• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Call for Brotherly Love! (719)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
*Finds it lame that Dento didn't get to battle twice. Is it REALLY that hard? -_-*

Anyways.....BEST PART OF THE EPISODE!

Pod lying on the floor with a big overdramatic spotlight XDDD

Also, they got their shoes/pant legs right~ ^^

I want Dento to be my teacher...NAO.

Oh yeah also that random sparkling light in the beginning that shone on Dento and Pod was jelly X3

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oshawott is still appearing due to the VA isn't he?

That's the only way that we knew he would appear.

At least Oshawott put a good fight and used all his moves I think.

And at least he lost to attack he is weak against.

Pansear's training montane was cute and I liked the montage of Chili leaving the gym and traveling.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Urgh, I remember people saying the summary had Tepig and Oshawott were training in this episode and people started whining Tepig and him would be used in the gym.

Damn my Keyhole crashed...

Someone else having issues? my keyhole isn't working, libray error tells em to restart it but it doesn't work anyway.

Edit: Fixed

People said that Oshawott was still appearing due to it's VA.. Mine says Library error sometimes, but it remains to work still...

Edit: What was the Live Caster for this episode?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oshawott lost to another fire type all for the sake of plot again.
Why didn't Cilan show Chili his Dwebble and Stunfisk? :mad:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Rock Tomb.

Are you sure it wasn't Rock Smash?

I loved that Ash was [finally] training his Pokemon. Now if only he'd use his reserves more often. Anyway, I'm glad that we got an episode where Cilan got some real character development for once; I was getting tired of episodes where he'd simply dress up in some crazy outfit. I'm still not a fan of Chili, though. He just creeps me out for some reason. I liked that he battled against Ash at the end of the episode, but did they have to show Oshawott again? If they were just gonna have him lose for the hundredth time, then maybe he shouldn't have even appeared. But yeah, it was an average episode.

Now I'll wait for Juputoru to post her fabulous review~

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures. Looks like a great episode to me, can't wait to watch it.

Pansage has Rock Tomb now, kind of feels odd to me. Pansear has Flame Charge, Fire Blast, and Solar Beam.

Some of Ash's Pokemon got some training in.

I would have liked Cress to appear in the flesh, but over the phone and a flashback is good enough.

Team Rocket build up.

I didn't see anything I didn't like.

Grei

not the color
Pansear learns Solarbeam, huh... interesting. I love when non-main in-game characters' Pokemon learn unusual attacks on-screen.

Yes, that was a serious comment. I really did like that.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So Cilian's Pansage learns Rock Tomb, well I am glad it got some development.

What development? (Move learning?)

It didn't learn the move, it already knew it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
What do you mean? it originally had Bite, Dig, Solarbeam and Bullet Seed, so how could it have already know it?

I'm saying that Pansage never learned the move in this episode.

It learned if Offscreen (like Dwebble's Rock Slide).

There was nothing I didn't like about this episode. Oshawott can get wins at the gym battle, Pansage and Pansear with new moves is great, Chili and Cress appearing is also amazing, and them teaching Pansear Solar Beam to help beat Water-Types is also great.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Cilan's Pansage learns Rock Tomb offscreen: a-ok.

Iris's Emolga learns to battle without Volt Switch when it has to: ASFDDJBG,KBNNBHHHHMMVDSFGBNHHHHH MARY SUE MARY SUE KILL IT

Other than that, while I find this episode quite boring, I won't complain too much because it was clearly fanservice aimed at people who like a character I don't. The one thing I don't get is how Chili winning the second fight is necessarily good for his development... if he would have lost again, he could have learned a better lesson about how to get stronger. All the dumping on Oshawott lately is kind of strange too, unless it's leading up to a surprise in the Clay battle.

In the end, though, aside from fanservice, what was the need of this episode really? Chili's development is not going to be relevant to much in the end. I mean, if the episode was about Pansage learning Rock Tomb, at least it would have relevance to the main cast. It's not that there's anything wrong with a fanservice episode once in a while, but I just want to know if there was something I missed in this episode's core.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Considering Brock's family and Misty's sisters reappeared a few times, it was obvious they would focus on Cilan's brothers again.

Nice episode, at least it isn't about some random COTD like in the last batch of BW fillers.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Other than that, while I find this episode quite boring, I won't complain too much because it was clearly fanservice aimed at people who like a character I don't. The one thing I don't get is how Chili winning the second fight is necessarily good for his development... if he would have lost again, he could have learned a better lesson about how to get stronger. All the dumping on Oshawott lately is kind of strange too, unless it's leading up to a surprise in the Clay battle.

Fanservice? This isn't BW013, don't be silly. This isn't fanservice, this is sweet brotherly love X3

It's nice that we got to see Pod come back, and I'm really happy that he won at the end. If he didn't (given Pod's attitude) that could very well lead him to stage 1 again ^^;
Honestly, Oshawott put up a GREAT fight, I dont' see why people are upset about that :x

Oshawotter

Seeing Chili again was very enjoyable and I do love the whole bromance going on between Pansear and Pansage. It was great to see Chili redeem himself after losing to Ash, Trip, Burgund, and Cilan, but I'm really disappointed that all to prove he's not weak, they choose Oshawott to be his victim and he's been nothing but a punching bag lately. And in all honesty, having him fight Cilan again(maybe against Dwebble or Pansage again) and beat him would be far more redeeming for Chili since Cilan is far better as a trainer than Chili is, and maybe even Ash at the moment.

Poor Oshawott :(

XXD17

Draco rex
Seeing Chili again was very enjoyable and I do love the whole bromance going on between Pansear and Pansage. It was great to see Chili redeem himself after losing to Ash, Trip, Burgund, and Cilan, but I'm really disappointed that all to prove he's not weak, they choose Oshawott to be his victim and he's been nothing but a punching bag lately. And in all honesty, having him fight Cilan again(maybe against Dwebble or Pansage again) and beat him would be far more redeeming for Chili since Cilan is far better as a trainer than Chili is, and maybe even Ash at the moment.

Poor Oshawott :(

Hey, be thankful that oshawott didn't lose his first gym battle...poor snivy...

Blazicken

Sex on fire
another episode that was imho a waste of time.
Wonder when the anime will step it up again.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Baoppu again. Yanappu really was glad to see Baoppu again. It was very funny seeing Baoppu getting mad at Chili and taking out its anger on him. Nice to see Ash training Tsutarja, Pikachu and Pokabu in the beginning. It was great seeing Baoppu finally get an on-air win, plus it was vs Mijumaru. That makes up for Baoppu's on-air losses. It was nice seeing Baoppu, Yanappu and the others training and getting stronger together. Ash was very funny refereeing for the 1st time, even saying the wrong things. Cress had only a short appearance... but it's better than not seeing him at all. Cilan really helped out Chili very well and gave good advice.

50/100