• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Campus Reunion (851)

Blood Red

【推しの子】
so far yeah the episode was decent to me, now i'll just wait for the subs to come out in the next few weeks

also it looks like i'm the only one who notice that tr wore the same clothes back in xy 47 :/

So, TR were able to fool Ash and co. by reusing old props? Massively disappointed, but not even slightly surprised.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thank god Clemont didn't pull a GLaDos on Shinx and made the cake a lie.

In any case the episode was really heartwarming, and it was good to see Clemont capture another pokemon. Though it does leave one question, now that I remember Luxray doesn't a Mega Evolution form (which I assumed originally was the intent for Clemont to capture Luxio), what will he capture that does have one?

Probably a starter of some sort, maybe a Torchic or Mudkip.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But that wouldn't make much sense, IMHO. It would be as weird as Brock catching a Lotad; something I still fail to understand properly. Even then, Brock was no longer a Gym Leader, while Clemont still is.

Why exactly?? Just because Clemont is an Electric type gym leader, doesn't mean he can't own other types, I mean he has 4 electric types already. Plus everybody is speculating that Serena will get one so why is it crazy for Clemont to get one??

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Why exactly?? Just because Clemont is an Electric type gym leader, doesn't mean he can't own other types, I mean he has 4 electric types already. Plus everybody is speculating that Serena will get one so why is it crazy for Clemont to get one??

For the simple reason that I want that Mega to be used against Ash for his fifth badge. Honestly, I don't see Clemont using a Marshtomp against him during the battle.

zhixun

For the simple reason that I want that Mega to be used against Ash for his fifth badge. Honestly, I don't see Clemont using a Marshtomp against him during the battle.

Citron is not going to get a Mizugorou in my opinion. The only starter that makes sense for him is Achamo since his father has a Bursyamo.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored

I REALLY doubt Clemont will fully evolve a starter AND mega evolve it by the 5th gym battle considering we're only 20-25 episodes away if the calendar spoiler is right and they reach Lumiose again in april-may.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I like the music that opened up this episode. Made me want to go shopping for some reason. Anyway a solid Clemont episode. I wasn't super into it, but I wasn't bored either. It was in the middle. The first flashback of Clemont we got I was a little surprised about. They didn't do the usual flashback sequence. So when I saw a little Clemont walking by I thought, is that little boy like Clemont. Then I realized that obviously was Clemont. Nothing major. This episode didn't really have many memorable moments but I'm glad I watched it. Clemont's backstory with Shinx/Luxio was interesting too. Seeing little Clemont as a inventor reminded me of Meet the Robinsons. All we needed was a villain with min controlled Froakies and a Tyrantrum with a big head and little arms. That would have made this episode perfect. Instead we got TR who are becoming more and more irrelevant by the episode and we're slowly reverting back to them being in every episode for no reason at all. I thought BW fixed that problem.

Overall a nice Clemont episode. Not the best one, but it expanded on Clemont's character as a kid and with a Pokemon and I enjoyed it. Next week a Bonnie episode. The Blonde Brigade are just having a field day with back to back to back episodes.

RVD_fan

Clemont is, without a doubt, carrying the series right now. Put a COTD in the main role and this episode is boring filler, but Clemont actually has enough established character to make it really heart-felt, even if the plot followed a predictable pattern.

I haven't been keeping up with things, so I had no idea Clemont was gonna catch Luxio. I like it when the former Gym Leaders actually catch Pokemon of their type (take notes, Cilan), and it should make the Ash/Clemont battle better.

Navin

MALDREAD
I watched the raw version.

Pros:
* Clemont capturing Luxio
* Clemont's backstory
* Clemont in general

Cons:
* TR...

Overall, a good episode. Clemont capturing one of my favorite lines from Gen IV was the highlight. Hopefully it'll evolve into Luxray. Clemont now has two seemingly strong Electric types (barring Dedenne) in Heliolisk and Luxio. The promised battle with Ash will be good.

7/10.

DoctorDark

To be honest I'm getting a distinct Charizard/Mamoswine/Excadrill/Dragonite vibe from this Luxio. I won't be surprised if Clemont runs into a bit of difficulties with getting Luxio to behave in battles later due to harboring a bit of a grudge from the previous broken promise. He still cares about Clemont a lot (therefore he came back) but it doesn't mean he won't make Clemont work to gain back his trust.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
After wathing the sub version I now fully understand the plot. Made me like the episode even more :)

I really like that Shinx was indirectly responsible for the idea of Citronic Showers. Also I loved how Luxio tried to protect the place all the time, even attacking the same people in charge of the system. He even remembered Clemont's ideals perfectly, as evidenced when he replied to TR with the exact same words.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I'm actually really surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode. I knew I would like it because duh Clemont, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. The Shinx-Clemont relationship was so cute aww. And when he left in in his flashback, it made me feel for the little Shinx.
I am glad that this species is getting more screentime. I've always liked the electric lion pokemon.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
I really liked the episode, Clemont's and Shinx's relationship was so cute, and Clemont protecting Luxio from Shadow Ball was really cool from him.

And for those who don't know, "Eclair" in French means "Lightning" she wasn't named from the eclair ;-;

Vernikova

Champion
I forgot about the whole concept of catching Pokemon still existed, probably because I'm sick.

Still, a Luxio episode of all things is a surprise. Clemont as a kid sounded really bad. And that's mainly it. I didn't really care about the Clemont-Luxio dynamic this episode.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Very true, pokemon captures seem to be a rare event these days. I thought it was not bad for an origin story, things could have gotten pretty boring if Team rocket had not appeared. Although I still would like to see the trio get a boost in power/ numbers too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Michael Liscio Jr. can't do little boy voices for his life can he? lol

TPCI must have one hellof a budget to not hire a women who can.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Wait, are you trying to insult TPCI's budget of half a sandwich?
Oh sh** is it actually bad? That would explain the dubbing quality...
I'm not trying to make fun of it or anything.