• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Call for Brotherly Love! (719)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yes I was talking about in art sense.

Oh and I loved the fact that Gluttony as an ability was mentioned.

Chili and pansear are meant for each other lol.

gohan5

Irisboy
I really liked this episode, the brotherly bond between Dento and Pod and Pansage and Pansear was great. It was a nice episode that helped both Dento and Pod grow together as brothers and in their own respective dreams. A nice little episode that wasn't plot heavy but kept you entertained and feeling happy.

EDIT: Wait! Can I mention one more thing?

Pod relies heavily on attacking, Corn relies heavily on defense (as seen in his battling with Ash), Dento is a mix between the two. More so than that even, Pod's hair goes straight up, Corn's hair goes straight down. Dento's hair goes both up and down. Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color. :D

Can I just say this? Say what you want about Dento but you gotta love Dentogirl's devotion to him and his brothers ^^

Oh and back off with the color thing, she has a good point and anyone that doesn't think so can answer to me :p I couldn't think of an angry face XD

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Oh and I loved the fact that Gluttony as an ability was mentioned.

Wait, it was? Given that held berries and held items in general do not seem to be a thing in the anime, how would Gluttony work? Or was it just mentioned and not explained?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wait, it was? Given that held berries and held items in general do not seem to be a thing in the anime, how would Gluttony work? Or was it just mentioned and not explained?

Cilan stated that Pansear's Ability is Gluttony.

Cilan also suggested that Chili's Pansear should replace Flamethrower or Fire Blast with Solarbeam proving that there is a 4 move limit in the anime now a days.

He replaced Flamethrower with Solarbeam.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Except he didn't.

Pansear doesn't know Dig anymore.

Ya kinda the point, why he replaced that with another fire move is beyond me.....

CupidKirby

The episode was uneventful if you didn't know what the characters were saying, just averaged at alright if you did. And I agree with someone earlier who said that Pod losing to Ash would've been a better lesson. Despite that it was still cute. Giving Pod self-esteem issues is definetly an interesting idea. I'm glad to see that all of the characters appearing throughout the series saying they got the Trio badge by beating Pod and not Corn really wasn't a coincidence. The one scene that made it for me? Probably Dent giving that nice speech about how he's changed since traveling with Ash and Iris. Followed by Pod giving a speech about what his dream is. Seriously, now I'm hoping for a bit of development on Corn...just not necessarily in an episode like this.

At first I was confused on why they had Pod battle Ash instead of Dent in the end. But after some thought I've come to the simple conclusion that Dent shall never be the punching bag in this series. Which is honestly kind of hardcore. His flawlessness in adapting to Ash's style as well, is the show making him into a prodigy? *sits and waits for when someone comes along and creams him in battle causing a riot within the fanbase*

Juputoru said:
-Today, Ash is having Tepig, Snivy, and Pikachu do some target practice. I like how they're going out of their way to show Ash actively training these days.

But less importantly, posts on another forum taught me that all three Striaton gym brothers have slightly different pant lengths.

I've noticed that too. Now no one can complain that he's a lazy 10 year old who never trains since it's obvious the writers are going for the "he does it off screen" excuse. Which is why it's annoying when he loses to someone who gets one training episode when he's been apparently doing it off screen since the beginning.

What? Dang I'm clueless. I should get points since I noticed the shoe thing at least.

00poke_maniac said:
Red and Blue are both primary colors, where as green is a secondary color.

I think this may have more to do with fire, water, and grass being the 'primary/starter' types. But the rest of your deduction is interesting. Man, the things you come up with xD

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think this may have more to do with fire, water, and grass being the 'primary/starter' types. But the rest of your deduction is interesting. Man, the things you come up with xD

True, but it was just an interesting diagnosis I made Actually I don't even think about what I'm typing, I just type it. 8D Hmm...Chlorophyll is green, it absorbs everything but green and its fluorescence is red!~ I don't know where I'm getting at but these boys are just amazing.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the video version finally. Loved the episode.

Nice to see Chili and Cress again. And Cilan got some attention this episode too.

I enjoyed how Ash was a bad referee. Cilan showed him how it's done. Now, just need Iris to be a referee.

Chili finally won. I wonder if the writers planned for an episode like this, I thought it was odd how Chili was always the one losing the battles and I'd give the writers credit to think ahead to say they did plan this from the start. If they didn't, whatever. It's nice to see Chili get some development though, and finally won a battle(On screen no less).

Team Rocket build up was nice.

I enjoyed the episode very much.

Chili scares me.

CupidKirby

Chili scares me.

Now that you mention it, he did scare me at the donut scene.

gliscor&yanmega said:
Chili finally won. I wonder if the writers planned for an episode like this, I thought it was odd how Chili was always the one losing the battles and I'd give the writers credit to think ahead to say they did plan this from the start. If they didn't, whatever. It's nice to see Chili get some development though, and finally won a battle(On screen no less).

Probably. Everytime they showed the trio badge the trainer could've just as easily said that they just won it rather than adding "beating Chili" to the end of all their sentences.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I loved the development Chili and Pansear got in this episode plus Pansage learns a new move as well.

I loved Cilan testing his Pokemon Connoisseur skills again.

This episode was great, I watched it in Japanese yesterday and I think Cilan had the best Japanese VA of any character so far. Mamoru Miyano really shows him off well.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Heh...I just rewatched this episode today (as more of an analysis rather than for fangirling). Now, while the episode obviously revolved around Pod...in a sense it kind of revolved around Dento...if not only a little bit hidden (and he even revealed stuff about himself, albeit quietly).

While he may be an eccentric "pain" he really he doesn't have anything tainted about him. Sure he can be cocky, but his cockiness doesn't hurt anyone. I'm sure Dento's not even aware of it himself, and I'm sure he's not even aware of what a great guy he truly is. It's that pure, untainted smile that he shows. I've noticed this several times in episodes revolving around him...

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/Dentosmiling.png[/IMG139]

In a way he sort of does bring people/pokemon closer together...

you can tell that chilli lost a few times from the past episodes.

Why did Pansear forget dig?
Was it part of Chilli's strageties?

Last edited by a moderator:

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Man, I really dig Chili. He is what this group needed not Cilan and his boring Pokemon. I know Chili has issues but Cilan goes around like he's perfect and everything, it's nice to see someone who has flaws, can have it solved and be interesting in the same time without a bad gag every episode. :sorry for long rant:

10/10

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Man, I really dig Chili. He is what this group needed not Cilan and his boring Pokemon. I know Chili has issues but Cilan goes around like he's perfect and everything, it's nice to see someone who has flaws, can have it solved and be interesting in the same time without a bad gag every episode. :sorry for long rant:

10/10

Look at my post on Dento being an untainted perfect little angel. I have a feeling Chili isn't made to be a Pokemon Sommelier, so if Chili did travel with the gang, this episode wouldn't be here. It'd be very different and not have the same emotional feeling to it. :p

10/10

Does not compute.

Serah

Lifes a happy song
Ehh a boring filler ep well; maybe not filler but still boring. The short TR scenes were more interesting. I found the way the Narrator said "As the journey continues" to just be odd. 10 second pause then very dramatic lol