, and I’m sure as hell not going to complain about the quick transition from boar to prehistoric mammal. The trade off was more than worth it.

-Momoan - proving that even those with zero personality can be …well…television personalities.

-Yes, yes, Kricketune won the contest all by it’s self, but why is that guy being presented the ribbon? Does not having a master require a temporary stand-in to act as ‘trainer’ during the award ceremonies? Oh, pokémon world, you and your superiority complex over the creatures you’re named after.

-I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks so, but isn't Piloswine just the creepiest lil' thaaaang? If I were being chased by a giant hairy tumour with no visible facial features (or appendages for that matter), bellowing 'Num-mu, num-mu' and refusing to stop until it had me skewered on it's miniscule protruding fangs, I'd have to consider a career in construction. Shittin’ bricks, even.

-Glion seems intent on making it’s mark on any episode it cameos in. If it’s not being adorable by begging to brutally injure other pokémon, it’s doing something badass. In this case, not brushing after eating Indian take-out.

-While it’s primary gimmick is still HamBoar-mers: Munchlax in disguise, I think it going as far as attacking anyone in the way of it’s potential meal makes it stand-out a little more. I hope it’s something we see more of, regardless whether or not it becomes ‘obedient’.

-Wow, another episode where Pochama is actually entertaining. It feels like it were just 3 weeks ago since that last happened….memories.
In any case, it was great to see it doing something more than just ‘being there’. It’s shtick of trying it’s hardest to get Piloswine to do what it was supposed to was cute, and it’s defiance of a charging Mammoth harkened back to it’s days ’o pride and stubbornness, which is always great to see.

-I have no idea why, but Pachirisu’s static making Piloswine thrash around made me chuckle.

-Remember folks. If you want your Piloswine to evolve, a simple blow to the head will suffice. Just ask Muku.BIRD. Accidental brain damage solves everything.

-I theorise that Mamoswine’s flagrantly aggressive tendencies and obsession with foodstuffs stem from repressed memories of some childhood trauma. Possibly relating to the unfortunate loss of it’s beloved mother, be it through death or not coming back from the shops to purchase a pint…of milk. This would explain the charging towards the vicinity of possible surrogate parents (in this case, Jessie and Dawn), as well as the constant involuntary rants consisting of the words ‘OH MOM?! MOM?! MOM!!”

In short, it’s nice to see more emotionally fragile pokémon as part of the cast.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I don't know why, but seeing Brock and Croagunk go through that little course holding hands brought a smile to my face. It's nice to see a pokemon who Brock has bonded with so well, cause in the recent past he hasn't had that quite so much.

Mamoswine is a beast- I actually love the big ol' brute. Having such a massive addition to the team is simply fantastic. And the fact that it's an anime-only town having the contest... somehow I sense a loss in the near future for our plucky young heroine. And Nando's made a comeback, to great excitement from all. Also nice to see him and Kenny doing well. Strangely convenient how there's a report which these travellers happen to catch on television which shows two of the three recurring coordinators from this region. Exposition is a fickle mistress.

Plus, I've just gotta mention Gliscor. I never thought such a bad-arse looking creature could be so adorable. It just wants to get in there and maim something, and that's simply precious. And Fire Fang is cool too. Plus Grotle getting some training is very welcome indeed. Seems to me like Chimchar, Grotle and Gliscor are guaranteed to take the stage in the next gym, and that suits me just fine. Still not sure if Ash will win though, it seems kind of unlikely when we know that Chimchar's slated to evolve not long from now.

What's kinda annoying me is how Satoshi really doesn't seem to want to battle with Gliscor. I don't really get it...I know it's his newest Pokemon, but its shown it wants to battle and Satoshi's like "Eh, just sit this one out."
It learns FireFang, saves a Penguin (low-point), and shows its strength.
C'MON SATOSHI, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.
|:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I do wonder why Ash isn't giving any heed to Gliscor's desire to prove itself. He's has it for more than forty episodes now, and when you consider that Turtwig took down a Rampardos after only 13 episodes, Piplup beat its evolved form in Episode 27 to win a contest, and Ash was using Buizel as his ace after only thirteen episodes of owning it... Gliscor is getting royally screwed...

pokefan16

BTW, did gliscor use screech well if it is? this is new attack too for gliscor.. for the those who know japanese please tell.. what did ash call an attack for gliscor? is it really screech?

Dax

Legend
As horrendous as the animation was it was a great episodes. Swinub from having bbarely nothing became for me one of the most entertaining members of the whole gang.

Piloswine was a great comedy character, I love how it simple couldn't stop itself and Dawn's reaction to it was so clueless it really made me smile.

Gliscor is amazing, 2 new attacks in one episode is great for the spcorpion who's been nothing but a comedy relief for the past episodes. Hopefully Fire Fang will allow Gliscor to battle in the upcoming gyms.

As much as I hate evolutions involving Team Rocekt I've been waiting to see Mamoswine so much in the anime ( no matter if it was part of the team or not) that I didn't mind.

I have to say having Dawn have a Mamoswine is such a mold breaker and so interesting I think it's the best capture/evolution decision they have done. Really awesome.

katfairy

I can not find this episode at all. Even Google has failed me. I am obliged to mope.

milenadrg

Wow, Pilo becames Mamo! Hope Dawn will use him at action and Piplup will loose screentime and became jealous. Then he will evolove into Prinplup battling with Kenny's one...

I can not find this episode at all. Even Google has failed me. I am obliged to mope.

I have the same problem:(

Last edited:

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Then he will evolove into Prinplup battling with Kenny's one...

Keep dreaming. It's never going to happen.

And what was with the lame way they drew half the pokemon? I don't even remember another time I've seen them drawn that bad.

Squaaah

Its on youtube now, it just took longer then usual for some reason.

Anyway, although i found Piloswines doing nothing hilarious, i was a bit erked that Ash was using Grotle as a punching bag for Chimchar. Then when Ash asked Grotle to do stuff, it failed in everything, and hardly hurt Pilo at all. I was hoping Grotle would get something to prove its evolution was a good thing, but right now it seems to have come off worse.

Also, why is Ash neglecting Gliscor? I get the impression Ash doesnt actually like it! It needs a chance to prove itself to Ash in a major battle. Im glad it got fire fang though, and are actually acknowledging the fact that Ash is under using it. I just prey i and Grotle are used in the gym battle.

milenadrg

Its on youtube now, it just took longer then usual for some reason.

Where did heck you find it? I was searching it like crazy and couldn't find it, man....

Wow, looks like Ash will use his Grotle, Gliscor and Chimchar againtst Byron. That would be soo good!:D

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
BULLET POINTS
This town ain't big enough for both of us. We duel at dawn.

-Naoto and Kenny? I guess the moral of this story is that if SPPf makes enough topics about Naoto being dead, he'll come back to life. And uh...something something Kenny something.
-Piloswine's in the opening now when it was Mamoswine last week? Some intern's getting fired tonight!
-Ash is still training Grotle to be a defensive Pokemon? Silly Ash, you're only allowed to use speedsters!
-Oh dear, it seems like Piloswine finally starved to death inside its Pokeball. I guess Dawn didn't remember to feed it during the last two episodes.
-Oh double dear, it seems like Piloswine is actually manic-depressive! Bring out the prescription medication!
-Dawn? You have a Pokeball. Perhaps you could recall Piloswine into it to stop its mad rampage before you all rest at the bottom of an icy grave?
-Grotle has finally mastered the ancient art of effortlessly deflecting attacks and looking cool while doing it. Too bad Ash is only allowed to use agile Pokemon.
-Piloswine really must learn to stop responding to its emotions with binge eating. Look at how fat it is already! Although at least it doesn't seem to have learned how to purge yet...
-It's...it's...the return of punk rocker Team Rocket! *sniff* It's been so long, but finally we are reunited. I...I don't think we've seen each other since Kanto! Oh, glorious day!
-It looks to me like that hole is shallow enough for AshnCo to climb out of with ease, and yet they still waited a good minute or so to do so. I guess getting out right away wouldn't have helped any, but still.
-TR really shouldn't insult Mamoswine like that. His name is MR PIG. no, I most certainly did not ever name a Mamoswine "Pumba" in DP
-Does Dawn ever consider putting Piplup back in its Pokeball despite being brutalized throughout the course of the episode? I mean, Piplup was actually somewhat amusing this time around, but that's no excuse to forget it has a Pokeball.

This episode wasn't really that remarkable. Okay, watching Piloswine/Mamoswine go beserk on anything and everything was amusing, but overall it just seemed that this episode existed so that the writers could cram a lot of new moves & an evo into one episode. Or maybe I've just been spoiled by all the Jun episodes and the Rotom episode(which most certainly did not have a Cresselia episode between them. What are you, crazy?).

Squaaah

Where did heck you find it? I was searching it like crazy and couldn't find it, man....

Yeah, I was searching all day too, it appeared at around 5pm in England, which is surprisingly late.

Dax

Legend
TBH, my love for Piplup is finally returning. It's been entertaining these past weeks and it's refreshing since it reminds me of the Piplup that was actually cool to watch at the beginning of DP. Really cool.:D

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm surprised no one else has touched on this yet, but I feel like Piloswine was tortured in the cage. It took all of TR's attacks, and nobody did anything to stop them. Ash and Dawn really should have been ordering some long range attacks (Flamethrower, Ice Beam, etc.). No wonder why it evolved...just to get out of the cage and stop being attacked!

Squaaah

I'm surprised no one else has touched on this yet, but I feel like Piloswine was tortured in the cage. It took all of TR's attacks, and nobody did anything to stop them. Ash and Dawn really should have been ordering some long range attacks (Flamethrower, Ice Beam, etc.). No wonder why it evolved...just to get out of the cage and stop being attacked!

They were probs angry at it chasing them around at the beggining of the ep so they wanted to punish it a bit :D.

uber gon

Accept Change
So now Gliscor has defense lowering abilities and a super effective attack for the next gym...Sweet.