• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Campus Reunion (851)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Clemont's Campus of Memories! An Electrifying Reunion!!

Heading towards Coumarine City, Ash & Co. find the school where Clemont used to attend. As they tour the facility, the power starts to go out and as they go to investigate, a wild Luxio blocks their path. It turns out that this Luxio evolved from a Shiny that Clemont had befriended as a child. However, there's a tension between them after a misunderstanding when they were young. Will Clemont be able to fix the friendship and find out what's causing the power cut?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts and Ash and co. have arrived at some campus that Clemont attended as a kid.

There's a flashback to when Clemont went to the school and when he found a Shinx in some bushes.

Clemont brings the Shinx to a Pokemon Center.

Clemont is working on something on a computer, in a room at night time.

Shinx then knocks on the room's window from outside.

Clemont lets Shinx in and he shows Shinx what he has been working on.

The flashback ends and Team Rocket is spying on Ash and co.

A Luxio is walking around some hallway in some building on the campus.

Luxio used to be the Shinx that Clemont knew.

Team Rocket are following the Luxio.

An alarm goes off where Ash and co. are and then they rush to see what is going on.

Clemont is with Ash, Bonnie and Serena in some room at night and he starts to remember seeing Luxio.

The room's lights then go off, before one of the scientists from the school comes in the room.

Luxuo is out by himself on the campus and then Team Rocket arrive at where Luxio is.

Jessie sends out Pumpkaboo and James sends out Inkay to try and capture the Luxio.

Ash and co. then arrive, before Team Rocket does their motto.

Inkay and Pumpkaboo continue to attack Luxio, but then Pikachu stops the attacks with Thunderbolt.

Clemont looks at how injured Luxio is and remembers the good times they shared.

Ash's Pikachu continues to fight Inkay and Pumpkaboo and then Luxio fights as well.

Team Rocket blast off due to Luxio's attack.

As Luxio leaves, Clemont talks to Luxio, but it just ends up jumping down a manhole.

In the morning, Ash and co. say goodbye to the people who work at the campus.

Luxio then comes out of a bush and Clemont is happy to see it.

Clemont then throws a Pokeball at Luxio and Luxio gets captured.

Clemont is happy to have his old friends with him.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, that supposedly Bonnie kissing scene from that preview belongs to this episode and its actually part of the animation of asking a girl to be Clemont's wife.

zhixun

This episode is MUCH BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE in my opinion. SERENA SHOULD HAVE GOT HER YANCHAM LIKE THAT INSTEAD OF USING HER BELOVED FOKKO.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
so that was actually clemont's sensei - the girl we saw on the scan before this episode airs

did clemont mention her name, sorry i think i didn't heard it clearly while i watch it

i got to agree that this episode looks good, luxio getting much focus proves it to be clemont's pokemon more

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Loved this ep. As usual, episodes focusing on Clemont slay so much.

I really liked that Luxio first declined to join Clemont's Party. Clemont getting all teary eyed after seeing it again willing to join him was so cute. It's voice is also adorable, sounds female/young btw.

It's a heavy-dialogue ep, so I'll wait until there's proper subs to fully understand the plot. I wonder what Luxio said to TR that Meowth translated.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I really liked this episode, but I would've loved Luxio to request a battle for Clemont to prove himself after their issues.. but oh well, I'm just happy there's a Luxio on the cast!

This episode is MUCH BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE in my opinion. SERENA SHOULD HAVE GOT HER YANCHAM LIKE THAT INSTEAD OF USING HER BELOVED FOKKO.

Battling Pokemon before capture is the way you do it in the games, so why shouldn't Serena have battled Pancham? This makes no sense.. I mean how often do you load up your game, come across a Pokemon which you're then overly friendly with and choose a "come along with me" option?

K.N.

did clemont mention her name, sorry i think i didn't heard it clearly while i watch it

Her name was Eclair (of course)

It's voice is also adorable, sounds female/young btw.

It's voiced by the same person who voiced Corni.

Anyway, I liked this episode enough, but like a lot of episodes in XY there's just something really "off" about the pacing that irks me. Hard to put into words.

Probably been said a million times by now but it is really weird for a character to be catching a Pokemon that has nothing to do with the current gen or an upcoming remake. Not that I'm complaining since I really like the Shinx line.

Personally I didn't feel like I got a good grasp of Luxio's character aside from the fact it's dead serious. Looking forward to seeing more of it since Bunnelby never appears, Chespin has become Oshawott 2.0 and Dedenne is there to fill the cute quota with Bonnie.

This makes no sense.. I mean how often do you load up your game, come across a Pokemon which you're then overly friendly with and choose a "come along with me" option?

Not that I disagree with the idea of Serena battling to catch Pancham, but this argument doesn't really work considering how often the anime violates video game rules anyway.

I imagine the "I want to come with you" option is generally due to two reasons
1. It "develops" the character of the Pokemon and Trainer by implying they both have a goal they're willing to work together towards, enough that the Pokemon wants to come of their own free will
2. They probably don't want to have heroes in their kid's show beating animals into submission before forcing them to come along
The latter is probably why even when Ash catches a Pokemon proper he almost always releases them out right after and asks them if they're willing to come (I'd really like to see one time when a Pokemon just goes "nope", that'd be kinda funny/interesting).

Of course, not like you can't have the first option without the battle anyway, because they've also had several instances where the Pokemon wanted to battle the trainer to see if they were worthy.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
For a capture episode this episode was just as boring as your normal bog standard rocket filler.

There wasn't even a 5 second chespin segment to add any excitement to this episode.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Easily one of XY's best episodes, Clemont and Luxio were so good and the tears? Delicious.

Fufuyurifan

GenVI Fangirl
Oh my god, this episode was too cute. It might sound like I'm over exaggerating, but I was very very nearly near tears by the end, because it looked for a second like Luxio wouldn't show up (even if we all knew that it would join Clemont's team), plus when it did Clemont was just so happy!

That boy will kill me one day I swear. ;3;

The thing that sort of gets me most about the flashbacks and how they both drifted apart was the moment when Clemont notices Shinx waiting for him and unfortunately he's not going to show up; just Shinx's little expression, like it was looking forward to what they were going to do that day and it was just waiting for him.

I really enjoyed the episode, though subtitles would be brilliant. All I really understood from it, outside of what we already knew about Clemont and Shinx/Luxio from summaries, was that Clemont created the electric shower things Pikachu and Dedenne were enjoying in the beginning, and he first got the idea because of Shinx.

Janovy

Banned
Amazing episode, definitely one of the best.

I was so moved by Clemont's feeling of regret.

Sprinter1988

Backstory for Clemont - check
A decent electric type for Clemont's team - check
An electric type isn't a pika-clone - check

All in all, a great episode!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was almost on par with a filler imho. I preferred Luxio in the flashbacks when he was a Shinx since he was actually cute back then, but the emotionally scarred Luxio drama was so predictable and tiring in my opinion. The fact that there was no battle when Clemont caught Luxio was also disappointing and only the animation saved this episode in my view.