• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
For some reason, Harley reminded me a Harry Champ from Ziods Century Zero. Maybe it's the eyes, they have similar eyes.

[SPOIL]It's too bad Harley was turned into May's punching bag, especially with her baby Pokemon. It kind kills the atmosphere knowing he'll always lose. As I told someone else, Harley hasn't even come to America and I already know he's a pathetic loser. Oh well, May will continue to fall for his tricks and eventually he'll get her in so deep no amount of luck will save her. And when that day comes, I will celebrate.[/SPOIL]

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
Okay, don't know if this has been asked, but, if 4Kids edited out the skull and crossbones from Harley's book, why didn't they edit the skull and crossbones Cacturne made while using Bullet Seed. Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts. If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CoolTrainerTerry said:
Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts. If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.
Actually, I think 4Kids anticipated people might think that. And they probably didn't care. Besides, if they wanted him NOT to seem gay, they would have given him a voice that suggested a completely straight personality, and I bet it would have worked fine.

Edit: BTW, he's not necessarily gay, just because he acts the way he did. o_O

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
CoolTrainerTerry said:
Okay, don't know if this has been asked, but, if 4Kids edited out the skull and crossbones from Harley's book, why didn't they edit the skull and crossbones Cacturne made while using Bullet Seed. Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts.
First off, since the skull and cross bones was not edited out anywhere but in the US, KidsWB edited it and not 4Kids.

My guess is because a skull and cross bones usually means death, so to draw one over a picture of someone could imply that you want to kill the person or want them to die.
Because the Bullet Seed-ed skull and cross bones was directed at no one in particular and simply used as an appeal, they didn't need to edit it out.

taitofan

Stalker!
All right, I said to myself I wouldn't get into this, but...

Harley sounds/talks/whatevers like he's gay because he is. This isn't a fangirl's opinion, but a fact. Now, going by the dub, it's questionable. But James fans always make the argument that you have to go to the original Japanese version for a charcter's sexuality, so... In the original, Harley speaks using the feminine pronoun, atashi. Atashi is only used by women and gay men. Honestly, the writers wouldn't have done that if they didn't want to imply something. They've always loved their stereotypes...

Harley is homosexual, it's as simple as that. Ask anyone who's seen the original and has any knowledge of the Japanese language, and I'm sure they'll agree with me. So yes, 4Kids did things right for a change by having his VA talk like that (since English only has one pronoun). Go 4Kids!

Oh yeah, and the epi rocks. 10/10. <3

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
OK, I don't know for sure if anyone's fixed this yet.

Sootopolis is named in a later episode, and they are heading to Seroci on the way. They haven't reached it by Absol-ute Disaster, and Catch Snorunt and the Ralts episode don't seem to be in a town. Seroci just seems to be a big town on Izabe which is where they board a boat to Sootopolis. Seroci may contain the Pokemon Center in the Ralts episode, because otherwise it doesn't really appear.

V

VenusaurMaster

Blue Pokemon Master said:
Oh yeah, what's with all these names of cities, eh? In the beginning of the episode they called the place Izabe Island, and while they mispronounced it, I was pleased they kept it in. But then it was Pedikree Dog Chow? ...I mean Pedikree Pokemon Contest? o_o

And at the end of the episode, they mentioned going to Sorosee or something. If that's Sootopolis they're talking about, then I'll be disappointed with the name change. Nintendo wouldn't allow that, though, would they?

Wasn't it Purika or somethin?

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Well I liked this episode..it was better than I expected...Harley did sound homosexual but I have nothing against it..seeing as I am one...anyway...I liked the battle..but Harley is an a**!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
The Big Al said:
And best part is that May actualy fell for it.
And the best part is that May is a 10 year old girl who thought she was getting some helpful advice from a seemingly friendly fellow co-ordinator.
It's called not being a paranoid freak who thinks the world is out to get them in every way possible >.>

Hate May all you want, but please have some logic before you try to belittle someone.

taitofan

Stalker!
Well, in all fairness, she really should have done like he'd said and studied up on her opponents. Then she would have known he was lying to her. The really good part is that [SPOIL]she falls for the same trick twice more in a row. Silly aisai. <3[/SPOIL]

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
taitofan said:
Well, in all fairness, she really should have done like he'd said and studied up on her opponents. Then she would have known he was lying to her.
Considering Harley gave May the little tid-bit of advice, what, a minute before her match?

The really good part is that [SPOIL]she falls for the same trick twice more in a row. Silly aisai. <3[/SPOIL]
Yeah, it is pretty crapped up that [spoil]she falls for it 2 more times.[/spoil]

Though at least the writers tried to justify why May gave him more chances, [spoil]with "everybody deserves a second chance" at the Grand Festival and him actually helping out at the Pokemon Center (not to mention Nurse Joy glorifying him) in Saffron.[/spoil]

Hey, what can you say? May is naive like most children are. She's also gullible which doesn't help. Harley knows how to trick her. That smexy beast <3

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:

And the best part is that May is a 10 year old girl who thought she was getting some helpful advice from a seemingly friendly fellow co-ordinator.
It's called not being a paranoid freak who thinks the world is out to get them in every way possible >.>

Hate May all you want, but please have some logic before you try to belittle someone.
Trust Evanova, trust yourself, everybody else, shoot 'em. -Claudia Christian

I'm sorry but I thought of that line when read this post. Even a ten year old should know not to trust the competition. Besides, May should have seen for herself that Surskit was a little speed demon during his appeal. Granted I've never been a trusting person and I take everything with a grain of salt but I seriously believe May was a nitwit for believing one person and didn't study her opponents appeals.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
VenusaurMaster said:
Wasn't it Purika or somethin?
Yeah, my mistake.

The Big Al said:
Even a ten year old should know not to trust the competition. Besides, May should have seen for herself that Surskit was a little speed demon during his appeal. Granted I've never been a trusting person and I take everything with a grain of salt but I seriously believe May was a nitwit for believing one person and didn't study her opponents appeals.
Well, she is supposed to be somewhat experienced by now, so yeah. But you gotta give her some slack. How often does she, or Ash and the others for that matter, get tricked or lied to by someone who seems to have become a good friend (besides Team Rocket's characters they pretend to be every now and then)?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
CoolTrainerTerry said:
If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.

Why would they do something like that? Homosexuality is like the one thing they don't have a problem with.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Why would they do something like that? Homosexuality is like the one thing they don't have a problem with.
Yeah, they'll even make a person gay when they were straight in the original. coughJamescough

As I said, I'm not very trusting. I'm not going to just take the word of some guy I just met no matter how nice they are. Especially when they're in competition with me.

L

Light-Dragon_Ryu

Ok i've heard 3 different versions of it: I've heard Harry, Harley, and Harland...Which is it?

I could have sworn I heard Him say his name was Harley but i'm not sure...
Plus I think That the Battle was really good, Haruka should have kept her temper intact a bit better but I did like the anger at Masato(Little brat needs to get whats coming to him....</3 Masato >_<)
anyway I give the episode a 9/10

and Did Harley sound a bit afemminant(sp?) to anyone?

Heracross

Custom User Title
His name is still Harley. And why is it surprising that he sounds effeminate? That's the entire point of his character.